Boulder Ridge Referb

Do you think they’ll have renovated rooms available by Oct 15?
From what I was told when I was there, rooms are going out of service for rehab starting sometime in October. So I don't think it will happen, but you never know!

From what I was told when I was there, rooms are going out of service for rehab starting sometime in October. So I don't think it will happen, but you never know!
Rooms are already out of service, some are completely gutted based on the pictures you provided. It sounds like the FD's did not know it was happening so quickly. It very well could be some of these early gutted rooms are ready in October. I know I'm going to request one in the area for our stay the end of October 😉

I'm also wondering if DVC themselves booked out the rooms that are being gutted now since DVC rooms are booked on a different platform then Disney Resort held rooms. I just feel there is some sort of miscommunication happening between the WL resort side of things and the BRV DVC sode of things.

I'm also wondering if DVC themselves booked out the rooms that are being gutted now since DVC rooms are booked on a different platform then Disney Resort held rooms. I just feel there is some sort of miscommunication happening between the WL resort side of things and the BRV DVC sode of things.
I agree. There's really no compelling reason for the WL front desk staff (other than senior management) to know the specifics of the construction schedule for the DVC rooms. That's why we have the website and Member Services. They don't have the freedom to move/adjust/cancel DVC reservations or deal with hotel bills like they do regular hotel cash rooms., so what rooms are offline and for how long really doesn't impact them as cash rooms do.

I agree. There's really no compelling reason for the WL front desk staff (other than senior management) to know the specifics of the construction schedule for the DVC rooms. That's why we have the website and Member Services. They don't have the freedom to move/adjust/cancel DVC reservations or deal with hotel bills like they do regular hotel cash rooms., so what rooms are offline and for how long really doesn't impact them as cash rooms do.
Definitely a strong possibility! They (FD Manager) didn't even know until I called to ask what in heaven's name was going on! They only knew (FD staff) after the fact. We were booked as a cash reservation, not DVC. I hope it all moves along quickly and they replace the pull out couches with the Murphy beds. We did not see any furniture or other furnishings being brought in while we were there, only things - actually everything - being removed.

Definitely a strong possibility! They (FD Manager) didn't even know until I called to ask what in heaven's name was going on! They only knew (FD staff) after the fact. We were booked as a cash reservation, not DVC. I hope it all moves along quickly and they replace the pull out couches with the Murphy beds. We did not see any furniture or other furnishings being brought in while we were there, only things - actually everything - being removed.
I mean, from a customer service perspective, they probably should know at least something, but in the big picture, a CM working the front desk on the hotel side probably has a few more important things to deal with than a DVC construction project that they have zero control over.

I mean, from a customer service perspective, they probably should know at least something, but in the big picture, a CM working the front desk on the hotel side probably has a few more important things to deal with than a DVC construction project that they have zero control over.
True! It was kind of funny the morning it all started. I called the FD from the room phone, which I know goes to a call center. They gentleman who answered said he couldn't hear me because of the noise in the background, he asked what it was! I said exactly, what is it? My reason for calling. He didn't know and put me on hold while he tried to reach the actual FD manager. I waited over 5 minutes and he came back on and said he could not contact the manager and asked if it was okay if he called me back. I said it was fine. About 20 minutes later the FD manager called and apologized. He said they did not know the project was starting that day and he thought that the rooms around the construction had been vacant and put out of service as to not disturb anyone. Kind of contradicted himself, but I didn't push the issue. He took care of the situation. We stopped by the FD twice after for help with an MDE and ticket linking compliction and then to pay part of our balance with gift cards. It was then the CM's mentioned the refurbishment and possible schedules of it happening. I'm excited to hear what you find when you visit!

What type of room were you in that had a pull out sofa? Those rooms are refurbed and I'm not aware that any of them have sofa beds?
Riviera is fabulous, for sure!
I'm hoping the BRV are lighter like CCV. (and how most DVC rooms are moving to). I'm not a fan of yellow walls. LOL
It was a deluxe room, club level. Room 2000. I was very, very surprised that the couch was so clearly old. They should be able to fit a Murphy bed in there since the couch pulls out. Not sure why they didn’t do that.

Mini update. Visited the 4th and 5th floors yesterday, and the same carpet runners are down that were shown in earlier pics. Monday was the holiday, and yesterday we were out most of the day, but this morning (resort day) I can definitely hear a chipping hammer somewhere up above me (we're on the second floor). Based on earlier photos, the first two rooms had everything stripped out that you'd need a demo hammer for, so I'm assuming that the new noise means they've moved on to at least one more room, demo-wise.

ETA did see several contractor trucks and workers in that service area down at the east end of the building yesterday, and one truck was definitely a plumber.

Mini update. Visited the 4th and 5th floors yesterday, and the same carpet runners are down that were shown in earlier pics. Monday was the holiday, and yesterday we were out most of the day, but this morning (resort day) I can definitely hear a chipping hammer somewhere up above me (we're on the second floor). Based on earlier photos, the first two rooms had everything stripped out that you'd need a demo hammer for, so I'm assuming that the new noise means they've moved on to at least one more room, demo-wise.

ETA did see several contractor trucks and workers in that service area down at the east end of the building yesterday, and one truck was definitely a plumber.
Hope you are having a great stay!!!

Practical question on refurb. We have a Christmas trip booked, when I know the resort is usually full. We booked it at 11 months. Now that they are doing the refurb, will reservations be safe? Are we at risk for them to cancel us without warning, as I know has happened to other people in rare circumstances? Will they pause refurbs to maintain a full house at the holiday? Basically, how do they time refurb schedules when the resort is booked solid?

Practical question on refurb. We have a Christmas trip booked, when I know the resort is usually full. We booked it at 11 months. Now that they are doing the refurb, will reservations be safe? Are we at risk for them to cancel us without warning, as I know has happened to other people in rare circumstances? Will they pause refurbs to maintain a full house at the holiday? Basically, how do they time refurb schedules when the resort is booked solid?
Weird, my response didn't post earlier, just the quote. Anyway...

Since there are already probably a good half-dozen rooms out of service currently (plus the two test rooms) out of only 136 total, and we haven't heard a rash of complaints about reservations getting kicked elsewhere, it MIGHT be safe to assume they have been holding back rooms so as to not have to bump people. It may be the reason why they aren't doing a whole floor (or even half) at one time and are taking rooms out in small chunks to lessen the impact, in conjunction with pulling them from inventory well in advance.

Last edited:

No idea on if they'll be completed by Christmas holidays. I think they want to be but supply chain issues could cause delays so who knows.

They wouldn't just cancel your reservation. Likely they would try to put you someplace else on property. They usually comp some things as well if needed. I read that, that's what they have done in the past. Disney today is a big question mark.

Good luck!

Thanks so much!

I’m staying at CCV so thought I would walk by to see if I could see anything. Plastic on carpets outside or rooms 4535 and 4533. Signage still out saying no photos. When we walked by a construction worker walking between rooms so got a small glimpse in. Room looked pretty gutted and was staged with some things (looked like some type of panel - like the panels that might be on the Murphy beds at SSR). They were actively working in both rooms so maybe some sort of news coming soon.

I was there a few days ago and went to take a look. I noticed that there were only a few rooms being renovated on floors 4 and 5. Probably no more than 10 rooms total. Guests were staying in the rooms down the hallway. I saw inside one room that was on the 5th floor (5544) and it was completely gutted. I also saw workers bringing in sheets of drywall.

Room 5544.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter