Caribbean Beach Resort ** NEWS & VIEWS **

travelin' tigger

DIS Veteran
There is so much going on revolving around the Caribbean Beach Resort (CBR) that we would like to "stick" this thread at the top of the resorts board and encourage you to post your news and views about the closing on this one thread.

This will help to keep all the info together in one place.

Thanks,
The Resort Board Moderators

<HR>

This is from Mary's Mousesaver site:

"Reportedly the Caribbean Beach Resort at Walt Disney World will close for refurbishment of its Old Port Royale and pool area from approximately September 8, 2002 to December 1, 2002.

If you have reservations at this resort, DON'T PANIC and DON'T CALL DISNEY! The smartest thing you can do is to sit tight and wait for Disney to contact you. Disney will work systematically through the affected reservations, beginning with the earliest ones. Guests will be offered alternative accommodations."

I called CRO to use a code on my Dec. 11-Dec. 14 reservation and I don't think it's going to be affected by the closure. We'll keep our fingers crossed that they can get the work done by early December!!! :smooth:

CRO, yesterday, also took deposits on existing ressies 12/14 - 12/19, without a problem. I think you are right. They are playing it safe, by not taking new ressies, but I also get the impression that they will be ready, or at least think they will 12/1.

If it does work out, that should make for a very uncrowded stay in December. I would bet that they would begin taking December ressies again. once they see how thing progress, but who would book them with the uncertainty?

I booked through Dreams so I don't know if I'll hear from Disney directly or not. I LOVE Dreams but I'm worried about whether or not they'll be able to handle this. They've probably already got a lot on thier plates because of it. My travel agent sent me an email yesterday and I wrote her back but I haven't heard anything yet...and I usually get a relpy back pretty fast. I'm so confused and I don't know what to do. I've heard great stories about how people were offered great upgrades and I've also heard the stories of the people who had a hard time. I just don't want someone calling the day before we leave saying that there are no rooms available anywhere. We're leaving in a little over a month and I'm worried everything will be all booked! Surely they'll take care of the people who it immediatly effects first won't they???

Disney will call Dreams Unlimited about your reservation. Your agent will contact you once he/she has talked with Disney's Special Services team and report what Disney is offering for your travel dates. You can then make your decision and your agent will make the changes with Disney. When this happened with Port Orleans French Quarter, Disney contacted guests (or their travel agents) in the order of their travel dates. So Disney will be contacting those guests scheduled to arrive in early September first and so on.

I agree with your post. I have reservations for 12/12 - 12/19 and I was able to use the discount codes for CBR. I hope the workers at CBR know how much we are all routing for them to finish the project on time!:earsgirl:

Okay, so I couldn't stand it anymore. I made my alternative resort decision and went ahead and called the WDTC on the Disney Club 800 number today.

After telling the CM what I wanted and why, she transferred me over to one of the CM's on the CBR calling team.
The lady I spoke with couldn't have been more helpful, and I had absolutely no problem switching over to CS.

I know that I axed my self out of a possible upgrade, but you know what, I don't care. I felt a huge weight come off of me just knowing that I have a CONFIRMED resort now, and that at least I was able to get my second choice rather then possibly getting offered my third or fourth choice ;-)

My personality is one that really needs the peace of mind I now have. So if there are any of you out there like me, I suggest you go ahead and call..............
If you are lucky enough to have patience of steel, then you may want to wait for the call and hopefully you will get a upgrade ;-)
I personally won't be begrudging anyone who gets better than me.

Good luck!!!
Chris

PS.
I also went ahead and called to make my Priority Seating arrangements today. Boy, that was FUN!!! I am in a Disney frame of mine again, yahoo !!!

Congrats on getting CSR!! I don't know if you have stayed there before or not, but we were there in March, and we absolutely loved the resort.

Have a great time!!

I think you made a good choice too - we also moved ourselves to a different resort instead of waiting for the call, a gamble - possibly, but worth it for us.

The one thing about this that is so funny though is while I understand the disappointment in not getting to stay where you orignallywanted - I remember back to the days when you sometimes didn't have a choice - back in 98 we were placed at CSR because that was all that was available - I didn't want to stay there at first, but ended up really loving CSR. We didn't even have the option of our first choice because it was full. So I think of this situation kind of like that - its a stretch, but at one time the resorts were so full you didn't get much of a choice. We really did end up liking CSR very much though.

Honestly all the moderates are nice - and its all WDW. Hope you enjoy CSR!

I'm glad to hear that you're happy! Have a great time at CSR, I've heard it's a very nice resort.

There is so much going on revolving around the Caribbean Beach Resort (CBR) that we would like to "stick" this thread at the top of the resorts board and encourage you to post your news and views about the closing on this one thread.

This will help to keep all the info together in one place.

Thanks,
The Resort Board Moderators

<HR>
CBR / Disney made me an offer today!

:p Hey everyone, here it is. I do have ressie's for the CBR for Nov. 22 to Dec.7th. That is 15 nights. I made my ressie's back in January of this year. I also had them make alot of notes on my ressie's do to some health problems. Disney at the time was able to help me. This morning i called the CRO, going through my Disney Magic Club. I spoke with CA and ask her to please help me with the ongoing problem with the closing of CBR. She took a look at my ressie's and saw where there had been notes made and how far in advance that I had booked my trip. I also told her that since i would be there for the Thanksgiving Holiday, that I am afraid that i will be displaced somewhere that I may not want to go. The girl was very very nice,and she ask me if I would mind to hold. She said I will get you moved up on the calling list, as they started to contact the people today. I said I will wait. with a few minutes, I was on the phone with the special team of people from there marketing company that are making the calls. Here is what I was offered. To move over to another Moderate Resort. Or for $10.00 more a night, I could go to the AKL. For $20.00 more a night, I could go to the Polynesian. Wow, I got the Polynesian for $109.00 a night. I am so excited about what I got. I will be there for 15 nights. i also have all of my new confirmation numbers as well. Maybe it is worth a try for those of you who will be there for the Holidays, to go ahead and make that call. Oh, I also said to the CA, well maybe I should just cancell my trip.... I said Geeze Disney sure is going to loose alot of money from me, with shopping, eating in the parks, the dinner show's etc. That all adds up. The special dept. did tell me that they are starting to run out of rooms to offer fot the Thanksgiving holiday. I would push on Disney "NOW" to make your Holiday ressie's.

Glad that you were able to get your resort relocation done so easily!!! For the extra $10 at the AKL & $20 at the Poly, what 'view' would you be getting?? I hope that making the switch will be as easy for all of us!!! Have a great vacation!!!!:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

we have ressies at CBR (or HAD) Wednesday, 11/27 to Sunday, 12/1 and I too am afraid there won't be any rooms left by the time they get to me. I don't have any special circumstances, just a non smoking room...

Should I wait, or should I have my travel agent call? I'd be willing to pay an extra $20 for the poly, I'd love the CR, but I know THAT will Never happen!! After reading some of the boards, I was going to wait, now I don't know what to do???????

thanks, J :-)

I hope your are right! I tried booking CBR on 8/4 for Jan 4-10, 2003 but they were not accepting any reservations for Jan because of the rehab. Booked PO, but will keep an eye on these boards and hopefully be able to switch to CBR

Our reservations are 12/14-19 and when I called to put my deposit down, the CM told me that they were notified just that morning that they would be renovating CBR and would I like to switch to another resort.! I told her that I would keep my current reservation for right now and just pay the deposit. What do you think of that? I was quite taken by surprise since I read that the were hoping to get everything done by Dec. 1. Then she springs that on me! We'll just wait and see. BTW, I was reading 'another site' (sorry), and someone said they already got the call and were upgraded to the Poly for an additional $33.00 total. Not by nite, but total! I'll be patiently waiting!!

Wow, what great news!!! Poly for $109 a night is unheard of.

I will keep my fingers (and toes) crossed and hope that I am also offered Poly. That is my DREAM RESORT :cool: ;) :cool: ;)

Congrats & Enjoy!

WOW! Those are fantastic rates! Congratulations and I hope you have a magical stay at the Poly!:D

Congratulations, I'm sure that you will love the poly. That is also a dream resort for me. I have a difficult time justifying the extra expense so I usually stay at a mod or AS. Almost wish I was holding reservations so that I could make the choice. We stayed at CBR for 4 nights 4/02 and loved it. But we did visit Poly and AKL and would have happily switched for a $10-20 difference. Have a GREAT trip.:D

Well, we decided to go ahead and call CRO to see if we could get our reservations changed since CBR was going to be closed during our 11 night stay. They offered to move us to PO for no charge. Then they offered AKL standard for $10 more a night. I asked if there were any other Deluxes available for an additional charge and was offered AKL savannah view or Polynesian standard for $20 more a night - after a short discussion between my DH and one DS they decided on ... the Polynesian!!!!!! We've been bouncing off the walls - Polynesian for $109 a night!!!!!!!

Our stay is during Sept-Oct so we wanted to go ahead and get it changed before everything filled up. I tried to be as nice as possible and the CM (Cotton was her name) was extremely helpful and glad to help us out. I guess if your reservation at the CBR is relatively soon it wouldn't hurt to go ahead and call - if you don't like what you hear, just say you'll wait on your call from Disney.

Good luck

$109 for the Polynesian is AWESOME!

I am so happy for all of you who will be staying there for such a great price!!! :)

I'm glad Disney is, in my opinion, handling this in an appropriate way; offering such a good deal because of the closing of CBR :cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter