• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Boulder Ridge Referb

It is typical in the US for companies/businesses to push the limit every chance they get. So they put these ridiculous signs out knowing 99% of the people will comply. Really, who is going to file a law suite on a sign stating no pictures? The best thing to do is just ignore and go about your business, if the door is open and you want to take a picture, go ahead.
Just FYI, the sign was removed by the next morning and I did not see it reappear before we departed. In my opinion, it just attracted more attention to what was going on. If people are looking for the room(s) where construction is happening, putting that huge sign on the door was basically a neon lit up arrow! I never opened a door to go in the rooms to take pictures, the doors were open and the second time, I was given a tour by one of the construction workers!

It looks like they have now as when I click on view room details a picture shows for me.

"Exclusive to Members Booking with Points: 5th Guest can be accommodated, but no additional bedding, linens or towels will be provided"

Still is included even though it now mentions the twin size pull down so one would assume bedding is being provided now that it is not just the King and pull out sofa.

View attachment 697077
Finally! They must have recently done that because it wasn't like that just a month or so ago. People kept asking if the renovation was completed.

I'm fine with that. The first thing I do is take the decorative throw pillow and that pointless bed runner off the bed and toss them in a corner anyway. Since it's not a hotel and there's no daily mousekeeping, even if I did like them, they'd still never make it back on the bed. The rest of the theming is obviously more important.
Just stayed at the new GF resort room - there wasn’t even the bed runner on the bed!

So I’m here at VWL/BRV now. No workers around on Sunday. Yesterday and today workers around. Just watched 9 workers leave through the cast member entrance. They aren’t too dirty. Some had tool boxes and milk crates with them.
I’ve wandered up there no noise really to speak of and they shut the door when they saw me round the corner.
Here til Friday afternoon I’ll keep my eyes open and phone ready for photos.
Did you see any more action there at BRV when you were there?

So I knew everyone would be itching for more news. I could’ve given you rather boring bits and pieces as the week went on but I’ll summarize now.

Workers come and go through the cast member doors near the smoking section off the lobby. Generally start appearing between 8-9am. As the week went on I noticed some coming as early as 7. By 5 pm all workers were out of there.

Several times pickup trucks would enter the laundry area and I saw workers carry long lengths of PVC pipe down the walkway to the same double door CM entrance. I also noticed on Thursday that 4 tables and 2 coffee tables were brought to the laundry area and loaded onto a pickup truck that had no company info.

I saw copper pipe (very short lengths ~2-3’), metal corrugated conduit on rolls, and Sheetrock taping tools being carried in.

Tried to engage the workers in some chit chat but never got a single bit of news from anyone of them!! I overheard a conversation about the “delay earlier in the day and one was saying how he didn’t have the keys to the mock-up and wanted to measure that area again.”

On Wednesday there were numerous nicely dressed CM up and down the elevator, some with clipboards.

Every day at least once I loaded my grand twin’s into the stroller and wandered up to the fourth and fifth floors to stroll them around for “nap time”. Hallways appear the same as photos showed before. On Wednesday they had two housekeeping carts blocking the hallway and a cast member asked if my room was down there. I’m sorry guys I just couldn’t lie!!

Our room was on the second floor and we never heard a thing. I asked any friendly guest I came across if they had seen or heard anything about the refurb going on and most were completely unaware. Even a few who were staying on the fourth floor.

Wish I had more but we will all have to rely on others visits in the coming weeks/months to get any good info it seems.

So I knew everyone would be itching for more news. I could’ve given you rather boring bits and pieces as the week went on but I’ll summarize now.

Workers come and go through the cast member doors near the smoking section off the lobby. Generally start appearing between 8-9am. As the week went on I noticed some coming as early as 7. By 5 pm all workers were out of there.

Several times pickup trucks would enter the laundry area and I saw workers carry long lengths of PVC pipe down the walkway to the same double door CM entrance. I also noticed on Thursday that 4 tables and 2 coffee tables were brought to the laundry area and loaded onto a pickup truck that had no company info.

I saw copper pipe (very short lengths ~2-3’), metal corrugated conduit on rolls, and Sheetrock taping tools being carried in.

Tried to engage the workers in some chit chat but never got a single bit of news from anyone of them!! I overheard a conversation about the “delay earlier in the day and one was saying how he didn’t have the keys to the mock-up and wanted to measure that area again.”

On Wednesday there were numerous nicely dressed CM up and down the elevator, some with clipboards.

Every day at least once I loaded my grand twin’s into the stroller and wandered up to the fourth and fifth floors to stroll them around for “nap time”. Hallways appear the same as photos showed before. On Wednesday they had two housekeeping carts blocking the hallway and a cast member asked if my room was down there. I’m sorry guys I just couldn’t lie!!

Our room was on the second floor and we never heard a thing. I asked any friendly guest I came across if they had seen or heard anything about the refurb going on and most were completely unaware. Even a few who were staying on the fourth floor.

Wish I had more but we will all have to rely on others visits in the coming weeks/months to get any good info it seems.
Couple of positives in there:

The reference to needing keys to the mock-ups confirms that the first two rooms demo'd likely aren't new test rooms and they are using the old test rooms as references.

Additional furniture beyond the original 2 rooms is being removed (confirms earlier reports on BRV furnishings appearing at Cast Connections.

More observable activity in general, with more cast members in and out. Always a good sign of progress.

The short lengths of copper would be consistent with remodel work where the EMP (electrical, mechanical and plumbing) is staying in the relatively same location, with just minor relocation. Flex conduit would just be cut to length in the rooms, but may require longer runs if they need to extend more than a couple of feet (for example to add new receptacles for the murphy beds, etc. If they are filling in the openings in the walls over the master bath bathtubs, they should be bringing in sheets of drywall at some point, but because it's small infill areas, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't at least cut the 4'x8' sheets in half before they bring them in.

Way overdue, glad it's finally getting done! I was late joining DVC and Wilderness Lodge (BRV) was long sold out. Didn't know anything about resale and VGF was for sale, so we bought there. Ended up adding on at CCV as well. Definitely will try to book BRV at 7 months in our future plans.

I would expect the refurbishment to be very similar to the cash side of the resort, which was recently done.
We just stayed at in a deluxe room at WL - the club level service was great, but my hair was not blown back with the refurb. Pull out couch was super uncomfortable and such a pain to pull out every day. Bathroom just has basic tub/shower combo.

Second half of stay was at Riviera in a 1 bedroom and there is no comparison.

Hope BRV is an improvement over the cash side - would love to see it remain similar in style with the quality of CC

We just stayed at in a deluxe room at WL - the club level service was great, but my hair was not blown back with the refurb. Pull out couch was super uncomfortable and such a pain to pull out every day. Bathroom just has basic tub/shower combo.

Second half of stay was at Riviera in a 1 bedroom and there is no comparison.

Hope BRV is an improvement over the cash side - would love to see it remain similar in style with the quality of CC
What type of room were you in that had a pull out sofa? Those rooms are refurbed and I'm not aware that any of them have sofa beds?
Riviera is fabulous, for sure!
I'm hoping the BRV are lighter like CCV. (and how most DVC rooms are moving to). I'm not a fan of yellow walls. LOL

What type of room were you in that had a pull out sofa? Those rooms are refurbed and I'm not aware that any of them have sofa beds?
Riviera is fabulous, for sure!
I'm hoping the BRV are lighter like CCV. (and how most DVC rooms are moving to). I'm not a fan of yellow walls. LOL
The Deluxe family rooms that are club level have a sitting area and then a bedroom. The sitting area has a pull out couch...although I'm surprised in the remodel they didn't do the pull down Murphy bed. Although there may not be room there.

Thank you for this! Not all heroes wear capes! I loved the “nap time “ stroller mission. It will be interesting to see the different reports as time goes on.

Keep an eye out for sure as October approaches. Two different WL FD employees told me that half of the rooms in BR were being put out of service at the beginning of October for renovation. Once done, the other half would start. No end date was mentioned. I guess we shall see!

Thank you for this! Not all heroes wear capes! I loved the “nap time “ stroller mission. It will be interesting to see the different reports as time goes on.
I stayed at CCV last week as I was worried that BRV would be under renovation. I strolled over to BRV during the thunderstorms Friday afternoon for a recon mission and found the hallway rugs on the 4th and 5th floor covered in plastic with a “pardon our appearance“ sign on the 5th floor. There seemed to be a light cloud of dust looming on 5 and two workers verified that the reno had begun and it would probably take a full six months to complete. All I can say is “it’s about time”.

I stayed at CCV last week as I was worried that BRV would be under renovation. I strolled over to BRV during the thunderstorms Friday afternoon for a recon mission and found the hallway rugs on the 4th and 5th floor covered in plastic with a “pardon our appearance“ sign on the 5th floor. There seemed to be a light cloud of dust looming on 5 and two workers verified that the reno had begun and it would probably take a full six months to complete. All I can say is “it’s about time”.
I'll be there Monday through Friday and will report on my findings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter