Bird Box

I have it on my watch list to watch with the oldest kid. I'm glad to hear it's not too scary or gory - I don't like scary movies like I used to.

While it won’t be one I rewatch, I did enjoy it. It was extremely suspenseful and I had to watch most of it by myself because dh fell asleep 15 minutes in (he wasn’t bored, just had gotten up extremely early that morning).

Spoiler...

Because it was so suspenseful/stressful for me to watch, I was extremely happy with the ending. Felt like a soft landing after a tough ride! The missing pieces don’t really bother me I guess. I really liked Malorie, Tom and the Girls’ performances.

I read the book a couple years ago & felt the movie was much better. Which is not saying a whole lot, lol.

However, I have seen a ton of Bird Box memes on Facebook that are cracking me up.

The movie was good. Like a cross between The Mist, The Happening (worst movie ever BTW), and A Quiet Place. My only complaint was the ending. Rushed and with no explanation of what the things were or why or how. I like to know. It's just my preference.

The movie was good. Like a cross between The Mist, The Happening (worst movie ever BTW), and A Quiet Place. My only complaint was the ending. Rushed and with no explanation of what the things were or why or how. I like to know. It's just my preference.

I agree, there was no explanation on what it was. I wonder if there is an explanation in the book?

Was there even a Tom character? Or did they want to create a love interest for Sandra Bullock's character?
Also, where did the car go? Still makes no sense why those people would take the car if there was zero chance of surviving on there own.

I get hung up on things like how were utilities on? If every one is dead or crazy how do they have power and running water?
Utilities were likely only on for a few weeks or months. At the beginning she was pretty far into her pregnancy as was Olympia. The babies came pretty quickly. Most utilities are pretty self sufficient and would just run without human intervention for a good bit.

I'm assuming lol.

Utilities were likely only on for a few weeks or months. At the beginning she was pretty far into her pregnancy as was Olympia. The babies came pretty quickly. Most utilities are pretty self sufficient and would just run without human intervention for a good bit.

I'm assuming lol.

I don't remember if lights were on when she fled the house five years later but I was thinking about running water as much as anything. If they were on a well, you would need power to run the pump. If they were on public utilities, how did that stay running five years later.

Also, her walkie talkie batteries lasted five years?

I wound up watching it. I liked it but DH wasn’t a fan.

Spoilers...

He needed to see the creatures and he needed to know why/how they came about. I think I would have liked to know these things but he needed to know.

I don't remember if lights were on when she fled the house five years later but I was thinking about running water as much as anything. If they were on a well, you would need power to run the pump. If they were on public utilities, how did that stay running five years later.

Also, her walkie talkie batteries lasted five years?

I don't think they showed her fleeing the house in the city with Tom. They just cut from the babies being born in the original house in the city with she and Tom holding them to 5 years later in a clearly different house in the woods somewhere. No explanation how they got there. In the book I think she was in the same house the whole time (and there was no Tom). I don't THINK they had power/lights. Well water can be run without electric (we had one growing up with an old timey hand pump) or on a generator (not that I saw or heard one on the show)

I don't think they showed her fleeing the house in the city with Tom. They just cut from the babies being born in the original house in the city with she and Tom holding them to 5 years later in a clearly different house in the woods somewhere. No explanation how they got there. In the book I think she was in the same house the whole time (and there was no Tom). I don't THINK they had power/lights. Well water can be run without electric (we had one growing up with an old timey hand pump) or on a generator (not that I saw or heard one on the show)

Nope, still stuck on this. You can't run a modern well without electricity and to retrofit a modern one with an old fashioned hand pump would require that you have a hand pump and the skill set to in stall it. A generator requires gas which you can't get for several reasons including that gas pumps run on electricity.

I also can't figure out why the crazy people never think to break a window or other means to get into the houses where the survivors are hiding.

Nope, still stuck on this. You can't run a modern well without electricity and to retrofit a modern one with an old fashioned hand pump would require that you have a hand pump and the skill set to in stall it. A generator requires gas which you can't get for several reasons including that gas pumps run on electricity.

I also can't figure out why the crazy people never think to break a window or other means to get into the houses where the survivors are hiding.
We have city water, runs even when the power is out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter