• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Castle Refurbishment January Thru Spring

Anyone know if the scrim usually goes up immediately when the refurb is set to begin? It says the refurb is due to begin Jan. 17. We arrive Jan. 19. Just wondering if there is any chance the scrim won't be up yet?

I am wondering this also!

That sucks :(

Heading over in February, with (likely) no WOC and no Fantastic there seems to be no "nighttime spectacle"..... Very disappointing, Considering there really is no such thing as Low Season at Disney parks anymore, just Busy and Busier, you'd hope Disney would stagger their refurbs better/more evenly than this

Heading over in February, with (likely) no WOC and no Fantastic there seems to be no "nighttime spectacle"..... Very disappointing, Considering there really is no such thing as Low Season at Disney parks anymore, just Busy and Busier, you'd hope Disney would stagger their refurbs better/more evenly than this

To be fair WOC wasn't planned, they had hoped to have it up and running by now and there is still a chance it could be up. No matter when they do it people going then will be upset. The water rides are always down that time of year and it makes sense since its often on the cooler side.

I just wish woc would come back. I’ve had an AP for the first time in my life since last April. Been to Disneyland 5 different times since then, still haven’t seen woc. Going again in late January then mid March and still might not see woc. Being down for so long is a joke imho.
WOC was not planned to be down. The multi-million dollar "accident" wasn't planned. They would have LOVED to have had it up for Halloween for the Villains show they had spent a lot of money creating. They would have loved to have had it up to pull Christmas crowds from Disneyland to the DCA side. While you may think it's a joke, reality is it is an extremely major repair that everyone is waiting for. I'm hoping it will be back by April. But maybe it will be back sooner! But Disney did not "plan" to be down this long.

WOC was not planned to be down. The multi-million dollar "accident" wasn't planned. They would have LOVED to have had it up for Halloween for the Villains show they had spent a lot of money creating. They would have loved to have had it up to pull Christmas crowds from Disneyland to the DCA side. While you may think it's a joke, reality is it is an extremely major repair that everyone is waiting for. I'm hoping it will be back by April. But maybe it will be back sooner! But Disney did not "plan" to be down this long.

While I 100% agree with you, I think the originally poster was just miffed that WOC being down was in addition to a lot of other entertainment not being on either.
While I get WOC is down, they could have pushed back the F! refurb, or brought pack a night time parade, or show the fireworks throughout the week. This is Disney we're talking about.

Exactly.

To be fair WOC wasn't planned, they had hoped to have it up and running by now and there is still a chance it could be up. No matter when they do it people going then will be upset. The water rides are always down that time of year and it makes sense since its often on the cooler side.

Doesnt matter whether WOC being down was planned. They have chosen to push on with a F! Refurb while WOC was down instead of waiting, they could have left F! running them taking it down once WOC was back, why leave one group of guests with nothing so you can give another both? Especially when their tickets cost the same?
Not to mention, it is them that are.choosing not to run say paint the night as a filler and according to the entertainment schedule there isnt even any fireworks after early Jan.....

Exactly.

Doesnt matter whether WOC being down was planned. They have chosen to push on with a F! Refurb while WOC was down instead of waiting, they could have left F! running them taking it down once WOC was back, why leave one group of guests with nothing so you can give another both? Especially when their tickets cost the same?
Not to mention, it is them that are.choosing not to run say paint the night as a filler and according to the entertainment schedule there isnt even any fireworks after early Jan.....
PTN although physically can run with the food booths, it’s not realistic and likely won’t be back till food and wine concludes. The new Mickey show will be starting on Jan 18 and will have pyro on select nights (ie. weekends).

PTN although physically can run with the food booths, it’s not realistic and likely won’t be back till food and wine concludes. The new Mickey show will be starting on Jan 18 and will have pyro on select nights (ie. weekends).

There is nothing yet showing on the calander.

Exactly.

Actually there is the discount deal on tickets right now so those of us going mid Jan through I think sometime in May are paying less.

Actually there is the discount deal on tickets right now so those of us going mid Jan through I think sometime in May are paying less.

And only applicable for US/Canadian residents.
There was no discount for our 10 day tickets.

Anyone know if the scrim usually goes up immediately when the refurb is set to begin? It says the refurb is due to begin Jan. 17. We arrive Jan. 19. Just wondering if there is any chance the scrim won't be up yet?
I am wondering this also!

It Actually says the exterior refurb begins on January 7th "From January 17, 2019 through spring 2019, Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough will be closed for refurbishment. From January 7 through spring, the exterior of Sleeping Beauty Castle will also undergo refurbishment. Please check back for updates."

All this talk about scrim - did the permit indicate it was going up? Is it possible they won't have to do a full scrim?

It Actually says the exterior refurb begins on January 7th "From January 17, 2019 through spring 2019, Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough will be closed for refurbishment. From January 7 through spring, the exterior of Sleeping Beauty Castle will also undergo refurbishment. Please check back for updates."

All this talk about scrim - did the permit indicate it was going up? Is it possible they won't have to do a full scrim?
They are going to likely scrim it since this job will require scaffolding which they like to cover and not have exposed.

They will have Mickey Mix Magic starting on Jan 21 I believe. My guess is Disney thought WOC would also be ready by about that time to add on also. The rumblings we heard about WOC a couple weeks back is part of my reasoning. Something tells me they ran into a snag though. Hopefully WOC is back by the time Fantasmic goes away.

They will have Mickey Mix Magic starting on Jan 21 I believe. My guess is Disney thought WOC would also be ready by about that time to add on also. The rumblings we heard about WOC a couple weeks back is part of my reasoning. Something tells me they ran into a snag though. Hopefully WOC is back by the time Fantasmic goes away.
The media riser rumbling was not for woc it was rose bowl related.

I would suggest waiting for it to come up. Mickey's Magical Mix should be showing up for Jan 18th shortly.

Fantasmic! wouldn't be pushed back as it has to be up by Spring Break.

And only applicable for US/Canadian residents.
There was no discount for our 10 day tickets.
If you had paid the discounted price, it would have been $700 USD per tix. If you paid less than that, you got a better deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter