Bird Box

kimblebee

now my thoughts will be worth 5 cents
***SPOILERS AHEAD***

Have you seen the movie? I watched it today because of all the hype. I thought it was only ok. It had a good premise but didn’t really keep my interest.

I’m curious about what others thought of it.

I have not, but I thought it looked super interesting. However, I am not a big horror fan. Would you classify this as horror or more suspense?

I watched it yesterday. It was okay, but not great.
I liked A Quiet Place better

I liked the movie a lot. I watched it the first day it came out. Netflix reported they had over 45 million accounts that watched it in the first seven days it was out. This is a record for Netflix.

I thought it was just OK also. My husband liked it more. Also both my kids watched it and thought it was OK too.

Had to turn it off after the first 10 minutes. Little too intense for me

Same here, but I made it about halfway through. It just felt stressful to watch, when I wanted to relax after all the holiday rush. I did read spoilers for the ending.....

Spoiler alert....

and thought the ending sounded not very satisfactory with too many unanswered questions, so I’m not sure if I will attempt to go back and finish the movie either

I liked it, hate horror, love suspense, it had some holes, but after the week I had, it was a nice 2 hour distraction.

I liked it until the last 5 minutes or so. It was very suspenseful, not too gory. But the end left too much unanswered IMO.

I enjoyed it. I also watched it because of all the hype, and was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't super gory, like most of these types of movies seem to be now. I prefer suspense to horror and that's what the movie was, but I feel like they could have advertised that fact better because I watched most of the movie with my finger on the pause button because I was worried that it could turn into a slasher flick/gore fest. So for anyone reading this who has those same reservations, without giving away any of the plot I will tell you that the movie is scary but the violence and gore is very light. The ending was a bit of a letdown, it felt rushed.

I liked it! I really liked that it wasn't too gory. I just can't do gory anymore, prefer suspense.

I didn't much care for the ending either, and I'm kinda lost "who" or "why" these things did what they did. And "where" did they come from? It was noisy and I missed some of the dialog :-(... can fill me in?

:confused3 I guess I just don’t have the right kind of brain for that genre. I’m a very literal thinker and most dystopian, cataclysmic end-of-civilization-as-we-know-it movies have illogical and incredulous story-lines that I find frustrating. I watched Bird Box and needed it to have much more explanation of the crisis to have really been able to enjoy it. I do generally like Sandra Bullock though and I thought the little girl was adorable and a masterful actor for such a young child in such a dark role.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter