California Dreamin' - I'm back & TR started - UPDATED 14TH OCT

:yay::yay: 7 days and 16 hours to go :yay::yay:

I can't believe how quickly that countdown has gone, this tyime next week I would have gone and had my nails done, done online check in and just get our last few bits together before going out for dinner with my mum (I can't believe i won't see her for almost 3 weeks, i don't live at home anymore and haven't done for 3 years but im very close to her and still see her almost everyday so will miss her loads) then once we get back from dinner we will pack up the car and head of to the aiport hotel for the night. I feel like i have quite a bit to do this week which is good as i want to keep busy otherwise it will probably feel like this week is just dragging by.
And my new camera is now sitting at Walmart in Anaheim waiting for me to pick it up :)

So with a week to go, i guess i'll post our plans....

Part 1...6 nights at the Sheraton Anaheim

Tuesday 1st Sep

We are on the 11.15am Virgin flight from Heathrow to LA (as you have probably read a good few times already by now)
fingerscrossed land around 2.30pm local time and will go straight to Dollar Car rental (obviously after collecting our luggage & getting through immagration) I really hope we are on the road to Anaheim by about 4.30pm
I don't really know what time we'll get to the hotel in Anaheim as i've heard horror stories about the LA rush hour traffic but when we get there and have checked in etc we'll freshen up, unpack and go to the Walmart to collect my nice new camera (fingersrossed it will be there to collect with no problems) and then off to dinner (if we can still keep our eyes open) at Red Robin, i've read good things about the burgers at this place :tounge: and then back tot he hotel where we will no doubt fall on the bed and asleep within minutes

Wednesday 2nd Sep

No doubt up at stupid a clock in the morning with the 8 hour time differance :eek: we'll probably have breakfast at Denny's or Mimi's before heading to spend the morning at Lauguna beach, im really looking forward to seeing this place espcially after watching the MTV show so much after spending a few hours there we'll be heading to Newport beach where we may go on a boat trip (ive read they have them) or just check out the Balboa/pier area and of course spend some time soaking up the sun on the beach :cool2:
I don't have any places in mind for dinner so we'll see what we fancy, i have a bit of a list of places to eat while we are staying in Anaheim so i'm sure we'll pick somewhere from that list and then probably just relax at the hotel in the evening as i'm sure we'll be tired from waking up early and of course we have to be up early for Disneyland the next day :cheer2:

Thursday 3rd Sep

Woohoo one of the days i'm most looking forward to on this trip...we finally get to Disneyland
We'll be hopefully up in time to get to the parks to make use of the Magic morning from 8am-9am and we have breakfast booked at Carnation cafe for 9.30am I can't wait to try those Mickey Waffles, this looks such a cute little place and many people rave about it. Will we stay in the parks till about 1pm before probably heading back to the hotel for a bit of a break and a few hours by the pool before returning about 4pm for the rest of the evening till park closing at 9pm and then we'll probably head to Rainforest cafe for dinner

Friday 4th Sep

After quite along day yesterday we will not be jumping out of bed at the crack of dawn today (we aren't exactly early risers anyway) so we'll have a relaxing morning, maybe just grab some breakfast at the hotel and have a few hours by the pool before heading to Disney's California adventure park around 1pm and we will no doubt stay till closing (even though Darren could be sick of Disney already by now :nonono: but he will no complain, he will put up & shut up cause he loves me and I love Disney :rotfl:) no plans where to eat dinner at the moment probably somewhere in DTD or along Harbor Blvd

Saturday 5th Sep

Today we'll be spending the day at Santa Monica beach, before we head there we will probably get some breakfast from Mimi's or Denny's and then head straight to Santa Monica and spend the morning & afternoon there before heading back to Anaheim late afternoon/early evening.
We are fans of the Final Destination films and the new one comes out the weekend we go so we plan to go to the cinema at DTD or Gardenwalk to see that this evening and will probably have dinner at Tony Roma's if we go to the cinema in DTD or somehwere in Garden walk if we go the the cinema there

Sunday 6th Sep

Sadly our last day in Anaheim and as its the morning of the Disney half marathon we will just relax at the hotel till thats all over and done, probably spend some hours at the pool and weill head to Disney sometime in the afternoon and split our time between the 2 parks till closing, watch the parades for a final time, the fireworks and pick up the last of our (well mine) Disney goodies :) before heading back tot he hotel for our last sleep in Anaheim

Oooh not long to go now! Have a fab time I can't wait to read all about the trip when you return!:goodvibes

Your trip is so close now!!! :woohoo: You're going to Laguna Beach too?? Jealous! I loved the show too and it's supposed to be a gorgeous area. Take lots of pictures!

Your trip is so close now!!! :woohoo: You're going to Laguna Beach too?? Jealous! I loved the show too and it's supposed to be a gorgeous area. Take lots of pictures!

Seems we love alot of the same shows, i loved their houses in Laguna beach show i'd love one like that, much better than Clarissa explains it all bedroom you wanted :lmao:
It does look such a gorgeous place i can't wait to see it, of course i'll be taking lotssss of pictures :)

Seems we love alot of the same shows, i loved their houses in Laguna beach show i'd love one like that, much better than Clarissa explains it all bedroom you wanted :lmao:
It does look such a gorgeous place i can't wait to see it, of course i'll be taking lotssss of pictures :)

I would just be going around singing the theme song and driving everyone crazy. And looking for Stephen. :rotfl2:

It's so close now. Wow. I am excited for you, I can only imagine how excited you are.

I'm home and had the most amazing trip. Disneyland was wonderful and i hope to go back again one day.
I have a few installements of my trip report ready, so i will post them in a bit :)

Well I've never done a trip report before, so i apologise in advance if i start to ramble, get boring, post to many photos, don't post enough etc

The cast

Me (Sarah) - 25 - Lover of all things Disney, America, Sparkly, Rides and the planner
Boyfriend (Darren) - 26 - Loves football & he's PS3, and letting me do all the hard work

The day before & travel to Heathrow - August 31st

As always with the day before a holiday i sit around trying to prolong the packing and hoping the day doesn't drag by too slowely, we had a pretty late night the night before so didn't wake up untill around 12pm so at least the morning had gone by with us sleeping. My mum was coming around sometime in the afternoon as she was staying at ours for a couple of nights and of course I wanted to see her before i went off to enjoy myself for nealy 3 weeks, she arrived about 2pm with goodies to cook one last proper home cooked meal for us, a lovely roast. Darren went off to the gym for an hour or so around 3pm and I was left with the stressful job of finishing the packing and trying to make sure we didn't forget anything.
The day going probably as slowely as it possibly could have :sad2:, dinner was eaten about 7pm and after my help with the washing up and a bit of a sit down, we said our goodbyes to my mum and packed my car up and left for The Holiday Inn, heathrow 9pm. The drive through central London wasn't too bad and after about an hour we arrived, checked in and were given a King room on the 3rd floor, room number 3203

Holiday2009001.jpg

Holiday2009001.jpg

the room was nice and not to small that we were tripping over the cases to move about, i'd deffiently stay here again if we needed a hotel at Heathrow, we payed £130 i think which included 21 days parking. Once in the room we just relaxed and watched tv till we fell asleep which probably wasn't untill about 1am, considering the excitement this was pretty good and with the alarm set for 7am at least we'd get *hopefully* 6 hours sleep, with the long flight, drive to Anaheim once we land and needing to try and stay awake late enough that we wouldn't wake up at silly am we probably could have done with abit more than 6 hours but what the hell we were off to California in the morning :yay:

Yay!! I am glad you had a good time and I am looking forward to reading your trip report.

Day 1 - We finally arrive in Anaheim

We woke up about 6.30 and as the alarm was due to go off at 7 decided there was no point in laying in bed any longer and i bounced out of bed made a tea & coffee and jumped in the shower. Once I was out Darren got in there soon after and at about 8am i was sat tapping my fingers waiting for Darren to finish getting ready and finally at around 8.15am we were already to check out, hand the car keys over and jump in a taxi to terminal 3. £7 and about 15 minutes later, after dealing with some traffic we were dropped off at Virgin zone at Terminal 3 and headed straight to bag drop, i forgot to mention I had already checked in online the day before, infact i jumped online as soon as i woke up the day before to do it. Straight to an empty desk the usual questions and handed over our cases, mine already over weight at 27kgs :rolleyes1 (I hadn't even shopped yet) and Darrens a nice light 14kgs, boarding passes given to us which all was done very quickly and straight upstairs to go through to the departure gates.
We walked around looking in the shops for abit and decided to head to TGI Fridays for breakfast, 2 Grilled breakfasts with a Coffe for Darren and an Orange juice for me and £18 later we were full and left for another look around the shops and trying to waste time untill we could finally start boarding. We went into WHSmiths to get a couple of magazines, newspaper & some sweets for the flight and the decided to head to our gate, by the time we got there our flight had already started boarding so we joined the short que left still to board and were quickly onboard Mystic Maiden and in our seats waiting for take off, we ended up taking off about 15 minutes late but at last at about 11.30 we were finally in the air and on our way to LAX :woohoo:

Holiday2009013.jpg

The flight was ok, but gawd 10 hours on that plane and I couldn't wait to get off. The films were quite good, I ended up watching The Proposal which i really enjoyed and I, love you man which couldn't of been that great because i ended up switching it off. The food was ermm how can i put this politly? fit for a dog? i don't normally complain with plane food but this time it seemed really awful, we both chose the beef stew and didn't eat much of it all all. We were given a choc ice which was nice and a wrap sometime during the rest of the flight which tasted alot better than the dinner we were given, i slept for a bit on the flight which is unusual for me when we are going because i'm normally to excited but im managed about an hour.

Holiday2009021.jpg

Holiday2009023.jpg

We finally landed in LA around 2.30pm local time, immagration wasn't to bad as I think ours was the only flight queing at the time. We were near the beginning of the que and noticed one of the immagration officers was a bit of a grumpy git and were hoping we wouldn't end up with him, but yep you guessed it we did :rolleyes:. He looked at my form, which I had forgotten to date :blush: and sent me back to the que where i got called forward by a much more happier, politer and general nicer officer. A few questions asked, passport stamped, fingerprints & photo taken and I was through, Darren had been left with the grumpy git and was soon given he's passport back and let through. Our bags were waiting on the carasel for us, collected and finally out of the airport we headed straight to the Dollar shuttle which was already there and waiting and travelled the short journey to the rental car office. Once we got there and in another que which seemed to move extremely slowely we were finally done there and of to chose a car, car picked and finally around 2 hours after landing we were on our way to the Sheraton Anaheim at about 4.30pm.
Traffic a bit heavy but not quite as bad as I expected we finally arrived about 5.30 and were greated at the reception desk to xcheck in by a very friendly man and were given a king room over looking the Rose garden on the 2nd floor, room number 2189.

Holiday2009025.jpg

Holiday2009026.jpg

Holiday2009028.jpg

I couldn't believe the size of the room when I walked in, it was really nice and probably one of the largest hotel rooms i've stayed in, although the bathroom was a bit small considering how big the room was but no problems at all. We unpacked and freshened up then headed out for some food about 7.30 Darren wanted something quick and noticed a McD's and suggested there not exactly what i wanted but I was getting to tired to care, so just smiled and agreed, so we headed in and a Big Mac meal for Darren and a quater pounder meal for me we were soon done and needed to head to Walmart to pick up the new camera I had ordered and some drinks & snacks to have in the room.

Holiday2009029.jpg

Camera picked up, snacks, drinks and some other bits and bobs which came to $40 we left Walmart and got back to the hotel about 10.15pm by now we were so shattered and had been up for about 24 hours, so after filling the fridge with our goodies and me messing around with my new camera for a bit and a quick shot taken to test it out

Holiday2009031.jpg

we relaxed in bed watching tv and and i think i was fast asleep within minutes of my head hitting the pillow.

Day 2 - September 2nd '09

I slept through till about 4.30am and needed to get up for a drink, back and in bed and soon back to sleep untill about 7.30-8am when both me and Darren woke up. We layed in bed for a bit with a drink watching some tv and were excited for our first full day. I got up and showered about 8am and at about 10 we were both ready to head out and get some breakfast, I picked Mimi's which I had read lots of good things about. So we drove the very short drive, parked up and went straight in to be seated. Darren decided he wanted to sit outside, so we were given one of the last 2 tables in the outside seating area which unfortunately happened to be directly in the sun & next to the trees/flowers. Drinks ordered, orange juice for me and apple juice for Darren within about 5-10 minutes we could really feel the the heat beaming down on us and then the worst thing that could possibly happen did, WASPS now both me and Darren are petrified of them and one flew on darrens tshirt doing the best he could he calmly tried to brush it off while i jumped up, dancing around like a **** embarrasing myself. It wouldnt leave Darren alone and he didn't relise but he ended up sitting on it, thankfully no sting for either of us it finally flew away. There were these HUGE bee type things also flying around the flowers that were kind of bothering us, haha yes we are wimps. The waiter came to take our order and after noticing us panicking from the local bugs flying about told us not to worry, 'yeah right' that won't put my mind at rest, Darren wasn't that hungry and just ordered a Mardi Gras omlette and I went for the Pancake breakfast (excuse the picture, i forgot to take it before i covered it in ketchup)

Holiday2009034.jpg

Unable to finish our meals as we were both stuffed, and so hot from the heat we payed the bill of $20 and soon left, noting never to sit outside again if we come back here.

Holiday2009036.jpg

We headed straight back to the hotel, to the room to slap on the sun cream and headed down to the pool about 11.30. When we got down there, it was almost empty with just 2 other people there woohoo no crowded pool and having our total pick of loungers. We picked two directly in the sun (yes, im a total sun worshiper) Darren was soon moaning he was hot, so i told him to shut up complaining i'd rather be too hot here than stuck at home with the miserable rain and hardly no sun. So he got in the pool to cool down and eventually managed to persuade me to get in, i didn't want to miss out on the sun beating down on my skin but i was getting hot laying there.

Holiday2009037.jpg

We had a great few relaxing hours by the pool and now we really felt like we was on holiday, at about 2.30pm we decided to head up to the room and freshen up grab a drink, get the stuff we needed and head to the beach. We decided on Newport (well I did, Darren didn't have a clue what beaches there were) the drive was pretty simple, straight down Harbor Blvd and took about 30mins.

Holiday2009040.jpg

All parked up we headed onto the beach which was just gorgeous and pratically empty, we put our stuff down right by the sea and went to feel how cold the water was. A foot slightly dipped in, and brr quite a shock not too warm at all. I didn't get much braver at all and only went in to about my knees.

Holiday2009050.jpg

Holiday2009052.jpg

We enjoyed being at the beach, which was so peaceful and has the most gorgeous little houses right there. If I won the lottery, i'd be straight there to buy one.

Holiday2009048.jpg

Holiday2009049.jpg

After being on the beach for a few hours, we headed to the pier area and were pretty hungry so looked for somewhere to eat.

Holiday2009060.jpg

Holiday2009059.jpg

Burger addict I was with spotted another burger place, which we went into and both ordered chicken burger & fries meal with a smoothie each which came to about $25 the food wasn't too bad and filled the whole in our stomachs, the smoothies were really nice though. After stuffing ourselves we went for a walk along the path that run along the beach infront of the houses and left Newport and headed back to our hotel around 6.30-7pm

Once back at the hotel we decided to head down to the hot tub and ended up staying there for about an hour just relaxing and talking about what a nice day we had and how it was so nice to finally been on the holiday, to our surprise about 10 minutes before we decided to get out the fireworks from Disney started, we had a lovely view and it was such a nice evening just sitting in the hot tub watching them. We went upto the room about 9.30 got changed and headed down to the bar for a drink, Pina Colada for me and Bud Light for Darren,

Holiday2009073.jpg

drinks finished and we were starting to feel shattered so headed back upto the room about 10.30 and just relaxed in bed watching tv.

Day 3 - September 3rd '09 - We finally get to Disneyland and there's a big surprise in store

Alarm going off at 7am I woke up and quickly woke Darren up with a huge smile on my face, it was one of the days i was most looking forward to of the trip as we were heading to disney :D little did I know it would also turn out to be the most memorable day of the trip.
I jumped up and in the shower and bribbed Darren out of bed with a coffee and told him to get himself in the shower and don't take ages today we had to catch the shuttle to Disneyland at 7.45 now i've been with Darren for over 3 years i really should of known this man needs longer than 45 minutes to get ready, MUCH longer. 7.30 approached and he didn't seem almost close to being ready with a few kind words (ok, more like get a bloody move on or i'm leaving without you blah blah blah) he was finally ready at 7.55pm by now i knew we had missed the shuttle and as it was magic morning i didn't think another one left until the park opened for regular hours at 9am. So we, well mainly me marched down to the front of the hotel where yep we had missed the shuttle, a hotel worker told us he'd be back soon and would be going again

Holiday2009075.jpg

About 5-10 minutes later the shuttle arrived back and the driver told us he wouldnt be going again for another hour, grrr don't these people know im dying to get to Mickey mouse? so we jumped in a taxi that was there and at last we arrived at Disneyland about 8.15am

Holiday2009062.jpg

Out of the taxi and i walked with a very fast pace to the ticket booths to exchange the City Pass vouchers i got from Virgin Holidays, tickets in hand with no problems we headed into the parks which were pretty empty. I was quite surprised they weren't more crowded as I had been told they probably would be as it was Labor day weekend & the Disney 1/2 marathon weekend

Holiday2009080.jpg

Upto Main st after a few photos, i spotted Minnie mouse with about 2 people in the que so of course I had to jump in for a photo as I had never had the oppertunity for a photo with Minnie on my previous visits to Disney parks. Mickey was also there having photos, but the que was a bit longer and i didn't feel like waiting

Holiday2009082.jpg

We headed up Main Street towards the castle and took a few more photos along the way, before heading to Fantasyland to do some rides.

Holiday2009165.jpg

Holiday2009084.jpg

Holiday2009085.jpg

One in Fantasyland we actually started to see people, but the crowds were still pretty low and most of the rides there were pretty much a walk on. We managed to do Snow white, Mr Toad, Matterhorn (well that was just me, Darrens a bit of a wimp when it comes to rides) we then headed to Tomorrowland had a bit of a look around there shops where Darren bought me a gorgeous picture frame of the Castle with Tinkerbell, a keyring and some sweets we were starting to get a bit hungry but our breakfast reservation wasn't for another 30 minutes. We then headed onto Buzz which Darren was quite obviously better than me at, he beat my score by about 5000. Once we were done on that it was just gone 9am so the park was now officially opened and we headed over to....

Holiday2009094.jpg

and straight to Indianna jones, another ride Darren wouldn't go on so as the wait time said 5 minutes i went on leaving him waiting for me at the exit. Well it must have taken 5 minutes or more just to join the que, the walk through the queing bit to where they load you on the ride was really long. Finally at the front of the que and on the ride, which I really enjoyed and back off out into the heat it was now almost 9.30 and time for breakfast at Carnation cafe for those Mickey waffles yumm, a quick look around by the exit for the wimp, Darren spotted and a fastpass for Indy grabbed for later and off we headed to Main Street to find Carnation cafe where there was quite a que thankfully we had a priority seating so didn't have to que up. We were told to wait a moment and were quickly shown to our seats and given 2 huge glasses of ice cold water, which were needed.

Holiday2009097.jpg

Holiday2009098.jpg

Our waiter came to take our order 2 cokes, Mickey waffles with bacon for me and Oscar's choice for Darren which we both really enjoyed

Holiday2009099.jpg

Holiday2009100.jpg

Food finished and bill of $25 paid, we headed back to Tomorrowland so I could grab a fastpass for Space mountain to use later another ride I knew i'd have no chance of getting Darren on then I asked him if there was anything he wanted to go on or see with a bit of a shrug from him then a few words from me he said he wouldn't mind seeing Honey, I shrunk the kids now I have seen this in Orlando and wasn't to keen when the mice came running at me but I figured I could shut my eyes and keep my legs up haha so off we went and had about a 10 minute wait till the next showing, glasses in hand we sat and waited.
Show over we headed back to Adventureland where we decided on Jungle cruise, which was good fun and only a had a few minute wait. We both really enjoyed the ride and the jokes were pretty funny (well most of them)

Holiday2009106.jpg

Holiday2009109.jpg

By now it was still only about 10.30/11am and it was starting to get extremely hot, yay i was loving the sunshine and not missing the rubbish weather we had been stuck with at home. We had a walk around Adventureland and New Orleans Sq, which was lovely and next we decided on Pirates. Darren wasn't really keen on going on this as it said you may get wet and for some stupid reason thought he was going to come of soaked but i persuaded him and on we went, walking pretty much straight on with hardly any ques again back off and we headed to Critter Country where I spotted Pooh, Rabbit & Tigger as there was a small que to meet them but none for the Winnie the pooh ride I decided to jump on the ride first, like 2 kids seated we were ready to go. Once off the ride we headed to the que to meet Winnie the pooh etc and to my surprise i even managed to persuade Darren to get he's picture with a character, there was no way he could come to Disney and not have a photo with at least one Disney character

Holiday2009133.jpg

Holiday2009129.jpg

We had a bit more of a walk around the park, looking in some shops and decided to head back to the hotel about 12pm we were at the top of Main Street near the castle when I spotted the Disneyland double decker Main Street transport was about to go, but the driver spotted us and told us to jump on next to him.

Holiday2009137.jpg

Soon at the bottom of main street we had to pop into City Hall to exchange the voucher we had been given at DL ticket booths for our city passes, I asked if they had any 1st visit buttons and the lady kindly gave me 2. Bottons, and City passes in hand we left Disney and got the shuttle back to the hotel where we went to relax by the pool which again was pretty empty with only about another 6 people there. We relaxed by the pool till about 4pm and headed up to the room to get freshened up and headed back to Disneyland at 5pm.
Got to bag search where i was given the go ahead and though Darren was behind me when i started walking towards the DL park entrance till I looked round to find him talking to a CM at bag search umm what was going on there I wonder? :confused2 he caught up with me and muttered something about he's wallet and we carried on towards the gates.

Holiday2009343.jpg

Back in the park we headed to the Main street railroad station and got the train around to Toontown, where we spent about half an hour taking pics, looking around and meeting Mickey mouse

Holiday2009143.jpg

Holiday2009142.jpg

Holiday2009140.jpg

Holiday2009144.jpg

Holiday2009146.jpg

Holiday2009153.jpg

We went for a walk through the castle and then decided to join the que for one of my favourite rides 'It's a small world' the ques were still really small which was great, we had no more than about 5-10 minute wait.

Holiday2009170.jpg

Holiday2009172.jpg

Holiday2009185.jpg

Once of IASW we were both feeling a bit hungry but as I had decided on Rainforest Cafe for dinner after park closing we decided just to get something small, 2 cokes & a hot dog each filled the gap and we just sat enjoying those, and giving our feet a rest before deciding where to head off to next. I wanted to ride Big thunder mountain but knew Darren wouldn't so hoped the que wasn't too long, we headed round there to find a 20 minute que not to bad but I didn't think Darren would want to be standing around waiting for me but he insisted he didn't mind, i was beginning to think he was getting a bit sick and bored of Disney all ready to be honest he had been really quiet most of the evening, hardly saying a word so i thought he was just being a miserable git but secretly hoping maybe it was something else, and there may have been a surprise instore but i put that at the back of mind as I doubt he's about to pull of any surprises haha i know i have very little faith in him ;) But all evening along with this quiet strange behaviour (this was strange for normally very loud and bouncy person) he also kept asking what time the fireworks were,w hat time it was now...."ahhh we're in Disneyland stop worrying what the time is, so you can get out of here and just enjoy it" is what i kept thinking.
By now it was dark and Fantasmic had started which i quite fancied watching but we went to try find a spot and Darren looked pleased that it was really crowded, i was guessing so he could make an excuse not have to watch it :angry: and yep he muttered something like "oh, its too crowded I'm not standing here squashed, let's go find a queit spot to watch the fireworks" so off we trot for a nice spot to watch the fireworks and we find a bench with nobody else about and sit down for a while chatting untill they were about to start. Darren still acting strange infact he had got worse, going all quiet, biting he's nails just not being he's normal bubbly self.
At around 8.40 they started and we stood up to enjoy them, they were absolutely beautiful. It was about halfway through when Darren started saying about how nice it was and some very nice words from him when I looked down at he's hand infront of mine and couldn't believe what I saw, i just went quiet and couldn't say anything and like the emotional mess i can be started to cry yes he had done something I had been wishing would happen for about the last year :D he asked me to marry him :heart: i had said for a while how perfect it would be to be propossed to at Disney during the fireworks and it was everything i could have imagined & more, perfect! But then he uttered the words "I'm really really sorry, but you can't wear the ring" you what, i had been waiting for this day to happen for so long and now i can't wear my ring? nooooo :cry: he had gone to buy it not relising it would take 4 weeks to order my size in and it wasn't enough time till we went so he was given the smallest size they had int he shop and once we were home we needed to go to the shop to order the correct size.
For the rest of the night I was in a total daze, for some reason no more photos were taken from about when we went to find a spot for Fantasmic. I remember we left soon after the fireworks finished and headed to Rainforest Cafe at Downtown Disney for dinner where there was about a 20-30 minute wait but it didn't matter we just sat at the bar and had some drinks and i was just in my own little bubble still in shock and i just wanted to put my ring on and tell everyone. After about 15 minutes we were seated and order taken of 2 Steak with mash potato meals, which was delicious. Bill for $70 paid and we headed back to the hotel around 11.30, and after a very long, tiring but wonderful & exciting day we called it a night.

Congratulations!!

What a great way to be proposed too. Pity about not being able to wear your ring. Have you got it yet?

Aw!! I just read your whole TR!!!

Anyways congrats to you!!:bride:

How exciting!! :goodvibes

Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you both. Jason and I got engaged at Disneyland too (in front of the castle) and I can't think of a better place to ask someone to marry you. :hug:

You have to post a pic of the ring soon - I can't wait to see!! :cheer2:

Congratulations!!

What a great way to be proposed too. Pity about not being able to wear your ring. Have you got it yet?

Not yet, i took it back as soon as we got home last saturday and they said upto 27 days :sad1:

Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you both. Jason and I got engaged at Disneyland too (in front of the castle) and I can't think of a better place to ask someone to marry you. :hug:

You have to post a pic of the ring soon - I can't wait to see!! :cheer2:

Thank you, i agree it is the most perfect place to be asked :love:

I will post a pic of the ring in a sec

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter