• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Candlelight Processional 2017 Watch- updated with Narrator list as of 7/1

Never been at Christmas before and so excited about the chance to see this

Am I right we need yo book a fine package

I was there for Gary Sinise, who was great. Cecily Tyson sang along with the choir, a very moving experience. Anxiously awaiting the announcement for December 3-9.

Just booked our first Christmas trip!! So excited....but feel overwhelmed with all to plan. Can't wait to see the dates for the Candlelight Professional.

Unless you want to spend hours waiting in line you should DEFINITELY book a package!

OK, JennLTX .. Biergarten is my second choice. (Can't figure out how to quote someone).... Did you like the dining "experience"?

OK, JennLTX .. Biergarten is my second choice. (Can't figure out how to quote someone).... Did you like the dining "experience"?

To quote someone, just click on "Reply" in the lower right corner of the post you want to quote. If you want to quote more than one person, click on "+Quote" in each post you want to quote.

Excited to follow along in "the watch."

We did CP last year for the first time we were really enjoying it, but about 3/4 of the way through it started monsooning. So I'm really excited to try again this year. This time we'll be going with extended family, so I want them to be able to experience it as well.

I saw some mentioned about doing biergarten for the DP. We did the lunch there last year. We always enjoy the food and show, plus it was one of the cheaper options (aps, so we were paying oop). It was a great meal, we took our time, stayed for the show etc...

This year, we will have the deluxe DP for one day. I was telling my family this would be a good time to do the CP dining package. So...suggestions for a good use of 1 TS for CP package. I would assume dinner would be the best value. Maybe chefs de france? Suggestions?

Which restaurants have been included in the package in previous years? Do they typically sell out?

This is where we are eating for our CL dinner. I hope it is good.
JadeDarkstar and cruisin5, Biergarten is a must do on all our trips. Is the food "gourmet"? Not by "foodie" standards, but it's unique, very well prepared considering it's a buffet, and we've ALWAYS enjoyed it. My son would eat his weight in German Cheesecake, pretzel rolls, and spaetzel if I let him. I'm also a big fan of the beer flight. :drinking1 The band has been playing there forever, and they're terrific, so much fun.

The ONLY thing I wish was different, although I completely understand why it is the way it is, is the seating. It's "family style," meaning you're going to be at a long table full of strangers. In all but one of our trips, this has actually turned out to be pretty neat because you do meet people from all over and get to swap stories. One time, however, it was SUPER awkward as the other group at our table clearly didn't know about the seating and were NOT happy about it. That said, I would imagine that during the holidays, guests will be even more outgoing, and the seating situation could turn out to be a real plus!

Last edited:
To quote someone, just click on "Reply" in the lower right corner of the post you want to quote. If you want to quote more than one person, click on "+Quote" in each post you want to quote.

Thanks for the direction, it worked!

We'll be there first week of December and I'm ready to spawn camp the dining packages, it'll be our first CP

JadeDarkstar and cruisin5, Biergarten is a must do on all our trips. Is the food "gourmet"? Not by "foodie" standards, but it's unique, very well prepared considering it's a buffet, and we've ALWAYS enjoyed it. My son would eat his weight in German Cheesecake, pretzel rolls, and spaetzel if I let him. I'm also a big fan of the beer flight. :drinking1 The band has been playing there forever, and they're terrific, so much fun.

The ONLY thing I wish was different, although I completely understand why it is the way it is, is the seating. It's "family style," meaning you're going to be at a long table full of strangers. In all but one of our trips, this has actually turned out to be pretty neat because you do meet people from all over and get to swap stories. One time, however, it was SUPER awkward as the other group at our table clearly didn't know about the seating and were NOT happy about it. That said, I would imagine that during the holidays, guests will be even more outgoing, and the seating situation could turn out to be a real plus!

Thanks for the heads up about the seating. I did that at the bbq meal in DL so it's cool with us. I do like to sit on the edge of those tables that's part of my anxiety I think.
We don't drink but I have heard the bands cool I am excited to see they do Christmas songs at the time we will be there.

I was born in Germany so I think this will be fun and bring back some old times.

When do you think we'll be able to book the package? I'm so excited! This will be our first time visiting at Christmas:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter