Carrying water bottles in parks -how?

We are huge water drinkers. For the past year, getting the cups of water has been a little more challenging with limited restaurants open, and some/most quick service places needing an "order ready" screen to let you into the restaurant. From our recent Spring Break trip, they are also not allowing any drink without a sealed lid to be carried in line for rides. Epcot and Magic are really limited.

We always keep a stainless steel water bottle in our park bag - it works great for water or coffee. We also mobile order groceries from Amazon Now, and typically get a couple 24 packs of water for the week. We get on the bus/Skyliner each carrying a bottle of water to start the day. Hope that helps!

Do you have to mobile order if you just want free cups of ice water? Or how is that working currently?

We did this on our last trip, but we also had a stroller. I used a soft-sided cooler (a lunchbox size) and put 6- 20 oz. water bottles inside. I filled two qt. size ziplock freezer bags with ice and put on the top and bottom of the cooler. (I also filled my reusable tumbler with ice water prior to leaving for the parks.)

Whenever QS water was convenient (snack or lunch stop), we topped off my reusable tumbler. When it wasn't, we used the water bottles we brought in. By late afternoon, the ziplock bags of ice had melted but were still cold. We poured those into the reusable tumbler and drank that too.

Next time, we will not have a stroller. We have only taken one backpack in the past, but I can't imagine packing 6-8 20 oz. bottles of water in one backpack, even if we keep switching it off. I think we might try with 2 backpacks, but I still haven't decided. I'm also entertaining the idea of getting camelbacks (or something similar).

Wow did we miss "the pack mule" that was our stroller - we took it as long as we could. When our youngest was way to old for a stroller, we bought filtering water bottles so we could fill up wherever and still like the taste. Ours were Bobbles and could be frozen up to, but not at the filter. Everyone had their own color. Ice didn't last all day the few times we went in the summer, but not having to carry around ice and extra plus the ease of refilling anywhere was worth it to us.

I just carry my water bottle in my backpack. However, my son usually doesn't use a backpack in the parks, so he uses this a Yeti bottle sling to carry his water bottle over his shoulder.

Did you use the SM bottles with the straw lid or the screw on cap? I want to take one with the straw lid, but I was worried about it leaking in my bag. Thanks!
Straw lid. As long as I made sure it was folded down, I had no problems with leaks. I tested it prior to the trip to make sure.

I use a Hydroflask. Pre-pandemic, I would fill it with ice and water at the resort food court before heading out to the parks. By lunch, I would still have ice. I top it off throughout the day with ice water from the QS restaurants. I keep this in my backpack.

Last summer, I packed a foldable, reusable straw in my park bag. I could drink water without fully removing my mask since I was able to fit the straw under my mask. I kept this to a minimum, but it was very helpful in long lines. I would hold the base of the mask around the straw so there wasn't a large gap between the mask and my face, because I was trying to follow the mask rules for safety but also stay hydrated in August.

I'd love to go to the parks without a bag, but summer seems to need a lot of gear for hydration, sun care, and pop-up storms.

We fill up our mugs before leaving the resort with Powerade and ice. It still tastes good as tge ice melts and then we refill at lunch. If you’re staying off property, I would use a Yeti or similar to keep water cold.

I usually wear a fanny pack but would love to bring a bottle of frozen water with me that I wouldn't have to hold in my hand. I looked online and seen a number of slings with shoulder straps but I have a feeling that would end up hurting my shoulder. Is there any type of water carrier/sling that can attach to my fanny pack?Thanks

We have the following that we attach to reusable insulated steel bottles. We use the screw caps now, instead of sport tops, to cut down on cooties gathered in the park and to prevent leaking in the tiny, free lockers at Universal attractions. The lasos can also attach to plastic disposable bottles. We stop and pick up a large water or two, gallons, when leaving the airport, or buy the biggest bottles we can at the resort shop. We don't care if it's cold, but you can fill up the bottle at night and stick it in the fridge for morning.

https://www.giacona.com/lasos-lanyards

We just have insulated water bottle holders that clip on to our park bags. My youngest on previous trips would just drink out of someone else's bottle, but this trip she will get her own park bag/water bottle. We also carry power Aid powder packets to dump in our water to help with hydration.

I use a Hydro flask and hook it to my belt with a caliper to keep my hands free.

I carry a backpack. We put two or three Dasani waters in a Ziploc bag. We get water with our counter service meals. Sometimes we would use a snack credit for a water or just pay for it outright. That Disney water is nasty...

We are a large family (7). We use one of those shoe holders with the pockets that you hang on the door, and we hook it on our stroller. Then each person has their own water bottle that we refill as needed and we carry them around in the pockets of the shoe holder thing. I dont know what going to do when we’re totally done with strollers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter