Bring back the good o' days, Things ..........

I watched this one, but it always sort of creeped me out. I mean really, what were those weird people doing talking to the giant freakish costumed animal things?? LOL
- The New Zoo Review... haven't thought of htat in a LONG time!

Anybody remember "The Great Space Coaster?"

No Gnu's is good gnu's with Gary..... Gnu.

I love this stuff!

If you can't tell by my avatar, Puff N Stuff truely affected me!

What was that toy that was like a "Viewmaster" but it looked more like a hand held camcorder. You put a "8-track" looking thing in the end of it and you looked through one hole (as opposed to two in the viewmaster) and you would wind/crank through the movie. You could make the movie (cartoon) go backwards or forawrds. I Had MANY Disney ones. The ones that stand out are Cinderella and Mickey's haunted house somethign or other.. with many ghosts.

Anybody remember this???? BTW, it was definitely a 70's toy. I was born Jan 19, 1970. I also had a viewmaster AND a Show and Tell ... the latter being my prize possesion. Again, MANY Disney recoreds/slides. Really good stuff. All ruined by bad storage. <crying eyes out>

Found one on eBay for you:

http://cgi.ebay.com/FISHER-PRICE-MO...goryZ374QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Disney cartridges and everything! (Since Viewer is spelled incorrectly in the title, you may get a good deal) My brother had one of these.

I remember I had this thing that was large with a screen. You put in a filmstrip and played a record with it (45rpm), and I definitely had Alice in Wonderland (though, not the Disney version) on this thing. I was about 4 (1972) so it isn't crystal clear what this was called. Anyone know what I am talking about?

Samantha

Stairway to Heaven was always the first song that teenagers wanted to play when they were learning how to play the guitar. Gues what? It it still is! All three of my teen nephews learned that song right from the get-go! Their eyes about popped out of their heads when I picked up the guitar and played it, too.

I remember going to see "The Song Remains The Same" (Led Zeppelin) at the midnight movies many times.

I loved those Midnight movies - we saw Rocky Horror a lot also!

So, now my 2 favorite bands are touring - Led Zep and Van Halen! OK, LZ is one show only in England, but I will definitely be in the audience of Van Halen!!! Do they still hold up lit lighters? Do you think the average age in the venue will be around 45? :rotfl2:

Anyone from NYC remember Laser Light shows from the 80's? They were at the (then) Hayden planetarium at the Museum of Natural History. We saw Laser Floyd, Laser Zeppelin, Laser Halen, Lazer Who and others. It was a psychedelic laser light show choreographed to the music of each band. We went almost every Friday!!

Samantha

I remember I had this thing that was large with a screen. You put in a filmstrip and played a record with it (45rpm), and I definitely had Alice in Wonderland (though, not the Disney version) on this thing. I was about 4 (1972) so it isn't crystal clear what this was called. Anyone know what I am talking about?

OK, answered my own question. It was the GE Phono viewer (Show N Tell), and I found this link to an auction for it, if anyone is interested.

http://cgi.ebay.com/General-Electri...goryZ307QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I should have taken better care of my toys! They are all selling for quite a bit on eBay!

Samantha

Found one on eBay for you:

http://cgi.ebay.com/FISHER-PRICE-MO...goryZ374QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Disney cartridges and everything! (Since Viewer is spelled incorrectly in the title, you may get a good deal) My brother had one of these.

Samantha

I am TOTALLY bidding on that thing right now!

The thing you're asking about is in my post from earlier. I loved that thing! It was called a "show and tell" or maybe "show 'n tell"

I'll look it up on Ebay for you! http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=show+n+tell&category0=

That's a search I did for it.... I decided against buying one for my kids even though I wanted it to bad.. I figured it was too much money for nostalgia since they probably would think it was boring. I LIVED on mine!
Melissa

Melissa

I am TOTALLY bidding on that thing right now!

The thing you're asking about is in my post from earlier. I loved that thing! It was called a "show and tell" or maybe "show 'n tell"

I'll look it up on Ebay for you! http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=show+n+tell&category0=

That's a search I did for it.... I decided against buying one for my kids even though I wanted it to bad.. I figured it was too much money for nostalgia since they probably would think it was boring. I LIVED on mine!
Melissa

Melissa

OMG! My friend G had that when we were little, I loved it.

So, now my 2 favorite bands are touring - Led Zep and Van Halen! OK, LZ is one show only in England, but I will definitely be in the audience of Van Halen!!! Do they still hold up lit lighters? Do you think the average age in the venue will be around 45? :rotfl2:

Anyone from NYC remember Laser Light shows from the 80's? They were at the (then) Hayden planetarium at the Museum of Natural History. We saw Laser Floyd, Laser Zeppelin, Laser Halen, Lazer Who and others. It was a psychedelic laser light show choreographed to the music of each band. We went almost every Friday!!

Samantha

OMG...was so ther and done that!!! I remember that I could not wait until my parents thought I was old enough to go with my brother. It was a blast when I finally could go! Great memory! :rotfl2:

........... I miss from my childhood

1) sticking to the plastic covers on the sofa

2) almost being blinded by the glass balls on click clacks.

3) frying on the beach cause we didn't know what "spf" was-- we used tanning oils.

Really was great growing up in the 60's and 70's

I can't believe someone else had click clacks!!:rotfl: I had a blue pair, my brother had purple, and my sister had green. They're at my parents house somewhere, I'm sure, because they never throw anything away.

Samantha

My cousins and I would drive up to the Hollywood hills (Griffith Park Observatory) for this Laser Light show... don't remember much of it though :sad2: I was a bad girl back in the day. Goodtimes....

I was sitting at the pediatrician office with my son and a vision came to me.

I was back in grade school--
in Gym class and I was wearing........................... A ONE PIECE BLUE GYM ROMPER:faint: :eek: :scared1: --- required gym clothes back than---

anyone else subjected to this fashion nightmare.

ARG!!! MY EYES MY EYES....why did I need to read this.....we HATED that gym uniform!!!! We had to wear it in HIGH SCHOOL!!!!!

Do you recall the barbie that kissed? You pressed a button on her back:love:

I still have that one - she came with "lipstick" and little cardboard envelopes that said S.W.A.K. (sealed with a kiss) on them - her dress was pink with a pale pink chiffon overskirt with kisses on it, unfortunately I don't have the dress anymore

Oh little playmate come out and play with me was the tune we did those hand smakcing games too!

OMG - can you remember the rest of the words?

something about "I'll bring my dollies, three - climb up the apple tree" and "slide down the cellar door" - I was trying to teach my kids this a few weeks ago and I can't remember squat

NEVERMIND - I should have read further down, I found the words

one of my favorite memories was going to my Grandpa's house every week and he'd let me watch Real People, Dukes of Hazzard and the Muppet Show

OMG - can you remember the rest of the words?

something about "I'll bring my dollies, three - climb up the apple tree" and "slide down the cellar door" - I was trying to teach my kids this a few weeks ago and I can't remember squat

one of my favorite memories was going to my Grandpa's house every week and he'd let me watch Real People, Dukes of Hazzard and the Muppet Show

They really need to bring back the Muppet Show!!!!! I think kids would love it! I miss Beeker....and the Sweedish Chef myself....It would be the new cool version with special guests like Justin Timberlake or Mylie Cyrus, etc.

I very vividly remember the roller skating party where I thought I was totally hot stuff (in 3rd grade, no less) in a florescent pink top with a telephone cord belt around my waist.

I skated to "Like a Virgin" and felt totally scandalous! Then I was over the moon with a cute boy asked me to hold his hand and skate to "Against All Odds".

Oh yeah, and we took breaks to get a drink called a "Suicide" which was strawberry soda and grape soda mixed together.

I still have that one - she came with "lipstick" and little cardboard envelopes that said S.W.A.K. (sealed with a kiss) on them - her dress was pink with a pale pink chiffon overskirt with kisses on it, unfortunately I don't have the dress anymore

In first grade, I remember chasing Eric Cooper and trapping him at the monkey bars (upon which I dangled for entire recesses by my legs over concrete :eek: ) and kissing him and saying, "I had to kiss you because I'm Kissing Barbie today." I really had game when I was 6, didn't I!

Samantha

Now the concert-goes use their cell phones as "light ups" instead of lighters. How lame is that?? LOL I'd love to go see them again! I have old concert ticket stubs from the 80s. I saw VH five times and met David Lee Roth (after VH broke up) after winning a contest on the radio (limo ride, backstage passes, etc..) One time my friends and I spent the night in line to buy VH concert tickets so we could be in the front row. We did get front seats, too! That was in 1980! :eek:

About the lazer shows, I had never seen one, but on the TV series called "Freaks & Geeks" (came out in the late 90s but the show took place in 1980), the teens all went to a lazer light show. Some of the concert tours did have lots of lazer back then though. The band Kansas comes to mind.

I loved the new kids on the block had my room covered in pictures also slept in the sheets. I now use the sheets to transport the animals to the vet:rotfl:

I had a sleeping bag, a giant poster of Joey and one of those enormous pins with Joey on it. Yeah, i thought I was super cool.

does any one remember making paper bracelets out of chewing gun wrappers???
any one remember how to fold them???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter