Board not as active anymore?

I do too, but I don't always have the correct adaptorView attachment 675113
fDRkDZF.jpg

::yes:: That's the most offensive thing I've read on the DIS in a looong time. :mad: ;) :lmao:

Yes! That's the magic. I can just imagine Clint reciting that line! He'll be in tomorrow to audition for a reading, we'll let you know!

clint-howard-21959-25-09-2017-14-07-59.jpg

I've said it before, it doesn't take much for fights to break out over non-political discussion. So the logic behind forbidding political topics is in practice completely arbitrary.

I think since there are so many less threads and posts, and with the all that's been going on in the world, the trolls that are left and the people who NEED to shoot down others are going after any post they can get. :duck: :sad2:

I spend the majority of my time now in various private Facebook groups. There are professional level art groups that are well moderated and one has to answer a number of questions to prove one really has a knowledge or interest in that specific group just to get in. These groups are safe, creative, inspiring. We creatively challenge each other to grow artistically. And when someone asks for help or a critique on how to improve, they are HELPED, not shot down.
Artist1.gif

I leave the groups feeling positive and inspired and a real sense of community. I can't say that about the DIS anymore. There was a time where we had "Watch" threads, where we would all get in and watch as a fun or interesting situation posted about evolved. popcorn:: Now, the "watching" is over how many posts/pages will it take before the Mods shut down a thread. :( There were more posts where people shared their lives, good and bad. Now, one has to think twice if they want to post as it will likely be torn apart with negativity and criticism instead of help or positivity.

I'm not interested in the fluff threads with the lack of substance. Sure, several posters posting 10 of them a day fills up the first page and probably shows sponsors this board is "busy." Busy isn't the same as substance.

I don't think the DIS will ever come back the way it was. Too many people moved on to other places. And as long as the fluff threads dominate the first couple of pages, new posters aren't likely to stay when they see that's the depth of the Community Board.

I will have Ron's people contact Tia's people. Wise move, suggesting an actor immediately before risking being portrayed by Clint! Many of you other DISboarders might want to consider this, because Clint is open to play multiple roles.
As Téa Leoni’s best friend in my head, I must be cast by Helena Bonham Carter… We’ll sit next to each other at the premiere, and she’ll invite me to dinner with her husband and Johnny Depp. The evening will be awkward. I will say strange things, go home horribly embarrassed, and remember it forever as the night I almost caught Captain Jack Sparrow…

I simply don’t even read or post much anymore because I’ve seen so many long time members get driven off by hatred.
So now, I stick mainly to Wordle, and I’ve moved my internet office into the restroom of the internet… Reddit. Ugh. It’s horrible. I wish this place were more tolerant of differing views, but the world has become polarized.

I think this forum is working just fine the way it is.
I agree. I don't normally participate on the fluff threads, but I do read them. Without those threads this board would die. Most of the people wanting those threads merged or deleted aren't putting a lot of effort into starting their own threads. I also don't start threads often, but I appreciate the fact that some people are trying to keep the Community board alive.

Low key use to post fun and sometimes quirky questions for the rest of use. There where tons of other subjects by others as well.

Now, there are a handful of imitators that sometimes seem to occupy the bulk of the first page postings. I am done with those so only very occasionally post on here.

As Téa Leoni’s best friend in my head, I must be cast by Helena Bonham Carter… We’ll sit next to each other at the premiere, and she’ll invite me to dinner with her husband and Johnny Depp. The evening will be awkward. I will say strange things, go home horribly embarrassed, and remember it forever as the night I almost caught Captain Jack Sparrow…
Yes, Carol Underscore, you WILL say strange things, and that’s why you’re now co-writer and script supervisor.

:rolleyes:“Threads aren’t to my liking!”

:wave:”You can always post a thread yourself that is to your liking. It’s an ability open to anyone!”

:rolleyes:”But then I wouldn’t be able to complain!”

🐻
“I’m a bear!”

Exactly. When you can predict who is going to say what before opening a thread it gets tedious.

Nevertheless, I think the CB is cyclical and currently the content is not interesting due to many factors. The other day I noted that most of the threads relate to five or six areas: random guy/bot generated questions; soccer or alternative movie storylines; polls related to dishwasher soap or vacuum cleaner bags; songs starting with the letter q; and random musings from . . . well, I'm afraid to ask.

I shouldn't complain because I don't create content and at least these folks are trying.

But I also think that starting a topic about anything interesting brings out the hyper political types and the reasonable people just get overwhelmed by those who have the time to post all day. So then we get force fed the world views of recent graduate students, professional dog walkers and a few angry Canadians. Reasonable discussions just aren't possible.

The good news is that at some point the tide will change because we all have the ability to make that

So you just basically insulted all the regulars but never actually offer fresh content of your own (that I recall), Nice. Glad we can entertain you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter