Boulder Ridge Referb

A few months back there were several reports of long periods of unavailability next month and October. There was speculation that was Disney blocking out rooms for the refurb. If true, then no one should be getting relocated unless they complain about noise and dust.
And there was a lot of noise and dust! Our room was covered in dust that came in through the vents. Also, jackhammers are LOUD!!! The FD manager told me they had no clue any renovations were starting the day they did. Which I do not believe because the carpets were covered 2 days prior - if a housekeeping manager walks a floor and ignores plastic wrap taped to cover the carpet and doesn't question it, Disney has bigger problems!

So I’m here at VWL/BRV now. No workers around on Sunday. Yesterday and today workers around. Just watched 9 workers leave through the cast member entrance. They aren’t too dirty. Some had tool boxes and milk crates with them.
I’ve wandered up there no noise really to speak of and they shut the door when they saw me round the corner.
Here til Friday afternoon I’ll keep my eyes open and phone ready for photos.

If we want to cast the conspiracy theory net a little wider, there isn't a "Pardon Our Pixie Dust" notice for Copper Creek either. Now, I get that BRV is in a separate building and technically a separate resort, but there IS a notice for Poly regarding the new tower construction (which may or may not be a separate resort), and the construction site is clear across on the opposite side of the property from the DVC villas, whereas you could possibly hear a good amount of tile and other demo in Copper Creek given the proximity to BRV.

Last edited:
The No photography sign is laughable.
This is a timeshare. Owned by the members. Photography is not an illegal activity. I doubt they can do a thing about it.
In fact if DVC are reading this they need a re-assessment.
The info given to members is not good enough. People were asking about this a few weeks ago and not being told it was starting.
Whilst dates may not be exact, the management company should feel duty bound to be giving more and better info on things like this including ‘we hope to start’ when asked!
The management company run this for the members- not Disney!
Why don’t they start having a 1 page regular renovations/ improvement page in Disney files. I’m sure the poster would give permission for the photos to be used- something that actually interests members and it would in my view put DVC in a good light.

I would have liked to see artist sketches in the last issue of Disney Files. They must have those laying around. Thanks to all the members poking around! I arrive 11/28 with hopes for a new room like everyone else lol.

I would have liked to see artist sketches in the last issue of Disney Files. They must have those laying around. Thanks to all the members poking around! I arrive 11/28 with hopes for a new room like everyone else lol.
This refurb appears to have been shrouded in secrecy. Strange given it’s the owner’s money they are spending to do it.

I'm staying at Boulder Ridge for the first time, September 11-16, in a studio.
3 questions:
1. Does the bathroom have toiletry dispensers? (Auto fill put in "toilet paper." I'm pretty sure that's there.)
2. Where is the laundry room?
3. Should I ask for a refurbed room?
Thanks.

I'm staying at Boulder Ridge for the first time, September 11-16, in a studio.
3 questions:
1. Does the bathroom have toiletry dispensers? (Auto fill put in "toilet paper." I'm pretty sure that's there.)
2. Where is the laundry room?
3. Should I ask for a refurbed room?
Thanks.
There are no dispensers in the showers in the 1BR’s, I do not believe there are any in the studios. They provide tubes of shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and lotion. Bars of soap. The laundry room is on the first floor. There are no completed refurbished rooms at this time, doubtful by 9/11. DVD is not even admitting they are refurbishing the rooms at this point. And yes to toilet paper! 🤣

So I’m here at VWL/BRV now. No workers around on Sunday. Yesterday and today workers around. Just watched 9 workers leave through the cast member entrance. They aren’t too dirty. Some had tool boxes and milk crates with them.
I’ve wandered up there no noise really to speak of and they shut the door when they saw me round the corner.
Here til Friday afternoon I’ll keep my eyes open and phone ready for photos.
Any updates?

Oh, this is a good point. I would be so disappointed if we got all excited that refurb as begun, but it's really just modeling two test rooms.

Are any other rooms being worked on? If it's just these two, then I'm going to tamper down my hopes, especially as there is no verbiage when booking a BRV room in August that there is a refurb ongoing.
They still haven't updated pictures of the rooms at SSR....They don't seem too concerned to let us know these things

No Disney is still not acknowledging one is going on... Chat this morning about getting points loaded and the agent said they still dont have any information
I meant from @ajksmom. They are there now and said they’d give an update and send pictures before they leave.

This is a timeshare. Owned by the members. Photography is not an illegal activity. I doubt they can do a thing about it.
I mean there's a lot of not-illegal things members can do that management will not like, such as recreating Moana at the top of your lungs at midnight. We gave management a ton of discretion. Like a crazy huge amount of discretion. On everything from the customer service to the actual operation. We don't control much.

They still haven't updated pictures of the rooms at SSR....They don't seem too concerned to let us know these things
It looks like they have now as when I click on view room details a picture shows for me.

"Exclusive to Members Booking with Points: 5th Guest can be accommodated, but no additional bedding, linens or towels will be provided"

Still is included even though it now mentions the twin size pull down so one would assume bedding is being provided now that it is not just the King and pull out sofa.

1661452561641.png

There are no dispensers in the showers in the 1BR’s, I do not believe there are any in the studios. They provide tubes of shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and lotion. Bars of soap. The laundry room is on the first floor. There are no completed refurbished rooms at this time, doubtful by 9/11. DVD is not even admitting they are refurbishing the rooms at this point. And yes to toilet paper! 🤣
It looks like they have now as when I click on view room details a picture shows for me.

"Exclusive to Members Booking with Points: 5th Guest can be accommodated, but no additional bedding, linens or towels will be provided"

Still is included even though it now mentions the twin size pull down so one would assume bedding is being provided now that it is not just the King and pull out sofa.

View attachment 697077
That’s a nonsense, the bedding is on the under TV Murphy, as you would expect, we were there in a standard room at Xmas.

I mean there's a lot of not-illegal things members can do that management will not like, such as recreating Moana at the top of your lungs at midnight. We gave management a ton of discretion. Like a crazy huge amount of discretion. On everything from the customer service to the actual operation. We don't control much.
I haven’t read the deed for some time, but pretty sure anti social behaviour is included. lawfully taking photos in property isn’t, but if anyone can point me to the part of the deed that stops you taking photos at the management companies‘ will, in the common areas of the timeshare you own I will happily reconsider!
What if they decided they didn’t want you taking photos at the pool, or the car park. This logic means they can stop you doing anything at will. They can’t.
I suggest DVC property management immediately remove such dictatorial signs before they run into legal issues.

That’s a nonsense, the bedding is on the under TV Murphy, as you would expect, we were there in a standard room at Xmas.
Great I have not stayed there since the refurbs but I assumed it was included and they just didn't remove it from the site. I thought it was strange since they clearly mention the new twin bed in the description!

For SS, I have read that the accessible rooms do not include that bed under the TV, and only sleep 4 as a result. Perhaps they need to be more specific.

I haven’t read the deed for some time, but pretty sure anti social behaviour is included. lawfully taking photos in property isn’t, but if anyone can point me to the part of the deed that stops you taking photos at the management companies‘ will, in the common areas of the timeshare you own I will happily reconsider!
What if they decided they didn’t want you taking photos at the pool, or the car park. This logic means they can stop you doing anything at will. They can’t.
I suggest DVC property management immediately remove such dictatorial signs before they run into legal issues.
It is typical in the US for companies/businesses to push the limit every chance they get. So they put these ridiculous signs out knowing 99% of the people will comply. Really, who is going to file a law suite on a sign stating no pictures? The best thing to do is just ignore and go about your business, if the door is open and you want to take a picture, go ahead.

I was under the impression the sign must legally print the exact code number in violation otherwise they can not be enforced.
I always look for the Code just in case!
And those cheap signs rarely have a Code …

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter