Bridge being built from MK to Grand Floridian

FSU Girl

DIS Veteran
I didn’t see any mention of this but just read an article said Disney finally is building a bridge to connect Grand Floridian to Magic Kingdom. Disney has filed a permit, but that’s all the info it said

For what it's worth, on our last trip, March/April this year, we were told by both a front desk cm and a club level cm that the walkway was being completed some time in the near future. We didn't bring it up to either one. They offered this information completely randomly during conversation.

Look, just because people have been asking for this for years, many CMs have said that it's happening, and there's a big-a*s crane right on site obviously busily doing some major construction, does not necessarily mean that it's going to come true.
Too funny -
But I do hope it’s true!

It's weird, people are really in denial about this!
No body is in denial that it might happen
People are in denial that it IS announced as happening
Two different things
At this moment there is no definitive proof out of Disney that it is happening
Until that, many simply don't follow rumors and speculation

Laughing place had on the website confirmation from a Disney official. Lots of construction pics out there at this point.

I hope it really does happen, would be FANTASTIC!
Official word or simply that they heard something from an official?
Remember too that is the website that has a travel list that offers routes between places that don't exist

No body is in denial that it might happen
People are in denial that it IS announced as happening
Two different things
At this moment there is no definitive proof out of Disney that it is happening
Until that, many simply don't follow rumors and speculation

Yeah, I could link a post from another site that has all the information from the permit that outlines what's being done (two types of bridges), but I don't think I can link a post.

I apparently do follow rumors and speculation. :)

Official word or simply that they heard something from an official?
Remember too that is the website that has a travel list that offers routes between places that don't exist

Look, I've read enough that I believe this is happening. If it doesn't, so be it, I didn't invest any money in it. :rotfl:

I snapped those from the monorail. I had heard the rumors. I'm wondering if they're going to do a gradual bridge so it can be handicap accessible and not a draw bridge theyd have to staff when the electrical water pageant passes under it.

Laughing place had on the website confirmation from a Disney official. Lots of construction pics out there at this point.

I hope it really does happen, would be FANTASTIC!

OLP didn't identify the Disney spokesperson. That makes me leery of any claim.

I can find the permit, and while the location is indeed GF to MK walkway, the permit was issued by the stormwater department.

As I said either above or in another, similar thread, when the walkway is announced by Disney, or in the Orlando Sentinel, or when www.wdwinfo.com, allears.net, mousesavers.com, etc, I will believe it.

OLP didn't identify the Disney spokesperson. That makes me leery of any claim.

I can find the permit, and while the location is indeed GF to MK walkway, the permit was issued by the stormwater department.

As I said either above or in another, similar thread, when the walkway is announced by Disney, or in the Orlando Sentinel, or when www.wdwinfo.com, allears.net, mousesavers.com, etc, I will believe it.
Its reportedly coming. Yes they do need a South Florida Water Management permit but it is supposed to be part of the MK entrance overhaul.

Okay, fine. Until an official source is cited by one of the sources I indicated, I remain skeptical. Seriously, if it's official, why hasn't this site reported it?

Well, I just want it!
It would very much influence where we stay.
We mostly stay at the Epcot resorts because we love walking to the parks.
Contemporary is also a favorite because of the walk to MK.
I would love it if the Grand and the Poly could be added to our mix more often!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter