Boo to you! MNSSHP official thread 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raya

DIS Veteran
It's now less than 180 days until party time! I thought I'd add a few FAQ.

What days will the party be held?
Tuesday, 9/10/13,
Friday, 9/13/13,
Tuesday, 9/17/13,
Friday, 9/20/13
Tuesday, 9/24/13
Friday, 9/27/13
Sunday, 9/29/13
Thursday. 10/3
Friday, 10/4
Sunday, 10/6
Thursday, 10/10
Friday, 10/11
Monday, 10/14
Thursday, 10/17
Friday, 10/18
Sunday, 10/20
Tuesday, 10/22
Thursday, 10/24
Friday, 10/25
Sunday, 10/27
Tuesday, 10/29
Thursday, 10/31
Friday, 11/01

Where can I buy tickets?
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events/mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party/purchase/

What parties sell out?
Definitely Halloween, and usually a few parties around then. Friday night parties tend to be more crowded and have a better chance of selling out.

What attractions are open?
here's a list based on last year's map. (Thanks to letthewookiewin)

When can I get into the park on party day?
4pm, even if you're in a super huge costume.

Do people wear super huge costumes?
Oh yes.

But surely not the grown ups! Costumes are for kids.
I may be an adult but I'll never be too grown up to put on a costume. There are many adults who agree with me.

My child has allergies, what can I do?
Collect treats from the treat trails as usual, take the candy to Main Street, City Hall and swap it for candy they can enjoy.

Woe is me. I eat a Paleo/whole food diet, there's nothing at the party for me.
Not so, Adventure land gives out whole bananas and most treat stations offer apple slices and carrot sticks. Healthy treats are usually offered after the regular treats, but often have no line.

As soon as the dates and rates are released I'll add them here.

Definitely not too early! My parents are hoping to catch the last mnsshp so I'll be looking out for when the tickets are released and how to buy them.

I'm actually looking to avoid MNSSHP and MVMCP this year. Seems like we are always going during party season and I feel like we're missing MK time because it's closing for parties. I'm hoping for a clear first week in November.

:woohoo::woohoo: Yay! BOO to ME! I can't wait for this year's party! Also our first SOA and Wishes Dessert Party! 10 more days with the Mouse, and some very, very special celebrations this year! :yay::yay:

We are going to our first MNSSHP in late October so I'm looking forward to information coming out! So excited :)

Yay. It's our first year going to the party. We are very excited. Only 211 days.

Definitely not too early! We'll be going for the first time this year with another family of first timers. Our first ever trip is still in a couple of months. I have done nothing but plan this upcoming trip, and our friends are NOT planners, so I will have to manage to plan for the two families without completely driving them nuts by overplanning. I think my best bet is to start planning now until every second of the night is planned and then once I've been to the world and managed a few planning conversations with them, whittle the plans down. Lol. I need to get my planning fix in though.

Dose anyone know when the dates will be released? Also this will be my time to MNSSHP. I'm in CA.
Dose anyone know if they allow you in costume to any of the other parks on the night of MNSSHP? I will be wearing a Cats the musical type of costume. It will be a cross between a Cheetah and a tiger.

Dose anyone know when the dates will be released? Also this will be my time to MNSSHP. I'm in CA.
Dose anyone know if they allow you in costume to any of the other parks on the night of MNSSHP? I will be wearing a Cats the musical type of costume. It will be a cross between a Cheetah and a tiger.

Late April/Early May historically. I would expect Cheshire Figment to start his official thread as soon as he knows and posts the dates.

Generally, no costumes are allowed in other parks.

Never to early for Halloween talk.

We have 12 going- hoping for Tues Oct. 8th.

Super excited!! This will be my first Halloween Party. DD and I will be taking a Mother-Daughter trip and attending the Halloween night party!!:woohoo:pirate: An added bonus will be our first Food & wine festival, yippee!

I have been waiting for an official thread and was hoping Cheshire Figment would start one soon!!

We can GUESS September dates based on park hours for MK closing at 7pm, then here are the *TENTATIVE* dates for September MNSSHP:

9/10/13
9/13/13
9/17/13
9/20/13
9/24/13
9/27/13 - also my birthday for any DISers thinking of getting me an all expense trip to Disney ;)

Of couse we are going in October, so i'm keeping my eye out of October dates. It will be our first MNSSHP, so I have lots of questions I'm saving for the official thread... I'm wondering if I should start ;)

Well thanks for getting that song stuck in my head...its really not so scary.

We will be running in the TOT 10 mile race again...so we'll probably be attending a party around that time. I am kind of thinking of being a female Indiana Jones this time. Last year I was kinda sad cause I always think guys have the better costume choices (I was never really into princesses). So this year I just decided that who cares, its Halloween, I'll just be my hero Indy anyway.

This trip will be our first time at the MNSSHP. We heard they hand out treats at certain spots. Do they hand out maps for the kids to follow? I'll be making my granddaughter a Snow White costume and figure Poppop can be her Grumpy :)

Never to early for Halloween talk.

We have 12 going- hoping for Tues Oct. 8th.

Here's the tricky part... if you go by last year... they swap to Mondays early in October... last year they had Monday/Thursday/Friday for the first couple weeks of October... it's kind of weird. Then I think they switch back to Mondays later in October.

So I'm definitely trying to figure out what we are doing so we can plan accordingly.

*IF* they go with a schedule similar to last year, it might be Monday October 7th and Thursday the 10th, and Friday the 11th. We are going that week, which is why I'm trying to figure out what the plan is.

It's hard to plan ADRs without knowing what night we'll be at the party, so I'm looking forward to getting a peak at October hours ;)

Halloween is apparently my kids' favorite holiday because they're already planning their costumes, and already planning what to do at MNSSHP! It cracks me up, because our son was only 2 on our last trip, and was a total crab during our party time, fell asleep right after the first villain show, woke up during the finale of the fireworks, and was crabby for the rest of the night, including through the parade. I swear he hated the whole thing, but he's been running through the house signing Boo to You for a week now. I don't know how he even remembers it!

This trip will be our first time at the MNSSHP. We heard they hand out treats at certain spots. Do they hand out maps for the kids to follow? I'll be making my granddaughter a Snow White costume and figure Poppop can be her Grumpy :)

All party maps will show the trick-or-treat locations. Small bags will also be provided.

Here's the tricky part... if you go by last year... they swap to Mondays early in October... last year they had Monday/Thursday/Friday for the first couple weeks of October... it's kind of weird. Then I think they switch back to Mondays later in October.

Actually, the only Monday party last year was on Columbus Day, which was October 8th. If they do the same this year, Columbus Day is on October 14th. Otherwise, I think you'd be pretty safe in assuming Sundays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.

We will be there Halloween night, we hope! What is the trick and treating like on busy nights like that. I will have a 3 and 7 year old then, trick or treating, shows, parade and ambience will be our priority. Don't care about meet and greets except we have to see Alice and friends as we will be dressed as wonderland characters. We also will probably have to see the first parade...as the kids won't make it past that...can't wait to map out a plan for the night!

Oh, I am interested n the nights too as it affects what parks we got to other days...I'd like to see a Spector parade as we haven't seen any parade but MVMCP for our previous visits. With the date shifts this year it is confusing to do a side by side comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts