CBR pics.

DANSDAD! YOU ROCK! DO YOU EVER ORDER ITEMS FROM GREEN GROCER?
Sorry hadhand srgy today...one handed typing.
we have dining plan but dislike paying a lot for waters and the like!

Not dansdad but I wanted to let you know that we have used Garden Grocer many times. We order drinks, water, milk, breakfast foods, etc. Several times, the items were delivered prior to our arrival and were left with Bell Services. When you arrive at the resort, you have two options, you can pick up your delivery from Bell Services yourself or you can call Bell Services when you get to your room and have them bring them directly to you.

Not dansdad but I wanted to let you know that we have used Garden Grocer many times. We order drinks, water, milk, breakfast foods, etc. Several times, the items were delivered prior to our arrival and were left with Bell Services. When you arrive at the resort, you have two options, you can pick up your delivery from Bell Services yourself or you can call Bell Services when you get to your room and have them bring them directly to you.

Thanks Mickeystoontown! We may consider this as an option.

Jumping in to support MTT on garden grocer !!! They are awesome, especially for beer, wine, booze, way cheaper then on resort !!

But we get all sorts of stuff, breakfasts, snacks, fruit etc etc...

I have been reading this thread for the last three months or so. All I can say is WOW! This is a beautiful resort. You all have taken great pics. Thanks you so much for sharing.
Lisa, I feel like I have been stalking you. Other then reading your trip reports, it has been a surprise that I seem to pick threads you are also reading. After seeing all your pics here, plus reading two (I think) trip reports I feel I know your family. I hope you don't mind I see you as a dis friend. That sounds better then a person I stalk on the boards.
Again thanks everyone for the pics. Please keep them coming. It looks like next year trip has been moved to two years from now. I need all of you to help me till I can get back!

I have been reading this thread for the last three months or so. All I can say is WOW! This is a beautiful resort. You all have taken great pics. Thanks you so much for sharing.
Lisa, I feel like I have been stalking you. Other then reading your trip reports, it has been a surprise that I seem to pick threads you are also reading. After seeing all your pics here, plus reading two (I think) trip reports I feel I know your family. I hope you don't mind I see you as a dis friend. That sounds better then a person I stalk on the boards.
Again thanks everyone for the pics. Please keep them coming. It looks like next year trip has been moved to two years from now. I need all of you to help me till I can get back!

You are so funny! I talk about my Dis friends all the time too and I totally get what you're saying.

I've been posting updates on my trip report like crazy lately. I have many more days to cover still.

I came across a lot more CBR pics on Photobucket and will be posting those soon.

Does any one have pictures of Martinique building 25 and the Martinique area in general? Trying to deside if we should request prefered Martinique room or Trinidad North. Which has the prettiest grounds? Any pictures of Trinidad North would be great as well. Do either of these areas still have the finding Nemo room decor? The boys seem to really like those.

Do either of these areas still have the finding Nemo room decor? The boys seem to really like those.

The Nemo bedspreads are gone but they have been cut into a runner at the foot of the bed. But the Nemo border is still there in all the buildings (except the Pirate Rooms of course).

Does any one have pictures of Martinique building 25 and the Martinique area in general? Trying to deside if we should request prefered Martinique room or Trinidad North. Which has the prettiest grounds? Any pictures of Trinidad North would be great as well. Do either of these areas still have the finding Nemo room decor? The boys seem to really like those.

I take at least two walks around the resort during our stays so I have pictures of each village. I posted them on my trip report an installment or two ago but I'll find them and post them here as well. Just give me a minute or two.:thumbsup2

Oh and each village looks pretty similar just different color buildings and maybe a slight variation in the foliage.

Let's take a walk around the resort shall we! My camera died a little more than halfway through my walk but I was still able to take quite a few pictures of the buildings, a little bit of upkeep construction (this was back in May/June, 2013), the laundry room, quiet pools, etc.

Martinique:

There are little lizards everywhere and they usually scamper away when you approach them. I was, however, able to snap a pic of this one:

Some of the landscaping/foliage:

Walking from Martinique towards the marina and Old Port Royale:

The marina:

Marina signage:

Outside of Centertown Old Port Royale (side facing the main pool)

Some of the food items available in the food court:

They were replacing the soda drink lines and the castmembers were helping the guests fill their cups. It was fixed in no time at all but I wanted to post the picture to show that the drink station is in the middle of the food court:

We surprised the family with tickets to Cirque during our lunch. I posted this picture so that you could see the table/chair set up.

Continued in next post

Walking from Old Port Royale towards Martinique:

In the village of Barbados. There is a wooden walkway section of the promenade that goes from Barbados to Aruba.

Views:

Aruba:

Beside each village quiet pool is a bathroom and a laundry room. I went inside each to take pictures.

**Continued in next post

Bathroom:

View from the quiet pool:

Inside the laundry room:

Outside of the laundry room:

Looking back at the Aruba quiet pool:

Taking one of the pathways towards the promenade:

One of the resident ducks:

Walking towards Jamaica and the views:

They were doing some building cleaning while we were there:

The flowers here are gorgeous:

The Jamaica quiet pool:

Looking across the lake towards Trinidad North:

As we walked into the village of Trinidad South (where the pirate rooms are located), my camera batteries died. I was able to take just one picture there:

I think that I have more pictures that were taken after these. I'll be sure to post them when I find them.

Thank you Mickeystoontown for the time you put into posting the pics for me. Unfortunitly I can not see them. Just the lettering is showing up. I am not on my computer and may try again at home. Could there be a block on this computer that will not allow me to see them? I can see some pictures on posts but then there are others I can not see. any suggestions? You really got my mouth watering and I am really looking forward to seeing these picks!!!

Thank you Mickeystoontown for the time you put into posting the pics for me. Unfortunitly I can not see them. Just the lettering is showing up. I am not on my computer and may try again at home. Could there be a block on this computer that will not allow me to see them? I can see some pictures on posts but then there are others I can not see. any suggestions? You really got my mouth watering and I am really looking forward to seeing these picks!!!

You're welcome! If you can see some of the pics but not others, it may be the computer program blocking them. I know that some of my friends can't see the pics while they are work because they are blocked. I'm not very computer literate so maybe somebody else can suggest a different program to use that would allow you to see them.

Believe me when I tell you that the grounds are much prettier in person than they are in pictures. I remember back when we stayed at the CBR for the first time and thinking "I didn't see any pictures of this or that or that either." So, I set out to take as many pictures as possible and post them here on the Dis for others to see.

I noticed your ticker. Our dates are very close. We'll be there May 24th to June 7th. If I am counting correctly, this will be our 10th (or possibly 11th) stay at the CBR. Yep, we love it!

You're welcome! If you can see some of the pics but not others, it may be the computer program blocking them. I know that some of my friends can't see the pics while they are work because they are blocked. I'm not very computer literate so maybe somebody else can suggest a different program to use that would allow you to see them.

Believe me when I tell you that the grounds are much prettier in person than they are in pictures. I remember back when we stayed at the CBR for the first time and thinking "I didn't see any pictures of this or that or that either." So, I set out to take as many pictures as possible and post them here on the Dis for others to see.

I noticed your ticker. Our dates are very close. We'll be there May 24th to June 7th. If I am counting correctly, this will be our 10th (or possibly 11th) stay at the CBR. Yep, we love it!

Yes I am not very computer literate either. I am so glad to here how beautiful CBR is!!! This will be our first stay on Disney grounds and our children's first stay period. I really wanted to make it special for them so I originally booked the Poly. I just love the tropical theme and the pool looked great. Then we found out about the construction. I am so glad to have found CBR!!! We were able to upgrade our DD to DDD. We were also able to upgrade to a prefered room and still saved money. We still have the tropical theme and what looks like a great pool so I am excited!!!
We chose the dates in May for several reasons. 1) last week of school for the kids so they won't miss much, 2) temp will be better than in late June when we had thought about going. 3) we get to see the flower fest at Epcot and Star Wars weekend at Hollywood studios.
Hopefully I will be able to add to the pics when we return. Just love this forum!!! It has helped me out so much already!!!!

Yes I am not very computer literate either. I am so glad to here how beautiful CBR is!!! This will be our first stay on Disney grounds and our children's first stay period. I really wanted to make it special for them so I originally booked the Poly. I just love the tropical theme and the pool looked great. Then we found out about the construction. I am so glad to have found CBR!!! We were able to upgrade our DD to DDD. We were also able to upgrade to a prefered room and still saved money. We still have the tropical theme and what looks like a great pool so I am excited!!!
We chose the dates in May for several reasons. 1) last week of school for the kids so they won't miss much, 2) temp will be better than in late June when we had thought about going. 3) we get to see the flower fest at Epcot and Star Wars weekend at Hollywood studios.
Hopefully I will be able to add to the pics when we return. Just love this forum!!! It has helped me out so much already!!!!

I would love to stay at the Poly but I can't make myself pay those prices. The CBR has a very tropical/beachy feel and is very family friendly. Our first onsite stay was at the CBR and we were hooked.

Most of our 19 trips to Disney have been during May. We leave as soon as school gets out and head straight for Disney. There's definitely a difference between the end of May crowds and June crowds (our trips roll over into June).

We've been to Star Wars Weekends two or three times. Be prepared for crowds! I suggest that you do a lot of research before you go. There are some folks who line up for Fastpasses in the wee hours of the morning and they'll be gone quickly. This trip, we've decided to skip SWW all together.

If you haven't already, you should check out my trip report. I'm pretty far along into the trip but it wouldn't take you long to catch up since I have links to each chapter/installment in the second post. I'd love to have you. Just click on the link in my signature below.

I would love to stay at the Poly but I can't make myself pay those prices. The CBR has a very tropical/beachy feel and is very family friendly. Our first onsite stay was at the CBR and we were hooked.

Most of our 19 trips to Disney have been during May. We leave as soon as school gets out and head straight for Disney. There's definitely a difference between the end of May crowds and June crowds (our trips roll over into June).

We've been to Star Wars Weekends two or three times. Be prepared for crowds! I suggest that you do a lot of research before you go. There are some folks who line up for Fastpasses in the wee hours of the morning and they'll be gone quickly. This trip, we've decided to skip SWW all together.

If you haven't already, you should check out my trip report. I'm pretty far along into the trip but it wouldn't take you long to catch up since I have links to each chapter/installment in the second post. I'd love to have you. Just click on the link in my signature below.

The only reason I could justify spending that amount on the Poly was because this may be our only trip to Disney or at the least our next trip would probally be three years after this one. We would not spurge as much as we could for our kids first trip. We had planned on doing just a standard room with the mid range dining plan at the Poly. But honestly now with all the massive construction there, there is NO WAY I could justify paying that much. I am very satisfied with my decision to switch to CBR. As mentioned before we now have an upgraded DDP, an upgraded prefered room, a great pool, and still a tropical paradise. On top of that we still saved money!!!!

That is one thing I LOVE to do is research on our vacations. I usually spend the whole year planning and doing reasearch on the computer. My husband likes to be spontaneous. I like everything planned so I know what we will be faced with and have the confidence that we can do the activities we want to do. I will know what we are doing first, last, and everything in between. He now leaves all the planning to me which is essential for Disney.
Yeah did not have our HS day planned out well though. Ended up scheduling it for the first day!!! WOW what was I thinking???? But the boys and the hubby are HUGE Star Wars fans. I will have to be very good at coming up with a plan of action as well as some back up plans for the park that day . Your blog would be very helpful. Thanks so much!!! any advice from you will be more than welcomed!!!

The only reason I could justify spending that amount on the Poly was because this may be our only trip to Disney or at the least our next trip would probally be three years after this one. We would not spurge as much as we could for our kids first trip. We had planned on doing just a standard room with the mid range dining plan at the Poly. But honestly now with all the massive construction there, there is NO WAY I could justify paying that much. I am very satisfied with my decision to switch to CBR. As mentioned before we now have an upgraded DDP, an upgraded prefered room, a great pool, and still a tropical paradise. On top of that we still saved money!!!!

That is one thing I LOVE to do is research on our vacations. I usually spend the whole year planning and doing reasearch on the computer. My husband likes to be spontaneous. I like everything planned so I know what we will be faced with and have the confidence that we can do the activities we want to do. I will know what we are doing first, last, and everything in between. He now leaves all the planning to me which is essential for Disney.
Yeah did not have our HS day planned out well though. Ended up scheduling it for the first day!!! WOW what was I thinking???? But the boys and the hubby are HUGE Star Wars fans. I will have to be very good at coming up with a plan of action as well as some back up plans for the park that day . Your blog would be very helpful. Thanks so much!!! any advice from you will be more than welcomed!!!

I am a researcher by nature too. I want to know as much about the place that I am going that I can. Even though we end up at the CBR every single trip, I still look at the other moderates and wonder if we should stay somewhere else. My husband asks me why I put myself through it. :rotfl:

Is there any way that you can plan two days at HS? One designated for SWW and the other to see the attractions/rides?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter