Cass, Rob & Kira - WDW April 2023 - "Can't you just find my him?"

Rob and I were glad to see that they brought back this cute little easter egg, They did it back in the day but stopped doing it for some reason. It's hard to see but notice the missing letters? Well, if you check out the bottom of the board, where the letters have fallen, they spell something out.

It used to say different things on each trip that we took, this time it said "Take the stairs". :rotfl2:
These little things are what make repeat visits so fun, and I had never seen this before. Definitely looking for it on the next trip!

April 8th, Part 1

This is my last chapter for this trip! Boy, did this ever go by fast! :sad:

One last pic of our little squirrel friend that was always near our stairs.

557.jpg

Rob loaded us up and we headed out by 11am.

558.jpg

The master packer got it all to fit perfectly! :worship:

559.jpg

We headed to Keke's in Hunter's Creek for one last breakfast. It was huge and super quiet that morning, we didn't have to wait more than 5-10 minutes for a table. :thumbsup2

560.jpg

No one was even inside waiting! Normally it's a zoo, inside and out!

561.jpg

562.jpg

We all got our usual, of course!

563.jpg

564.jpg

565.jpg

566.jpg

We stopped to gas up and then headed for the airport. We returned our car to Alamo and then walked over to the terminal.

By the way, whoever designed the roads into MCO ought to be shot! The way we come in, from the South, you basically have three seconds, with tons of traffic, to get from the lanes leading from the south, into MCO to Terminal B and then you have to be in the right lane (second far left) to make that crazy immediate left turn into the car rental lane. If you've ever dropped off a rental car at MCO, you know exactly what I mean! :crazy2:

Since we now travel with those two extra carry-ons, we always have room to spare. They even took our two small carry-ons for free since our flights were full and they almost always ask people to gate check any luggage they don't need on the plane. Since I always just fill them with dirty laundry, I was happy to part with them, less stuff to haul through two airports. :woohoo:

567.jpg

Next, we went through TSA-Pre-check, which is always super easy in the USA. While Rob packed up his stuff, I cooled down in front of those amazing MCO fans. :rotfl2:

568.jpg

Our last monorail ride of the trip. :sad1:

569.jpg

We parked ourselves at our gate and then I went to grab some waters for us.

570.jpg

571.jpg

We were a little delayed but we had three hours to kill in Toronto so it didn't affect us much.

572.jpg

Finally time to board!

573.jpg

Flight # 1 selfie!

574.jpg

Bye Orlando! :wave2:

575.jpg

Hello, Toronto! :cool:

576.jpg

We sailed through Customs & Immigration. They have very cool Nexus machines in Toronto, they automatically adjust their size according to your height, instead of the other way around. It was kind of funny actually, I wish I could have recorded it!:rotfl2:

We ended up getting delayed two more times so we ended up being in the Toronto airport for a very long time. Again. :faint:

Flight #2 selfie!

577.jpg

We still had another four-hour flight to go and we were all pretty exhausted already. I know I had a nap or two, as did Kira but I think Rob stayed awake the whole flight.

578.jpg

579.jpg

We were supposed to land around 8pm Calgary time but with all of the delays, we landed just after 10pm. We waited for luggage, then grabbed our car and then headed home to drop off luggage. Rob and Kira went to get our puppies while I got us all unpacked. It was just before 1am (3am Florida time!) when our whole family was reunited. paw::dog:

580.jpg

My brother said they did pretty good. Luna warmed up to Piper eventually and they played together a lot but Boo is a little grouchy and set in her ways. :rolleyes1

Luna may or may not have eaten one of his couch pillows though. :rolleyes: :rotfl2:

585.jpg

Well, that's it for this trip! Thanks so much for joining us on this fun adventure. Thanks to both of my brothers for helping to make this trip possible. :flower:

A special thanks to all of you who commented, it lets me know people are actually reading and enjoying all of the work that I put into these suckers. :grouphug:

We don't have any firm plans for our next adventure but I'm sure something will come up. :tiptoe:

Rob and I will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary this October, so we will definitely be doing something for that, we just don't know what yet. :scratchin

Soon I will be working on our vacation videos! I will post a link to those when they are done. :hyper:

Thanks so much for joining us!

:thanks:

Until next time! Adios Amoebas! :wave2:

Thanks for writing! You sure packed a lot into the trip! My feet are aching just reading about it! :)

Our last trip was in December and we all loved the weather (we normally go over spring break or in the summer). It was strange being at WDW and not sweating to death!

I also really liked your Tron reviews and photos - very helpful to hear your review of the regular and bench seats.

It was also nice to see the little cameo of J&C … I used to enjoy J’s reports. :)

Thanks again for sharing!

so now the songs are all kind of mixed up in my head and I don't remember what song we got but I know that it wasn't September because that was the ONE song that I had really wanted and we hadn't gotten it yet. :rolleyes:
We got I Ran that first time you rode with us. It was the first time you had that song too

Enjoyed reading your TR! It looked like a fabulous trip. I don't comment much but I do appreciate all the time it takes to write one. Thanks for sharing!

Great trip! Yay for September! It is the best song on that ride! Thanks for letting us tag along with you a couple of the days!

SO much fun reading along!! :) Thanks for sharing your adventure!! Looking forward to what you decide to plan for the big 25th.

Lurker here! Just wanted to pop in and say I love each and every trip report you write (parks and cruise) and I appreciate all the time and energy you put it to them 🥰

Looks like you had a fun last park day. I LOVE the Muppets, glad that Kira loved them too.

Oh, the fun of airline delays. Our trip home from DL last year we had a delay that caused us to miss our connection so they booked us on a new flight home. Our original flight was I think 1:30pm...our new flight was 11pm! All those hours at LAX was not fun. Kind of nervous to be flying to/from Rome in the fall, home there are no crazy delays.

Enjoyed your report very much! Our last trip was in 2021 and not sure when we will be back again🙁

As always, I loved every written word of your trip report and the pictures are always so much fun to look at, too. Sounds like you had a fabulous family vacation! We leave next week for a Disney cruise and then some park time and your report made me twice as excited now! The Guardians ride has become our favorite ride as well and I cannot wait to be back on it again. And to try Tron this time! Thank you for taking the time to do another trip report as I never miss your reports!

Long travel day but look at those precious pups waiting for you :love: :grouphug:

Yup, such a great reason to go home! :love:
Loved your report thank you for sharing with us!!

Thanks so much! :flower:

Thanks for writing! You sure packed a lot into the trip! My feet are aching just reading about it! :)

Our last trip was in December and we all loved the weather (we normally go over spring break or in the summer). It was strange being at WDW and not sweating to death!

I also really liked your Tron reviews and photos - very helpful to hear your review of the regular and bench seats.

It was also nice to see the little cameo of J&C … I used to enjoy J’s reports. :)

Thanks again for sharing!

We packed in as much as we possibly could handle. :p

I LOVE going to WDW in December-February, such amazing weather! :worship:

Thanks for the kind comments and being here. :goodvibes

We got I Ran that first time you rode with us. It was the first time you had that song too
Glad you remembered. :p

Thank you for an awesome report!

Thanks for reading and commenting! :hug:
Enjoyed reading your TR! It looked like a fabulous trip. I don't comment much but I do appreciate all the time it takes to write one. Thanks for sharing!

Well, thanks for taking the time to comment, it is really appreciated! :goodvibes

We were heading to Rise for our ILL. ...that I stupidly bought!

Ahhhh! Thought it was your B & C day! Why didn't we meet up at DHS then? :rotfl2:

Great trip! Yay for September! It is the best song on that ride! Thanks for letting us tag along with you a couple of the days!

I agree, best song, although still haven't gotten Disco Inferno! Thanks for joining us, it was wayyyy too short though! Crossing fingers for Christmas. :thumbsup2

SO much fun reading along!! :) Thanks for sharing your adventure!! Looking forward to what you decide to plan for the big 25th.

Thanks so much for tagging along! :goodvibes

I have a back up plan if other things don't work out. The back-up plan is Disneyland, so not bad for Plan B. :rolleyes: We spent part of our honeymoon there, so it's perfect!

Lurker here! Just wanted to pop in and say I love each and every trip report you write (parks and cruise) and I appreciate all the time and energy you put it to them 🥰
Hi lurker! :wave2:

Thanks so much for the very kind words! :goodvibes

Looks like you had a fun last park day. I LOVE the Muppets, glad that Kira loved them too.

Oh, the fun of airline delays. Our trip home from DL last year we had a delay that caused us to miss our connection so they booked us on a new flight home. Our original flight was I think 1:30pm...our new flight was 11pm! All those hours at LAX was not fun. Kind of nervous to be flying to/from Rome in the fall, home there are no crazy delays.

Oh Lordy! That is one looooooong day with those kinds of delays! :faint: Guess I should be thankful we only were delayed about 2 hrs each way! ::yes::

Enjoyed your report very much! Our last trip was in 2021 and not sure when we will be back again🙁

I hope you get to get back soon! :flower:

As always, I loved every written word of your trip report and the pictures are always so much fun to look at, too. Sounds like you had a fabulous family vacation! We leave next week for a Disney cruise and then some park time and your report made me twice as excited now! The Guardians ride has become our favorite ride as well and I cannot wait to be back on it again. And to try Tron this time! Thank you for taking the time to do another trip report as I never miss your reports!

And as always, so very sweet! :flower3:

Have a great cruise!!! :sail:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter