Castle Refurbishment January Thru Spring

I, too, wish they were able to post their planned refurbishments a little earlier in the game. It would be so nice to know now what's going to be down (probably) when we go at the end of April/beginning of May. We were some of the few that already had a trip planned then, because that's when it worked for our schedule this year (and we didn't want anywhere near SW:GE in the first year with 5 kids to wrangle) and were pleasantly surprised at the ticket offer. I was so glad we hadn't bought them super early! That being said, I am so grateful for this board, so I will have a pretty good idea of what to expect by the time we go, and how things are working, and what we need to avoid/watch for/make sure to do. And how to prepare my kids for how it will be. I will never forget the "Aw man..." feeling my family had when I was a kid and we showed up "super early" for an official 9 am opening at like 7:30 am, and proceeded to watch people go in ahead of us for almost an hour when they first started magic mornings. Back in those days, these boards weren't a thing (I don't think... the internet was barely a thing) and we considered ourselves Disneyland vets, but had never heard of this! I've worked really hard to try to avoid ever having that feeling again, but knowing what I'm walking into and how things work! But it's a lot of info to keep up with when you can only afford a family trip every 2-3 years. I try to give people who I know are going as much current info as I can!

We frequent WDW but this will be our first time to Disneyland. Our trip is schedules may 6th-11th staying at the Disneyland Hotel. So excited!! I am concerned about the castle re-firb, I have always wanted to see this castle. What is everyone's guesses on the castle being open by then?

I don't know if anyone will have guesses. They sure look like they're settling in for a nice long refurb... Our trip is planned for the last few days of April, and I've decided to be excited whether we get the castle in its pristine state, or the scrim, which actually sounds like it's going to be pretty cool, especially with Maleficent the dragon in the back. I can't wait to see pictures of that! And honestly, when I visited WDW, I preferred Disneyland in most ways, but I fell in love with the Cinderella castle. Ours is much, much smaller, but still lovely. I hope you get to see it!

I don't know if anyone will have guesses. They sure look like they're settling in for a nice long refurb... Our trip is planned for the last few days of April, and I've decided to be excited whether we get the castle in its pristine state, or the scrim, which actually sounds like it's going to be pretty cool, especially with Maleficent the dragon in the back. I can't wait to see pictures of that! And honestly, when I visited WDW, I preferred Disneyland in most ways, but I fell in love with the Cinderella castle. Ours is much, much smaller, but still lovely. I hope you get to see it!
I hope so, it does look so beautiful in pictures! I hope you have Have a great trip :)

We frequent WDW but this will be our first time to Disneyland. Our trip is schedules may 6th-11th staying at the Disneyland Hotel. So excited!! I am concerned about the castle re-firb, I have always wanted to see this castle. What is everyone's guesses on the castle being open by then?
Welcome to the boards! There hasn't been an official return date announced yet for SBC, but keep watching this forum. When the return date is announced, you'll see it here! By the way, if you haven't already read it, there is a lot of great information in this thread for your trip planning: A DLR Guide for WDW Vets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter