Boo to you! MNSSHP official thread 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will be there Halloween night, we hope!

1. What is the trick and treating like on busy nights like that. I will have a 3 and 7 year old then, trick or treating, shows, parade and ambience will be our priority.

2. Don't care about meet and greets except we have to see Alice and friends as we will be dressed as wonderland characters.

3. We also will probably have to see the first parade...as the kids won't make it past that...can't wait to map out a plan for the night!

Oh, I am interested n the nights too as it affects what parks we got to other days...

4. I'd like to see a Spector parade as we haven't seen any parade but MVMCP for our previous visits. With the date shifts this year it is confusing to do a side by side comparison.

1. Lines will likely be long, but they typically move pretty fast.

2. Those characters have historically met by Mad Tea Party.

3. It will be very crowded. Plan on arriving at least 30-45 minutes before the parade starts, depending on where on the route you plan to see it from.

4. SpectroMagic is not offered and is not expected to be offered for the foreseeable future. Main Street Electrical Parade will be offered on non-party nights, but expect those to be crowded as well because of the limited nights it is offered.

siskaren said:
Actually, the only Monday party last year was on Columbus Day, which was October 8th. If they do the same this year, Columbus Day is on October 14th. Otherwise, I think you'd be pretty safe in assuming Sundays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.

I hope so. Dh is running the tot on sat oct 5th and hoping for one Sunday night, so we can having a relaxing morning/early afternoon.

Thanks Mesaboy! Always so helpful...

Are some of the lines better than others...I guess it would depend how you define better...faster? More pleasant/better themed?

Also, how many lines do you think small kids should go through...men would be happy with about 15-20 pieces of candy...assuming these are bite size typical trick or treat sweets.

Also, my daughter has peanut allergies...do they have allergy-friendly candy...if not I will be sure to bring some and trade it out!

As for the parade on non-part nights...I am sort of hoping for FP+ by then...that it may be my ticket to a parade spot to view MSEP (forgot it replaced Spectro) without pulling my hair out...we have avoided the 1-2 non-party nights in all our past trips to avoid the mayhem...but i do want to see an electrical parade once in my life! ha!

Totally new to the Disney experience, this will be our first trip ever (except DH, but he went back in the 1980's when he was a kid).

1) When you purchase tickets are they for a specific night, or can you just pick one of the nights it is offered while you are there?

2) How much candy do they really get at the trick or treat spots?

3) Can you get pictures taken with the kids while they are getting candy from the characters?

4) Do a lot of adults really dress up, or is the dress up really mostly for the kids. I have an easy costume (Ren Fair Garb), but hubby does not.

Thanks Mesaboy! Always so helpful...

1. Are some of the lines better than others...I guess it would depend how you define better...faster? More pleasant/better themed?

2. Also, how many lines do you think small kids should go through...men would be happy with about 15-20 pieces of candy...assuming these are bite size typical trick or treat sweets.

3. Also, my daughter has peanut allergies...do they have allergy-friendly candy...if not I will be sure to bring some and trade it out!

As for the parade on non-part nights...I am sort of hoping for FP+ by then...that it may be my ticket to a parade spot to view MSEP (forgot it replaced Spectro) without pulling my hair out...we have avoided the 1-2 non-party nights in all our past trips to avoid the mayhem...but i do want to see an electrical parade once in my life! ha!

1. The Splash Mountain and Alice TorT "trails" are the only two that are noteworthy to me. Each has multiple candy stations along the route, and some light theming along the way. The Splash one tends to be crowded, the Alice one (which runs behind the Speedway between Storybook Circus and Tomorrowland) not so much. All the other stops are basically walk through a line and a CM gives you candy.

2. Do as many as you like, as many times as you like. You will likely fill the small bag with some decent candy by the end of the night. Some bring additional bags for the overage.

3. Absolutely. You can stop by Guest Relations for allergy-free treats instead. The regular stops offer only regular candy, or sometimes fruit (the Jungle Cruise stop did bananas last year).

Totally new to the Disney experience, this will be our first trip ever (except DH, but he went back in the 1980's when he was a kid).

1) When you purchase tickets are they for a specific night, or can you just pick one of the nights it is offered while you are there?

2) How much candy do they really get at the trick or treat spots?

3) Can you get pictures taken with the kids while they are getting candy from the characters?

4) Do a lot of adults really dress up, or is the dress up really mostly for the kids. I have an easy costume (Ren Fair Garb), but hubby does not.

1. You purchase tickets for a particular night. Some have reported success swapping their tickets for another night in the past, but your ticket must be for the night it is printed for.

2. Lots. See above.

3. Characters don't hand out candy, only CMs.

4. Call it 50/50 for the adults, much more than that for kids of course.

Ok, so we have been to Disney World before, our last trip was just in January of 2013. We are going Oct 3-8th and dh is going to run the TOT 10 miler.

That being sad we have never been to the MNSSP party and we are all excited. My kids are character hunters and will wait in lines for them over rides or other events, however I don't want spend the whole entire party in lines for them.

They both want to see the Dwarfs and dd is desperate to see Rapunzel with Flynn. Other then that, I'm not sure who else.

So what should we do first? and who else should we see?

Thanks

Spunky946 said:
Ok, so we have been to Disney World before, our last trip was just in January of 2013. We are going Oct 3-8th and dh is going to run the TOT 10 miler.

That being sad we have never been to the MNSSP party and we are all excited. My kids are character hunters and will wait in lines for them over rides or other events, however I don't want spend the whole entire party in lines for them.

They both want to see the Dwarfs and dd is desperate to see Rapunzel with Flynn. Other then that, I'm not sure who else.

So what should we do first? and who else should we see?

Thanks

Dwarves first, then princesses (which includes R/F). I recommend getting in line for the Dwarves well before party start, maybe 6:00p or so. Might be better served to wait on princesses until a parade or near the end of the night. Be careful with waiting though, since M&G lines are cut before close, sometimes an hour or so before.

I recommend any villains you might be interested in too. Maleficent, Snow Queen, Cruella, and Facilier are all good gets.

Dwarves first, then princesses (which includes R/F). I recommend getting in line for the Dwarves well before party start, maybe 6:00p or so. Might be better served to wait on princesses until a parade or near the end of the night. Be careful with waiting though, since M&G lines are cut before close, sometimes an hour or so before.

I recommend any villains you might be interested in too. Maleficent, Snow Queen, Cruella, and Facilier are all good gets.

Thanks. Is the dwarf line one of those lines that we all have to wait in, or is it acceptable for all of us to get in line and then one parent stay and the other parent go take the kids to do other stuff?

Spunky946 said:
Thanks. Is the dwarf line one of those lines that we all have to wait in, or is it acceptable for all of us to get in line and then one parent stay and the other parent go take the kids to do other stuff?

Always a situational thing. I think you'll find others around you interested in doing the same. I'd talk them up and feel them out. The line is typically outside and easy to get to, but this is very much an etiquette thing and often get dicey on boards like this.

Always a situational thing. I think you'll find others around you interested in doing the same. I'd talk them up and feel them out. The line is typically outside and easy to get to, but this is very much an etiquette thing and often get dicey on boards like this.

Thanks, I'll remember that. I'm getting excited. I'm assuming at some point there will be a map of the party that we can look at. that has the characters and trick or treat spots.

Spunky946 said:
Thanks, I'll remember that. I'm getting excited. I'm assuming at some point there will be a map of the party that we can look at. that has the characters and trick or treat spots.

It'll almost certainly be posted here and on the interwebs the day of he first party.

This will be our 4th MNSSHP and can't wait. We live 2 hours away from Disney and had to cancel our trip over this past weekend due to a $1700 truck repair bill, so DH said we could go in the fall and even stay an extra day. I told him only if we can stay at the Poly, he agreed. I had booked a room at Port Orleans for this past weekend, nice step up. So now I get an extra day, get to stay at the Poly, go to MNSSHP, and maybe go to a dessert party. Not a bad offer. I'm excited, making plans, looking for deals, all that good stuff that goes into a Disney trip. Too early to talk about October nonsense.

Yay! This will be our first year going as Florida residents! I'm so excited! I've just got to figure out when will be the best time for us to go. We're 3 hours way in Naples, so we'll definately have to spend several days. So excited! We went a few years ago and had a blast!

*points down*

My 2nd MNSSHP and my sister's first party! She hasn't been since 1995 and I haven't been since '09. CAN'T WAIT!

We plan on doing at least one party while we're there - 10/22 - and if I can talk her into it, another one!

We'll be the girls with horns on our heads!

So excited for this! It'll be my first time going and effectively my first Halloween party as we don't really celebrate it over here, just need to decide what we're going to dress up as :woohoo:

This will be our first Disney party ever too! Can't wait! Still up in the air whether or not we want to do costumes or not. It's just me and my husband, no kids and he thinks it will either be too hot or he will just feel silly. I'm thinking at the very least I will get a Sorcerer Mickey hat or something. SUPER excited about all the rare characters! So besides 7 dwarfs & villains, who else should we be on the lookout for? Are there a bunch kind of all over? Or is it mostly the dwarfs, princesses & villains? Are the characters dressed up for Halloween? SO EXCITED! :goodvibes

we are tentatively planned to arrive around 1 o'clock at MCO on November 1 and I'm anxiously awaiting to see if the last party might be on November 1 or 2. Anybody have some ideas on that? Our plan is to do MNSSHP and MVMCP in the same trip :bitelip: (November 1-15)

We are going Oct 31 - Nov 10. Hopefully hitting last MNSSHP and the first MVMCP. Fingers crossed!:banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter