Bl 7.1 purple team!!!!!

Maria - My host parents when I was an exchange student regularly ate leeks. They boiled them to mush and then served them up (YUCK!).

pjlla - thanks for the comments on eggplant. I won't bother trying it.

esther - I've never even heard of celeriac :confused3

I'm all for sharing quick easy recipes. Here's one of my favourite healthy recipes.

Special K fish:
I usually use snapper, tilapia or basa fillets.

I take some special K cereal and scrunch it with my hands to break it into smaller pieces. Then add some grated orange rind, parsley, basil (I don't measure).

The original recipe said to dip the fish in melted butter and then into the special K mix, but instead I put the fish in an oven safe dish, and brush on some pineapple or orange juice and then sprinkly the special k mix on top.

Bake in oven at 350C for about 15 min.

Every time I make it, I've been experimenting with different herbs. I have tried using a bit of olive oil spray instead of the juice, but the juice gives a better flavour.

Tuesday Question of the Day:
What's your favourite Disney movie? And what's your favourite healthy snack when watching a movie?

My favourite disney movie is the Jungle Book (I luv Baloo! :goodvibes)
My favourite snack for a movie is air-popped popcorn. Last night I bought some popcorn nacho flavour sprinkles to try on it.

What's your favourite Disney movie? And what's your favourite healthy snack when watching a movie?

My favourite snack for a movie is air-popped popcorn. Last night I bought some popcorn nacho flavour sprinkles to try on it.

My favorite Disney Movie is Toy Story.

Snack: 1/2 a whole wheat pita cut into triangles & sprayed with spray butter & sprinkled with garlic salt. Bake for 10 minutes until crispy & eat with a Laughing Cow Herb Cheese wedge. Especially delish with 1/2 an apple cut into slices.

But usually I'm lazy & just have microwave popcorn. ;)

I love Aladin. i love to Eat Grapes. As well as Pirates of the carribean. While eatinng a Taco salad or Turkey Burgers.

Hear Ye, Hear Ye, the weightkeeper speaks! I'm sorry this is a week late, Excel has not been my friend (and it's been a crazy week.) Here are the results from two weeks ago (the results from the most recent weigh in will be posted later tonight).

.......................................Green Team.....Purple Team
# participants.....................20.................14
# removed.........................1...................7
avg. starting weight............203.................221
# gained............................4...................4
# lost...............................13..................6
# not weighing in................1....................1
avg. lost...........................0.15%.............-0.19%

Let's congratulate the Green Team this week for the highest average percentage of weight loss. Now to recognize the individuals on the Purple team:

Debbie 0.534997771%
LuvBaloo 0.576217915%
SpaceMtnFan 1.015228426%
corinnak 1.06257379%

and the Biggest Loser for the Purple Team is:
njmom23girls 1.292596945%

Now the individuals from both teams:

njmom23girls 1.292596945%
50's Jayne 1.307189542%
mousehouselover 1.371428571%
jimmduck 1.40625%

And the Biggest Loser for both teams is:
BibbidyBobbidyBoo with 2.380952381%

I was browsing through Green thread and saw a great QOTD, so I'm borrowing it (thanks Tink1963)

What non-food thing do you do to de-stress?

And congrats to the purple team members who are sticking it out and reporting in :cool1::woohoo::thumbsup2

My favorite Disney movie is Beauty and the Beast. It's timeless, and I love it! :lovestruc

I'm sorry I don't have recipes -- I don't really cook. My dh cooked his way through undergrad, and he is much faster than I am, and genuinely enjoys cooking. Big bonus for me! :yay:

I am such a voyeur! The non-food thing I do to de-stress is to find a thread on the DIS (usually on the family or budget board), where someone is complaining or frustrated because of a neighbor, relative, etc. -- but not a serious situation, just something annoying like a MIL who drives them crazy. The thread needs to be 4 or 5 pages, so there are plenty of comments. Then I enjoy all the responses -- usually there's some great humor! It keeps me from eating, and sometimes I even see advice that's good for me. :surfweb:

Congratulations to all the Purple Losers! :woohoo: I'm really just getting started on the losing, I had too many weeks where I gained, and now it just all seems to be coming together (crosses fingers!).

I'm doing my best, but I'm hoping to really have it together for the next BL. They say the 3rd time is the charm :thumbsup2

Maria :upsidedow

Hey purple Team members. Tonight is my weigh-in for week 9 with results tomorrow morning, Thats the good news... Here's the bad news: (sort of) I am nursing serrious pain in my lower Back which is driving me nuts. I may have to take the day off work tomorrow to go to the Hospital to see what's wrong with my Back . I will keep you informed :sad2:

Feel better, SpaceMtnfan!

Good luck with your weigh-in, and I hope your back is better, and you are able to determine the cause and get fantastic treatment.

I would be torn between The Little Mermaid and Cinderella. I love them both. Healthy snack??? During a movie?? Aren't you SUPPOSED to eat greasy popcorn, M&M's, and Twizzlers during a movie??? :confused3 I guess as far as "healthy" goes, I would have to say Baked Lays and seltzer. I love salty snacks. Maybe just a few Twizzlers.... after all, I think they are FAT FREE!:rotfl:

Wednesday QOTD:What non-food thing do you do to de-stress?

Well... I love to scrapbook and would spend lots of time doing it... if I HAD the time. But I can't do it if the house is a disaster... that would cause me MORE stress. So as long as the house is fairly well picked up, I LOVE to scrapbook. And I don't allow any food or drink on my scrapbook table, so it keeps me from eating!.......................P

Hey purple Team members. Tonight is my weigh-in for week 9 with results tomorrow morning, Thats the good news... Here's the bad news: (sort of) I am nursing serrious pain in my lower Back which is driving me nuts. I may have to take the day off work tomorrow to go to the Hospital to see what's wrong with my Back . I will keep you informed :sad2:

Get that back checked out quick, so it doesn't get any worse! Good luck on the scale tonight!..............P

Worfiedoodles - you are lucky your husband likes to cook. Mine will cook occasionally. I have also done reading threads on disboards to have a chuckle. Some are good for making me appreciate my relatives ;)

SpaceMtnFan - Good luck tonight and I hope your back is better soon! :goodvibes

pjlla - twizzlers are a fairly healthy candy (so are licorice allsorts - 7 pieces for 3 points!).

For de-stressing, I'm will often go for a bubble bath with a good book!

I must confess I was bad last night, and ate an entire 200g bag of Baked Salt-n-vinegar chips. At least they were baked and not regular. I was bad last weekend because just too busy and out and about, and yesterday when I got the craving, I just gave in since I've already had a whole bad weekend, better to just make it part of the bad week. Which I know is not too logical. Oh well, I decided to weigh myself this morning to hopefully re-motivate myself, and I'm up 1.3lbs since last Friday, so now its time to behave and see if I can decrease that gain by Friday's weigh in.

Question of the Day for Thursday:
With the warmer weather, its time to start thinking about summer, so what's your favourite summer fruits?

Mine are apricots. And saskatoon berries fresh off the bush :goodvibes

Question of the Day for Thursday:
With the warmer weather, its time to start thinking about summer, so what's your favourite summer fruits?

Hard to say.... I like most fruits. I LOVE strawberries and fresh-off-the-bush blueberries (we grow some and my Dad grows them). I think those would be my favorites. Later in the summer/early fall I am a sucker for a fresh apple. I would eat 4 apples a day during that time of year.... but by this time of year they are not so great.

Hope everyone is doing well today. Weigh in tomorrow! Time to get in that "last chance workout" tonight. I'm going to ATTEMPT to do 30 day Shred after school, and then hit the machines at the YMCA later tonight when I bring DD in for swim practice. I'm eating LIGHT today and Aunt Flo is out of the house, so hopefully tomorrow will bring a good number on the scale.

Talk to you all later...................................P

Here is my reply on the QOTD: durring the summer I eat apples and Banannas. but I started to eat grapes. And now for my weigh-in Update for week 9 I lost 3 more pounds which puts me at 190 pounds. And the news on my sore Back well it's somewhat sore but I somewhat feel better. I sat in a Tub of warm water before i went to bed . I hope to feel better by the weekend.:thumbsup2

My favorite summer fruits are berries and melons. I am particularly fond of strawberries and honeydew melon.

LuvBaloo -- Tell us about saskatoon berries. I've never heard of them, but they sound interesting.

SpaceMtnFn -- Glad to hear your back is a bit better, and the weight loss continues :thumbsup2

pjlla -- Would you believe TOM just arrived moments ago? I was all set for a great weigh-in...we'll maybe I'll still get it. I am eating light today, and I plan to drink extra to help move things along, as it were :rolleyes1. I'm using this morning's weight if I see a gain, 'cause right now I'm happy with a loss pirate:

Oh! I forgot to answer what I like to eat during a movie. If I'm throwing caution totally to the wind, I have movie theater butter popcorn (the microwave kind) with milk duds mixed in. That is seriously yummy, and a very rare treat (think series finale of a favorite show rare). If it's a normal time, I'll have pull and peel twizzlers. When you pull them apart you get nine strands, and each group of strands is 1 WW pt. I usually pull three apart, which lets me feel like I had a snack for most of the movie, since I eat them slow.

Ok, best luck tonight with any last chance workouts on tap! It's my rest day, which is just as well with angry piranha circling my nether regions. :scared1:

Maria - saskatoon berries are similar to a blue berry, but they are purple and grow on small trees/shrubs in the wild. I think in some areas they are called juneberries. When we go camping, we will go for walks and just eat as we go. The kids get messy with purple juice all over their hands and faces :rotfl:

SpaceMtnFan - congrats on another big loss! :thumbsup2 Glad to hear your back is feeling better.

pjlla - how did you enjoy SHRED?

Here's a QOTD for FRIDAY:

What plans to you have for this weekend?

Good luck to everybody weighing in tomorrow :goodvibes
I'm expecting a gain, but hopefully it will be less than a pound.

Oh, I am so behind. Sorry, team! I'm still cruising along on the program, just not typing up the posts, I guess. I weighed in a day early this week because I am going to Las Vegas for my sister's grad school graduation. It is bound to be dramatic and food is bound to be nearly completely outside my control, so I am just going to do the best I can.

I read a FABULOUS book this week. This man has the answer to the questions of why I eat when I'm not even hungry, why it is that it is easier for me to just not start eating chips, candy, cake than it is to stop once I start. He doesn't really have a food plan, but a fascinating look at the underpinnings of overeating. "The End of Overeating" by Dr. David Kessler. I seriously could not put it down.

Happy weigh ins everyone and have a great weekend!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter