• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bye Y'all!! AKA the Blinks Play by Play Trip Report

OK BAMB, DH is upset w/ you.. He said you know you are supposed to be checking in every hour w/ him... as he wants photos of the hotel... your ears should be burning... LOL

OMG, we may have just really converted him!!! OH and tell DS9, he better not eat all the peeled shrimp because Auntie Nan needs that! (No, I don't want him to send it back, tell him to make sure they keep it on ice for me!)

Tell the kids Auntie Nan is awaiting her text photos... Oh shoot that reminds me.. Need to print off your DS13's photo from Halloween for mom..she wanted to see it... I was raving about it!

I remember the Swan and Dolphin being on the same side of the "river" as the Beach Club and across from the Boardwalk.

I took the boat from SDV at the Beach Club. We went to the Swan and Dolphin first before going to DHS.

I too would love photos of the Swan & Dolphin. I know it is a HUGE hotel. Was wondering what the walking was like inside. Is it worth the price savings?

It would for us because I have been told we can get 5 in a room there....so it's definitely fits w/in our budget....

We have never stayed on site....so I have NO clue where anything is.. I believe I also read we can get to Epcot rather quickly from the Swan & Dolphin...

Bernard here, just a quick update while we're waiting for dinner. Good day at MGM (yes , it's still MGM to us LOL). DD is effectively comatose in the booth at Brown Derby... ?8-)

DS8 had a meltdown on Rockin Rollercoaster... Last trip it was because he couldn't ride, this time he wouldn't.

Standby times for Toy Story Mania were 120 min! ?8-O...
Good thing we got FP's before they ran out.

Food looks really yummy, pics later... Of course I *should* be able to just insert them directly from my iPhone using the eTicket App, but I guess that will have to be a feature request.

Woohoo!!!

I got to text w/ BAMB during the basketball game... OMG! Buffy, I wish I could have called our cheerblock was a hoot!!!!! The basketball coach was so proud of the kids that he actually huddled them up after the game and had a call out before they could leave and he went to the locker room!!!!

Can't wait to see photos... 120 minutes.. Oh my!!! Good thing for fast passes...

How are the Osbourne Lights???

The S&D are on the same side of cresant lake as Yacht and Beach and across from the Boardwalk. I enjoyed staying there the time we did- the parking is very high but if you don't have a car it doesn't matter. You can easily walk to MGM and Epcot- although it is probably a 10-15 minute walk either way.

Parking very high? Literally high or payment wise? Yes, totally newbie to on-site staying! LOL

I think it cost us $15 a day and I think we stayed 2 nights and so we were there for 3 days- $45 for parking- the cost is high. I think if you are out of the lot by 10am they don't charge you for your check out day. The hotels are on a bit of a hill so you actually park down from the hotel entrance. The first floor- where we stayed was downstairs from the entrance- I think 2 floors down. The Disney owned hotels are free parking (well included in the room price) and S&D don't offer Magical Express.

Ok, that may change some plans... I knew ME didn't go that way because I had inquired w/ BAMB the other day..... I didn't think about paying for parking...so we may re-evaluate when we grab our rental.. it may be easier to shorten the rental time and grab a town car.... we'll have to look into to.. thank you for the heads up....

The website said $10 for parking AND you have to pay $10 a day for a "resort" fee. The resort fee gives you your internet access, fitness room access, local calls for x minutes, some other calling for x minutes and :woohoo: two bottles of water. :rotfl2:

The $10 a day for internet access is in line for WDW resorts $9.95 a day for it. But with WDW, you don't have to pay for it if you don't want it. No choice about paying at the Swan or Dolphin.

:rolleyes1 I've been playing their website all evening.

Even taking into account the parking and resort fees, the pricing is about $50 less than the WL per night. Need to figure out if not having a balcony or easy access to the transportation is a problem. The WL is so tiny, everything is an easy walk.

Talk to my mom - we did the Swan/Dolphin one year. She might have tips... and she should see this at some point.

BAMB, thanks for the updates!!! Chef Mickey's is now on my list too - I love character meals!

The website said $10 for parking AND you have to pay $10 a day for a "resort" fee. The resort fee gives you your internet access, fitness room access, local calls for x minutes, some other calling for x minutes and :woohoo: two bottles of water. :rotfl2:

The $10 a day for internet access is in line for WDW resorts $9.95 a day for it. But with WDW, you don't have to pay for it if you don't want it. No choice about paying at the Swan or Dolphin.

:rolleyes1 I've been playing their website all evening.

Even taking into account the parking and resort fees, the pricing is about $50 less than the WL per night. Need to figure out if not having a balcony or easy access to the transportation is a problem. The WL is so tiny, everything is an easy walk.

Other than Magical Express you get Disney transportation so that is not bad. I know people complain about it but my DH always parks the car on the first day and we never move it again until we leave. He loves Disney transportation and finds it is almost always faster than driving. Except for very early breakfast reservations at some of the resorts it really is not that hard to get places.

:rotfl2: It's the walking TO the transportation. :rotfl2:

Even the farthest point inside WL is an easy walk to the bus or boat.

The Swan or Dolphin look HUGE and I can't tell where the boat or bus loading is.

We love the Disney Transportation too. Loved being able to park the minivan and not have to look for parking anymore during the vacation. We did figure out that the quickest way to get from WL to the Beach Club was to take a bus to the MK and then use the BC bus from there. :thumbsup2 Works fine for an afternoon or evening meal. Mornings I think we would have to take a taxi.

Does the Swan or Dolphin still feel like Disney?

The nice thing about the Swan/Dolphin, though, is that you can walk to Epcot and MGM. We've thought about staying at them before, but don't like having to pay a parking fee.

DH suggested if we decided to stay at S&D that we just utilize a town car until we need the rental to go to Grams.....

I need to do some major research.... DH said he doesn't mind paying for internet access... resort fees don't bother him at all.... he lumps them in w/ regular taxes. LOL I think he tries to make it soften the blow to his wallet!

Great report!
A couple of questions~ What is Tables in Wonderland? We are AP holders at DL and we dont have that.
Are you there through Christmas and how are you handling the Santa thing?

and an opinion~ We LOVE Brown Derby, its a must do for us and if you have dessert, the Banans Foster dessert is like the plate good!!

Have a great day!

We wrote to Santa and told him we were here. The family gifts (wink wink) have been shipped and should be here Tuesday.

Hey girl!!!!

Ok, so The Swan and Dolphin are close to the Boardwalk? The ESPN food place?? This is on DS13's list of MUST eat at this year... you know the sports fanatic he is...
DH wants more photos of the hotel... He is liking it!!! ;)

Love the photo of Mickey....
DH actually liked the photos so much he said that if we can save the money we can go DD's senior year at Christmas!!!!!! Ok, no problem.. When we return from summer vacation.. starting July 15th, we are saving for the next vacation.. humm, does he not realize I can have enough saved for the following Christmas???? Surprise present???

Yes it's near ESPN. And I have already started planning the Blinks and Princess's trips. LOL

OK BAMB, DH is upset w/ you.. He said you know you are supposed to be checking in every hour w/ him... as he wants photos of the hotel... your ears should be burning... LOL

OMG, we may have just really converted him!!! OH and tell DS9, he better not eat all the peeled shrimp because Auntie Nan needs that! (No, I don't want him to send it back, tell him to make sure they keep it on ice for me!)

Tell the kids Auntie Nan is awaiting her text photos... Oh shoot that reminds me.. Need to print off your DS13's photo from Halloween for mom..she wanted to see it... I was raving about it!

working on pics. I'll take pics of the room after it's been clean though. LOL

Parking very high? Literally high or payment wise? Yes, totally newbie to on-site staying! LOL

checking on it.

:rotfl2: It's the walking TO the transportation. :rotfl2:

Even the farthest point inside WL is an easy walk to the bus or boat.

The Swan or Dolphin look HUGE and I can't tell where the boat or bus loading is.

We love the Disney Transportation too. Loved being able to park the minivan and not have to look for parking anymore during the vacation. We did figure out that the quickest way to get from WL to the Beach Club was to take a bus to the MK and then use the BC bus from there. :thumbsup2 Works fine for an afternoon or evening meal. Mornings I think we would have to take a taxi.

Does the Swan or Dolphin still feel like Disney?

Yes it totally still feels like Disney.
And it's not that bad of a walk, I promise!!

OK, updating in a minute. DD needs a bath!

Hey girl!!!

How are my niece and nephew???

You are a gem.... I've got my plans together...they will go into effect in July when we return!! It will be a surprise....I usually tell DD everything...so I'll have to really bite my tongue on this one! She'll be thrilled....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter