• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Boards running so slow!!

Just thought you'd like to know, it's only when I try to access the UK forums that I have any lags or freeze-ups. When I go into the 'American' boards everything's fine, yet you guys are all saying you have problems here! What the heck's the problem? Loads of frustrated UK Dissers over here because of it!

The site is crawling for me :guilty: Lonnnng time to load and post ~

Ziggie be very sad :guilty:

I can navigate to threads fairly quickly. When I click on "Post Reply", the form comes up quickly. But once I compose my post, it takes a loooonnnnng time to complete. Same for editing existing posts. In the last hour, each post attempt has taken about 5 minutes to complete. In one case, the attempt timed out after 10 minutes...I hit the back arrow, and resubmitted it...That attempt completed a few minutes later, and I discovered that I had a dupllicate post! (So, the one that timed out actually completed, but timed out trying to take me to the next screen?)

I am running over cable...Everything is cooking along just fine, except for editing/posting.

:confused3 :scratchin

Update: Hmmm...Wouldn't you know it, this one posted near instantaneously! My previous few posts had been to the Cruise Board. Could it have anything to do with the number of posters active on a board?

Update #2: OK...so much for that theory. My edit to post the previous update took about two minutes to complete. So, I must have just been lucky on the original post.

The board has been pretty much unusable for me for most of this week... especially in the afternoons. I'm running on a T1 line; most of the time I can't even get a forum to open up at all, much less browse/post or edit.

We have wireless, high speed and also very slow here all week. 45 sec. from clicking on a post to viewing it. Thanks for the help. Threehearts

This morning it is painfully slow to open threads. It has been hit or miss for me for the past week or so.

HBC

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter