Cass, Rob & Kira - WDW April 2023 - "Can't you just find my him?"

I’m so genuinely worried about how I’ll react to guardians and Tron (I am not a huge fan of indoor coasters. Tron might be easier given it’s a mixed bag).

And nothing is as short as Flight of the hippogriff at universal. I hadn’t been on the one at UOR in ages and went on the one at USH last summer (knowing it was a copycat) and we were shocked at how short it was!

April 5th Part 1

Once we got into bed last night, I talked to Rob and Kira about changing our plans for today. I suggested that we sleep in a little, go for brunch, change our park reservation to Epcot, get a VQ & ILL for Guardians as well as an ILL for Tron at night.

They agreed. :p :thumbsup2

Thankfully it was no problem to change our park ressie and I was able to snag all of the above at 7am. I went back to sleep until about 9am and then got up and showered and everyone followed suit.

Rob always tried to park near a tree to try to keep the car cooler for us. So sweet! He's the most considerate person I know. :lovestruc

350.jpg

We all agreed on another run to Keke's. :thumbsup2

351.jpg

352.jpg

353.jpg

Thankfully it wasn't as busy. It was delicious, minus mine and Kira's ham steaks, which were really dry and tough. They were kind enough to make us another batch, which were so much better! 🤤

354.jpg

355.jpg

356.jpg

We were at Epcot by 2pm and we headed straight for GOTG. This time, now that we knew the route, we ended up taking a shortcut through the stinky cheese place, otherwise known as Connections Eatery. Kira said she held her breath the entire time. I figured a little stinky cheese with air conditioning is better than walking all the way around in the heat. :rotfl2:

357.jpg

This time we would ride in the first car but I went alone in the second row so that Rob could ride in the very front row. For us, that was the prime spot. ::yes::

358.jpg

I rode next to a lovely Englishman, sorry, didn't get his name or occupation but I did ask if this was his first time and it was. He agreed with me, best ride ever! :earboy2:

We ended up getting I Ran by A Flock of Seagulls and surprisingly it went REALLY well with the ride!

379.jpg

For our second round, I let Rob try the very back row with Kira.

360.jpg

I didn't ask where my seat buddy was from but it was his first ride and he was kind enough to offer to take a family photo of us while we waited in line. :thumbsup2

We lucked out and got another new song, Everybody Wants to Rule the World by Tears for Fears, which, surprisingly, we didn't think worked that great with the ride but was still fun!

380.jpg

361.jpg

We made a very quick pit stop to show Kira Club Cool. Not all of the flavours were available at the stations so we tried what was there, minus Beverly. I told Kira not to try it because I knew she wouldn't like it and she wouldn't have wanted to try it. :cool:

362.jpg

363.jpg

364.jpg

Rob and I had a conversation yesterday about dole whips. Sometimes I spit out random facts and yesterday I had mentioned that you can get dole whip in all of the parks except for Hollywood Studios. And now that I am remembering it, I realize I failed to mention that we did, indeed, get dole whips last night before riding Big Thunder! :rolleyes:

When I mentioned this fact, Rob said "You mean we could have gotten dole whips the other day?" :lmao:

So today, he made me promise to show him where the dole whips are and we may or may not have ordered three of them. :rolleyes1

365.jpg

366.jpg

My beautiful Winnie the Pooh fan with her Winnie. pooh:

367.jpg

Another busy day!

368.jpg

Taco barges still in place. Adios, tacos! :wave2::cool1:

369.jpg

I had gotten us a DAS for Remy when we arrived into the park. It was now time to ride it but it was down.

370.jpg

Since Rob and Kira had never ridden it before and we were already there, we decided to wait it out. It wasn't too long before it was back up!

371.jpg

372.jpg

They enjoyed it but agreed with me, it was really cute but it was a one and done.

373.jpg

374.jpg

Rob requested that we stop at Les Halles, so that's what we did. He got a chocolate croissant and a fruit parfait and Kira got a chocolate chip cookie.

375.jpg

376.jpg

I found Timon! :woohoo:

377.jpg

378.jpg

We headed out of the park now. I forgot to mention that we had stopped at the Photopass place just outside of Guardians today.

We were all wearing our Tron shirts today. Notice how different Rob and Kira's shirts look? They are the exact same shirt, Mine..errr Kira's has been hanging in a closet for 13 years and Rob's has been washed and worn many times since. :rolleyes:

They both still glow in the dark though. :teeth:

381.jpg

I didn't know Groot was in Epcot today!

382.jpg

383.jpg

Stay tuned for another another evening just like the evening before. :rolleyes1

A quick side note....I am headed back to Orlando tomorrow morning for a work thing so I won't be able to update this report for awhile, sorry, not sorry! 🙃

I made almost the exact same droid! just a different head! My biggest regret was not doing some photopass with my saber but it was getting late and we were tired.

One day I will fully explore Pandora

Cute! :flower1:

I totally get it, when we did Rob's lightsaber in 2020, we were the same, it was very late and we were tired and we ended up skipping it.

Catching back up! Can't believe how grown up Kira is now! I'm glad she loved GE and the Droid and lightsaber building! I'm so happy that Disney has the DAS for those guests that need it. Looks like a fantastic trip minus the heat so far.

Jill in CO

Thanks for all of those kind words. :hug:

I'm still here and have been reading....just have had a chance to reply.
Loving all the pics. I am sad we didn't see Kevin, but we weren't in AK very long.
The light saber pics are so awesome!
It cracks me up that Kira thought the animals would be animatronics. It's amazing all the things she doesn't remember, but I guess it has been a lot of years.
That heat was brutal and I totally can understand how you over did it without meaning too.

It's funny what goes through the minds of 11 year olds. :rotfl2:

I think I ended up overheating three times on the trip. I'm not going into details but it wasn't fun. But I managed to keep up with Rob and Kira and we didn't miss anything because of me so I'm happy with that! :thumbsup2

Maybe you never got her name because she's always been there.......spoooooky lol

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!! :hmghost:

I'm glad you enjoyed it (well until the yelling started!)

How do you think the seats compare to FoP? I know larger people, and people with large calves, have had issues there also.

The seats are more comfortable on FoP, personally. It might have to do with the way you get on it maybe? I don't know about the whole calves thing because mine fit on both of them. :confused3

I’m so genuinely worried about how I’ll react to guardians and Tron (I am not a huge fan of indoor coasters. Tron might be easier given it’s a mixed bag).

And nothing is as short as Flight of the hippogriff at universal. I hadn’t been on the one at UOR in ages and went on the one at USH last summer (knowing it was a copycat) and we were shocked at how short it was!

So once on the Tron ride vehicle, you then move slowly into the launch tunnel and then when it's done, you come to a stop in another launch tunnel. The tiny bit before and after that is just your ride vehicle pulling in and out of the track, which to me, doesn't count. So from launch tunnel to stop tunnel, it is LESS than 60 seconds, which is around the exact same length of Hippogriff! :crazy2:

It is SO short!!! It should have been double that, in my opinion. It feels like you only get to ride half the ride. Which is fine if it's Flight of the Hippogriff, with rarely a long wait time and is the filler ride in that area of the park but this is TRON, a brand new, super-hyped thrill ride, where the only two ways of riding it is either a VQ, which can be hours before you get called possibly, followed by a 1-2 hour wait in the actual line or paying $20 roughly, per person, to ride it and then waiting 15-25 minutes to ride it. We paid $17 each for each ILL on Guardians and I felt like I got my $17 worth. On Tron, it was $20 and I felt like it wasn't worth half that!

I would describe GOTG as a smoother, more fun Space Mountain. There was only one portion of the ride where I felt any kind of roller coaster type feeling and that's when you go around the moon, which to me, is the best part! You do go backwards at one point but the backwards part of Everest is way more intense than the one on Guardians.

Tron, on the other hand, has a rollercoaster feel to it, on terrible seats, but without any major drops or thrills that a coaster normally has. It is very smooth, with no sharp turns.

Obviously if you don't like indoor coasters, then both of these rides probably won't be your thing but definitely give them a chance. ::yes::

Cute! :flower1:

I totally get it, when we did Rob's lightsaber in 2020, we were the same, it was very late and we were tired and we ended up skipping it.

Thanks for all of those kind words. :hug:

It's funny what goes through the minds of 11 year olds. :rotfl2:

I think I ended up overheating three times on the trip. I'm not going into details but it wasn't fun. But I managed to keep up with Rob and Kira and we didn't miss anything because of me so I'm happy with that! :thumbsup2

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!! :hmghost:

The seats are more comfortable on FoP, personally. It might have to do with the way you get on it maybe? I don't know about the whole calves thing because mine fit on both of them. :confused3

So once on the Tron ride vehicle, you then move slowly into the launch tunnel and then when it's done, you come to a stop in another launch tunnel. The tiny bit before and after that is just your ride vehicle pulling in and out of the track, which to me, doesn't count. So from launch tunnel to stop tunnel, it is LESS than 60 seconds, which is around the exact same length of Hippogriff! :crazy2:

It is SO short!!! It should have been double that, in my opinion. It feels like you only get to ride half the ride. Which is fine if it's Flight of the Hippogriff, with rarely a long wait time and is the filler ride in that area of the park but this is TRON, a brand new, super-hyped thrill ride, where the only two ways of riding it is either a VQ, which can be hours before you get called possibly, followed by a 1-2 hour wait in the actual line or paying $20 roughly, per person, to ride it and then waiting 15-25 minutes to ride it. We paid $17 each for each ILL on Guardians and I felt like I got my $17 worth. On Tron, it was $20 and I felt like it wasn't worth half that!

I would describe GOTG as a smoother, more fun Space Mountain. There was only one portion of the ride where I felt any kind of roller coaster type feeling and that's when you go around the moon, which to me, is the best part! You do go backwards at one point but the backwards part of Everest is way more intense than the one on Guardians.

Tron, on the other hand, has a rollercoaster feel to it, on terrible seats, but without any major drops or thrills that a coaster normally has. It is very smooth, with no sharp turns.

Obviously if you don't like indoor coasters, then both of these rides probably won't be your thing but definitely give them a chance. ::yes::
The tired feeling is real😂

Hippogriff is only a minute what?!?!?!? And definitely agreed on your moneys worth in terms of Tron.

That’s what I’m hearing about guardians. And one of my least fave rides ever is space mountain😂I’m hoping the music will help (especially if it’s done to make the ride experience different like they do with guardians mission breakout in DCA!)

So, I was scrolling around on the DIS boards the other day and your family popped into my head, so I went looking to see if you'd written any new trippies since I last read one, and low and behold I found this one!! My husband and I took a quick trip the same week to celebrate his birthday! We were there Thursday, 4/6 through Sunday, 4/9. I agree with you on how insanely crowded (and HOT!) it was. We usually visit between Christmas and New Year's, so we're no stranger to crowds, but it felt worse than that even to us seasoned vets!!

Hope you have an amazing trip and get to play more than you have to work! LOL Looking forward to hearing more about this trip when you return :)

Beverly? ‘Splain please, or do I have to GTS? 🤣

Enjoying the trippie although I have no idea what all this Tron stuff is. 😳🤣

Beverly is a bitter tonic beverage that they have as one of the options at the Coke tasting area. Because it’s not sweet, it often surprises people when they first taste it because they expect a sweet soft drink. It’s actually not bad at all as long as what you’re in the mood for is something like a tonic.

Eeek, safe travels :)

Oh goodness, that does not sound like a pleasant experience after riding Tron for the first time :( I get that they needed to evacuate the ride (still weird but whatever) but yelling at guests - and several times in your case - is NOT the way to do it. That's not Disney magic :crazy2:

I'm glad the next day went well and sleeping in and having a nice brunch sounds like just the change of pace you guys needed to tackle the parks again that afternoon.

And one of my least fave rides ever is space mountain😂I’m hoping the music will help (especially if it’s done to make the ride experience different like they do with guardians mission breakout in DCA!)
Have you ever done Hyperspace Mountain? My fav version of the ride and totally makes it feel far more spectacular!

April 5th, Part 2

We actually stopped at the Photopass area just in front of Spaceship Earth as there was no line. I felt like since I paid $170 USD for MM, might as well use it when I'm not too hot or grumpy to use it. :rotfl2:

I actually loved some of the shots they took!

384.jpg

385.jpg

LOVED this one because it included the photo from just after the Millenium Celebration. Rob actually saw Spaceship Earth for the first time with the 2000 on top of it back in 1999 and we both really fell in love with it! The Epcot version wasn't as nice but we still liked it. ::yes::

386.jpg

These Magic shots were always so funny because I can barely hear what the photographer asked us to do and Rob never heard them, so he was always saying "What? What are we doing?" :laughing:

387.jpg

388.jpg

Back to the car we went, where we loaded up on icy cold drinks and then off to Magic Kingdom. As you could probably tell from our shirts, were planning on riding Tron again tonight. I was able to grab an ILL for $20 each for Tron at 8pm again.

Once we got into the park, I grabbed us a DAS for Mine Train as it was posting a very long wait.

Rob and Kira were hungry so we headed back to Columbia Harbor House for Kira's chicken strips and Rob's salmon. I was hungry but it was just too hot and humid for me to eat. I was not feeling the greatest on this day. I'm not sure if I was just overheating or what but let me just say that I am so glad I know where all of the bathrooms are. :rolleyes: :scared:

389.jpg

We perused Memento Mori after dinner. I hope that freaky eye sees good things for us in the future. :rolleyes1

390.jpg

It was almost time now for our ILL so we headed over to Tomorrowland. We had stopped to take a selfie of the gorgeous sunset when we had the funniest guest/photo interaction ever. We were taking some selfies when this very tall, very nice, slightly aggressive man was walking by us and came up to Rob and just grabbed his phone and took two family photos and then left. :lmao:

It wasn't a bad experience, it was just different and a little weird. I can't remember if he actually said anything, if he did, it was very short and to the point but it was a friendly vibe. So thanks, friendly, weird, photo dude! :goodvibes

And as you can see, it was quite windy. Most of the week was quite windy but it was a very warm windy. Not a nice cool refreshing windy.
391.jpg

Rob wanted to go back into the Tron store, apparently he hadn't bought enough Tron merch, he needed more. :rolleyes2

I forgot to mention it in the last chapter but the Tron store (the old and now current Space Mountain exit building) was open by the time we went for our ILL the night before. It wasn't supposed to be open on the 4th but I guess they opened it sometime that afternoon, so we had to go back tonight just in case he had missed something. :p

392.jpg

Then it was time to ride! We went as soon as our ILL time came up so that we lessened our chances of riding during the fireworks. :rolleyes1

393.jpg

Time to enter the grid!

394.jpg

The VQ line was crazy long!

395.jpg

The ILL was about 20 minutes I would say.

396.jpg

This time I wanted to try the accessible seat in the back row. It's not available on all trains but you can tell the CM you want it and they will direct you to wait against that back wall for it.

397.jpg

It was maybe an extra 10 minutes to get it and Rob and Kira were able to ride in the bike seats in the row in front of me on the same train. :thumbsup2

398.jpg

399.jpg

400.jpg

The seat was SOOOOOO much better than the bike for me. It was so comfortable and so smooth, I am so glad I tried it out. I will say that I rode Tron again last week and did the bikes and because I was more prepared and made sure I was very comfortable before pulling down the handle cars, it was a much better experience this time.

So, my tip for you is to take your time, get super comfy, wiggle around a little to make sure it feels good and then pull down the bars. :thumbsup2

It's so pretty at night, we lingered a bit and took some photos and videos.

401.jpg

402.jpg

For this ride, Rob and Kira got two choices of ride photos for their left passenger pics, which I thought was very cool! :moped:

410.jpg

411.jpg

412.jpg

I had to email PP to get all three of my ride pics and I got them just before I left for my second trip!

413.jpg

I can only have 35 images in one post so I will have to continue this tomorrow in the next chapter.

Stay tuned for some cool Photopass Tron pics. :smooth:

I was so glad to see this new TR the other day. I have been off the Dis for a while because I had computer issues but I am back on. I don't have a trip planned just yet but I definitely want to go back next year. We went to DL last year and Paris in 2019 but haven't been to WDW since 2014 so I'm well overdue, LOL. (We are doing a Med cruise in October so I at least do have a vacation to look forward to. )

Very much enjoying this TR. I was very interested to see/hear about your experience on Tron. I really loved the idea of it way back when it opened in Shanghai. I just looked so cool and fun. I was really excited to see it was coming to Florida.

April 5th, Part 3

We ended up watching the fireworks near the Tron sign and it turned out great for photos and videos! And no evacuation tonight! :rolleyes:

404.jpg

405.jpg

406.jpg

407.jpg

There was no line for the Photopass pics here, usually it's quite long, so after snapping my pic, we got a family one.

403.jpg

408.jpg

We were in no hurry, our 7DMT DAS still wasn't up so Rob and Kira got some other pics done with the disc. We had to wait in between Rob and Kira's photos because the battery on the disc stopped working and the PP guy had to wait for someone to give him new batteries. :p

414.jpg

415.jpg

416.jpg

417.jpg

418.jpg

Then we took the new path over to Fantasyland, it looks great!

419.jpg

We had our turn on Mine Train and then we were done for the night. :faint:

419a.jpg

We slowly headed out of the park. I had been thinking of getting something to eat, just a light snack somewhere, since I hadn't eaten since our brunch at Keke's but I still wasn't feeling great so I ended up skipping dinner for the second night in a row.

420.jpg

421.jpg

422.jpg

Before we left, I asked Rob and Kira to wait for me outside of Guest Services for a minute while I ran in. I came back out with a birthday button for Kira's friend Brae, as it was his birthday today. We took a few minutes to take some pictures that she sent to him. Luckily he was currently 3 hours behind us, so it wasn't too late. :goodvibes

I love how Rob always captures the behind the scenes of what I do the whole trip. :lmao:

423.jpg

424.jpg

425.jpg

She was very thankful that I did this for him on her behalf. I don't think she knew about the birthday buttons so I am glad I thought of it. I would do anything for that kid, he's been really awesome to Kira at school. She's had a tough transition to High School and with her anxiety and depression, and the last year and a half has been a major struggle for her but he's always been so kind and so sweet to my girl. :lovestruc

426.jpg

I thought we were going to beat the crowds by leaving early, no such luck!

427.jpg

The moon had this weird light ring around it tonight.

428.jpg

Back to the resort by 11:30pm and bed shortly after that.
429.jpg

Stay tuned for tomorrow as our party of 3 becomes a party of 5. :grouphug:

So you liked the back car for Tron?? There is no way my knees will allow me to ride the bike (and my calf size is GINORMOUS!!!) so it's the back car for me. I'm hoping it's equally as cool and fun.

Those firework pics are epic!!! :love:

Such a thoughtful idea for the birthday button, he sounds like a wonderful friend to Kira :hug:

The tired feeling is real😂

Hippogriff is only a minute what?!?!?!? And definitely agreed on your moneys worth in terms of Tron.

That’s what I’m hearing about guardians. And one of my least fave rides ever is space mountain😂I’m hoping the music will help (especially if it’s done to make the ride experience different like they do with guardians mission breakout in DCA!)

The music definitely adds to the fun! :music:

So, I was scrolling around on the DIS boards the other day and your family popped into my head, so I went looking to see if you'd written any new trippies since I last read one, and low and behold I found this one!! My husband and I took a quick trip the same week to celebrate his birthday! We were there Thursday, 4/6 through Sunday, 4/9. I agree with you on how insanely crowded (and HOT!) it was. We usually visit between Christmas and New Year's, so we're no stranger to crowds, but it felt worse than that even to us seasoned vets!!

Hope you have an amazing trip and get to play more than you have to work! LOL Looking forward to hearing more about this trip when you return :)

Awww, how sweet of you that you were thinking about us! I'm happy to provide you with another trippie to read. :p

That was a brutal week, right? Both crowds AND weather?! :crazy:

I had a great time on my second trip, so much more relaxing than this first one! :rolleyes:::yes::

Stay away from the Beverly! :lmao:

You gotta watch Tron Legacy to really understand it all and I know you won't so just enjoy the pics. :lmao:

Beverly is a bitter tonic beverage that they have as one of the options at the Coke tasting area. Because it’s not sweet, it often surprises people when they first taste it because they expect a sweet soft drink. It’s actually not bad at all as long as what you’re in the mood for is something like a tonic.

Me no likey tonic. :crazy2::laughing:

Safe Travels!

Thanks! You too! :goodvibes

Eeek, safe travels :)

Oh goodness, that does not sound like a pleasant experience after riding Tron for the first time :( I get that they needed to evacuate the ride (still weird but whatever) but yelling at guests - and several times in your case - is NOT the way to do it. That's not Disney magic :crazy2:

I'm glad the next day went well and sleeping in and having a nice brunch sounds like just the change of pace you guys needed to tackle the parks again that afternoon.

It was definitely an odd choice for Disney. :rolleyes2

It was just what we needed! ::yes::
No i have not. They started Hyperspace after I realized how much I hate space mountain lol

It really is a great version of the ride! So well done! :thumbsup2

I was so glad to see this new TR the other day. I have been off the Dis for a while because I had computer issues but I am back on. I don't have a trip planned just yet but I definitely want to go back next year. We went to DL last year and Paris in 2019 but haven't been to WDW since 2014 so I'm well overdue, LOL. (We are doing a Med cruise in October so I at least do have a vacation to look forward to. )

Very much enjoying this TR. I was very interested to see/hear about your experience on Tron. I really loved the idea of it way back when it opened in Shanghai. I just looked so cool and fun. I was really excited to see it was coming to Florida.

So glad you made your way back! :cool1:

Oooh Med cruise sounds lovely!!! :thumbsup2

We don't have anything official planned yet but this October is our 25th wedding anniversary so I want to do something! :rolleyes:

Tron really is amazing! Just...short. :moped::rolleyes1
That is a great spot for fireworks!

It really was! No crowds, great views, but no music either, so if you like singing along to HEA, then this is not the right spot for you. We loved it because Kira and I don't do crowds. :crowded::crazy2:

So you liked the back car for Tron?? There is no way my knees will allow me to ride the bike (and my calf size is GINORMOUS!!!) so it's the back car for me. I'm hoping it's equally as cool and fun.

Yes, it was lovely! So comfortable! And you see more of the screens on the ride! Definitely do the back seat! :thumbsup2

Those firework pics are epic!!! :love:

Such a thoughtful idea for the birthday button, he sounds like a wonderful friend to Kira :hug:

I was taking video, so I can't take credit for those shots, that was all Rob and Kira. They turned out great, I thought! :goodvibes

Yeah, I hope they are friends for a long time, he's a gem! :flower:

April 6th, Part 1

Another stupid hot day! 🔥☀️

430.jpg

Here's a pretty view from just outside of our second floor room, towards the parking lot.

431.jpg

Our friends J & C were joining us for the next two days. :woohoo: They planned their trip with a little overlap with ours so we would get to spend a little time together. It's not much but I will take it! :hug:

They met us at our room and then we headed off to MK. It was kind of hilarious watching them and Kira squeeze together in the back seat but hey, it beats taking the Disney buses. :earboy2:

We parked quite close and just walked over to the TTC. We took the ferry because J said she had never taken it! I have no idea how she has managed to not take the ferry for so long! Gosh, some of my favourite childhood memories (and adult ones too!) are taking the ferry over, so much anticipation and beautiful scenery! Recently, we usually take the monorail there and the ferry back but it was very busy at the monorail station and once we heard that this would be J's first time, well, we just had to, right? ::yes::

Our girls and their ears! :earsgirl: :earsgirl:

432.jpg

Usually Rob is trailing us but somehow he got ahead of us and took a photo of us struggling to get into the park. Show off! :laughing:

433.jpg

It was a very early start this morning and I didn't get a chance to get Rob some fruit in our room so by the time we got to the park, he was quite hungry. J & C were hungry too so we split up and each found some sustenance.

434.jpg

Rob can only handle so much sugar so I suggested we get the fruit waffle for him but request no nutella. This turned out to be a great option for him. He was now caffeinated and fed, so we met up with J & C again.

435.jpg

Out first stop was Haunted Mansion. :hmghost:

436.jpg

We ended up getting stopped here for a bit so I took some pics.

437.jpg

438.jpg

The ride photos come in both colour and black and white, which is pretty neat. Also, if you have a MB+ on this ride, it glows red and the light on it is kind of shaped like a bat. I didn't realize that until my solo trip when I bought and wore a plain black MB+.

A quick side note about the MB+ now that I have some experience wearing one. I don't like them. At all! They are heavy and bulky and they came off constantly, even though I had bought little silicone belt things to put on them so we wouldn't lose them! Thank goodness we had those because Rob's MB came off numerous times a day (as did mine on my second trip!) and if we hadn't had those on, we would have lost the bands altogether!

This is what I bought and highly recommend if you are going to be wearing the MB+:

https://www.amazon.ca/Replacement-S...prefix=silicone+belt+for+watch,aps,139&sr=8-5

The lights were cool but it's not really worth it to me. I much prefer the regular MB's!

439.jpg

440.jpg

Next up was Space Mountain!

441.jpg

442.jpg

J said do NOT wear your bag like this! It kept hitting her in the face! :lmao:

444.jpg

445.jpg

Quick pit stop before heading over to Big Thunder.

443.jpg

I definitely think that they need to add a ride photo to this ride, there's lots of good places they can hide the camera. ::yes::

446.jpg

Next up was Pirates!

447.jpg

448.jpg

They have the worst ride photo placement here! This is where the camera is, just above his eyebrows. ;)

449.jpg

450.jpg

451.jpg

452.jpg

453.jpg

454.jpg

Here is our fabulous ride photo where none of us remembered where the camera was. :lmao:

455.jpg

Here's a much better one from my second trip. :earboy2:pirate: Arrrgh Mateys! :lmao:

mwtpirate.JPG

I think it was now time for J & C's ILL for Tron. It would be their first time riding it. I had gotten us all a VQ for it at 7am but our boarding group had not been called yet. I was hoping to ride it with them for their first time but the boarding group wasn't called until after their ILL time. They went to ride and we went to eat some lunch at our usual hangout. :teeth:

457.jpg

And finally, I got my Spring Rolls! :cool1:

I brought them with me to CHH to eat with Rob and Kira in the A/C.

Delish!😋

458.jpg

Kira capturing some wildlife.

459.jpg

It was now time for our Tron boarding group! We met up with J & C who had just ridden it. They had the same opinion, great ride, just way too short!

The ride went down just before our number was called so we waited it out but it wasn't long before it was back on the grid. :smooth:

461.jpg

462.jpg

463.jpg

464.jpg

J and I rode the seat in the back while everyone else were in bikes ahead of us.

465.jpg

So much fun!!

Stay tuned for the dumbest merchandise that Disney has ever sold and my Donald Trump sighting. :rolleyes1

April 6th, Part 1

Another stupid hot day! 🔥☀️

430.jpg

Here's a pretty view from just outside of our second floor room, towards the parking lot.

431.jpg

Our friends J & C were joining us for the next two days. :woohoo: They planned their trip with a little overlap with ours so we would get to spend a little time together. It's not much but I will take it! :hug:

They met us at our room and then we headed off to MK. It was kind of hilarious watching them and Kira squeeze together in the back seat but hey, it beats taking the Disney buses. :earboy2:

We parked quite close and just walked over to the TTC. We took the ferry because J said she had never taken it! I have no idea how she has managed to not take the ferry for so long! Gosh, some of my favourite childhood memories (and adult ones too!) are taking the ferry over, so much anticipation and beautiful scenery! Recently, we usually take the monorail there and the ferry back but it was very busy at the monorail station and once we heard that this would be J's first time, well, we just had to, right? ::yes::

Our girls and their ears! :earsgirl: :earsgirl:

432.jpg

Usually Rob is trailing us but somehow he got ahead of us and took a photo of us struggling to get into the park. Show off! :laughing:

433.jpg

It was a very early start this morning and I didn't get a chance to get Rob some fruit in our room so by the time we got to the park, he was quite hungry. J & C were hungry too so we split up and each found some sustenance.

434.jpg

Rob can only handle so much sugar so I suggested we get the fruit waffle for him but request no nutella. This turned out to be a great option for him. He was now caffeinated and fed, so we met up with J & C again.

435.jpg

Out first stop was Haunted Mansion. :hmghost:

436.jpg

We ended up getting stopped here for a bit so I took some pics.

437.jpg

438.jpg

The ride photos come in both colour and black and white, which is pretty neat. Also, if you have a MB+ on this ride, it glows red and the light on it is kind of shaped like a bat. I didn't realize that until my solo trip when I bought and wore a plain black MB+.

A quick side note about the MB+ now that I have some experience wearing one. I don't like them. At all! They are heavy and bulky and they came off constantly, even though I had bought little silicone belt things to put on them so we wouldn't lose them! Thank goodness we had those because Rob's MB came off numerous times a day (as did mine on my second trip!) and if we hadn't had those on, we would have lost the bands altogether!

This is what I bought and highly recommend if you are going to be wearing the MB+:

https://www.amazon.ca/Replacement-Silicone-Wristwatch-Accessory-Optional/dp/B093T51RFJ/ref=sr_1_5?crid=TYIJX6K16VBO&keywords=silicone+belt+for+watch&qid=1683644259&sprefix=silicone+belt+for+watch,aps,139&sr=8-5

The lights were cool but it's not really worth it to me. I much prefer the regular MB's!

439.jpg

440.jpg

Next up was Space Mountain!

441.jpg

442.jpg

J said do NOT wear your bag like this! It kept hitting her in the face! :lmao:

444.jpg

445.jpg

Quick pit stop before heading over to Big Thunder.

443.jpg

I definitely think that they need to add a ride photo to this ride, there's lots of good places they can hide the camera. ::yes::

446.jpg

Next up was Pirates!

447.jpg

448.jpg

They have the worst ride photo placement here! This is where the camera is, just above his eyebrows. ;)

449.jpg

450.jpg

451.jpg

452.jpg

453.jpg

454.jpg

Here is our fabulous ride photo where none of us remembered where the camera was. :lmao:

455.jpg

Here's a much better one from my second trip. :earboy2:pirate: Arrrgh Mateys! :lmao:

mwtpirate.JPG

I think it was now time for J & C's ILL for Tron. It would be their first time riding it. I had gotten us all a VQ for it at 7am but our boarding group had not been called yet. I was hoping to ride it with them for their first time but the boarding group wasn't called until after their ILL time. They went to ride and we went to eat some lunch at our usual hangout. :teeth:

457.jpg

And finally, I got my Spring Rolls! :cool1:

I brought them with me to CHH to eat with Rob and Kira in the A/C.

Delish!😋

458.jpg

Kira capturing some wildlife.

459.jpg

It was now time for our Tron boarding group! We met up with J & C who had just ridden it. They had the same opinion, great ride, just way too short!

The ride went down just before our number was called so we waited it out but it wasn't long before it was back on the grid. :smooth:

461.jpg

462.jpg

463.jpg

464.jpg

J and I rode the seat in the back while everyone else were in bikes ahead of us.

465.jpg

So much fun!!

Stay tuned for the dumbest merchandise that Disney has ever sold and my Donald Trump sighting. :rolleyes1
For a second I thought I was going to have to be all “wait CHH has spring rolls say what?” And then I realized what you did😂

Stupid hot is something my dad would say lol

I do do not want to deal with magic band plus but I feel that’s what’s happening. Still waiting to hear if my upcoming sailing will include magic bands or not

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter