• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Boards running so slow!!

ckckc2000

Lost my tag from the Tag Fairy-Drat foiled again!
Please help!!!!-the boards are running sooo slow-it's been taking me 2-7 minutes to post, and edit-also when I submit a new post it will say it's a duplicate post,when it's not-or it says I have to wait 40 sec when I haven't requested a search in over 5-10 minutes! It's causeing so much stress when all I want to do is play and read :confused3

OK, I'll bite. The reason everything is slow is that EVERYONE is online on a Monday afternoon. All the retirees (like me) and all the stay-at-home parents who would otherwise be watching "stories" on TV are looking for something more interesting to do with their lives.

I think we are looking for information and knowledge. (We go to WDW next week.) And to share knowledge when we can. I am worried about those threads that are just games (add one letter, last post, etc). Maybe if those things had a category of their own, some of the more meaningful community board topics would get the attention they need.
Some people post questions that say they are really calling out for help from someone who has an emotional contact (Disney Vacations) with them. I don't think strangers can help them. Other, similar people are on line ALL THE TIME. Why could that be?

I don't want to answer that here.

The boards have been running excruciatingly slow for me since last Thursday (April 14th) :guilty:

Again it's taking so long to just turn a page!!!-There has to be a way to speed things up-Help!!!!!! any one out there!!!! My first question never got answered?!-are we just suppose to pretend it's OK that everything is painfully sloww-I mean I can handle a delay, but over 5min!!!!to do anything Uhggggg!So please is this just going to be the way it is-or are the boards going to be upgraded-if there is such a thing!!! I would love a response-that's why I originally posted on the tech board-?????????????????TIA

I could understand if it only happened at "peak" useage times

but it has been know to happen at 3 AM and there are only a few of us on then??

It doesn't seem to follow any real pattern but whn it is slow
it is Real slow
I have Cable Modem (roadrunner) and at times it still take minutes to load something

Any Ideas Tech people?????

for the past few days I have not been able to get to the boards until after 2:00 pm EST.

Is there server work going on?

Still no answer-but the boards have been better on my end-still wondering though.......

IMO, it's all these pictures in sigs...from what I can tell, the more pix in the sigs on the thread I am looking at, the slower the load time...if DIS were to make a new rule to limit images in sigs then maybe things would be a bit faster...

But I haven't been a member of this forum for very long...I am just speaking from what I have experienced in the many other forums I regularly visit...

The problem is that it seems to be slow for some people and not for others. It's running fine for me. We need to figure out if it is an internet problem or something different

I could not get on at work today. I was surprised when I got home that it was up all day when I looked at the post times.

DebbieB said:
I could not get on at work today. I was surprised when I got home that it was up all day when I looked at the post times.
That is what has been happening to me. Perhaps our employers are blocking the boards? :guilty: :sad2:

sheryl0521 said:
That is what has been happening to me. Perhaps our employers are blocking the boards? :guilty: :sad2:

I don't think so. At my company if you hit a banned site you get a big message (YOU HAVE ATTEMPTED TO ACCESS A BLOCKED SITE). Other internet sites were working. I was reading the Intercot Boards at lunchtime.

I couldn't get on today at work either, then I typed in the IP address instead of www.disboards.com and got it but the boards were running painfully slow. Still slow tonight from home...

That's what is making this so hard to figure out, the boards are flying for me right now and server loads are low

Very spotty here too, Alex. Sometimes page can't be displayed, sometimes just hangs up, post replies are seeing lots of doubels and triples.

It's strange..number of visitors and posts has remained pretty steady, today was almost identical to last monday so if a lot of people were having the problem I would expect to see that drop

Could everyone post who they use for an ISP? Maybe there is a pattern there

WebmasterAlex said:
It's strange..number of visitors and posts has remained pretty steady, today was almost identical to last monday so if a lot of people were having the problem I would expect to see that drop

Could everyone post who they use for an ISP? Maybe there is a pattern there
Alex, I was running pretty slow this afternoon (Monday) around 1:00-2:00 pm. When I got back on line about 5:00 pm everything was fine.

I use a local ISP, small town here. The ISP is run by the local telephone company. I'm on dial-up. Don't know if that's going to help you.

It's definitely just the DIS. I was also doing some google searches and checking some other sites. They all ran fine.

It wasn't as slow today as it was some other days this week. I'd estimate it took about 30 seconds for a post to begin to display, and for a response to a thread to be accepted and then displayed, probably 1 to 2 minutes.

FWIW, my DIS Webmail worked fine, no delays.

Edited: I timed the submission for this response. From when I hit the submit button to when the thread appeared again with my post showing was 9 seconds. That's typical for my dial-up when it works right. The 1 - 2 minutes experienced earlier is very atypical.

Bill

I could not get on the site all day Saturday. Sunday and Monday were hit or miss. I would get on and then not be able to go anywhere on the site. Kept getting error messages. This happened on two different computer hook ups. Both use Explorer. I was on another message board where other people mentioned having trouble accessing the disboards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter