Bl 7.1 purple team!!!!!

Maria - saskatoon berries are similar to a blue berry, but they are purple and grow on small trees/shrubs in the wild. I think in some areas they are called juneberries. When we go camping, we will go for walks and just eat as we go. The kids get messy with purple juice all over their hands and faces :rotfl:

SpaceMtnFan - congrats on another big loss! :thumbsup2 Glad to hear your back is feeling better.

pjlla - how did you enjoy SHRED?

The words "ENJOY" and "SHRED" should not be in the same sentence!! :rotfl: I HATE every minute of it, but it really seems like an intense workout, so I just keep plugging along. Plus I am definitely seeing results as far as my stamina and ability goes. When I started I could do ZERO real push-ups.... now I can do about 3 or 4. Not much, but a big improvement in my book. I have moved from level 1 to level two, but level two is totally kicking my butt. I did try level 3 once because someone I know mentioned that she thought it was easier then level 2... but they are BOTH very tough. I can't imagine the day when I can do all three levels without feeling like I am going to DIE, but maybe someday.

Here's a QOTD for FRIDAY:

What plans to you have for this weekend?

Well, it is Mother's Day. DH hasn't said anything and I don't know what the plans are involving his Mom. I thought we would see my Mom on Saturday and his on Sunday, but I just read an email from DH's sister, and it seems like they have DMIL away all day... just not sure what is going on. I do plan on seeing my Mom one day... DH can figure out what is going on with his Mom. The fact that I am ALSO a Mom usually gets a bit forgotten (although I already told my kids what I want for breakfast in bed :rotfl:).

OKAY PURPLE TEAM, I did it! I said I was going to lose 2 pounds this week and I did it! Exactly two pounds down. I am thrilled. I worked for it and I deserve it!! I am exactly 10.2 pounds away from my goal weight... and I only have 40 days to reach it if I want to see it by my birthday. Not sure that will happen, but I will be close.

I changed up some of my eating (more protein, less carbs, more veggies, less "processed" snacks) and pretty steady exercise. Plus it is a "good week" for me (no Aunt Flo, no ovulation bloat... sorry if that is TMI). I have AT LEAST two weigh-ins a month that are definitely influenced by "female issues."

I hope everyone else sees a great number on the scales today. If so :cheer2: for you. If not:grouphug: and you just KEEP GOING... back on track, back on program. You can DO IT! .....................P

Here's a QOTD for FRIDAY:

What plans to you have for this weekend?

Good luck to everybody weighing in tomorrow :goodvibes
I'm expecting a gain, but hopefully it will be less than a pound.
Im going to see Star Trek Tomorrow then Spend Mother's day with my Mom on sunday after church we are going to a BBQ that My Uncle is having.

pjlla - way to go on the pushups - I can't do any. Enjoy Mother's Days however you end up celebrating.

SpaceMtnFan - let us know how Star Trek is. I'm very curious about that movie.

corinnak - Have a great time at your sister's grad!

My answer for QOTD:
I still don't know what I'm doing. I've got swimming with the kid tomorrow morning, and then a nap. Then I might stay home, or the kids & I will go to the next town north where DH is working since he's not coming home this weekend. I just have to decide if I can meet all my project deadlines, if I go out of town.

I was thoroughly surprised with a 2.6lb loss this morning. I did a weigh check on Wed and I was up 1.3. I did not eat good 4 days out of the last week, but I guess I got lucky. The only thing that I can think, is the eating good on Mon, Wed & Thursday had my body confused, so it used up the crazy calories from the other days.

I am really happy to report a 3 lb loss this week! :yay:

It's definitely going to be a busy weekend for us, and unfortunately for me, full of food "opportunities".

Today is our 16th wedding anniversary. We're going to Margarita's for dinner, so I'm limiting myself to one and picking something less caloric for my dinner. Tomorrow we're going to eat at a place called "A Friendly Toast". It has quirky decorations and decadent offerings -- like almond joy pancakes :eek:

I asked the guys to tone down Mother's Day, so I should get a smoothie for my breakfast. After that we're going to see "Star Trek", I'm planning on bringing the pull and peel to keep that under control.

It's going to be a fun weekend, but I have to learn to separate the fun from the food...

Everybody have a great one!
Maria :upsidedow

Shannon and Maria.... great job on the weight losses. Looks like the purple team had lots of BIG LOSERS this week! Way to go!

Maria, Happy Anniversary! We are just a year ahead of you. Next weekend we will celebrate our 17th anniversary..... plus we dated for SIX years before we were married, so we have many years together under our belts.

I had a big splurge day yesterday, so I got in a big workout this morning already to try and work it off.... plus there is possibly movie theater popcorn in my future today, so I need to get a head start on burning that stuff off! Not to mention that we have TONS of goodies in the house right now (very unusual for us). Blueberry pie (I had a weak moment at DD's Rainbow Girls bake sale), oatmeal choc. chip cookies (left over from previously mentioned bake sale), and cake (DS won at the cake walk last night). YIKES! But I've already given myself a "pep talk" and I won't be indulging in these goodies this weekend (other than the piece of pie I "allowed" myself to have last night). I may even stash some of the cookies in the freezer to avoid overeating by the other members of the household.

Suddenly I am feeling like my workout isn't nearly enough. Maybe I will get off the computer and get on the treadmill! I certainly don't want to un-do all of my hard work from last week!

Happy Mother's Day to all of you (in case I don't make it back here tomorrow)!..........................P

Hello Purple Team!

As our six week BL 7.1 challenge comes to an end I was wondering if anyone is interested in a Between the BL challenge. I put together a poll in case any of you are interested. Both threads have good groups and it would be nice to continue on in some form this summer.

Have a great week-end!

Good Morning, Purple Team!

Last night went really well. I had an idea, so I looked up sangria, which is actually half the points of a margarita! So, I changed to sangria. I also had a few chips with salsa, and grilled shrimp, a salad with low-fat mango poblano (or something like that) dressing, and mexican rice. It must have worked, because this morning's weigh-in was a decrease! This is just what I need to get me through lunch today. We are going with my BIL and SIL, and I know she'll order something decadent (with her rail-thin body, I doubt she even considers calories). Eating with other people is much more of a test than my immediate family, so wish me luck! :goodvibes

Lisa -- since I seem to just be getting started, an in-between would be great for me! ::yes::

pjlla -- Happy Mother's Day to you and all the other mothers! Wow, you did it the right way, really knowing your spouse before you got married. We just forged ahead, barely knowing each other a year. I think we both wanted to be married and stay that way, and that is why it has worked. Being in :lovestruc doesn't hurt, either ;) Good luck with all those yummies in the house. It is awesome that you have a plan. That will get you through until they go their merry way. Oh, and don't feel you have to eat all of something you bought at a charity bake sale. You did your good deed when you bought it, eating just enough to satisfy you is all you have to do. Or so I'm told...:hippie:

LuvBaloo -- I hope your weekend goes as planned, it sounds nice. :thumbsup2

Ok, I have to go get ready for lunch. We have to drive an hour to get there, so I should be good and hungry by that time -- but not starving, that never ends well :eek:

Just popping to wish everyone a Happy Mother's Day:flower3:. I'm off to spend tonight at my mom's. She's cooking dinner for me and my girls. Both DD's have made something for me for mother's day. They are going to bring it with them tonight so they can give it to me tomorrow morning. And so I can "show Gramma what I get" (as they say).
I'll be back on tomorrow night.

And I'm definitely interested in a between BL!

Hello Purple Team,
I am back from Las Vegas. I was an excellent driver and chaperone for my mother and aunt. My sister graduated (it took about 4 hours altogether, including getting seats ahead of time) and I had a lot of food challenges, but I think I really did pretty well. It is harder when the schedule and menus are not under my control. I did manage to pass on some of the dumb stuff - chips and fried stuff at the Mexican dinner, garlic bread (and only one plate of food!) at the spaghetti dinner. I had mother's day buffet brunch this morning at the Luxor, which was a larger than usual meal, but nothing TOO crazy and really was not very hungry at all the rest of the day, so it all evens out in the end.

I had a nice, warm 4 mile run on the Las Vegas strip, too! Maybe I'll post a photo tomorrow.

I'm also up for a between the BL challenge. :thumbsup2 Is there a link to the thread?

Good Morning, Purple Team!

I think the challenge ended, but of course I always have something to say! :lmao:

Great job, Corinna! I know it was hard, but it sounds like you did very well.

I was totally on track with my plan until yesterday. It all fell apart, badly. And the bad part is, dh made me a homemade ice cream cake, which of course we'll be eating all week -- but at least he used frozen yogurt, and it is incredibly yummy, so I don't need/want any other sweets.

Basically, I'm back where I was with the scale last Monday. So, it could be much worse. I just have to lose the same weight again, and I am really hoping some of it is TOM.

Everyone have an awesome day! :cheer2:

Hey folks I just want to give you some news on what I did this weekend. First and foremost My back is feeling better, The soreness is gone. I went to see Star Trek Saturday . I loved it, The movie lived up to the hype and More. Great Cast, great Special Effects, Great Plot. I got to spend the whole weekend with my mom. we went to church and then had dinner with my Grandmother at her house no BBQ this year but there is A BBQ planed for Memorial Day. I will be doing my weigh-in for week 11 Thursday with the results Friday. Thats all

Corinna - hopefully this works, but here's the thread to vote on what you want for a Between the BL's. It looks like its going to be a formal one, and I'm going to be the weightkeeper. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2171694
Glad you had a good trip in Vegas, and you did great resisting some food.

Maria - It sounds like your husband was trying to do better as far as food. Didn't you say in the past, he'd give you Godiva chocolates and other food stuff you didn't want this year?

SpaceMtnFan - glad to hear about StarTrek. I'm not sure if I'll get a chance to see it in the theatre or if I'll have to wait for DVD.

I had a nice Mother's Day weekend. I took the kids up to Mom's for Saturday night, and gave Mom her Mother's Day card - it was cute with a picture of a little girl and an ape both in pink tutus on the front and on the inside it said "Happy Mother's Day from me and my sister". Mom got a good laugh out of it. Then on Mother's Day morning I got to sleep in a bit, and my mom and my girls made breakfast. When I got up, my girls gave me the pictures they had made and then we had a nice breakfast (whole wheat pancakes with lean pork sausages) and then we met my DH for lunch. All in all a great Mother's Day.:goodvibes

LuvBaloo -- You are absolutely right! He did much better this year with the gifts. I thought he understood I meant I wanted my meals (they bring me a surprise breakfast in bed) to be low-cal, too, but I guess he didn't quite get that. They made me a smoothie (good) and ds cut up a banana (still fine), but then they added a Dunkin Donuts coffee cake muffin (13 WW pts). I couldn't not eat the muffin and upset ds, and I didn't have the presence of mind to just eat half. But it was a great improvement, and trust me, I did not complain to dh! :thumbsup2

It sounds like your Mother's Day was just right. How fortunate you were to be with your Mom, too! :lovestruc

I'm ready for the next BL Challenge! :surfweb:

Thanks, Shannon! The link worked great! That card sounds really silly - glad you had fun with your mom yesterday!

Maria - wow - a homemade frozen yogurt cake! That's pretty impressive, really. Hard to have it around all week, I know, but it does sound like progress from previous years. The main thing is not to let a day like that throw your week out the window, and it sounds like you're not. Don't worry about what the scale says today - the few days after an indulgence with more sugar or salt or even just more food than you usually have will result in a few "water" pounds lurking around for about 2-3 days. Ask me how I know. ;) So don't worry too much, OK? :hug:

SpaceMtn - sooo glad your back is feeling better. That is the kind of thing that can ruin your whole week. I also thought Star Trek was a great film overall. Gorgeous effects, in particular. Have a great week!

Did I say I'd post a picture of my run on the Las Vegas Strip? Here's the start and the turnaround point at the Venetian!

P5090836.jpg
P5090855_2.jpg

Hello Purple Team!

Just a note to let you know that I posted the Between the BLs thread. Starts on Friday, May 15th with first weigh in on May 22nd.

We will want to keep an eye on our BL 7.1 threads as Jessi posts the final results. Thanks, Jessi, for all your hard work!

Okay Losers! Who is ready for some new clothes? I said a few days ago that I had some stuff to get rid of and I am offering here first. If I don't have any takers, I will offer on another thread and anything left after that hits the Goodwill.

SHORTS:
white - LLBean sz 14 regulars (I noticed a spot on the butt, but I think it would wash out)

denim - Cherokee sz 12 regular length

black - Cherokee sz 12 (both bought at Target last year... I think they run a bit large. I was about 170 when I bought these.) regular length

khaki - Faded Glory sz 14 (these are slightly longer)

white - Old Navy sz 10 lowrise, cuff on bottom (new with tags) on the shorter side

purple madras plaid bermudas - American Eagle sz 10 lowrise

denim bermudas (almost capris) - American Eagle sz 10 regular

I also have a very pretty dress I wore once to a wedding that is up for grabs. Bought at JCPenney, "RK Originals" size 16. Bluish-green with some purple and blue flowers. Sleeveless, scoop neck (but not low cut), buttons down the left side (some can be unbuttoned for a large slit up the side seam). Zipper in back, on the longish side (lower calf area), rather fitted. I was probably about 190 lbs when I wore this. Really pretty. I can provide a picture if necessary.

Anyhow, if any one can use any of these clothes, let me know. PM me your address and I'll pack them up and send them on their way...................P

Hi Purple Team!

pjlla! -- I wish I could wear those clothes, but my size has not shrunk that much yet.

Corinna -- It is so fantastic that you managed to run with everything else going on in Vegas! Wow, I don't think I have that level of dedication! :thumbsup2

SpaceMtnFn -- I want to see Star Trek again, but I think my dh would laugh at me ;)

Ok, still working at getting back on track. My eating was fine yesterday. I need to get on the TM today. I should have done it this morning, but I just couldn't get up. :confused3

I hope I see you all in the next BL Challenge -- Thanks to LuvBaloo for being our weightkeeper! :flower3:

Maria! - You know that running is my prozac, right? It was a sanity saving measure rather than an act of virtue. When I don't run now, I get *testy*. Actually, that run was about the only time I was alone all weekend and it was one of the most fun parts of the entire trip! I will see you at the BL Summer Challenge, for sure!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter