• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bridge being built from MK to Grand Floridian

Is it more than 2 miles? I guess it's hard for me to tell just eyeballing it on Google Maps. I'd be ok with a mile, mile and a half or so.

I estimate the walk at about 1.6 miles using google maps. It's hard to estimate the exact walking path or how fast you could do the walk. It is less than 2 miles though. With all the walking you're already doing I'd definitely be waiting for a boat or monorail myself. I already walk 7 to 10 miles a day there. No need to add another 1.5-2 on top of that.

100 percent, I would. I hate leaving Magic Kingdom after fireworks or at park close and waiting for the ferry or monorail back to the TTC. (I'm a local annual passholder.) I'd much rather walk around the lagoon than be packed in like sardines in the waiting areas, doesn't matter to me how long the walk is.

Same. We're already wearing comfy shoes, and the kid still fits in a stroller, and we're fit enough that an extra 30 minutes of walking on an already long day won't break us. It's better than being crammed on a smelly bus or monorail.

I estimate the walk at about 1.6 miles using google maps. It's hard to estimate the exact walking path or how fast you could do the walk. It is less than 2 miles though. ........
Isn't that pretty comparable to the walking distance from World Showcase out to the bus stops at Epcot? Or even World Showcase up to the monorail and back to TTC?
Say.... if you were to watch Illuminations from Germany and then leaving the park?!
The distance around the World Showcase I think is about 1.2 miles then the walk to the front and then walk out to the bus (which I think is the absolute worst set up ever!!! Just my 2 cents on that! haha)

Last edited:
Isn't that pretty comparable to the walking distance from World Showcase out to the bus stops at Epcot? Or even World Showcase up to the monorail and back to TTC?
Say.... if you were to watch Illuminations from Germany and then leaving the park?!
The distance around the World Showcase I think is about 1.2 miles then the walk to the front and then walk out to the bus (which I think is the absolute worst set up ever!!! Just my 2 cents on that! haha)
But those are walks you HAVE to do-no other options.

The only way I would do it would be to make a Pub Crawl out of it!!!!lol :)

As a runner who gets really board with running back/forth between the GF and Poly over and over again, I’m looking forward to this. Assuming you’ll be able to use the path all or most of the way to MK before a security check, that’ll add just a bit of extra distance, so two thumbs up from me.

I also would have been all over this last year when it took me an hour to get back from MK to GF after MNSSHP!

Curious exactly why they are doing this now, but I’ll roll with it for now.

I measured it on google maps. From the entrance of Epcot where you scan your ticket all the way around the world showcase, and then back to the exit is roughly the same distance. 1.6 miles give or take.

I also would have been all over this last year when it took me an hour to get back from MK to GF after MNSSHP!
Curious exactly why they are doing this now, but I’ll roll with it for now.

Maybe they're going to shut the monorail down for refurb and need to give guests another option besides the boats.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter