Breaking news-Travelers flying from New York to Florida will be placed under 14-day quarantine,

...Someone in our party lives in Connecticut, which is included in this order. If she flies in from CT, she will have to quarantine for 14 days? Correct?
What if she flies in from Massachusetts? Would she still have to?
Right now her flight is out of Connecticut. ...
My understanding (admittedly limited!) is that per the EO, no matter how she arrives to FL, she is supposed to quarantine. Flying in from CT she would be instructed to quarantine, though some have commented that this appears to be lessening. Flying in from MA, it has been reported that only passengers flights from/through CT/NJ/NY are being asked to complete the travel questionnaire and told they need to quarantine. So, she may not be stopped/asked at the airport, but if staying on-property, I would be concerned that upon reaching WDW (whether that's at Magical Express or resort check-in), she would be flagged as a traveler from CT and questioned/possibly refused check-in.

My understanding (admittedly limited!) is that per the EO, no matter how she arrives to FL, she is supposed to quarantine. Flying in from CT she would be instructed to quarantine, though some have commented that this appears to be lessening. Flying in from MA, it has been reported that only passengers flights from/through CT/NJ/NY are being asked to complete the travel questionnaire and told they need to quarantine. So, she may not be stopped/asked at the airport, but if staying on-property, I would be concerned that upon reaching WDW (whether that's at Magical Express or resort check-in), she would be flagged as a traveler from CT and questioned/possibly refused check-in.

Thank you! The reservation for WDW is under me, and we are located in California. However, it’s not worth the risk of her getting there and being turned away. Hopefully this is lifted prior to September.

Reactions: KSL
I am in a similar boat but we are going down on 7/6 flying from BDL. I called and talked to DVC member services all they could reiterate was from the executive order that states people traveling from CT, NY and NJ must quarantine. It sounds like we would not be allowed on WDW property. I didn't think it would go by your traveling city as much as your state of residence. So because i spend 2 hours in a hartford CT airport I have to quarantine? Totally doesn't make sense. Because someone from CT could travel out of RI and be fine. So I am looking at changing our flights to leave from Providence RI instead. Crazy because the CT airport is 20 minutes away from me.
Please forgive me if this has been asked.

Someone in our party lives in Connecticut, which is included in this order. If she flies in from CT, she will have to quarantine for 14 days? Correct?

What if she flies in from Massachusetts? Would she still have to?

Right now her flight is out of Connecticut.

Thank you so much!
Anyone flying from CT, NY or NJ would be expected to quarantine regardless of where you live. We fly from Buffalo, which is upstate NY and a solid 7 hours from NYC, and would be expected to quarantine as well until the order expires. My airline actually sent me an email advising of this when the order was first issued.

I spoke to 3..yes THREE different DVC cast members. Once in May, June and one just 2 weeks ago. They all assured me that my trip (7/10-19) will not be affected by the Governor's order. BTW, We live a good 5 hours away from NYC. Never once DVC advised me to cancel. I doubt that WDW will not deny guests entries unless they have symptoms; then WDW will have the right to quarantine or not allowed guests to check in. Most importantly, DO NOT TRAVEL if you are sick or unable to obey all of WDW's health safety protocols

I spoke to 3..yes THREE different DVC cast members. Once in May, June and one just 2 weeks ago. They all assured me that my trip (7/10-19) will not be affected by the Governor's order.
Your trip is after the order expires. There's no reason for CM's to remind you of the quarantine order since your trip is outside of it. See this post:
The tri-state quarantine order is set to expire on July 7 (8?) and so far we haven't heard anything that suggests it may be extended
Hopefully they won't extend it farther as we get closer. Several states are reporting a rise in cases including Florida.

Can anyone provide a link to where they are seeing that the EO expires in early July? I know many have said this, but I cannot find it, and I've even tried to read through the actual EOs. What I've read doesn't seem to indicate any expiration date. But maybe I'm not looking at the right ones. If anyone could point me to where it says these restrictions are set to expire in early July, it would definitely ease my mind. Thanks in advance for any help!

Can anyone provide a link to where they are seeing that the EO expires in early July? I know many have said this, but I cannot find it, and I've even tried to read through the actual EOs. What I've read doesn't seem to indicate any expiration date. But maybe I'm not looking at the right ones. If anyone could point me to where it says these restrictions are set to expire in early July, it would definitely ease my mind. Thanks in advance for any help!
The original order said it would expire with the state of emergency. The extension in May specified a date 60 days out, so in July, as the expiration. However, the latest EO from last week (20-139) extends 20-52 (the state of emergency EO) with no date. There is verbiage about 20-69 expiring on 6/30. So it seems no one knows when or if it will end.

Last edited:

For some reason I can’t post the link, but WDW News Today posted an article on June 8 that said the order was extended until July 7.

For some reason I can’t post the link, but WDW News Today posted an article on June 8 that said the order was extended until July 7.
I followed the link posted in the article to the Florida Health Department page for people traveling to Florida.

https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/travelers/

"Executive Order Number 20-82
  • Governor DeSantis directed all individuals entering the state of Florida from the New York Tri-State Area (Connecticut, New Jersey, and New York) to isolate or quarantine for a period of 14 days from the time of entry into Florida or the duration of the individual’s presence in Florida, whichever is shorter. This includes persons entering Florida by roadways."
It will be interesting to see what they do as the date gets closer, but it certainly makes things inconvenient for those currently trying to plan.

I spoke to 3..yes THREE different DVC cast members. Once in May, June and one just 2 weeks ago. They all assured me that my trip (7/10-19) will not be affected by the Governor's order. BTW, We live a good 5 hours away from NYC. Never once DVC advised me to cancel. I doubt that WDW will not deny guests entries unless they have symptoms; then WDW will have the right to quarantine or not allowed guests to check in. Most importantly, DO NOT TRAVEL if you are sick or unable to obey all of WDW's health safety protocols
I would not rely on DVC for this kind of information. Until you hear that from a bus driver, nothing is official!

It's because you're new. I think you have to have 10 or so posts before you can post links or receive/send PM's.

WDW News today is a fan site, just like this one. It isn’t anything official. As posted above, the order is currently listed as in effect until July 7th. The governor has extended it once already. No one knows if he intends to extend it again. Until the governor of Florida announces it is expiring, no one really knows for sure.

I followed the link posted in the article to the Florida Health Department page for people traveling to Florida.

https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/travelers/

"Executive Order Number 20-82
  • Governor DeSantis directed all individuals entering the state of Florida from the New York Tri-State Area (Connecticut, New Jersey, and New York) to isolate or quarantine for a period of 14 days from the time of entry into Florida or the duration of the individual’s presence in Florida, whichever is shorter. This includes persons entering Florida by roadways."
It will be interesting to see what they do as the date gets closer, but it certainly makes things inconvenient for those currently trying to plan.

In practice it seems they are not looking at where you came from outside of the airport you departed from so it will be interesting to see if Disney goes beyond that. I know several people now who have flown PHL to different airports in FL and not a single person had to complete any paperwork or was instructed to quarantine. With Philly directly on the border of NJ I'm sure they have a lot of NJ travelers.

On the flip side other travelers who flew out of NY/NJ were only asked to complete paperwork about their travels if they lived in those states.

I am interested to know though (if it's extended again) if Disney will do anything to extend passes for those of us who are in these states and will not be able to travel due to the EO.

I am interested to know though (if it's extended again) if Disney will do anything to extend passes for those of us who are in these states and will not be able to travel due to the EO.
Yes, I'm starting to wonder about this as well. We have plans for a late July trip. We're AP holders, so will they extend if we're still restricted when the parks open?

The EO 20-139 extension just seems strange to me, extension based on data trends from a couple of months ago.

In our home state (CT) our daily numbers have gone way down and are continuing to trend downward. FL numbers are seeing a daily increase lately. I realize that FL is doing a ton of testing lately so that's why they're seeing an increase in case numbers, but their daily hospitalization and death numbers are now higher than CT's daily counts. To be honest, there's a part of me starting to wonder how wise it is to go if their trend continues upward.

I’m planning to fly down from EWR, the “heart” of the epicenter in August. We have DVC. I don’t think it will pose a problem to use our timeshare property. I know plenty of friends and family who have fled NYC in these past few months, with no problems at all. Disney, however might take it to another level and ask to see ID to enter theme parks. Realistically this is the only way they know where you’re coming from. Also, realistically, I doubt they will come knocking on my door at OKW to see if I am quarantined. If they in fact do take it to where they’re actually checking ID’s, while checking bags, temperatures, (what else?!) then that’s no longer a vacation for me...I’ll maybe go to Miami instead!

And to also add, they want you to do self check in. Hotel/DVC doesn’t sound like they’ll be checking ID’s. That’s why I think if they do enforce this, it will be upon entering the parks.

We are supposed to head to FL the end of June. Driving from NJ. We have called ahead to the hotel we are staying at and they advise that we will have to quarantine in our rooms for the whole time we are there. This doesn't make sense because we know of others from NJ that have drove down, checked in to their hotel with no questions asked or quarantine. Would just like a straight answer at this point whether to bag the trip. Last thing we want is to drive all that way and then not be allowed to go to the pool or venture out. Masks we have and will wear. We have really been in a "quarantine" setting for months anyway since we all work from home. UGH

This order has made planning a real chore. I am from NY, but my county is in Phase 2 of reopening and we had ZERO deaths yesterday. Orange Country has a much higher rate, but I am the danger!?!? As DVC owners with expiring points it is not so easy as "cancel your trip". This order had merit in March, in June it is just ludicrous. We need further guidance because the order, as written in its newest continuance, is vague as to its length. Please announce an end date, or parameters for an end date (ie. If Florida reached phase 3...if NY reaches phase___) so that people can plan for the end of June and beyond!

I know several people now who have flown PHL to different airports in FL and not a single person had to complete any paperwork or was instructed to quarantine. With Philly directly on the border of NJ I'm sure they have a lot of NJ travelers.
We are supposed to head to FL the end of June. Driving from NJ. We have called ahead to the hotel we are staying at and they advise that we will have to quarantine in our rooms for the whole time we are there. This doesn't make sense because we know of others from NJ that have drove down, checked in to their hotel with no questions asked or quarantine.

Personally, I wouldn't risk it on the *chance* you won't get caught, or because others have not been caught. JMO. One person at a hotel may not pay attention to where you're from (you do need to put your home address, phone no. ID, car make and model and license plate in some resorts) and another might. You just don't know and as of now the EO is not lifted until July.

Hotel/DVC doesn’t sound like they’ll be checking ID’s.
I think it would be lifted by August when your trip is.

Disney also knows where you're from if you use MDE, check into their hotels, own DVC, have a CC on file (billing address), etc. Owning timeshare doesn't make it legal to ignore the EO (while it's in effect) from the governor.

Do I think it's still ridiculous? Yes. Would I personally just chance it? No. Look at the people from NY area who were arrested in Hawaii. They got to check into their hotels fine, but then were caught out of their rooms in violation of the quarantine. It could happen and wouldn't make for a relaxing vacation if you constantly had to worry about it. Again... JMO.

We need further guidance because the order, as written in its newest continuance, is vague as to its length
Maybe you can get through to the Florida health department or Governor's office? I know in PA we had a separate virus hotline we could call with questions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter