Candlelight Processional Dining Packages booking starts10/17

Euby

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know about when the Candlelight Professional Dining Package becomes available for booking? This will be my first time doing FoH and would like to see the Candlelight Processional. My ADR window for my trip opens in a couple of weeks, so I'm trying to get things pulled together.

Also, how does the menu differ between it and a 'normal' dinner at the restaurants (i.e., Garden Grill, Rose & Crown, etc.)? Is it just like usual menu or is there "special" one for the CP package?

I understand that this is all conjecture, but would like insight from folks who have done it in years past.

I believe booking opened on Oct. 6 last year. Garden Grill menu will be the same as the regular menu as it's a family-style AYCTE meal. I am not sure about Rose and Crown.

I believe booking opened on Oct. 6 last year. Garden Grill menu will be the same as the regular menu as it's a family-style AYCTE meal. I am not sure about Rose and Crown.
thank you. I too am anxiously awaiting the line up of speakers so I can possibly book during my solo trip in December

Does anyone know about when the Candlelight Professional Dining Package becomes available for booking? This will be my first time doing FoH and would like to see the Candlelight Processional. My ADR window for my trip opens in a couple of weeks, so I'm trying to get things pulled together.

Also, how does the menu differ between it and a 'normal' dinner at the restaurants (i.e., Garden Grill, Rose & Crown, etc.)? Is it just like usual menu or is there "special" one for the CP package?

I understand that this is all conjecture, but would like insight from folks who have done it in years past.
Glad to know I’m not the only one thinking of Candlelight Processional…although it is months away! Sorry, I don’t know when booking starts, but I have been to this event many many times. Last year the restaurant choices were limited but I took my daughter to the Garden Grill and we were very happy with the quality of the food and seeing characters. We are both adults and always had gone toFrance in prior years. I would say having a reservation ANYWHERE you get one is worth it. ! This is a very special event and gets sold out quickly. Enjoy and early, Happy Holiday!

Last year, the first official announcement came out on 9/26 on the Disney Parks Blog with a partial list of narrators. Packages went on sale 10/6. I'd anticipate a similar timeline this year. As far as selections go, we did the package at Le Cellier last year and there were no exclusions -- we picked an appetizer, entree, and dessert off the regular menu. Alcohol and enhancements (if desired) were extra.

Me and DD22 are just doing a quick 2 Day trip in December (were just there for a week in August). Going December 1-3. Planning on flying in on the 1st and doing the MK Christmas Party that night - then doing Epcot /Processional on the 2nd. I have not bought tickets yet since they have not announced the Processional info. Am I right in that they Processional is held every night? Just don't want to buy a Party Ticket and 1 Day Epcot Ticket and then they don't have that night...

Me and DD22 are just doing a quick 2 Day trip in December (were just there for a week in August). Going December 1-3. Planning on flying in on the 1st and doing the MK Christmas Party that night - then doing Epcot /Processional on the 2nd. I have not bought tickets yet since they have not announced the Processional info. Am I right in that they Processional is held every night? Just don't want to buy a Party Ticket and 1 Day Epcot Ticket and then they don't have that night...
In every year past, Candlelight Processional has three performances every night.

If I book a package for 5 people, and only 4 can make it, will I still have to pay for the package for that missing person?

Last year, we didn't book the CLP dining pkg in advance. We did the day-of tickets at the Regal Eagle Smokehouse. It was $40 per person and the food was soooo good and big portions.

Last year, we didn't book the CLP dining pkg in advance. We did the day-of tickets at the Regal Eagle Smokehouse. It was $40 per person and the food was soooo good and big portions.
That's what I did also. I wanted to do Garden Grill but it was $80 + taxes. I just couldn't bring myself to spend that and take up more of my day. Loved Regal Eagle!

I have always wanted to do Regal Eagle (the food sounds amazing) but as it's a (relative) great deal for the CP booking, I'm concerned it will sell out or have a long queue. For those of you have done it, is there a "trick" (long lines? virtual queue? show up at a certain time)?

I have always wanted to do Regal Eagle (the food sounds amazing) but as it's a (relative) great deal for the CP booking, I'm concerned it will sell out or have a long queue. For those of you have done it, is there a "trick" (long lines? virtual queue? show up at a certain time)?
No VQ. We showed up for 11:45 and got in line. You order your meal and tickets at tge same time. We had our pick of show times, chose the 7pm show. We got in line for the show at 6:10 and got amazing seats.

No VQ. We showed up for 11:45 and got in line. You order your meal and tickets at tge same time. We had our pick of show times, chose the 7pm show. We got in line for the show at 6:10 and got amazing seats.
Awesome, thank you. Do you have any thoughts as to whether it would be more crowded or less crowded on Christmas Eve?

We did it for Simu Liu last year who was one of the more popular narrators (being brand new especially) and lined up maybe an hour before Regal Eagle opened? It's in my post history somewhere, I don't think it was any more than an hour because that's about our limit. We sat on the tables outside the restaurant for a while and as a few more parties showed up we put ourselves in an actual line. They opened a bit earlier than their actual hours and as far as I know had enough tickets for everyone who was there. I can't imagine anyone would be that much more popular except maybe NPH so I think it's worth a shot to save the money over table service.

Edit: dug through my posts and found my summary of our experience:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/same-day-candlelight-processional-packages.3898543/#post-64451463
I posted in the another thread but we did regal eagle today. We hung out by RE tables at 10:30 and one other family was there. Others started coming by so we got nervous and started a line by the door against the wall at 10:58. CMs said 11:45 opening when asked earlier. A few others lined up behind me and by the time they let us in at 11:29 there were maybe a dozen people mostly in parties of 2 behind me. They came and counted us at 11:25 but made no comment so I assumed that meant there were enough tickets for us all, as they asked if we were all there for tickets. They had us go to a different register than the few that were there just for food. We left at 12:10 and the sign out front still said limited availability for all 3 shows. You tell them which show you want at the register. I imagine they flip the sign out front to sold out but I never went back to check. For someone like NPH I imagine pickings are slim as it’s just leftover tickets that didn’t sell in packages, from my understanding. But today I think we would have been fine going at noon. We didn’t want to risk it though, based on the limited tickets someone mentioned in the other thread for the first day!

We did it for Simu Liu last year who was one of the more popular narrators (being brand new especially) and lined up maybe an hour before Regal Eagle opened? It's in my post history somewhere, I don't think it was any more than an hour because that's about our limit. We sat on the tables outside the restaurant for a while and as a few more parties showed up we put ourselves in an actual line. They opened a bit earlier than their actual hours and as far as I know had enough tickets for everyone who was there. I can't imagine anyone would be that much more popular except maybe NPH so I think it's worth a shot to save the money over table service.

Edit: dug through my posts and found my summary of our experience:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/same-day-candlelight-processional-packages.3898543/#post-64451463
Super helpful! Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter