California Dreamin' - I'm back & TR started - UPDATED 14TH OCT

Refurbishments at Disneyland

So I got the Mousesaver newsletter on monday and it contained an update of Disneyland/DCA refurbishment dates/plans and while i'm there so far these are the ones that will be taking place -

• Orange Stinger (DCA) closed 7/27/09 - 4/28/10 for refurbishment.
  • Casey Jr. Circus Trains (Disneyland) closed 8/31/09 - 11/20/09 for refurbishment.
  • Storybook Land Canal Boats (Disneyland) closed 8/31/09 - 11/20/09 for refurbishment.

I'm not to fussed about the Orange stinger as this wasn't on my list of must do's, but i really wanted to go on the Storybook land canal boats, this ride looked really cute :( oh well its not a bad list at all at least none of the major rides i want to do are on it and hopefully nothing more gets added.

Refurbishments at Disneyland

So I got the Mousesaver newsletter on monday and it contained an update of Disneyland/DCA refurbishment dates/plans and while i'm there so far these are the ones that will be taking place -

• Orange Stinger (DCA) closed 7/27/09 - 4/28/10 for refurbishment.
  • Casey Jr. Circus Trains (Disneyland) closed 8/31/09 - 11/20/09 for refurbishment.
  • Storybook Land Canal Boats (Disneyland) closed 8/31/09 - 11/20/09 for refurbishment.

I'm not to fussed about the Orange stinger as this wasn't on my list of must do's, but i really wanted to go on the Storybook land canal boats, this ride looked really cute :( oh well its not a bad list at all at least none of the major rides i want to do are on it and hopefully nothing more gets added.

I would be a little sad about the Storybook Land Canal boats, and the Casey Jr both being closed at the same time. It would be nice if one or the other would be open. The Orange Stinger no big deal for me. We always go on the off season so there is always something closed while we are there. I have gotten used to it.

Aw the Storybook Land Canal boats! I've never been to Disneyland and really don't know much about it, but those boats were featured on the Disneyland Fun Sing-A-Long tape my brother and I watched over and over again growing up. I'm sure there will be plenty of other rides to keep you guys busy though!

Bummer you won't be able to do the Storybook Canal boats but atleast there's nothing major. I kind of liked the Orange Stinger ride, hehe.

I would be a little sad about the Storybook Land Canal boats, and the Casey Jr both being closed at the same time. It would be nice if one or the other would be open. The Orange Stinger no big deal for me. We always go on the off season so there is always something closed while we are there. I have gotten used to it.

Is Casey Jr where i've seen peoples pictures of them in the monkey cage? i so wanted to get in on that action and have my picture in there :rotfl:
The storybook canal boast looked such a cute ride, i was really looking forward to that one even if i am 25, big kid at heart :laughing:
I guess i was asking for alot to have nothing closed for refurb while i was there.

Aw the Storybook Land Canal boats! I've never been to Disneyland and really don't know much about it, but those boats were featured on the Disneyland Fun Sing-A-Long tape my brother and I watched over and over again growing up. I'm sure there will be plenty of other rides to keep you guys busy though!

yeah there are still loads im looking forward to doing but as Darren is a 25 year old wimp theres limits about what he will do, its a small world is ok but i wont push it by dragging him on big thunder mountain railroad he didn't like that in Disneyland Paris :rotfl:

Bummer you won't be able to do the Storybook Canal boats but atleast there's nothing major. I kind of liked the Orange Stinger ride, hehe.

For some reason i never took much notice on the orange stinger when looking up the rides, i guess it didn't look either exciting or disney enough for me :confused3

For some reason i never took much notice on the orange stinger when looking up the rides, i guess it didn't look either exciting or disney enough for me :confused3

The Orange Stinger really isn't anything all that special...it's just one of those swing rides. But I got a kick out of it.

Your trip sounds like it's going to be fantastic!! I've never been to Disneyland but I've been to Las Vegas twice. It. Is. Fabulous. :) I've stayed at the New York, New York and Monte Carlo. The Mirage is BEAUTIFUL! I'm subbing to your PTR.

Your trip sounds like it's going to be fantastic!! I've never been to Disneyland but I've been to Las Vegas twice. It. Is. Fabulous. :) I've stayed at the New York, New York and Monte Carlo. The Mirage is BEAUTIFUL! I'm subbing to your PTR.

Hello and welcome, thanks for joining in :wave2:

Im so excited for my trip and can't believe its less than 2 months away, though i wouldn't mind if i was doing your trip instead (oh i miss Disneyworld so much and the DCL looks so good)
Nice to hear you think Vegas is fab, i've been obsessed with wanting to go there for years, so im so glad im finally going (though i could be here a while listing all the places in the US im obsessed with wanting to visit :laughing:)

Hello and welcome, thanks for joining in :wave2:

Im so excited for my trip and can't believe its less than 2 months away, though i wouldn't mind if i was doing your trip instead (oh i miss Disneyworld so much and the DCL looks so good)
Nice to hear you think Vegas is fab, i've been obsessed with wanting to go there for years, so im so glad im finally going (though i could be here a while listing all the places in the US im obsessed with wanting to visit :laughing:)

I will take lots of pictures so you can take my vacation vicariously! :thumbsup2

You're going to Las Vegas for the perfect amount of time. Too many nights and you start to get burnt out there. It is like daylight all the time with all the neon! It's a fun place though and I love it. Are you doing any side trips while you're there, like to Hoover Dam or the Grand Canyon?

I will take lots of pictures so you can take my vacation vicariously! :thumbsup2

You're going to Las Vegas for the perfect amount of time. Too many nights and you start to get burnt out there. It is like daylight all the time with all the neon! It's a fun place though and I love it. Are you doing any side trips while you're there, like to Hoover Dam or the Grand Canyon?

That will be great, is all i have to hold onto WDW till 2011 is trip reports with lots of photos :sad2:

I wanted to go to the Grand Canyon but my boyfriend has no interest in seeing it all all, gawd he needs a big bang on the head he has no interest in Disney (apart from the pixar films :laughing:), doesnt see what the big deal is with the grand canyon :rolleyes:

That will be great, is all i have to hold onto WDW till 2011 is trip reports with lots of photos :sad2:

I wanted to go to the Grand Canyon but my boyfriend has no interest in seeing it all all, gawd he needs a big bang on the head he has no interest in Disney (apart from the pixar films :laughing:), doesnt see what the big deal is with the grand canyon :rolleyes:

Honestly, I would like to see it eventually, but it's a loooong ride out from Vegas and it's nothing but a big hole in the ground to me. :laughing: I am not a National Parks person.

Well my trip is getting even closer, i'm no only 54 days away :eek::banana:

I haven't booked our hotel in San Diego yet, i can't believe its less than 2 months away and i haven't done that yet but it seems the better deals are to be had nearer to the time so im trying to hang out another couple fo weeks or so before i book that.
The dollar rate is falling again :mad: i hope its just a temp thing and starts to go back up again, i like to have all the dollars i can for all the wonderful shopping, plus all those Disney goodies i like to buy ;) So far i've exchanged £300 and got $500 and at the moment we are holding onto our money and hoping that the rate will go up to about $1.65 to the £1 before we change the rest, oh how i miss the $2 to £1 rate.

I also need to sort out how we will get from San Diego airport to our hotel, i'm thinking a taxi probably won't cost too much and will be the easiest? we plan to stay in the Gaslamp area.
We will then need to get from Union station in LA to our hotel in Hollywood (Holiday inn express, hollywood) I know from Union st we can take the red metro line to the Hollywood & Highland centre but then its about 10minute walk (from what i've read) to the hotel and we will have at least 2 large suitcases & a small bag and don't know if the walk will just be a pain with the luggage, maybe we could get a taxi from hollywood & highland?

And lastly we need to sort out travel from the hotel in Hollywood to LAX, our flight is at 20.55pm which means we need to be at LAX around 6pm on a thursday. I was thinking perhaps a shuttle from the hotel? i know there is a aiport bus from Union st but again its the hassle of getting to Union st from the hotel.

And more importantly im patiently awaiting september hours for Disneyland to be released :)

Honestly, I would like to see it eventually, but it's a loooong ride out from Vegas and it's nothing but a big hole in the ground to me. :laughing: I am not a National Parks person.

haha thats what he said its nothing but a big whole in the ground :laughing: i think i just want to see it becaus ewe have nothing like it over here and theres just something about it,t hats makes me say wow everytime i see it on tv :)

haha thats what he said its nothing but a big whole in the ground :laughing: i think i just want to see it becaus ewe have nothing like it over here and theres just something about it,t hats makes me say wow everytime i see it on tv :)

I'm sure if I were to see it up close, I'd think it was beautiful. I've only flown over it lol.

:banana::banana::banana: Wooohooo 48 days to go :banana::banana::banana:

And i've just made my first and maye only PS :thumbsup2 i ooked the Carnation cafe for reakfast on our first morning in Disneyland (thursday 3rd Septemer) at 9.30am. Booking that just made it feel even more closer and so exciting, plus it was so nice to hear an American accent again ;)

I'm planning on getting another lot of dollars (well loading them onto my Fairfx card) tomorrow or thursday as long as the rate is above $1.61 to the £1
And i'm also hitting the shops on thursday hoping to get some more holiday clothes.
And then its just our San Diego hotel to book which I will be doing in the next couple fo weeks

:cool1: Park hour updates :cool1:

So the Disneyland calender now goes upto Monday 31st August, which isn't quite upto the days i will be there but im sure mondays hours & entertainment schdeule will be the same on the thursday of that week when i'll be spending the day in Disneyland park :banana:
So it's open 9am-9pm (closing an hour earlier than previous years unfortunately) and magic morning is 8am-9am just as i thought it would be and planned for :)

Celebrate! A street party parade will be on at 7.00pm & Fireworks at 8.45pm

Aladdin isn't showing as being on in DCA on the monday, so i have a horrible feeling it won't be on all that week but maybe showing at the weekend? i'm hoping to fit it in at some point if it is on, though im sure Darren would be more than happy to give it a miss :rolleyes:
Actually just checked other days in august and Aladdin is only showing on weekends, did i miss a post somewhere saying its only going to be showing on weekends now? :confused3

We plan to spend the friday in DCA, which if the mondays hours are to go by it will be open 10am-6pm

Hey! When I was there Aladdin was Thursday-Sunday only. Not sure if it will change by the time you go. Aladdin is great though! Not just for kids.

Hey! When I was there Aladdin was Thursday-Sunday only. Not sure if it will change by the time you go. Aladdin is great though! Not just for kids.

fingerscrossed it's like that when we go then as i was hoping to pop into DCA on the thursday while we are taking a break from DL to watch Aladdin (well drag Darren, my DBF as its not really he's thing, though disney in general isn't :rolleyes::eek: i know, i know he isn't right in the head lol)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter