• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(Boston update in latest post) Who will get a Soccer Specific Stadium (SSS) first, Boston or NYC (confirmed)?

Who will get a Soccer Specific Stadium (SSS) first, Boston or NYC?

• Boston

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • NYC

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Neither

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Both around the same time

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • I don't know

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I don't care

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I just want to know if my taxes will go up due to either project

• It does not effect me either way

• Total voters
1. Just get something done somewhere.
2. Worse for northern suburbs but better for Long Island. Overall a wash.
3. Subway to Queens site, though direct from midtown Manhattan, is admittedly less convenient subway options to Bronx.
4. Parking at Queens site is much better and allows for pregame tailgate parties which is impossible at Bronx garages.
5. Just get something done somewhere.

1. Just get something done somewhere.
2. Worse for northern suburbs but better for Long Island. Overall a wash.
3. Subway to Queens site, though direct from midtown Manhattan, is admittedly less convenient subway options to Bronx.
4. Parking at Queens site is much better and allows for pregame tailgate parties which is impossible at Bronx garages.
5. Just get something done somewhere.
Do you think we get another announcement for an announcement after the WC? Also how great would Elton John’s pigeon song be as NYCFC’s anthem?

Do you think we get another announcement for an announcement after the WC? Also how great would Elton John’s pigeon song be as NYCFC’s anthem?
Lots of semi-believable buzz that the team is reasonably optimistic it might be possible to make an announcement in mid-December. I'm as optimistic as I've been since 2018, with 2 cautions.
1. The 2018 buzz came to nothing.
2. Any announcement will of necessity be before the entire NYC land use process and likely litigation and other obstacles.

Cheerful lol at that Elton John song. Never heard of it before. The title is apt enough, but not sure everyone would go for the lyrics and music as a team anthem.

Lots of semi-believable buzz that the team is reasonably optimistic it might be possible to make an announcement in mid-December. I'm as optimistic as I've been since 2018, with 2 cautions.
2. Any announcement will of necessity be before the entire NYC land use process and likely litigation and other obstacles.

Cheerful lol at that Elton John song. Never heard of it before. The title is apt enough, but not sure everyone would go for the lyrics and music as a team anthem.
We can change the lyrics like Aston Villa changed Come all ye faithful to Come on you Villa.

Do you still hold out hope for the Bronx? If it goes to Queens, I’m never going to a home match in person.

Do you still hold out hope for the Bronx? If it goes to Queens, I’m never going to a home match in person.
If the current rumors are accurate and come to something, it's Queens.
Personally I'm more than fine with that. Overall, I think the consensus still favors the Bronx, but I believe sentiment has shifted. Lots of people moved from both from Deeply Opposed to "I can live with that," and also from "I can live with that," to "You know, I might actually prefer it."

If the current rumors are accurate and come to something, it's Queens.
Personally I'm more than fine with that. Overall, I think the consensus still favors the Bronx, but I believe sentiment has shifted. Lots of people moved from both from Deeply Opposed to "I can live with that," and also from "I can live with that," to "You know, I might actually prefer it."
People assume to much that Queens will be an easy build. I still think the Yankees are going to use that as leverage to build in the Bronx. Time will tell.

People assume to much that Queens will be an easy build. I still think the Yankees are going to use that as leverage to build in the Bronx. Time will tell.
Lots of reason to believe that Randy Levine personally killed the progress and possibility for a Bronx site near Yankee Stadium in the summer of 2021, due to a dispute over guaranteed parking spaces for Yankee games. The NYCFC stadium would require demolishing one of the extra, superfluous garages near YS. Those garages are privately owned, and have been in default on their debts for years because of over capacity. There are more spots than are necessary for even Yankee sellouts and there is a complete inability to fill them at all on non-game days. An agreement in principle was reached among the garage owners, the bondholders, the City (who is owed back taxes), and the NYCFC anticipated stadium real estate developer. The the Yankees blew it up. All things equal, the Yankees might prefer that NYCFC settle near YS, but it appears they will not compromise Yankee interests in the slightest, and there is no sign they have done any heavy lifting to move things forward at any time.

Lots of reason to believe that Randy Levine personally killed the progress and possibility for a Bronx site near Yankee Stadium in the summer of 2021, due to a dispute over guaranteed parking spaces for Yankee games. The NYCFC stadium would require demolishing one of the extra, superfluous garages near YS. Those garages are privately owned, and have been in default on their debts for years because of over capacity. There are more spots than are necessary for even Yankee sellouts and there is a complete inability to fill them at all on non-game days. An agreement in principle was reached among the garage owners, the bondholders, the City (who is owed back taxes), and the NYCFC anticipated stadium real estate developer. The the Yankees blew it up. All things equal, the Yankees might prefer that NYCFC settle near YS, but it appears they will not compromise Yankee interests in the slightest, and there is no sign they have done any heavy lifting to move things forward at any time.
We won’t have any progress on either site for 20 years tbh. CFG will find a way to not give the season tickets holders their promised brick.

We won’t have any progress on either site for 20 years tbh. CFG will find a way to not give the season tickets holders their promised brick.
Technically it was never a brick. The promise was your name "etched in stone." Somehow in lore it became a brick. They'll probably sell you a brick though.:-)
Also have to wonder how many founding members are left.

Looks like NYC wins, and Queens is the location.

https://nypost.com/2022/11/15/mayor-adams-backs-new-nycfc-soccer-stadium-in-queens/

Also, an email from NYCFC to founding members last night actually mentioned a brick for the first time! I think people mentioned bricks so much they spoke it into existence. :D

Anyway, scheduled opening not until 2027, but I doubt New England could lap us.
Sad it’s not the Bronx. I guess I’ll just stick to watching it on Apple +.

Sad it’s not the Bronx. I guess I’ll just stick to watching it on Apple +.
You mentioned the Hudson Valley - is that where you are? The Queens site is inarguably less convenient, but if you're interested, I think worth doing once or occasionally from there. I know a fair number of northern burbs STHs who who made their peace with the location after several games at Citi Field.

The Bronx options were also more convenient for more parts of the city. You can get to Flushing by subway, but it's not really s straight shot from anywhere but midtown. In the end though they were able to make this happen when they could not push the Bronx over the finish line.

You mentioned the Hudson Valley - is that where you are? The Queens site is inarguably less convenient, but if you're interested, I think worth doing once or occasionally from there. I know a fair number of northern burbs STHs who who made their peace with the location after several games at Citi Field.

The Bronx options were also more convenient for more parts of the city. You can get to Flushing by subway, but it's not really s straight shot from anywhere but midtown. In the end though they were able to make this happen when they could not push the Bronx over the finish line.
Yeah I’m from the Hudson Valley. The Bronx was my limit in travel to the city (I’m a Yankees fan and hate the Mets:duck:). I’m happy for the team and will probably go once or twice a year for the derby but I would probably drive tbh. I hate subways. I’m glad nycfcforums is happy though.

Last edited:
Yeah I’m from the Hudson Valley. The Bronx was my limit in travel to the city (I’m a Yankees fan and hate the Mets:duck:). I’m happy for the team and will probably go once or twice a year for the derby but I would probably drive tbh. I hate subways. I’m glad nycfcforums is happy though.

I used to travel from the Hudson Valley to Harrison regularly for Red Bulls games. Queens isn't that much further. Sprain Parkway to the Throgs Neck Bridge onto the Van Wyck. What's a little traffic to watch your team play in person?

I used to travel from the Hudson Valley to Harrison regularly for Red Bulls games. Queens isn't that much further. Sprain Parkway to the Throgs Neck Bridge onto the Van Wyck. What's a little traffic to watch your team play in person?
I hate subways. I don’t mind driving to the stadium but taking one train for an hour is better than a train ride and subway ride for two hours. It’s also an extra cost. Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy for the team but I’m worried in how many original (Hudson Valley/Bronx fans) in person fans they will loose because of the extra travel. I know the team doesn’t care to a point about that because new Queens and Long Island fans will fill in the gap. A positive is that in 2027 the USMNT will definitely have a game there (either a friendly or Gold Cup/Nations League match) and I would make the once a year journey to the stadium for that. It just bugs me that it was convenient to get to the Bronx and that won’t continue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter