bridge GF to MK

Wow. Thanks for pics BaymaxFan!

I am stunned how fast they appear to be making progress. (Admittedly, I have low expectations for WDW construction progress, generally.)

My family is not as keen on GF as Epcot resorts because of the inability to walk to a park. This will change my mind.

i hope its completed by Nov for my stay, it appears they are making good progress. They probably want to get this done quickly in case they decide to continue to refurbish monorails and take a few out of service. especially in preparation for the 50th

I'm sure it's probably been mentioned somewhere in this thread, but does anyone know if the path to nowhere is open while they are working on this project?

i hope its completed by Nov for my stay, it appears they are making good progress. They probably want to get this done quickly in case they decide to continue to refurbish monorails and take a few out of service. especially in preparation for the 50th

I wouldn't count on November. The bridge is moving along, but they still have to build a second bridge closer to GF and then complete the path between the two bridges and then from the second bridge to GF.

If it ever happens I'll be more than happy to come back here and eat my fair share of crow, but I'd like to point out that Disney has filed many a permit for projects that never came to fruition, so I'll stand by the statements I've made until such time as they're proven conclusively wrong.

^ This

Who at Disney confirmed that the purpose of this permit is to build a walkway?

The site/location on this permit - issued by the stormwater department - is, yes, Grand Floridian to MK Walkway. This does not seem to be a department that would have anything to do with issuing construction permits.

I don't have your inside knowledge, but I agree with your analysis. If we're wrong I'd be happy to share that crow with you. I'll bring the wine.

^ ...and this.

I see a lot of "seems" and "reportedly"s - but could you please provide the official announcement? With the name of the person making it?
There was no official announcement. I belive this is considered part of the MK entrance overhaul.

If you are still in denial, take a monorail ride around the lake. If you look at the canal where the EWP comes out, you can see the actual bridge waiting to be installed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts