Candlelight Processional Dining Packages booking starts10/17

Ok, just hung up on 35 minute call to disney dining that was fruitful this time:banana:

I’m going to write out my experience here JIK others are in the same boat:

turns out that CP reservations can, indeed, be modified…

just not by calling & speaking to disney dining.

They are your initial contact point. They have to take the time to put you on hold and try to get a guest services person to transfer the call to appropriate GS department.

GS then is able to cancel the original reservation, while holding the spot and assigning it to a new #

the dining & show times are exactly the same. The only things that did change was the reservation number, along with the correct number of guests. (In my instance, it went from 3 to 2 pp)

Note: you will need to again provide a payment method to guarantee The reservation. They cannot automatically use the one you originally used or any associated with your MDE

I was able to see the new reservation # and the correct number of guests.

Ok, just hung up on 35 minute call to disney dining that was fruitful this time:banana:

I’m going to write out my experience here JIK others are in the same boat:

turns out that CP reservations can, indeed, be modified…

just not by calling & speaking to disney dining.

They are your initial contact point. They have to take the time to put you on hold and try to get a guest services person to transfer the call to appropriate GS department.

GS then is able to cancel the original reservation, while holding the spot and assigning it to a new #

the dining & show times are exactly the same. The only things that did change was the reservation number, along with the correct number of guests. (In my instance, it went from 3 to 2 pp)

Note: you will need to again provide a payment method to guarantee The reservation. They cannot automatically use the one you originally used or any associated with your MDE

I was able to see the new reservation # and the correct number of guests.
Thanks for the info. I have a CP res for 2 at Biergarten, but I won’t know for a few more weeks whether or not my niece will be joining me. I may have to call and make it a res for 1. It’s a Brendan Fraser night, so I definitely don’t want to lose it.

I have a CP res for 2 at Biergarten
We had never dined there, not fans of heavy sort of German food.

was pleasantly surprised when we booked it a few years ago for the package. Even mr picky who does do pork or sausages had plenty to eat.

Really enjoyed the musician’s performance. Would’ve booked it this year but, didn’t have the 7 pm show option our date that we enjoy

Hope it works out for you!

What a CM says on the phone does not matter at all. Unfortunately it could be much more than $10. I don't recall exactly where I read the story here on the DIS but they showed up for a dining package at WDW short one person & the restaurant refused to drop the extra person or even only charge only $10 for the missing person. They had to pay the full price for the missing person or they would lose their entire reservation.

ETA: found the stories, R&C Fireworks dining does this to people. I still would not take the gamble with something as expensive as a CP package...

This is because the guest did not read the cancellation policy for their Rose and Crown fireworks dining package. The cancellation policy is different than the standard cancellation policy for ADRs, or even the Candlelight Processional dining package. The Rose and Crown dining package clearly states that it must be canceled within 48 hours will forfeit the entire price of the dining package. It also says that "This experience does not allow modifications once the reservation is confirmed."

Did anyone book a CP package this morning for their trip? When I look now, every single time, restaurant, and date show as sold out on the app, mobile website, and desktop website. My ADR day hasn't come up yet, but this still seems strange.
I noticed that too. We got our reservation on Friday for December 23rd. I was looking at possibly changing times/restaurants but everything was gone for the entire week we are there.

View attachment 804396
CP with Josh Gad and the wonderful Voices of Liberty last year taken with my phone using the zoom. I was in an accessible spot near the front. Definitely worth being in line an hour early.

Booked twice this year… NPH and Brendan Fraser. I’ll definitely be on line early.
Same with me , NPH and Brendan Fraser! I plan on lining up very early for both…

I have a 230 res for Le Cellier for Brendan Fraser my arrival day. Flight arrives at 1130 at Sanford so I should be fine since we are staying at the Swan. I have a back up for Joey McIntyre Sunday just in case something goes wrong with my arrival day... For Brendan Fraser I am thinking of lining up at least an hour before show time, maybe just leaves Le Tellier and get in line.

I have a 230 res for Le Cellier for Brendan Fraser my arrival day. Flight arrives at 1130 at Sanford so I should be fine since we are staying at the Swan. I have a back up for Joey McIntyre Sunday just in case something goes wrong with my arrival day.
U need to cancel 2 hours prior. If plane is late departing, you will know if that is necessary upfront.

That’s just cutting it too close for me Especially, if checked luggage to retrieve

Factor in time for Uber or to retrieve rental car

Sanford rental counters move slowly, even the reward member lines. You shouldnt hit traffic. We’ve had some times that took nearly 1-1/2 hours. Usually, on way to SFB tho

Then, dropping luggage at hotel eats up more time

Good luck

I called this morning and was able to book with the CM there seems to be a problem with the site and app

That's what I was wondering. It seems really weird for there to be nothing available. Even the ADR finders are showing nothing. I hope they fix this before Friday. Thanks

EDIT: I just noticed a note at the top of the website saying that dining-related stuff wouldn't be available this morning. I wonder if they figured out it was broken, and they are trying to fix it.

I have a 230 res for Le Cellier for Brendan Fraser my arrival day. Flight arrives at 1130 at Sanford so I should be fine since we are staying at the Swan. I have a back up for Joey McIntyre Sunday just in case something goes wrong with my arrival day... For Brendan Fraser I am thinking of lining up at least an hour before show time, maybe just leaves Le Tellier and get in line.
I had a bad experience with that last year. I had a 7am flight from Philly that was supposed to land at 9:45am. Plenty of time to grab my luggage, get uber to hotel and make it to Epcot for a 12:50pm CDP lunch at LeCellier... or so I thought.

My flight was delayed an hour. It landed and I was waiting for luggage at 11:35am. I took a taxi to All Star Sports (it was there, no wait, but expensive). Until I dropped my luggage at the hotel, got a bus to the park and got to LeCellier, I was about 40 minutes late for the reservation.

Thankfully I was meeting a friend who drove in from South Carolina the day before so she was already in the park by 9:30am. Because I texted her about the delay before my flight took off, she went to LeCellier when they opened at noon, explained the situation and they were gracious enough to hold our reservation and get us a table when I got there.

On the plus side, while waiting in the airport I was able to score a VQ for Guardians (Group 90) :D And we were able to enjoy the Candlelight Processional.

Yeah, It was 6am when my girlfriend booked the reservation. Seemed ok groggy at that time. To try and help my chances, I have a chartered transportation from the airport so we won't have to wait for a ride after getting our luggage. Being at the Swan without needing a bus to Epcot and entering through International gateway should help as well. In theory 3 hours SHOULD be more than enough to make it, but if my flight is delayed I will cancel and just go see Joey McIntyre Sunday.

So, I had to call this morning to book CP. It's still not showing up correctly on the website or app, even right at release time. Other ADRs seem fine though.

So, I had to call this morning to book CP. It's still not showing up correctly on the website or app, even right at release time. Other ADRs seem fine though.
I've been checking out CP availability over the past week or so to prepare for my ADR date this weekend. Got nervous when I saw all availability gone but now know it's a glitch. When you called was there availability across lunch & dinner for multiple locations?? I'd assume with it not showing online you'd have your pick of resys. What'd ya book?

I've been checking out CP availability over the past week or so to prepare for my ADR date this weekend. Got nervous when I saw all availability gone but now know it's a glitch. When you called was there availability across lunch & dinner for multiple locations?? I'd assume with it not showing online you'd have your pick of resys. What'd ya book?
I only asked about Garden Grill breakfast for the 27th. I had my pick of showtimes. That one had seemed to be selling quickly when they were showing up online, probably because it's the cheapest one. So, hopefully, that means others are available. When I was looking before online, Akershush and Coral Reef were usually available. Good luck

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter