bridge GF to MK

Oh my goodness it is so exciting :jumping1:

Lets hope for a quick build haha

I wouldn't hold your breath haha. Look how long it's taking them just to widen the path next to Cinderella castle! To create a whole new path, with potentially a swing bridge? Probably won't be done until sometime next year.

This will be a process. This is part of the entire MK entrance overhaul. They need to build the new security areas as well.

Exactly, I'm curious though if they would open the pathway before everything is complete. I imagine they are shooting to have the overhaul completed by the 50th, but I can't imagine the swing bridge taking over 2 years.

I wouldn't hold your breath haha. Look how long it's taking them just to widen the path next to Cinderella castle! To create a whole new path, with potentially a swing bridge? Probably won't be done until sometime next year.

No worries, no breath holding! Just a hopeful wish sent out to the inter-webs lol. As long as it looks like steady work is getting done I'm okay waiting impatiently lol

a swing bridge won't be quick to make(though I bet a lot will be built off site), plus you need the rest of the path to GF from the bridge.

I am 100% expecting this pathway to be completed sometime next summer. As rteetz said, it's part of the entrance overhaul that will take a while.

Between the bridge/path and the Floridian Way extension to Reams Rd, it strikes me that there's a conspicuously resort-sized piece of land now north of GF and west of the Water Pageant canal.

We're probably many years away but I would not be surprised to see another Magic Kingdom resort right by this walking path.

Between the bridge/path and the Floridian Way extension to Reams Rd, it strikes me that there's a conspicuously resort-sized piece of land now north of GF and west of the Water Pageant canal.

We're probably many years away but I would not be surprised to see another Magic Kingdom resort right by this walking path.
That wouldn't surprise me either. Another MK resort has been rumored for some time and now that we are finally getting the River Country hotel it could happen.

Grand Floridian Tower on Seven Seas lagoon?

That is a nice size piece of land but it would have to have short buildings because its extremely close to backstage where we aren't "supposed" to see

Getting the foundations in place typically takes most of the construction time. While there are several styles of swing bridges (center pivot, single counterbslance, gate type etc), most of this size arrive in modular sections and assemble quickly. controls, wiring and testing typically take more time than assembly

My guess is that it will be a "gate" type (2 arms meetng in the center) since the span is limited

It's just so nice to know this is real, even if it's a ways off.

Wasn't there supposed to be a resort between the GF location and the MK in the 1970s? Or am I thinking about the Persian-themed one meant to go out by Tomorrowland?

It's just so nice to know this is real, even if it's a ways off.

Wasn't there supposed to be a resort between the GF location and the MK in the 1970s? Or am I thinking about the Persian-themed one meant to go out by Tomorrowland?
The GF is on the location of that resort, which was supposed to be the Asian Resort. The Persian Themed would have been North of CR near where the Monorail rail yard is. Then there was a Venetian/Mediterranean (reimagined) on the land between CR and TTC (which is unsuitable land for development).

The GF is on the location of that resort, which was supposed to be the Asian Resort. The Persian Themed would have been North of CR near where the Monorail rail yard is. Then there was a Venetian/Mediterranean (reimagined) on the land between CR and TTC (which is unsuitable land for development).
Speaking of that land between CR and the TTC, Why don't they build a walkway there? then people could fully loop the lagoon.

And does anybody know what kind of bridge the train uses when it crosses part of the canal near big thunder? The steamboat has to go through there for service. Screenshot_20190724-093613_Earth.jpg

Speaking of that land between CR and the TTC, Why don't they build a walkway there? then people could fully loop the lagoon.

The problem there is the water bridge. It's pretty tight under there and I don't believe there is enough room under it without extensive engineering modifications. The walkway would need to be on the 7 seas lagoon side to avoid guests crossing the road. They do need to cross the road from the CR to MK but that area is not as busy as from between the TTC and CR/MK.

The problem there is the water bridge. It's pretty tight under there and I don't believe there is enough room under it without extensive engineering modifications. The walkway would need to be on the 7 seas lagoon side to avoid guests crossing the road. They do need to cross the road from the CR to MK but that area is not as busy as from between the TTC and CR/MK.

It's not pretty but there technically is a sidewalk under the water bridge already.

If they did more of a path over on that side they could connect from TTC towards Wilderness Lodge (& thus connecting to Reflections and Ft Wilderness too). A simple sidewalk extension from there towards Contemporary is doable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter