Black Bear Sighting?

that's cause they killed them for their caps.

They sell them outside the HDDR. :thumbsup2

IMG_1793.jpg

You know what's strange? I've seen deer, squirrels, rabbits, armadillo, lizards, owls, bats, eagles, a bobcat (once), alligators, snakes, turkeys, peacocks, roosters & chickens (back in the 70's - but I saw a lot of things in the '70's) cardinals, blue jays, ducks, egrets, herons, fish, these damned cute oversized chipmunks, AND otters! But I have NEVER seen a raccoon!! Disney must have a pact with the raccoons to stay off their property.

You know what I have never seen Deb? Donnie pay for a beer!:rotfl2:

True story.....in June 2008 we had an armadillo try to attack us at our site (1633??) First he walked up and tried to attack our 2 dogs, while I tried to get dogs away DH grabbed a broom to try & get the critter away & it turned and lunged at him 3 or 4 times! It finally left the site after we all high-tailed it into trailer. We did end up reporting it to a CM but it was the 1st report they'd had of it.

True story.....in June 2008 we had an armadillo try to attack us at our site (1633??) First he walked up and tried to attack our 2 dogs, while I tried to get dogs away DH grabbed a broom to try & get the critter away & it turned and lunged at him 3 or 4 times! It finally left the site after we all high-tailed it into trailer. We did end up reporting it to a CM but it was the 1st report they'd had of it.

Another case of reality clouded by Kungaloosh.

Ah well... my whole camping experience went from joke, to dare, to I might actually be excited about this... So I guess a little bear scare won't deter me.

So the tips I think I'm hearing are:
Put all your food in a cooler and place it on the edge of the campsite at night.
Don't eat in the tent!
Call security if I do see a bear.
Bring my Mickey Musket (but don't shoot the bear with it, that would just make him angry) (not that I blame him...)
Don't walk around in my bear suit if my tent is next to GatorDad! (I kid, I kid)

Let's say worst case scenario: that I'm walking back to the campsite with my Mickey Mouse flashlight and see two bear eyes staring back at me. Do I run? Not run? Turn off the light? Lift the light over my head and roar? Slowly back away? Get on the ground? Of course, step one would be wet myself... (TMI?)

I'm not trying to scare anyone-- just want to be prepared!!

OMG ROFLOL :lmao: I almost peed myself laughing!!!!! :rotfl2:

I know people have already mentioned this letter but we just got back from a stay at Port Orleans French Quarter, when we checked-in we had this letter in our room.
DSC02672.jpg

And for the record, Mr. Cub Ernie Banks threw out the first pitch the other night....

You can wear a bear suit in a tent when gatordad is near. everyone knows he doesn't tent camp.

When I was the this week talk to a friend the Black Bear was the same one that was trapped in January and relocated they can tell by his ear tag. He just came back to Disney for vacation.

Um... I think the Wildlife thread just made me more nervous... EEK!!!

me too!! i read that and thought about switching resorts!! its the snakes that get me!!! :scared1: we have been to the fort twice before and have only seen cute bunnies, armadillos and gecos. dont know where all the other stuff was hiding :scared:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter