Breaking news-Travelers flying from New York to Florida will be placed under 14-day quarantine,

This order has made planning a real chore. I am from NY, but my county is in Phase 2 of reopening and we had ZERO deaths yesterday. Orange Country has a much higher rate, but I am the danger!?!? As DVC owners with expiring points it is not so easy as "cancel your trip". This order had merit in March, in June it is just ludicrous. We need further guidance because the order, as written in its newest continuance, is vague as to its length. Please announce an end date, or parameters for an end date (ie. If Florida reached phase 3...if NY reaches phase___) so that people can plan for the end of June and beyond!
We are in the same situation (upstate NY & on-track for Phase 3 a week from tomorrow). My DVC check-in is early August so need to decide by the end of June if we are going to cancel, so the July 7 date is bad timing in terms of making that decision, IF that's really the intended expiration date of the order. I really wish they would clarify the expiration date of the current order (or that it has no expiration date) and what metrics they would use to determine whether the order would be extended.
Sidebar: if DVC/Disney really want to ensure as healthy an environment as possible during this period (say, until there's a viable vaccine?), they should allow cancellations up to day prior to check-in same as they are doing for cash guests. Otherwise people may get sick but decide to travel anyway because they'd lose points. I know this would be difficult, I'm just saying if ensuring health and safety of their Guests and Cast Members is truly the top priority, it's something they should consider.

Disney also knows where you're from if you use MDE, check into their hotels, own DVC, have a CC on file (billing address), etc. Owning timeshare doesn't make it legal to ignore the EO (while it's in effect) from the governor.
Yes, my ID, DVC, and CC list CT as my permanent residence, which it is. However, we generally spend the month of July in RI and are planning to still spend at least two weeks in RI before our flight out of Providence. So we will have effectively “quarantined” in RI for 14 days. To then perhaps not be permitted to check in for our DVC stay based on our permanent address would be slightly absurd.

DVC needs to come out and say whether or not tri-state residents will be permitted to check in. If not, then they need to tell us ASAP so those of us who have not yet passed our banking deadline can bank our points.

We are in the same situation (upstate NY & on-track for Phase 3 a week from tomorrow). My DVC check-in is early August so need to decide by the end of June if we are going to cancel, so the July 7 date is bad timing in terms of making that decision, IF that's really the intended expiration date of the order. I really wish they would clarify the expiration date of the current order (or that it has no expiration date) and what metrics they would use to determine whether the order would be extended.
Sidebar: if DVC/Disney really want to ensure as healthy an environment as possible during this period (say, until there's a viable vaccine?), they should allow cancellations up to day prior to check-in same as they are doing for cash guests. Otherwise people may get sick but decide to travel anyway because they'd lose points. I know this would be difficult, I'm just saying if ensuring health and safety of their Guests and Cast Members is truly the top priority, it's something they should consider.
Our arrival is July 15th. I never even thought about the cancellation window. 😯 Also, my family will be staying at my In-laws beach house in North Carolina for 10ish days prior, so ironically I will not actually be traveling from NY. I wonder how that plays into things. 🤔

Our arrival is July 15th. I never even thought about the cancellation window. 😯 Also, my family will be staying at my In-laws beach house in North Carolina for 10ish days prior, so ironically I will not actually be traveling from NY. I wonder how that plays into things. 🤔
Similar situation here for mid-August: we will be staying in RI for at least 14 days before flying out of RI. I asked DVC about it today and they gave me the generic “refer to the guidelines” spiel.

I’ve tried three times as well. his govt office voicemail box is full ..as well. No response to emails.
not Good, Gov!!
I just also wrote the Lieutenant Governor, who oversees the Health Department. Hopefully I'll get a response from one of them. I did not get an auto-response from the Lieutenant Governor, while I did from the Governor.

Last edited:
That is the funny thing... unless you fly out of one of the states on the day of check in (which Disney itself would only know if you use Magical Express for example), how do they know whether or not you have been out of those states for 14 days all ready? What about residents of those states with ID from those states who have been at their properties in FL or elsewhere for months all ready? Of course, once again, I point to the laughable I-95 checkpoint... FL will document your arrival by auto into the state so long as you come in by this ONE route... 🙄 yes... I know the EO quarantine applies whether or not someone has documented your arrival, but.... c’mon... plus (as been pointed out who knows how much by now)... residents of most of CT, NY, NJ are no more or less likely to move around with virus that someone from VA, IL, NC, GA, AL, TX, LA, or any other state... gov’t optics to show “we are doing something” at its best. “Who cares if it has any effect, we are DOING something”...lol.

Last edited:
I just also wrote the Lieutenant Governor, who oversees the Health Department. Hopefully I'll get a response from one of them. I did not get an auto-response from the Lieutenant Governor, while I did from the Governor.
I would check with a bus driver.

I suspect the governor's office thinks their executive order speaks for itself on this matter, so I wouldn't expect a response from them.

Yes, my ID, DVC, and CC list CT as my permanent residence, which it is. However, we generally spend the month of July in RI and are planning to still spend at least two weeks in RI before our flight out of Providence. So we will have effectively “quarantined” in RI for 14 days. To then perhaps not be permitted to check in for our DVC stay based on our permanent address would be slightly absurd.

DVC needs to come out and say whether or not tri-state residents will be permitted to check in. If not, then they need to tell us ASAP so those of us who have not yet passed our banking deadline can bank our points.
I have to believe if you can prove you were in Rhode Island for two weeks prior to arriving Disney would consider you in compliance!

I have to believe if you can prove you were in Rhode Island for two weeks prior to arriving Disney would consider you in compliance!
For sure. But how would one prove it? Receipts for groceries maybe? We don’t have anyone to pay since it’s a family owned cabin (my aunt and uncle own it). I wouldn’t be heading out more than once to buy groceries for only a two week stay.

For sure. But how would one prove it? Receipts for groceries maybe? We don’t have anyone to pay since it’s a family owned cabin (my aunt and uncle own it). I wouldn’t be heading out more than once to buy groceries for only a two week stay.
well if you manage to go to another state for two weeks and charge nothing like gas ice cream or local purchases my hats off to you! Just show them your receipts

well if you manage to go to another state for two weeks and charge nothing like gas ice cream or local purchases my hats off to you! Just show them your receipts
We live only 30 minutes away since we aren’t far from the RI line in this part of CT. Plus we go there a lot anyway and various family members use and restock the cabin from April to December. We don’t usually leave the immediate lake area, even when we spend a month. We are able to walk to most places for necessities.

But the big thing is what happens if other folks say they stayed in RI or MA or PA and have receipts for various items when all they did was drive a few minutes over the border on assorted days to make random purchases? It’s a huge leap of faith to assume that everyone is being honest. I’d like to think people would not lie but...

We live only 30 minutes away since we aren’t far from the RI line in this part of CT. Plus we go there a lot anyway and various family members use and restock the cabin from April to December. We don’t usually leave the immediate lake area, even when we spend a month. We are able to walk to most places for necessities.

But the big thing is what happens if other folks say they stayed in RI or MA or PA and have receipts for various items when all they did was drive a few minutes over the border on assorted days to make random purchases? It’s a huge leap of faith to assume that everyone is being honest. I’d like to think people would not lie but...
Well I guess you are going to have a problem! I am in south Florida and don’t take it personally cause it’s not aimed at you but it’s people who flew down when NY got too hot with the virus and then didn’t quarantine who caused a lot of the problems your facing! I doubt Disney wants to do more than follow the letter of the law and not have the virus on property for everyone’s safety! You could maybe gas up in Rhode Island one day get groceries another do you have an electric bill on the property?? Not sure realize you would be following the rules just need proof! Have you considered just calling Disney and asking them?

Well, if anyone can get through to the FL governor or lieutenant governor, please ask them why CT is even on the quarantine list. There's 12 other States with more confirmed cases than us, including Massachusetts which has no quarantine at all.
Massachusetts has a Republican governor. 🤔
That is what makes this so infuriating. My NY region, Mid Hudson, which includes the NYC suburbs, had ZERO deaths today. We are in phase 2 and our numbers are steadily decreasing. We are testing more than any state in the nation, and have handled this lockdown incredibly well... but the states with Democrats in charge are the ones that are restricted. I have no issue with the "ban" in March, but now it really needs to go, or at least be more surgical. If NYC is still too "hot" then restrict individuals who reside within the those boroughs. But to penalize those in areas that have a lower incidence than many places in your own state?!? This looks and smells political.

Well, if anyone can get through to the FL governor or lieutenant governor, please ask them why CT is even on the quarantine list. There's 12 other States with more confirmed cases than us, including Massachusetts which has no quarantine at all.
Here's why.

It's your number of confirmed cases per million of population and your death rate per million.

For comparison, Florida's cases per million are 3,079 vs CT's 12,391 and our deaths are 128 vs your 1,149 per million. You have 4x the cases per million and 9x the deaths. You are 3rd in the US in DEATHS per million.

And those are today's numbers. When the travel ban was implemented, CT was #2 or #3 in the country in cases and deaths, I believe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter