BOG Breakfast or Lunch?

dfb

Mouseketeer
Grandkids want to eat at BOG. No lunch res available for 8/2 our MK day but did get a res for breakfast. Noticed the prices for breakfast were a bit higher for breakfast than lunch. any particular reason?

I see from other post that lunch for some. is very overrated. Is BOG worth it for lunch or breakfast?

I love BOG for lunch but I have heard mixed reviews of breakfast. Haven't done it myself for breakfast as we almost never do ADRs for breakfast. If they want to dine there, do it! It's a very pretty setting.

I've had lunch there twice, won't be going back. I've heard good things about dinner though. The main reason to eat there is to have a look around, if that's what the grandkids want then ya gotta do it. ;)

I have not eaten there for breakfast. Have had lunch at BOG several times. From all I read and hear, the main issue with breakfast is that you pay a lot for a a little, even by Disney standards. The lunch menu has some good choices and the prices are a bit more reasonable. If you want a lunch ADR check 1-3 days in advance of your target date. It is common for ADRs to open up at the last minute. I have found them like that a few times in the past.

As for dinner, if you are on the dining plan it is a terrific value. I would steer clear if paying OOP

Reactions: dfb
Grandkids want to eat at BOG. No lunch res available for 8/2 our MK day but did get a res for breakfast. Noticed the prices for breakfast were a bit higher for breakfast than lunch. any particular reason?

I see from other post that lunch for some. is very overrated. Is BOG worth it for lunch or breakfast?
We've been there for both breakfast and lunch. Breakfast is priced higher because many people eat there before the park opens, in order to get a head start on riding Seven Dwarfs Mine Train without a wait. That creates a high demand for early breakfast there & higher prices.

The food has been tasty every time we've been. Not worth the high prices necessarily, but you're partly paying for the experience of eating there, which is nice. We prefer lunch to breakfast, but both are good.

Breakfast food is good but yes, very overpriced. It does include your drink and platters of pastries for table. It's a good value for a QSDP credit. You are not required to order for all, I would look at a few meals, then all sharing them and pastries.

Lunch food is good and we like it for our heavy meal of the day (usually get hot item). I think it's a good value for the price compared to other MK QS dining.

Dinner food was okay, I feel the menu is very limited and the experience was virtually no different from breakfast & lunch other than a server took order instead of me placing order. We felt it was overpriced and nothing special from earlier meals.

Last edited:
We were on the dining plan, so breakfast and lunch were both absolutely worth it! We did enjoy lunch much more (cupcakes are fabulous!), but we enjoyed breakfast too. Make sure you pick out your food ahead of time!

We are doing dinner on our next trip but mainly because a friend of ours is coming and wants to meet the Beast.

We love it for lunch...but it's all we've done. We always get the braised pork and it's our main meal of the day. Gotta love the cupcakes, too! That's our anniversary lunch this year! :love2:

Since you said Grandkids, I'd be tempted just to let them eat CUPCAKES for breakfast!!

We were on the dining plan, so breakfast and lunch were both absolutely worth it! We did enjoy lunch much more (cupcakes are fabulous!), but we enjoyed breakfast too. Make sure you pick out your food ahead of time!

We are doing dinner on our next trip but mainly because a friend of ours is coming and wants to meet the Beast.

We have a breakfast reservation for BOG this year. Curious to understand why we should pick out our food early? I have evidentially missed something? :rolleyes1

We have a breakfast reservation for BOG this year. Curious to understand why we should pick out our food early? I have evidentially missed something? :rolleyes1

It's an option they provide so you don't have to deal with crowds at the ordering kiosks. Though I doubt you will have a massive crowd to contend with compared to lunch time. You're fine doing either way I think.

It's an option they provide so you don't have to deal with crowds at the ordering kiosks. Though I doubt you will have a massive crowd to contend with compared to lunch time. You're fine doing either way I think.

Okay! Good you know! I have seen the order early but never quite understood. We have in done dinner at BOG, so this is new to me! Thank you!

We have done lunch and breakfast. We really enjoyed the pre-park ADR for breakfast. We had an 8:00 and were the first in line to enter. Having pre-ordered meant we went straight to our table and passed the order line and yes there was a crowd behind us to order. We finish by 8:30 and rode both SDMT and PP before the park opened. Terrible use of our DDP credit but we truly enjoyed the morning. Food was plentiful and good. Lunch was really good. We were OOP that trip so not a credit issue. Cupcakes are extra yummy and safe my my PA DS.

Okay! Good you know! I have seen the order early but never quite understood. We have in done dinner at BOG, so this is new to me! Thank you!

It does allow you to get in and out of the restaurant faster, and sometimes for PPO breakfast, it can make all the difference on how close to the front of 7DMT or Peter Pan you are.

Think of it this way: You and another person enter your local pizza place at the same time. You called ahead for your take out order, but they didn't. You walk in, pay for your pizza, and you're on your way while they have to order and wait for theirs to be fixed before they can head home.

Lunch is nice; I'd compare it to La Madeline, which I think is far better than most quick service at MK. It is a nice, air conditioned break in a beautiful space. Breakfast was good, but overpriced, so I wouldn't do it again paying out if pocket.

I've done all three meals as well and prefer lunch. The breakfast is nice. I found the quality to be a step up from most QS breakfasts but not worth the price, IMHO. I only do breakfast if on the Dining Plan and if I can get a PPO reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter