Bye Y'all!! AKA the Blinks Play by Play Trip Report

BernardandMissBianca

Rum makes math fun!
Headed out super early, or Sunny Dark as DS8 would say.

I hope everyone has a great holiday, what ever you celebrate!!!

See ya real soon!

I wish to see you real soon, down in WDW, but alas we will be staying in the cold dark tundra.

Have a great time!

Just wanted to say we made it in one piece! Bumpy ride the whole way down but the plane was 1/2 empty.

Headed to DTD to grab lunch.
Already had a magical experience standing in line at check in. Joe Magic entertained the kids while we checked in.

:yay: I was so excited to receive the txt you were safe and the magic had already begun!!!

Can you grab me a dole whip soon.. I'm really craving one BIG TIME!!!

Welcome to Florida, Buffy! I'm so sorry I'll have to miss seeing you this trip, our schedules suddenly got jam-packed, but I know you and your family will have the best time :goodvibes

Just wanted to say we made it in one piece! Bumpy ride the whole way down but the plane was 1/2 empty.

Headed to DTD to grab lunch.
Already had a magical experience standing in line at check in. Joe Magic entertained the kids while we checked in.

..Who's Joe Magic? :confused3

..Who's Joe Magic? :confused3

An employee at the Dolphin. He was awesome!!!

I think I'm going to use this thread for notes since I can login in and post from the new WDW App.

Room 1 was ready but Room 2 was not so we dumped everything into room 1 and headed to DTD for lunch. We have a great view of the Beach club from here. To the left is the light house and to the right is the Boardwalk sign and the back side of Atlantic Dance Hall. Straight ahead is the bridge that looks like a ship with sails.

DSC_0007-8.jpg

We ate at Earl of Sandwich which seems to be becoming a tradition of ours. It was excellent as usual. It was busy but the line moved quickly due to the prompting of several cast members hurrying people along. DS13 got the holiday sandwich which was turkey and Dressing. DS9,8 and DD3 got tuna melt and DH and I got originals.

After lunch we headed down to Guest Relations to get the kids their tickets and to get the Tables in Wonderland card. If you are an Annual Passholder I highly recommend this! We saved $25 at Chef Mickey's tonight. The cost was $75 but it will pay for it's self by tomorrow.
Next we tooled around DTD, showed the kids T-Rex, went to the Lego store, etc. It rained on and off so we just hung out in stores while it was heavy. We figured out how to get DD potty trained!!! She saw the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique there and freaked out when we said she couldn't go because she wasn't potty trained. Oh she didn't like that one bit! LOL A friend of ours is a Fairy Godmother in training so we are going to try to track her down so she can show DD what she's missing.
At 5:30 we headed out for Chef Mickey's and stopped at the Christmas Store along the way to get a tree topper. The store seems to have thinned out a bit but they still have some really cute stuff there. As soon as we got on the bus DD fell asleep, like total dead weight asleep. LOL We started second guessing and wondering if we should just head back to the room but DS9 had picked this as his one meal choice so we stuck with it. As we arrived the kids woke up a bit at the thought of seeing Mickey. DD was most excited! We walked right in and no one was waiting. We got our pic taken, and it turned out darn cute too! And sat on the most comfy couch ever!!! If WDW ever gets rid of it, I am sooo on it! I tried to convince them to bring me my food there but no dice so we got seated towards the back of the place, which was new for us. Our waiter was Todd and he was funny, efficient, and was an over all great guy.
Mickey was up first and DD was over the moon! He was in a great mood and very playful. Then came Donald who was awesome too. Then was Pluto and Minnie almost at the same time. They were sweet as could be. DD pointed out to Mickey and said "There's your husband Minnie" and I said no, they are not married. Well Minnie starts pointing to her finger and tsking at Mickey. LOL
Goofy came last and was a riot and a half!! He was giving the wait staff a hard time, walking into doors, playing games with the kids, etc. Funny!!
The food was perfect. The kids filled up on fruit and peeled shrimp. DS9 didn't know where to turn. All in a row was Salmon, beef tips and egg noodles, and carrots. They are all his favorites.
The salmon was yummy, the shrimp of course was fab. DH got the roast beef and red beans and rice with sausage. Both were very good.
After dessert of Mickey Mounds (a must have), the kids got a second wind so we walked around outside the Contemporary. We took a pic of the tree out front and DD saw the castle all light up. She started jumping up and down a screaming "I see Disney World!! I see Disney World!!" She was so excited, it was sooo cute! It's really not Disney World until we are at Magic Kingdom.
Next we headed towards Bay Lake Towers and took a pic of the huge Mickey Wreath. According to the Disney special we saw, it is the largest wreath ever on Disney property. It is breathtaking!

DSC_0066-2.jpg

DSC_0091-1.jpg

DSC_0108-1.jpg

We headed towards MK to catch a bus back to the Dolphin and DS13 needed to use the rest room so we headed toward the security checkpoint because it started to rain. Met a nice Cast Member named Al from Brooklyn, NY. So we chatted for a bit while I waited for the boys then we headed out for "home".
Got in, straightened out the room, squashed a fight between DS8 and 9 and sent the to bed.

Tomorrow is MGM!! We are eating at the Brown Derby for dinner too, which is a first for us.

:thumbsup2

How COOL!! A trip report from the Blinks!! We always do Chef Mickey's the first night. It's become tradition...

Have a great day today Buffy and Family! Can't wait for the next installment!

I love the trip report with pictures!!!!! Sounds like an awesome time. We are heading to WDW in 2 weeks and your pictures are making me want to get there NOW!!!!

Have a fun time at Hollywood Studios today!!

Glad you had a great day! I think that the wreath there is awesome both during the day and lit up at night- we saw it when we were up for my birthday. Chef Mickey's sounded good- I will have to try it someday but it may not be for a few years yet.

Rebecca

Great report!
A couple of questions~ What is Tables in Wonderland? We are AP holders at DL and we dont have that.
Are you there through Christmas and how are you handling the Santa thing?

and an opinion~ We LOVE Brown Derby, its a must do for us and if you have dessert, the Banans Foster dessert is like the plate good!!

Have a great day!

Tables in Wonderland is a discount card for most of the table service restaurants at WDW. You save 20% on your bill (I think that's the amount). I've had one for the past few years and it's very easy to save a lot more than you paid for the card in the first place.

The Brown Derby is awesome- we have been there a couple of times and really enjoy it- definately the place DH wants to eat if we are eating at MGM- normally we don't stay long enough to eat.

Rebecca

I am loving the trip report.

I totally saw the Princess jumping up and down with excitement. And the pouting foot stomping little Princess who can't do the Boutique until potty trained. But I like the first one bestest.

Thank you for sharing. We have never done Chef Mickey. It is now on the list.

Hey girl!!!!

Ok, so The Swan and Dolphin are close to the Boardwalk? The ESPN food place?? This is on DS13's list of MUST eat at this year... you know the sports fanatic he is...
DH wants more photos of the hotel... He is liking it!!! ;)

Love the photo of Mickey....
DH actually liked the photos so much he said that if we can save the money we can go DD's senior year at Christmas!!!!!! Ok, no problem.. When we return from summer vacation.. starting July 15th, we are saving for the next vacation.. humm, does he not realize I can have enough saved for the following Christmas???? Surprise present???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter