Boo to you! MNSSHP official thread 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
So excited for this! It'll be my first time going and effectively my first Halloween party as we don't really celebrate it over here, just need to decide what we're going to dress up as :woohoo:

Congrats on your first trip to WDW and to the US! I hope you have a fantastic time!

I will be there from Sept. 29th threw October 6th. What day do you think I should go?

We will be there Oct 26 - Nov 2. I have 3 boys - 13,11 and 8. I will leave it up to them whether we dress up, but I fear they will feel they are too cool for that (the oldest is at that age and the other two tend to follow suit)

This will be our first Disney party ever too! Can't wait! Still up in the air whether or not we want to do costumes or not. It's just me and my husband, no kids and he thinks it will either be too hot or he will just feel silly.

I don't think age matters in this instance nor does not having kids, my friend and I are dressing up at 29 and 30 with no kids in sight (neither of us have any) - it's all apart of the fun and excitement to us ::yes::

Congrats on your first trip to WDW and to the US! I hope you have a fantastic time!

Thanks! I hope so too, just wish October would come already as we've been planning and saving since June last year :hyper:

We are going to be there from October 1 -8 for the ToT. I am hoping for an October 3rd MNSSHP. DS(14) is going as Flynn. He has a man crush and is hoping to meet him. Heck so am I! :rotfl2: I am undecided for a costume... Might just wear my pirate costume again. I am doing a Skellington tutu for the race. No ideas yet from da kid for himself.

We are going!! We plan on going to the first party on September 10th. This will be our 5th party. It is just DH and I and we love them.

We can GUESS September dates based on park hours for MK closing at 7pm, then here are the *TENTATIVE* dates for September MNSSHP:

9/10/13
9/13/13
9/17/13
9/20/13
9/24/13
9/27/13

Any reason you left off 9/29/13? MK closes at 7 on that day, so I assume it would be a MNSSHP night.

Ok, so we have been to Disney World before, our last trip was just in January of 2013. We are going Oct 3-8th and dh is going to run the TOT 10 miler.

That being sad we have never been to the MNSSP party and we are all excited. My kids are character hunters and will wait in lines for them over rides or other events, however I don't want spend the whole entire party in lines for them.

They both want to see the Dwarfs and dd is desperate to see Rapunzel with Flynn. Other then that, I'm not sure who else.

So what should we do first? and who else should we see?

Thanks

We went to our first MNSSHP last year. Had been hesitant since our first experience with party (MVMCP) was not positive (our kids were too young). But we had so much fun we are going back this year - to both MNSSHP and MVMCP.

I got in line for Dwarves about 550pm last year on the 1st party. I was about 10 groups back. I waited in line with my baby while DH had my other 3 kids. I let the people around me know when I got there. I told them that I didn't want to wait in line with my kids (then 6, 7, 8) for more than an hour and I'm sure they appreciated not having to be around my kids that long too.

I don't do that for every character, but also did that for Genie & Abu because the wait was longer due to characters not being out due to parade.

My kids love to hunt characters and we did get a bunch. We still saw parade, Villains bash, did a dance party and trick or treated. We didn't get every character we wanted, so just prioritize who you want to meet. Characters after the Villain Bash only met for about 15 mins after each show so you might want to budget watching that twice, if you are interested in meeting Villains.

We'll be there - one of the later October dates. It'll be our first Disney party!! Super excited! :D

We went twice on our trip last September and plan to go twice again this September. Can't wait!!

Yay! This will be our first year going as Florida residents! I'm so excited! I've just got to figure out when will be the best time for us to go. We're 3 hours way in Naples, so we'll definately have to spend several days. So excited! We went a few years ago and had a blast!

We are in Cape Coral and we are recent Florida residents too! Gotta love it!

This is everyone's first Disney trip and the party will make it that much more special! My husband is so annoyed with me as I am constantly telling him all the amazing things we can do at Disney:thumbsup2

Guess we're kind of the oddity here. We will be making our 50th (or 51st, I lost count) trip and while we have attended MNSSHP before this is the first time we've rented a kid! Really looking forward to the party this time! Hope she can keep up with the old folks:cool1:

thorphin said:
Any reason you left off 9/29/13? MK closes at 7 on that day, so I assume it would be a MNSSHP night.

You are correct!! 09/29 is also a 7pm closing ;)

Okay, so my questions:

1. Do they offer dessert parties during MNSSHP?

2. I'm going to take a wild guess and say that maybe the princess will meet at the new fairy tale hall... Is this a safe bet?

3. Photopass ops: cinderella's coach, hitch hiking ghost by haunted mansion, smokey pic by PoC... Any other special photopass ops I'm
Missing

4. Where is this golden horseshoe? DD4 loves Jessie but I have no clue where horseshoe is...

5. Are genie and Abu in two separate lines?

I'm sure I have other questions but I'm tired and can't think of them right now ;)

Okay, so my questions:;)

I'll answer the ones that I can. :)

:confused3 I'm not sure, although I wouldn't recommend it on a party night. You'll waste valuable party time here, at least an hour or more.

2. I'm going to take a wild guess and say that maybe the princess will meet at the new fairy tale hall... Is this a safe bet?
No one knows yet. There is no official opening for the new Princess Hall. Last year Rapunzel, Cinderella and Snow White met their their Princes in Town Square. Aurora met with Prince Phillip in Fantasyland, Tiana and Naveen met at their usual spot. Jasmine met in Adventureland (her usual spot) Belle and Ariel didn't meet for the Halloween party, although they are in their new "homes" now and were regularly meeting for the Christmas Party (note Belle's location isn't a traditional meet and greet, it's a short "show" where she retells the Beauty and the Beast Show. No autographs but you can get photos with Belle afterwards)

3. Photopass ops: cinderella's coach, hitch hiking ghost by haunted mansion, smokey pic by PoC... Any other special photopass ops I'm
Missing?
I can't think of any others, someone else might come along and add in a few.

4. Where is this golden horseshoe? DD4 loves Jessie but I have no clue where horseshoe is...
It's in Liberty Square. They hold Woody's Happy Harvest Roundup with Woody, Jessie and Bullseye. It's not an official meet and greet, it's a dance party and the characters rarely pose for photos unless it's very quite. The later you go the party, the quieter it is. You can take candid photos on the dance floor. Also Jessie meets with Woody near Splash Mountain. You can enter MK from 4pm and you should be able to catch them for a regular meet and greet before the party.

Genie and Abu are generally two separate lines. Aladdin meets with Abu, Jasmine needs with Genie. The two pairs swap out meets throughout the night.

6. Is Pinocchio at MNSSHP?
He wasn't in 2012. No one knows whether he will be for 2013. There have been rumors they he will start meeting regularly again but nothing has been confirmed.

Disney_Princess83 said:
I'll answer the ones that I can. :)

:confused3 I'm not sure, although I wouldn't recommend it on a party night. You'll waste valuable party time here, at least an hour or more.

No one knows yet. There is no official opening for the new Princess Hall. Last year Rapunzel, Cinderella and Snow White met their their Princes in Town Square. Aurora met with Prince Phillip in Fantasyland, Tiana and Naveen met at their usual spot. Jasmine met in Adventureland (her usual spot) Belle and Ariel didn't meet for the Halloween party, although they are in their new "homes" now and were regularly meeting for the Christmas Party (note Belle's location isn't a traditional meet and greet, it's a short "show" where she retells the Beauty and the Beast Show. No autographs but you can get photos with Belle afterwards)

Missing?
I can't think of any others, someone else might come along and add in a few.

It's in Liberty Square. They hold Woody's Happy Harvest Roundup with Woody, Jessie and Bullseye. It's not an official meet and greet, it's a dance party and the characters rarely pose for photos unless it's very quite. The later you go the party, the quieter it is. You can take candid photos on the dance floor. Also Jessie meets with Woody near Splash Mountain. You can enter MK from 4pm and you should be able to catch them for a regular meet and greet before the party.

Genie and Abu are generally two separate lines. Aladdin meets with Abu, Jasmine needs with Genie. The two pairs swap out meets throughout the night.

6. Is Pinocchio at MNSSHP?
He wasn't in 2012. No one knows whether he will be for 2013. There have been rumors they he will start meeting regularly again but nothing has been confirmed.

Thanks Princess!!! Sounds like so much fun! I was wondering about #1 because if there isn't would that terrace be open to all guests? Seems like a great spot to watch from ;). Thanks for all the info. I'm getting so excited!

Where is the dwarves meet and greet located usually? I was thinking near the mine ride even though it isn't going to be open yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter