Carrying water bottles in parks -how?

I normally go bagless so I carry a water bottle in my hand and just fill it up with the free water from QS. I'm going in a couple of days and got a runners fanny pack that has a bottle pouch on it I will probably be using. I'll still just use a plastic bottle and refill it from the free water. I stay at the Dolphin and you get two free bottles of water a day so I try to use those instead of carrying around a heavier bottle. amazon.com/gp/product/B073M1CL48/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
it looks really comfortable, thanks for the advice! I was thinking about regular belt bags but didn't find anything suitable, I think this option is perfect!
thanks for sharing!

We bring disposable waterbottles and refill them.
We also bring one of those pull sting backpacks the kind you get free everywhere. Sometimes I throw the waterbottles away and get new ones just depends on the day... we also throw in a few PB crackers etc.

This thread has made me think of a few questions about getting water in cups from QS locations.

I saw it mentioned upthread that prefilled cups are set out at some locations so you don't have to go all the way in. Is that also true during non-pandemic times or just right now? When things are running normally, do you have to wait in a regular line to ask for it?

Many of you have mentioned that the QS water cups are small. Do you happen to know the ounceage? Like 8 oz? Or even smaller? I know it's kind of a nerdy question, but it would help me (and probably others!) know how many to ask for at once, especially those of us who might use it to fill water bottles.

Finally, is it possible to get the water at room temperature? Even if they have the prefilled-cup thing going on? I'm the oddball who doesn't like water to be too cold. It makes me sip way more slowly, which is especially time-wasting if I can't walk anywhere or stand in a line while I'm doing it.

Thanks!

This thread has made me think of a few questions about getting water in cups from QS locations.

I saw it mentioned upthread that prefilled cups are set out at some locations so you don't have to go all the way in. Is that also true during non-pandemic times or just right now? When things are running normally, do you have to wait in a regular line to ask for it?

Many of you have mentioned that the QS water cups are small. Do you happen to know the ounceage? Like 8 oz? Or even smaller? I know it's kind of a nerdy question, but it would help me (and probably others!) know how many to ask for at once, especially those of us who might use it to fill water bottles.

Finally, is it possible to get the water at room temperature? Even if they have the prefilled-cup thing going on? I'm the oddball who doesn't like water to be too cold. It makes me sip way more slowly, which is especially time-wasting if I can't walk anywhere or stand in a line while I'm doing it.

Thanks!

1) In normal times, if I recall correctly it was not always there--I suspect cups were set out on trays on warmer days but not cooler ones, or maybe it just is just case by case by restaurant. But regardless, even when you had to ask for it, you did not have to wait in the checkout line because you aren't buying anything--you went to the area where you pick up the food and asked for it from the attendant there.

2) About 8oz seems right. I use two cups to fill a medium size water bottle.
3) Use a non-insulated bottle. After 20 mins in florida weather, it'll be warm! :beach:

We just got back , we carried a ton of water/juice boxs in two soft sided coolers but we were using a stroller for mostly cargo, sometimes kid carrier.

One thing that worked great for us with 6 kids, was small paper cups. If we gave each kid a bottle , they would drink 3 or 4 ozs and then play with the bottles, water got warm, whose bottle is whose...... After two days of that. I brought some paper cups to park. Divide two bottles among 6 kids, everyone got a drink, and the empty bottles were tossed.. If we were sitting for 20 mins eating lunch, they could have a whole bottle, but a quick two min stop drink stop, this worked well.

it looks really comfortable, thanks for the advice! I was thinking about regular belt bags but didn't find anything suitable, I think this option is perfect!
thanks for sharing!
I just got back from my trip. I used the above fanny pack one day and it worked great. The rest of my time, I mostly went bagless because my skorts had enough pockets to put everything I needed (phone, lipstick charger, small bag with extra masks and wet ones) and it wasn't going to rain, so I didn't need a fanny pack. On those days I just carried a disposable water bottle in my hand and refilled it from water fountains. I had no problems carrying it and would just tuck it under my arm when I needed two hands, like to carry food from a F&G booth or to zip back up a pocket.

Staying hydrated is essential if you walk or do other activities like hiking or running. You can refer to some ways to carry a water bottle when walking to ensure a well-hydrated trip. I consider hydration belts as a perfect method of carrying water while walking if you want quick and easy access to the water. A standard hydration belt has several small bottles that can be used to store all the water you need when walking. It also comes with an extra storage space dedicated to your other valuables.

I looked through the forums for an answer, but they were all pretty old. Any updates for carrying water around in the parks? I know you can get free water cups at many locations but the cups are so small. Just wondering if anyone had any new ideas.
We saved the mini water bottles provided on our Delta flight. Refilled them as needed from fountains, and they're small enough to fit in a (moderately-sized) belt bag.

Thanks!
"is it possible to get the water at room temperature? Even if they have the prefilled-cup thing going on? I'm the oddball who doesn't like water to be too cold. It makes me sip way more slowly, which is especially time-wasting if I can't walk anywhere or stand in a line while I'm doing it"

Most of the fountains are not refrigerated. If you see one covered in condensation - that will be cooled - otherwise they're not.

I have a shoulder/sling style bag that has an open pouch in the front that has an opening in the front that is good for two water bottles. We carry hydroflasks in there and carabiner clip them in so they don't fall out. We refill them when we're at the bathrooms. We drink basically only water at home. People complain about Florida water but it doesn't bother us.

I have a set of silicone water bottles that roll up fairly small to fit in a small backpack - I carry those with Crystal Light powder sticks or Mio drops to take care of funky water taste and just fill up at water fountains as we go.

I also have a set of collapsible silicone cups that collapse to flat that I can carry in a ziploc bag or pocket... again, just fill up at water fountains as we go.

My sister really loves her Corksicle bottles. She can leave the bottle filled with ice in her hot car while shopping, and the ice is still there when she returns. So she starts the day with the bottle full of ice and some water, and just adds as the day goes on.

I travel as light as possible, so I carry a disposable bottle to the park with me, and later I drink water with all my meals from the cups at CS. I usually buy one bottle of water when heading back to the bus stop. I have seen way too many people licking water fountains and bottle refill stations to feel comfortable using those with a refillable bottle. I don’t drink bottled water anywhere but Disney. Our tap water at home is fine to drink.

I haven’t completely scrolled through & I know this thread was started in 2021 so idk if it’s a ‘zombie’ thread but I got a water bottle holder from Vera Bradley and so I’ll sling it over my shoulder with a Tervis water bottle filled with ice & water

In addition if I’m coming from home vs staying on site I’ll have 2-3 frozen water bottles in a grocery bag placed in my park bag

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter