• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Boards running so slow!!

Just stopping by again, Alex, 7 AM here in Central time, using Comcast cable. Seems pretty good right now.

ETA--Well, I will take that back. A little slower than normal on post submission. Of late, going back more than a week, post submissions were almost instant. This one took about 7 seconds or so, way better than yesterday, but a bit slower than it has been here of late.

I have Insight cable. Mine is running fine right now, but there have been times over the past few days when it has taken 1-2 minutes (as opposed to the normal one or two seconds) to submit posts and change pages. There doesn't seem to be any pattern to the time of day when it happens, and it is just on the DIS. Everything else will be loading at normal speed except the DIS.

I've been on the boards a lot the last few days (have to get ready for my upcoming trip - woo hoo!) and there has never been a time when I could not get on the boards at all - just many episodes of slow running.

You have to realize there are 2 different issues.

From thursday untill sunday there was a definite problem with our DNS provider. that has since been cleared up. The "slow" performance" issue is a bit different

Just an update - I was flying this morning (7:30 to 8:30) but this afternoon I'm back to sluggish. Delays of about a minute on submitted posts, changing pages is taking almost as long.

Kaycee said:
Just an update - I was flying this morning (7:30 to 8:30) but this afternoon I'm back to sluggish. Delays of about a minute on submitted posts, changing pages is taking almost as long.
Here also.

Flying right now but earlyer was sllooowwww :confused3

Oppss, this post just took longer befor it would post up :(

Adelphia Cable.

on and off slowness here-I have a dsl cable 3 meg connection-and the last 15 min was painful and now it seems better-for how long??I can only hope it stays fast!!!

Hmmmm.....forums were down for a while a couple hours ago
scratchchin.gif

I was flying the last couple of days, figured the problem was solved...then today I posted two responses that took over a minute each to load! :badpc:

Well I am a regular member of many forums and have learned certain things that should and shouldn't be in a forum to make it go faster, smoother, and more organized...I would talk to the ppl/person who's in charge of keeping this forum up and running, but since I'm new here, I'm sure I'd get a "Your new here, you can't tell me/us how to run this place" speech...

If a webmaster wants to hear my thoughts, then PM me...

THANX
C'YA :earsboy:

If you spend any time on the technical board here you will see that there are many very talented webmasters that are on top of any situation here on the DIS.

This is really strange, hope I can get this post through. I was just on the Community Board, not logged in , just reading, and got stuck for a page to change, waited over 8 minutes and it still didn't work, kept clicking other things like Dicussion Forums and no go. Last night, Sun. 1st, I was logged on at 11:05 pm central, I posted once, then I couldn't get anything to work, I couldn't even log out, and I waited anywhere from 6 to 15 minutes. The past week has been ok for a while, then really slow, but last night was the worst. Is there something I need to do to make it better? I really miss the Dis.

I've been keeping an eye on them today and while it has slowed a little as we get high user loads, they have been running pretty well all day.

OH you said 11 central??
I had the database down at midnite eastern for a tune up, I'll bet you got stuck in that

I've just been zipping around different forums, everything is so fast now.

Thanks for the reply, WebmasterAlex! :flower:

WebmasterAlex said:
I've been keeping an eye on them today and while it has slowed a little as we get high user loads, they have been running pretty well all day.

Webmaster Alex? (slowly raises her hand) It took me 9 minutes to get to this thread today
cry-baby.gif
Over the past 12 hours, loading threads and posting replies has taken a long time ... making for a very sad Ziggie :guilty:

Also, while I was trying to read a thread today, the page could not display for me because it couldn't load this image which is the signature image of 05ChristmasSurprise , a member here on the DISboards :guilty:

Picture2copy1.jpg

safetymom said:
If you spend any time on the technical board here you will see that there are many very talented webmasters that are on top of any situation here on the DIS.

I totally agree. These boards are among the best maintained on the net! :goodvibes

I just came over to see if anyone else was having this happen. It started a week ago for me...sometimes the boards fly then sometimes they go veeeeery slow. I have noticed that it occurs more during the busy hours of the day. It also happens mostly when I am waiting for my reply to post.

Is there anything we can do to help?

Edited: After I hit "submit", it took 47 seconds for this post to show up.

Thanks for all you do! I still love this place even if it goes slow sometimes! LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter