CBR pics.

I am a researcher by nature too. I want to know as much about the place that I am going that I can. Even though we end up at the CBR every single trip, I still look at the other moderates and wonder if we should stay somewhere else. My husband asks me why I put myself through it. :rotfl:

Is there any way that you can plan two days at HS? One designated for SWW and the other to see the attractions/rides?

No probally not now. We have planned two days at MK instead since both days there will be split. The first day at Mk we are going to do the character breakfast at Ohana's and the Pirate Pal cruise in the evening. The second day at Mk we are going to the Luau in the evening at the Poly. Figured we can get to MK at rope drop on the day we go to the Luau that way we can do some of the more popular rides early and leave the second day at MK for low traffic rides on the day we will get to the park later. I also thought we could do the FP+ for the parade after we go to the Luau at the Poly since the Poly is so close to MK. We have planned all our ADR's accordingly so it would be very hard to switch to HS for a second day instead. Hubby LOVES Star Wars and still likes looking at the collectables so it may be my ticket to get him to come back LOL!!! Since we will only have the one day do you have any suggestions? I understand we just may not be able to fit everything in but what would you say could be a plan of action? As of right now we have lunch at SCI FI at 11:45am and the Fantasmic Dinner Package for Mamma Melrose for 5:45pm. I would like to try to sign the boys up for Jedi Training and thought that should be done first. We would try to be one of the first one's at rope drop that day. Do you think we have a chance at getting in or should I not waste the time and head some where else? I would hate to get there only to be told there is no room and we could have been in line for a popular ride or show instead. This will also be the only place were the boys may want to do a met and greet. I will probally limit them to one Character so we could fit a variety of things in our day. I am relaying on your expertise here.

Oh and by the way the hubby's just don't get it. They enjoy the ride but just don't understand the planning part.

"Mickeystoontown" your pictures are beautiful. We were in disney in November and stayed at POR. I really wanted to try CBR but was told they still have double beds. Does anyone know when they will get queen sized beds? We're thinking about going in 2015 and would like to try that resort.

"Mickeystoontown" your pictures are beautiful. We were in disney in November and stayed at POR. I really wanted to try CBR but was told they still have double beds. Does anyone know when they will get queen sized beds? We're thinking about going in 2015 and would like to try that resort.

I am no means the person to ask since I have onle been to Disney World Parks once and that was back in 2000. We did not stay on grounds at the time. However you can take this with a grain of salt. I have been doing a large amount of research since we will be saying on grounds for our Disney vacation in May of this year and found out through these threads that CBR will be starting a room refurbishment in april 2014. When I booked I asked if I could request a queen size bed because I had heard that CBR would be getting them when they do the room refurbishment. The women I talked to knew nothing about it and got defensive when I told her I heard about it on the forum. She claims they hear about everything first. She later appologized to me after she had called the resort to find out. She said they told her that yes they would be getting the queen size beds and they would be working in one village at a time until completion. She did say that they did not know which village they would start with first and suggested to me to call back closer to my trip. So my advice is to keep your eyes and ears open because I have a feeling that if CBR gets the queen size beds it may gain in popularity real fast.

Thank you! It's so easy to get beautiful pictures at the CBR since the grounds are so pretty.

It was confirmed to me by a higher up at the resort itself that they would be getting a room refurb which would include queen beds. They are supposed to start in April, 2014 and start with one village and move on to the next. I don't know how quickly they work but when I asked if it was possible that I'd get a new room when we arrive on May 24, 2014, I was told that it was, indeed possible. However, I am going to call a month or so and get an update just to make sure they are on schedule.

I am no means the person to ask since I have onle been to Disney World Parks once and that was back in 2000. We did not stay on grounds at the time. However you can take this with a grain of salt. I have been doing a large amount of research since we will be saying on grounds for our Disney vacation in May of this year and found out through these threads that CBR will be starting a room refurbishment in april 2014. When I booked I asked if I could request a queen size bed because I had heard that CBR would be getting them when they do the room refurbishment. The women I talked to knew nothing about it and got defensive when I told her I heard about it on the forum. She claims they hear about everything first. She later appologized to me after she had called the resort to find out. She said they told her that yes they would be getting the queen size beds and they would be working in one village at a time until completion. She did say that they did not know which village they would start with first and suggested to me to call back closer to my trip. So my advice is to keep your eyes and ears open because I have a feeling that if CBR gets the queen size beds it may gain in popularity real fast.

It's crazy how much more we know here on the Disboards than the actual CMs. I have spoken directly to a resort manager at the CBR and they are getting a refurb come April. Like you, I'm going to be calling again for an update. Hopefully, we'll get a refurbed room.

Mickeystoontown, how did you get to talk to a CBR resort manager? I have tried many times to talk to some one directly at the resort it self but have had no luck. I felt lucky when the CM I spoke with called the resort but she just transfered the information to me. It sure would be easier to talk to the resort directly.
Oh and yes the Disneyboards are fantastic!!! I would be lost with out it!!!! Thanks to you and many others that have helped me along the way.

Horse11, mickeystoontown, thanks for getting back. I also read about the refurbishment too so maybe by the time I go back in 2015 it will be done.

Mickeystoontown, how did you get to talk to a CBR resort manager? I have tried many times to talk to some one directly at the resort it self but have had no luck. I felt lucky when the CM I spoke with called the resort but she just transfered the information to me. It sure would be easier to talk to the resort directly.
Oh and yes the Disneyboards are fantastic!!! I would be lost with out it!!!! Thanks to you and many others that have helped me along the way.

After our last trip to Disney, I had written to them about some observations/suggestions and received a reply letter. I was given the manager's telephone number but was asked not to share it. The manager told me to call back after the first of the year for an update so I'll be calling sometime in February.

Horse11, mickeystoontown, thanks for getting back. I also read about the refurbishment too so maybe by the time I go back in 2015 it will be done.

I'm sure that the majority will be done by 2015.

Heading back to CBR in just 5 weeks :cool1: :woohoo: :dance3: :yay:

I really have nothing to contribute - just wanted to dance a little :rotfl2:

I've posted some pics in the past, and will post more after we return. Just can't wait to wander around the grounds again - this resort is so beautiful!! :thumbsup2

After our last trip to Disney, I had written to them about some observations/suggestions and received a reply letter. I was given the manager's telephone number but was asked not to share it. The manager told me to call back after the first of the year for an update so I'll be calling sometime in February.

I'm sure that the majority will be done by 2015.

Yeah I guess they do not want to give the hotel's direct number because a million people would be calling asking for requests. Just keep as all posted when you call. You have been a great asset to these forums. Thanks for all you do.

Heading back to CBR in just 5 weeks :cool1: :woohoo: :dance3: :yay:

I really have nothing to contribute - just wanted to dance a little :rotfl2:

I've posted some pics in the past, and will post more after we return. Just can't wait to wander around the grounds again - this resort is so beautiful!! :thumbsup2

I can't blame you for dancing! Looking forward to seeing your pictures!

Yeah I guess they do not want to give the hotel's direct number because a million people would be calling asking for requests. Just keep as all posted when you call. You have been a great asset to these forums. Thanks for all you do.

I will definitely keep everybody updated as I hear things. As I said before, the Dis is a wonderful source of info and I'm glad that I found it.

Anyone have pics showing what the refurbed rooms will look like? I was at property control the other day and I saw they had a lot of furniture from the CBR that they were selling off so they must be in full swing now.

Anyone have pics showing what the refurbed rooms will look like? I was at property control the other day and I saw they had a lot of furniture from the CBR that they were selling off so they must be in full swing now.

What is property control? Can any one buy the furniture? What a Disney keepsake that would make!!!

Mickeystoontown is there right now and she said one section is totally blocked off and closed for refurbishment...so I sure hope that means the queens are going in.!

I tried to take some "informative" pictures in the food court.

Decaffinated coffee dispensers on the long condiment counter in the food court:

One of the microwaves available to guests. Also on the long counter near the drink station in the food court:

One of several mustard, mayo, ketchup dispensers on the long counter near the drink station in the food court:

Toasters and another condiment dispenser on the long counter near the drink station in the food court. At the very end of the counter just past the dispenser is a mug wash sink/station.

Items available on the long counter near the drink station in the food court:

Drinks available in the food court drink station.

Hot cocoa:

Gold Peak teas:

Coffee:

Other drinks:

I'll post more soon.

More informative type pictures. Sorry that some are a bit blurry. I took the pictures with my phone and was trying to snap pictures while staying out of other guests' way.

Some of the items available in the grab-n-go section of the food court:

Someone over on the CBR info thread had asked what items were available as a snack plan credit. You can see some of the DP symbols near some of the items in the pictures above and below:

The view from our table in the food court:

I took this picture of my son in the arcade simply for my use but then dansdad posted that he needed a picture of the arcade and this is the only one that I could find so far.

Courtyard outside the main pool and Old Port Royale/Centertown:

Menu on the umbrella table at the Jamaica quiet pool:

More pictures to come

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!