Caribbean Beach Resort ** NEWS & VIEWS **

wolf11, Just have your travel agent call CRO and ask to speak w/ the "special team". And explain to them that you've heard people were being offered $20 a night upgrades at the Poly. This is what I did when they quoted me and upgrade fro $85 a night more at AKL. I was then transferred to the special team and was given the $20 upgrade for a sav. view. I did however have to hold for 97 min. So you should make sure your TA knows this! Hope this helps and GOOD LUCK!!!

There are a couple of numbers you can call:

1-800-828-0228

1-407-934-7639

There is aslo a DIsney Club member Number to call I will go and get it for you if you are a member. (I have it hidden from my DH seeing this is a suprise trip for him, but I will go and get it if you would like that number)

The two numbers above are basiclly the same one is just toll free. They both will transfer you to the "special team"

Good luck!

Call tonight, after 5 or 6:00.

You won't have to wait so long on hold.

Call 1-407-WDW-DISNEY.
Ask to be transferred to Caribbean Beach Relocation Team.

If they won't transfer you, don't even spend any time with them.
Hang up (as I did), and call again for a different operator who will transfer you.

Once you get to that special team, I think you'll be in business.

Yes, make sure you ask for the CBR Special team... not just anyone who answers the phone...

I called my TA and told them what was going on with the Poly, etc. for $20 more a night... and they called down there, I'm not sure what # they used. But the CBR team was able to get the Poly for me... If I hadn't called, who knows what I would have ended up with... We're going at Thanksgiving and I didn't want to end up without a room or sleeping on the beach (LOL)

Keep trying and don't take NO for an answer. Tell them about the DisBoards and tell them about the deals we have received.
Good Luck!

Just wanted to update anyone who was concerned about not receiving their confirmation. We received our confirmation today after having to call again after two weeks. If you don't have yours yet, call again. The good thing is everything is fine. I don't know why we didn't get it initially.:p

I also just received my new confirmation today and everything is now correct. I would call and ask again if you dont receive yours within next few days. Still cant believe we are staying at the poly for 3 nights for $396.00 total incld tax. Its wonderful!

Still waiting here for the confirmation letter on changes made 8/4. I called them again Monday and they're supposed to send it again, but who knows. I was going to try for the fax, but someone decided to disconnect it from the computer for some reason ( we're still investigating!:( ) and I had no idea how to hook it back up. Oh well, after 3 calls and being told everytime that my reservations are there and correct, I guess I'll just sit back and wait. It looks like it took quite a bit of time for some to show up. Maybe all the changes due to the rehab have them backed up.

Has anyone asked about moving to the YC/BC/BW? I have 1 night reserved at CBR for 12/6 before moving to Boardwalk Villas for 6 nights. I don't want to stay at AKL or Poly. I was thinking of just moving to PO-FQ because we've never stayed there. Then I was thinking what I would really like is to move to Boardwalk Inn, then we would already be in the hotel for our move the next morning. They have a funshine rate of $179 plus tax and maybe an AP rate of $169. Do you think I could get a better rate through the special team? Or are the only upgrades to Poly or AKL?

to DebbieB

Our reservations were for CBR 1-9 Dec and when I got a call from the "special team," they told me they only had CSR available--no PO left and she had no upgrade offers available at any other resort. We're still quite happy to stay at CSR, though.

To DebbieB,

I was scheduled for CBR 11/9-16. Before booking CBR I had ressies for the Dolphin because I really, really wanted EPCOT area and that was cheaper than the Disney resorts. I let it go after getting hooked on the great rates at CBR. So boom, CBR is going to close and now the Dolphin raised their rates so can't get in there at what I was paying.

I wrote to Disney and did get a call from their Executive offices. Tried to explain the loss and basically proposed they at least offer me YC, BC or BWI at a price we could both live with. Would have been willing to pay about 150 a night which is what I did have at Dolphin. It's a very good discount for those but still similar to other discounts they were offering for the Poly, W/L, AKL. It was no way, no can do.

When CBR was announced, I called and changed reservations on my own because I needed to know right away where we would be because of friends making plans. I got a good rate at W/L Courtyard view but from these boards, it's evident that folks are getting better deals for the courtyard and savanah views at W/L and AKL. The exec office gal and reservations both said that is not happening and CBR refugees are only being offered standard or wood. An absolute lie based on these boards.

So the call really resolved nothing even though I thought I had a good reason for them to offer an EPCOT resort at a little better discount. They did a bate and switch on me. Then lied.

Anyway, I wish you luck at getting into BWI. I think your reasoning is good. Though mine was too.

Update - I called today and talked to Thomasina of the CBR team, waited about 10 or 15 minutes. She was very nice. No special deals for Boardwalk Inn. She gave me an AP rate of $169 plus tax. Rack rate is $289, so over 40% off. Still about double my CBR rate ($85). It's only 1 night, so I figured it's worth it to get what I really want. I was thinking of switching to BWI when the AP rates came out, even before I heard about CBR. I own DVC at BWV and we love the BW area. I didn't have enough DVC points to add another night at BWV when we couldn't get FF airline tickets for Saturday. So it's settled and I feel good about staying at BWI . 100 days to go! :)

Hey DebbieB, Glad you resolved your dilema. I did too. Just woke up this morn and decided to make things right for myself. So cut my stay at W/L down to 3 nites and will then go to BWI for 4. Surprisingly, my original cost at Dolphin was about 1212 for 6 nights. Now it will be 1258 for 7 nites. I'm happy and didn't need any 'pixie dust'

Just decided that this may be last time my mom (70) wants to or can go. Really wanted to experience the BW/Epcot area resorts w/her and my daughter. Will be our first trip there and I need to go to their thread and read up!

Bout 71 days to go!

I called the CBR Relocation Team yesterday on behalf of my mother-in-law and upgraded her to AKL for an extra $20 per night! ;) She is paying $119 for Savannah view arriving on October 25th.

:)

I was on hold for about 10-15 minutes and everything went very smoothly. ;) If you don't get what you want them I would keep calling back. The lady I spoke with was incredibly friendly and courteous. :) She also offered POR, POFQ, and CSR also. Poly was not an option.

:)

Good Luck everyone! :) :)

Update for those of us who are impatiently waiting for our corrected confirmation letters. Mine finally came today! It took 3 calls and over 3 weeks, but it got here and it looks like everything is correct. If you're having problems getting a new confirmation letter, I suggest calling them. I can tell by the postmark that mine wasn't sent out until the 3rd call. Now I can relax!

Originally posted by milmore104
...I spoke w/ a wonderful CM who gave me AKL sav. view or so I thought. About 10 days later I got my confirmation letter and it stated I had a STANDARD View...

Just a follow-up - I go my reservation confirmation in the mail yesterday (took 5 business days). Everything looks good so far...

peachgirl
Not to give you bad news, but I received my confirmation for AKL about 2 weeks after the change and I too thought everything was set. Well, I just got my third confirmation in the mail today saying I was back to CBR! I called Disney and they said, it was just a computer mixup and not to worry. That is easy to say and tough to do. THey assured me that I was still at AKL, but that the computer hadn't moved my deposit yet so the CBR was tied to the AKL reservation. I'm going to wait a few more weeks(not going til Nov) and call again to verify that my reservation wasn't messed up. I guess I'll just keep all the paperwork and trust Disney to have a room for me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter