Calander Swap- Completed

rlovew

DIS Veteran
Due Date: This swap is due MARCH 27, 2009. Your package should be in the mail by March 20 if sending first class, March 24th if you are sending Priority. I intend to only wait one week for packages that have been delayed by our lovely postal system, before I swap out. If you mail, April 1 or later, you must send Priority and you must include DC so I can verify the shipment and keep tabs on its status. I know emergencies can happen, and those will be handled on a case by case basis. However, Murphy’s Law seems to go into effect quite regularly around here. It seems like the longer we wait to start our groups the greater the chances of something bad happening. I will have a hard time holding up the return for someone who has a majority of their work still to do, at a time when they should be focusing on whatever issue is causing the delay in the first place.

Packaging:
Pages: Sign the back of all of your pages. Put all the pages for your group into a 2 Gallon bag. Label the bag with the group and your name. I will return your pages in the same bag. You do not need to package up each page separately.
Elements/Storebought: Place your completed elements in a Ziploc with your DISname, name and group number. Take all of your baggies for a group and place them in GALLON size bag, and label with the same.

Check In: First check-in will be February 3rd, second February 17th(please be working on your prototypes bby this check in), third March 3rd, the final check in will be March 17th. If you miss a check-in, I will PM/email you. If I do not hear from you 48 hours after that, your spots will be angeled. If you are going to be away for a check-in, let me know. For the MARCH 17th check-in, please be specific with your progress, and list what you need to complete and an anticipated mailing date (If you have not mailed already). I want to have a good sense that you will be able to accomplish your groups on time, or if we are going to need angels.

Prototypes
Please post your prototype in the prototype thread by February 27th for the completed pages. When you post it if you know what the line/name of papers you are using are please post them also in case people want to match them up or people want to copy them.

Postage: Here are the prices for Flat Rate Priority Mail Shipping. Envelope - $4.95, Small Box - $4.95 (this is a new item for 2009), Standard box – $10.35, Large - $13.95. You may send to me, by any method you choose, but I would prefer to send to you using flat rate boxes/envelopes. However, if you want me to send by a different method, we can work that out. I won’t require Delivery Confirmation, UNLESS you are sending to me AFTER the swap due date. If you want your items shipped to you with DC, please include the $.65, and a filled out slip.

DO NOT include clik-it/ship-it postage. I will not be able to use it since it is only good on the day it was printed, and from the location it was printed.

Now for the fun stuff:
Groups:

Group 1: Completed Pages (12 pages)
For this group you will choose a month and make a 12 by 12 page for the month. Each page should have:
1. a title (can be a topper with the month, individual letters, a bookmark style down the page) which should be double matted and embellished.
2. mats: this can be 2- 4by6, 1-4by6 and 2 smaller mats, 1- 5by7, and 1 smaller mats, or 4 plus small mats. All of the mats should be embellished at least 1 way (see list of embellishing techniques for examples).
3. A journaling spot- this can be a tag, hidden behind something, a file folder, a matted box, a matchbook. You journaling spot should be double matted (except file folder/matchbox) and embellished twice. It should have at least a 3 by 3 inch journaling area)
3. 1 large or 2 small other elements or page enhancements
Large: border, paper piecing, pocket (for journaling tag?), shaker box, matted poem/lyric (see elements listed below for requirements)
Small: matted shapes (3), slide mounts, layered diecuts
Page enhancements: stickling background paper, embossing on page, adding flock to page, basically using the background paper embellishing instead of adding layers to it (this should only be done if using a patterned background paper.
You may use different papers for different ones to use paper you already have but please make sure that all pages are equal in quality and you would be happy to recieve any of them back.

Group 2: Elements (12 per group)

For this group you will choose a month and make page kits for someone to use to make a calendar for the year.
Each kit must include:
1.Topper/Title/Matted letters- these should be double matted and embellished
2.2 photo mat – for 4 by 6 photos, double matted and embellished twice
3.1 journaling box- with a 3by3 inch area for journaling on top of 2 mats, embellished twice, if you make a specially shaped journaling box it may be matted just once but should still be embellished twice.
4.An element for the following list:
2 Borders – 12” that can be cut down to 11”
4 Embellished Squares – largest mat should be no larger than 2”
2 Tags – no smaller than 2x3 & larger is fine; double matted plus fiber or eyelet in the hole
3 Altered Paperclips
2 Slide Mounts – cardstock or actual slide mounts; must be embellished but not double matted & the Sizzix dies are fine
1 Mini File Folder – embellished but need not be double matted
1 Library Pocket & Tag - embellished but need not be double matted, tag should be double matted
1 Matted Poem/Lyric/Quote – text area must be no smaller than 2½ x 3½ (no handwriting)
1 Shaker Box
1 Paper Piecing

NO hand written lettering on ANY items. Please use computer fonts, rub-ons, or stamps.

And most important have fun!!

Players:

Mailed back to you: :woohoo:
You have it back: :love:

JennyL: 1 :love:
rlovew: 1, 2 :love:
Calanniebu: 1 :love:

Diana Lyn: 1 :love:
SusieStone: 1 :love:
BernardandMissBianca: 1 :love:
Arizona Rita: 1, 2 :love:
123SA: 1, 2 :love:
AlexWyattMommy: 1, 2:love:

PrincessNancy96: 1 :love:
Tinkerbean: 1 :love:

Princess Jayne: 2 :love:
MazdaUK: 2 :love:

Rebecca

Group 1:
January: JennyL
February: rlovew
March: rlovew
April: Calanniebu
May: Diana Lyn
June: SusieStone
July: PrincessNancy96
August:BernardandMissBianca
September: Arizona Rita
October: 123SA
November: AlexWyattMommy
December: Tinkerbean

Group 2: - closed- make 6 of each month- we will all do 2 months
January: Princess Jayne
February: 123SA
March: rlovew
April: Princess Jayne
May: rlovew
June: MazdaUK
July: AlexWyattMommy
August: Arizona Rita
September: MazdaUK
October: AlexWyattMommy
November: Arizona Rita
December: 123SA

I'd like Group 1 - November.

I'll make something different for any UK/international swappers.

Can I take September Group 2 (elements) please:goodvibes

OK - I'll bite.

Can I have December in group one please...

As long as this paper
bc93_1.JPG
will work for April - I'll take it! :-)

I love that paper:goodvibes I used to have a blouse a bit like that:rotfl:

For just the complete pages - what if we each took two months and made six pages for them? Do you think that would help draw in more people if they knew they didn't need to find 12 of one thing?

If you do, I am happy to drop out of the first group [since it already has seven] and start the second group. :) With November & October.

For just the complete pages - what if we each took two months and made six pages for them? Do you think that would help draw in more people if they knew they didn't need to find 12 of one thing?

If you do, I am happy to drop out of the first group [since it already has seven] and start the second group. :) With November & October.

Let's see how sign-ups go today and then we can look at that if we need to. Again people don't need to use the exact same paper on each of them.

Rebecca

I can do either way with the whole pages, 12 of the same or 6 each of 2 designs. Just let me know what the final decision is.

I'd prefer to just do one month ... saves on the creativity time if I don't have to try to come up with two different months. :) Plus I already bought paper for my group - I got it at the Mike's 7 for a $1 sale :-)

If you do this idea, I'll join group 2 with January and February. If it stays the same I'll have to debate what month I want-thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter