Boorish behavior

I just returned from a 5 night Magic cruise out of Miami. We had sailed twice on the Dream and I was interested in the comparison. I will post a very favorable review shortly. It was fantastic!
But, I have to post something to see if there was anyone else that witnessed this event on Castaway Cay. The beach was crowded, and a mother began spraying sunblock on her child. Another mother got up and told the woman the residue of the spray had gotten in her young child's eyes. From what I saw, the second mother wasnt aggressive, but did comment on the spraying.
With that, the spraying mother seemed to explode with a barrage of terrible insults on the second mother. Another older woman, im guessing the grandmother, stepped in and the spraying woman actually began spraying the grandmother as she continued the verbal assault. Then the husband came over and got into both of their faces and made the comment, go get your husband so i can kill him. I and others around me were shocked by this threat. People started to gather around, and the sprayer and her husband quickly gathered their belongings and left the area after the other two women said they were getting security. Thats the last i saw of any of them, but the buzz on the beach continued.
It was a very sad incident to think that even on paradise (Castaway Cay) people act like this.
Absolutely disgraceful and unacceptable!!

Boorish behavior is bringing your clearly under 10 year old kids into the adults only pool area and then crying rule police when folks call you on it. I don’t care if suzie wants to see daddy for a few minutes. Daddy can get out of the pool and go over To the kid section. I find folks who call other folks rule police are the ones breaking the rules.

Boorish behavior is bringing your clearly under 10 year old kids into the adults only pool area and then crying rule police when folks call you on it. I don’t care if suzie wants to see daddy for a few minutes. Daddy can get out of the pool and go over To the kid section. I find folks who call other folks rule police are the ones breaking the rules.
Because they have no other defense to breaking the rules

Someone last week saved spots for NINE family members. He actually laid out blankets across the row. Most obnoxiously, he picked the second row, front and center. He got there right away but some of his party (adults) didn’t come until 8:29. I was surprised none of the staff said anything about the blanket saving spots!

On one of our cruises we were first in line for the theater and of course a long line behind us. They opened the door and we walked in and were at the steps when a couple kids pushed through us causing my husband to fall on the stairs. The kids kept running and got their precious spot in the front row as the parents step around us with my husband down.. Not one apology from them. Not even "are you ok". People that were actually behind us in line were horrified by that family. That family was not even immediately behind us in the line so the kids actually pushed through quite a few people to get in front us. My husband was fine but definitely angry and rightfully so.

Last edited:

It looks like seat saving at the pool is the thing now. I was on the Fantasy a few weeks back and what would happen is people would clip their towels to the chairs on the way to breakfast. They would remain there for the day. It’s just the way it is now.

It looks like seat saving at the pool is the thing now. I was on the Fantasy a few weeks back and what would happen is people would clip their towels to the chairs on the way to breakfast. They would remain there for the day. It’s just the way it is now.

Sounds like DCL needs to take some sort of action. On the Magic this summer there was a CM out on the adult pool deck who tried to find a seat for everyone, even if it meant moving those towels that people weren't using. They also do that at the Grand Californian, and good thing or we couldn't have found a place to sit. One time, about an hour or so after we were seated, people showed up (no they weren't in the pool area or in the pool) and told us we were sitting in their loungers. I told them there was nothing on them when we sat down and that they could go talk to the CMs. It's getting out of hand and frankly is making a Disney trip too unpleasant.

Just got off our cruise on Saturday and saw two things in the theatres (one of which I have never seen before in all my cruises).

The first was a girl filming many scenes of one of the stage shows. It annoyed me but I did not want to get up during the show to find a CM. There were none in the area. And the other was someone who brought a child's potty seat into the theatre and sat it at the aisle and let the child go. Yep, right there in the aisle. I totally understand the frustration of potty training but I really could not believe what I saw.

MJ

And the other was someone who brought a child's potty seat into the theatre and sat it at the aisle and let the child go. Yep, right there in the aisle. I totally understand the frustration of potty training but I really could not believe what I saw.
Admittedly we would move the potty around with DD when she was first learning. But we never moved it with us into public, shared spaces! :scared1:

Totally unacceptable. :furious:

Just got off our cruise on Saturday and saw two things in the theatres (one of which I have never seen before in all my cruises).

The first was a girl filming many scenes of one of the stage shows. It annoyed me but I did not want to get up during the show to find a CM. There were none in the area. And the other was someone who brought a child's potty seat into the theatre and sat it at the aisle and let the child go. Yep, right there in the aisle. I totally understand the frustration of potty training but I really could not believe what I saw.

MJ

OK, that's totally unacceptable. I think at that point I would have found a CM and told them to deal with it. We sailed for 10 days this summer and rarely saw any boorish behavior. This thread has me thinking that our itinerary was the reason and also that we might need to think about sailing on other cruise lines. :(

MJ

Wow. Are we handing out awards for the boorish-iest DCL guests? Because I don't think we are going to ever top public potty use.

MJ

My jaw is on the floor. Wow. Just wow. You know, MJ, this is one of those things that if you did not see it you probably would not believe it. Pretty shocking. How gross to think that they then picked up that thing with urine and or feces in it and then carried it around for a while either to a restroom or to their cabin. Or, maybe they decided to bring it with them to the dining room and their little snowflake used it in there, too. Truly unbelievable and rude.

MJ

The potty seat in the theatre really takes the cake. Wow.

This was on Magic last week. 7 am. Net is still over the pool. The weather wasn't even that great and there were plenty of seats available all day. 46507951_10158088297249741_1718069029584764928_n.jpg

Just got back last week and the ship was full of entitled people. Probably the worse I’ve ever encountered in my 17 cruises. From the pool to castaway and the theater. I’m not excited for my next sailing as this really soured my cruise experience. I did leave feedback on some of this behavior on my online survey.

We had a fantastic cruise otherwise. Everyone was super friendly and respectful of others' spaces. I don't want to judge but I just could not believe it...maybe a first time cruiser and they didn't know how close all the public bathrooms are to anywhere you are or maybe a fear of the toilets flushing?

We had a fantastic cruise otherwise. Everyone was super friendly and respectful of others' spaces. I don't want to judge but I just could not believe it...maybe a first time cruiser and they didn't know how close all the public bathrooms are to anywhere you are or maybe a fear of the toilets flushing?

That's very generous of you. But, anyone who has the foresight to carry a potty with them can have enough foresight to figure out where the public bathrooms are. I have great sympathy for that poor child.

This was on Magic last week. 7 am. Net is still over the pool. The weather wasn't even that great and there were plenty of seats available all day. View attachment 366268
Did you notice if anyone actually even used those chairs all day?

I found 1 chair available on Castaway Cay on our last trip. One. Out in the sun beside the fence to the cabanas. There were plenty of chairs without people in them, but all were 'claimed'. Furthermore, they didn't just have the loungers, but many had those low beach chairs pulled right up to their lounger and had stuff on those, too. We went just before lunch, so we weren't early, but I had hoped there would be more selection than that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter