BOG Breakfast or Lunch?

I have done all three meals. I have been happy with all three meals. For lunch, my mom and I split a meal and each got dessert. For breakfast, we didn't, and the meal was delicious (open faced sandwich with poached eggs on croissant), but we could have split that too, especially with the pastries. However, we got a ton of Disney gift cards for Christmas, so we just used those for most of our meals, including this one.
I did see at least two families for breakfast order like two entrees, some cupcakes, extra drinks, and that was it.
The breakfast is awesome for PPO if your ADR is early. If you really want lunch, I'd suggest looking at Touring Plans rez finder.

Thanks everyone for the info!

Yes, the grandkids want to eat there and of course that will happen! The only quandary was ...keep breakfast res or try for lunch? I'm good with breakfast because it helps me get everyone out early. My daughter prefers lunch as she is a little more frugal with price and likes to sleep in. The grandkids could care less they just want to eat at Beast / Belle's castle. I'm with the grandkids!!

I didn't realize there was a higher charge for breakfast for benefit of early entry?? We have had early breakfast at CP before I didn't notice the price change? Our res is for 0900 - same time as park opening so not that big of a benefit, I know we can get in earlier due to res but still, arrrgh!

This does bring up a question on early entry; I saw some chatter on the dis a while back about early entry (not for early ADRs but just opening gates early)- does this still happen and what's the parameters. As I recall it was and hour earlier. If park opens at 0900 they would open gates at 0800? To everyone? Does this still happen and if so my 0900 res at BOG serves no purpose for this benefit.

I didn't realize Breakfast and lunch would be QS credit on DDP. That would be a good deal! Although haven't done the dining plan in a while (places we usually ate, we would break even or sometimes lose money with DDp) but we may re evaluate for future trips.

One post mentioned friends wanting to see the Beast. Is this a character meal? Who Beast, Belle..? Breakfast, lunch or dinner? Which meal/s?

Thanks again for the info!

Since you said Grandkids, I'd be tempted just to let them eat CUPCAKES for breakfast!!
Grandkids heck!!! That's what I'm talking about!!! I love cupcakes! Oh...yes the grand kids do too!!

I think the answer to real breakfast or cupcakes? Will be - YES!!!

We were on the dining plan, so breakfast and lunch were both absolutely worth it! We did enjoy lunch much more (cupcakes are fabulous!), but we enjoyed breakfast too. Make sure you pick out your food ahead of time!

We are doing dinner on our next trip but mainly because a friend of ours is coming and wants to meet the Beast.

"Pick out food early" are you referring to the mobile order option within MDE? I didn't see BOG on the initial list of restaurants offered, has it been added? Does it work out well?

"Pick out food early" are you referring to the mobile order option within MDE? I didn't see BOG on the initial list of restaurants offered, has it been added? Does it work out well?

BOG was the first restaurant they did this with! :) My fiance didn't care for it as he is a "pick out my food on the spot" kind of person, but you skip MAJOR lines if you order ahead of time. You just check in, get your rose, and take your seat. They bring the food right out.

If you don't preorder, you check in, wait in a separate line to order, and then take your seat.

IMG_2859.JPG We loved BOG breakfast. Lots of food, we couldn't finish it all. The pastries were really good as was everything else. Yes we did the Grey Stuff too at breakfast

Reactions: dfb
BOG was the first restaurant they did this with! :) My fiance didn't care for it as he is a "pick out my food on the spot" kind of person, but you skip MAJOR lines if you order ahead of time. You just check in, get your rose, and take your seat. They bring the food right out.

If you don't preorder, you check in, wait in a separate line to order, and then take your seat.
Cool! Thanks we'll definitely use the preorder.

This is what I was referring to earlier. I think we are talking two different processes? Wasn't familiar with either process but apparently there is some difference between pre order at BOG and the mobile order app within MDE. Here's the article I read a few weeks ago.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/mymag...ng-soon-to-five-magic-kingdom-restaurants.htm

Both accomplish the same thing but set up differently. Not sure why?

Anyway thanks for the info. Although I now remember reading about the BOG pre order when you posted, I otherwise would have forgotten and wound up standing in line. Maybe?? Early breakfast??

This is what I was referring to earlier. I think we are talking two different processes? Wasn't familiar with either process but apparently there is some difference between pre order at BOG and the mobile order app within MDE. Here's the article I read a few weeks ago.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/mymag...ng-soon-to-five-magic-kingdom-restaurants.htm

Both accomplish the same thing but set up differently. Not sure why?

Anyway thanks for the info. Although I now remember reading about the BOG pre order when you posted, I otherwise would have forgotten and wound up standing in line. Maybe?? Early breakfast??

It does look a little different. We had to pay at the restaurant when we got there, not from an app. I know with BOG there was a cut-off as well for when you can place orders. I didn't see a mention of that in this article.

I wasn't aware that they were different haha I guess I just assumed that they would be like BOG when they came out with mobile ordering.

I ate at BoG for lunch on New year's Eve 2 years ago. The food was pretty good (the grey stuff is delicious). It obviously has amazing theming. My only complaint was the way the quick service flowed. Had to wait in a long line inside for a kiosk, had to find our own table, table was dirty. Nothing major though and we still had a nice time. I made reservations for dinner there this New year's Eve. I'm excited to see the differences.

I've only heard good things about dinner

LOL Well, now you can hear good things about lunch!! :D

We've eaten lunch at BOG every trip once, sometimes twice - our all time favorites - braised pork and french onion soup! Love, love it. Desserts aren't worth the effort and $$$'s!!

One post mentioned friends wanting to see the Beast. Is this a character meal? Who Beast, Belle..? Breakfast, lunch or dinner? Which meal/s?

Thanks again for the info!

The Beast is available at dinner only. You can meet with him after dinner; he does not come around to tables.

This does bring up a question on early entry; I saw some chatter on the dis a while back about early entry (not for early ADRs but just opening gates early)- does this still happen and what's the parameters. As I recall it was and hour earlier. If park opens at 0900 they would open gates at 0800? To everyone? Does this still happen and if so my 0900 res at BOG serves no purpose for this benefit.

Looks like no one ever answered this. Your 9 am ADR for breakfast is at a really bad time. The park doesn't open an hour earlier, but Main St does. EVERYONE gets onto Main St and they have actual ropes stretched across the entrances to each land. At 8:55, there is a show on the castle steps and then the ropes drop and everyone is let in. With a 9:00 ADR, you'll miss that first hour of lighter touring, and I don't think you get in any earlier. 9:00 is NOT a pre-park opening ADR. They may let you through the rope a bit earlier, but not by much. It still means you're sitting in the castle while everyone else is enjoying lower wait times.

I would keep trying to get an earlier ADR or get one for lunch.

Oh, and the price of the breakfast isn't MORE for those who do get a PPO ADR. The reason the price for breakfast is so high is because Disney knew people would use it to get in the park and onto the rides a little early. That made it a premium priced breakfast. However, you don't HAVE to order breakfast. Order as little or as much as you want.

Looks like no one ever answered this. Your 9 am ADR for breakfast is at a really bad time. The park doesn't open an hour earlier, but Main St does. EVERYONE gets onto Main St and they have actual ropes stretched across the entrances to each land. At 8:55, there is a show on the castle steps and then the ropes drop and everyone is let in. With a 9:00 ADR, you'll miss that first hour of lighter touring, and I don't think you get in any earlier. 9:00 is NOT a pre-park opening ADR. They may let you through the rope a bit earlier, but not by much. It still means you're sitting in the castle while everyone else is enjoying lower wait times.

I would keep trying to get an earlier ADR or get one for lunch.

Oh, and the price of the breakfast isn't MORE for those who do get a PPO ADR. The reason the price for breakfast is so high is because Disney knew people would use it to get in the park and onto the rides a little early. That made it a premium priced breakfast. However, you don't HAVE to order breakfast. Order as little or as much as you want.

Yep, I'll look for a better time but the priority is eating at Belle's castle. So eating at Bell's castle during prime ride time won't be a problem for them.

What time do they actually open the gates? MK opens that day at 0900. Do they open the gates at 0800. Is it usually an hour early or does it vary. When you say Main street opens early, do stores on main street open, or is it just opening the gates to allow folks to reposition to the hub for rope drop?

Yep, I'll look for a better time but the priority is eating at Belle's castle. So eating at Bell's castle during prime ride time won't be a problem for them.

What time do they actually open the gates? MK opens that day at 0900. Do they open the gates at 0800. Is it usually an hour early or does it vary. When you say Main street opens early, do stores on main street open, or is it just opening the gates to allow folks to reposition to the hub for rope drop?

If opening hour stays at 9:00, they will open the gates at 8:00 to allow everyone onto Main St. Yes, the stores on Main St. are open. If they change hours to 8:00 opening, I don't think they open the gates a full hour early, but at least by 7:30.

Sorry but im confused with your statement. You dont HAVE to order breakfast? So just make an ADR to sit there and drink water?

I don't know about ordering nothing but water but I'm pretty sure that you can just order the $5 cupcake.

Grandkids want to eat at BOG. No lunch res available for 8/2 our MK day but did get a res for breakfast. Noticed the prices for breakfast were a bit higher for breakfast than lunch. any particular reason?

I see from other post that lunch for some. is very overrated. Is BOG worth it for lunch or breakfast?
If you know Abbott & Costello, "Third base."

Dinner.

Meet The Beast!

Sorry but im confused with your statement. You dont HAVE to order breakfast? So just make an ADR to sit there and drink water?

I meant you don't have to order a meal. You can just get coffee. You can just get a cupcake. You can just get the fun straw they sell.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter