Biggest Loser--SUMMER 2011 Challenge for Losers & Maintainers!

PJILLA -- You always know the right thing to say to put a smile on my face. Thank you.

QOTD Tuesday, June 7
What is your favorite vegetable/vegetable dish?

Fave veggie: green beans
Fave veggie dish: green bean casserole: green beans, cream of mushroom soup, hamburger, and layer of mashed potatoes over the top, YUMMM.. making it for dinner later this week.

--------------------------------------------------

Well today is starting off well! I got up at a decent hour (I'm a night owl so I hardly ever see the morning hours unless I have a reason to be up early).

I got up, got dressed, made my bed :-)banana:), and booted up the computer. While computer was booting gave Alan a call to see how things were going at the shop. I ate some breakfast (wheat bagel with tbsp of cream cheese) and now am working on my protein shake. I took out the hamburger for hamburger helper and now I'm lounging til I have to leave for my training session at 2pm.

After my session I'm coming home, eating a late lunch, folding more laundry, calling the vet, and then vacuuming.

I don't remember if I had shared this on the thread or not (my memory isn't as good as it used to be) but I scheduled a trip to Disney in January during marathon weekend. I am hoping to walk/run the 5K. Well Alan can't make the trip & best friend can't get the time off from work so I'm taking my very first SOLO trip to Disney!

When I had mentioned to Alan that I had already bought my plane ticket and got my room booked through DVC he was shocked :laughing:. I honestly think he thought I was kidding when I said I was going by myself. His first question, "Honey, how are you going to get around the park without me? You won't use an electric wheelchair." Well, just cause I'm at Disney World doesn't mean I have to go to the parks. I can kick back and relax at the resort. :) I told him, "Watch out, I could thoroughly enjoy this and just start going to Disney alone, without you." :laughing:. Watch, the closer it gets to January the more he will whine that "Oh but I wanna go with you".

QOTD Tuesday, June 7

Favorite veggie, hmm...I love all kinds of veggies, and I'm actually growing some right now! I've never had a garden before and this is my first year being successful (with just about anything, really, lol) I have some squash, tomatoes, peppers, and cucumbers growing right now. Nothing is really big enough to "harvest" yet, but they're getting there! My favorite way to prepare veggies is on grill skewers, I love it!

Inspirational Quote 6/7/11

Life isn't about finding yourself, It's about creating yourself

Are you creating the person you want to be?

For the first time ever, I really think I am. I've been taking this seriously for a while now, and I'm really proud of myself for doing this for me, not for a boyfriend, not for a swimsuit hanging on my closet door, but for me. I'm finding out a lot about myself as I create myself and I like what I'm discovering :)

Good Afternoon!

I've tried to be good this week, and I think I've been pretty good so far. I've been drinking so much water I feel like Ariel :fish: and I've been trying to work out as much as I can. I didn't really work out yesterday, so I'm disappointed about that. I will definitely be walking AND doing a Pilates workout today, I cannot excuse myself from it. I do always feel better afterward, so that will motivate me to get that post-workout "high", haha. I am nervous about dinner tonight though. Like bellebookworm and trinaweena (I think that's their DisNames, I can't remember their real names, sorry!!) I live with people who don't share the same ideals I do about being healthy, and it's not helpful at all. Tonight is Mexican food, so that means sour cream, flour tortillas, and unhealthy choices. It's so frustrating to have to live with what I have, wishing I had more control over the situation. But at the same time, it's teaching me self-control in a way: I know I have a big tendency to overeat, especially Mexican food, but I am going to have to learn how to control myself and limit it to one taco or small burrito and have more veggies and less fattening condiments.

Wish me luck!

I thought I'd share my meal plan for the next few weeks:

Tonight: Hamburger helper (yeah not the healthiest but this is always our tv night so we always do something quick)

Tomorrow night: tacos, refried beans, rice

Thurs: Grilled chicken, mashed taters, salad

Fri: Steak, baked tater, green beans

Sat: Turkey burger, steak fries

Sun: Roast, potatoes, carrots

Mon: Hamburger noodle casserole

Tues: tuna helper

Wed: spaghetti, meatballs, garlic toast

Thurs: green bean casserole

Fri: shake & bake chciken, scalloped taters, salad or veggie

Sat: lasagna, garlic toast

Sun: beef stew in crockpot

**Sundays I always try to do something in my crockpot** :)

i had a nice day of freedom today. dh and ds are back from the poconos and the little guy is still in one piece so i'm happy :)

i again didn't do great with eating but i'm just going to have a smoothie for dinner instead of ordering in (what dh wanted to do). i made the two of them some chicken nuggets and calling it a day.

instead of running or walking i decided to do something different. i did 30 minutes on the elliptical and got a good sweat in. i had a fruit smoothie for breakfast (put a few spoonfuls of cottage cheese in it and it was really good!). i did a whole bunch of laundry and folding then headed to Queens to a theater to see water for elephants. i brought a bologna and cheese deli sandwich with me and baked lays and had Dots candy. oh well. earlier i ate carrots and hummus too.

my friend scott called me today and he and his girlfriend are moving to charlotte from chicago next week! sure, it's not closer to here really but it feels closer as he'll now be on the east coast. plus, we went to college in NC so i visit there more often :)

did grocery shopping and menu planning and hoping for a nice healthy week.

oh, guess what! i am pretty sure i'm feeling the baby fluttering! a little here and there. it could be gas though. i have an ultrasound on wednesday and i think i will be able to see if it's a girl or a boy :)

Wow.... I didn't realize that they could tell so soon? Aren't you only about 12 weeks? Or maybe I'm wrong. I didn't find out with either of mine, so I guess I wouldn't really know.

I really got inspired!!! I started a journal on WISH and in the last couple of days things have come together. I am going to just copy what I wrote, as I am so excited about this, it is a bit long though...

Day 1, 364 to go.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
June 5th, 2011

OK, I have been inspired by a few ladies.

I have been reading the Amazing Adventures of Diet Girl. She is so funny, and her story is heartwarming and inspiring. She had a lot to loose like me and she did it. It took a long time, but she did it!

I happened to be clicking through the TVguide and came across the movie Julie and Julia. Something she said in there while she was talking on the phone to her mom in the beginning inspired me to focus on 1 year. I don't remember exactly what she said, but it really inspired me to do something every day for a year to help myself get healthy.

and finally a lady right here on WISH inspired me. From her user name she is BernardandMissBianca ( I think I saw her name is Buffy) She posted an inspriational quote yesterday and it really seemed to touch my soul.

you don't have to be great to start,
but you have to start to be great

Between these 3 ladies I really got inspired and saw a vision for myself. 1 year... 12 months, 52 weeks, 365 days... OOOPS, actually it is 366 because it is leap year next year! So I get an extra day to get healthy! :banana:

I need a start, I know I can be great at weight loss, I just need to actually do it, and prove myself!

So, for today I really wanted to work on breaking my addiction to fast food. So for today we didn't have any fast food meals. THAT is an accomplishment itself.

I also went for a long walk outside up and down hills, and I made the commitment to not snack after dinner.

So far so good for day 1!!!!!

In the afternoon we went out for a walk in the local park, we also went to the batting cages, hit some golf balls and went for one round in the goKarts. I was so scared it wouldn't work for me, but I took a chance and was able to ride.

I'm tired of being scared and not living life to the fullest. I am so excited about this year long journey! As I stepped off for my walk, I thought of the saying that A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step... I am really looking forward to that journey and took that one step today!

I love your journaling! Breaking your dependence on fastfood will be a big help in getting healthier. I'm fortunate we don't have any fastfood restaurants anywhere near us, so it isn't much of an option or temptation. HOnestly.... .if you can just think about the fact that you are POISONING yourself everytime you eat fastfood, it becomes easier to break the cycle.

Shawn, here is a pic of my car. It's a 1960 Morris Mini Minor.

100_1492JPG.jpg

There were 250+ cars, about 30 different classes, and there were 15 classic Mini's in our class. I got 3rd place!!!!!

That car is too stinkin' cute! I wouldn't get rid of it if I were you! Congrats on the 3rd place!

Evening all,

We really enjoyed Kung Fu Panda 2. I ended up having the Dead Man's Chest Quesadilla. It's my favorite there though they changed how it's made but it was still good. We had originally ordered an appy but the server was having trouble with his order machine and forgot to put it in. Actually glad as I was full after. We also got a free popcorn. For supper I had a protein shake. I did have a handful of M&Ms earlier and I'm drinking my water so I am pretty much back on track. I'm going to get up and work out in the morning and then also walk to the wellness center after Izzie gets on the bus.

Talked to my mom for a bit tonight. She had been on the phone with friends all afternoon so she was really tired. She told me that the minister that I grew up with had surgery this week for breast cancer. What a week! My dad was really confused this morning and once again I had to tell my mom to let us worry about Dad and for her to worry about only her. She's scared to death of the radiation tomorrow but hopefully with the pain management they've done over the weekend it won't be as bad. She felt bad she was too tired to talk to me but I told her not to worry that I'll be there in less than 3 weeks and she can talk to me then.

Looking forward to my special days with the girls before I go. Taking Ash to American Girl Place in Natick next Sunday morning and for lunch. Either doing something next Monday or Wednesday with Izzie. I also have plans to get together with some friends over the next few weeks! Hoping to also squeeze some time alone with Brian. We want to go see POTC at some point.

Watching a Bud Greenspan special on the 2010 Olympics. We love his documentaries and hope they can continue them now that he has passed away. Hoping to watch The Queen tomorrow when I get back from my walk and while I'm cleaning.

The next 2 1/2 weeks are going to be insane so I will post when I can!

TTFN :tigger:

Enjoy your day with your girls. Sorry that your Dad is having some health issues now too.... it truly seems like it all comes at once sometimes.

Anyway, today was not so good of an eating day. I had 3 bowls of Cap 'n Crunch for breakfast between 11-11:30am. We ended up going to Red Lobster for dinner with my brother and grandmother. When we picked him up shortly after 3:30 I asked if we could eat before going to the store. I was vetoed because I was the only one who was hungry. So we went to WalMart and ended up at the restaurant around 5. I was STARVING by that point; I have hypoglycemia so that's no good. I was shaky, had a headache, and was so irritable. When we were seated I said to Mom, "Next time I say I need to eat, you need to listen to me." Her reply: "You were the only one that was hungry." :headache: You have hypoglycemia too! Seriously?!

Well, I ordered a raspberry lemonade and then a water. I overindulged in the biscuits because I needed my sugar back up immediately. I ate all of my salad with some honey mustard dressing. My brother and I split the shrimp alfredo and I ended up bringing some home. Later we stopped for ice cream and I got blueberry cheesecake in a waffle cone. Starting tomorrow I am going to start cooking so that should help get me on track.

I attempted Day 2 of C25K, but only made it 15 minutes before my foot/shin started to hurt. I stopped before it got worse and will pick back up tomorrow or Tuesday.

You need to be prepared..... you need to "pack your own parachute." Don't rely on others to prepare for you or to help you or to be there for you. YOu need to "save yourself." Whenever I am going to be away and not following my usual schedule, I pack myself a "parachute bag." Depending on where I am going and for how long, it contains different things. But it always has healthy snacks and my sneakers plus a spare pair of sox. When I'm going away for longer (like a long weekend away) I throw in fruit, nuts, lowfat cheese, FiberPlus bars, FiberOne cereal, water, seltzer, carrots, celery, hummus, instant oatmeal packets, green tea bags... even hardboiled egg whites if I am using a cooler and will have a fridge.

You should always have a healthy snack with you in your bag...... especially if your hypoglycemia is bad. If you can remember to put something in there daily, try putting in a string cheese or an apple or banana. If you want to throw something in there and forget it until you need it, put in a 100 calorie pack of nuts or a Luna bar or a dry cereal in a baggie. I try to NEVER leave home without a healthy snack on me somewhere. Even if I don't need it, it is nice to know I have it.

And I've managed to come up with a few "emergency meals/snacks" that I can find most anywhere. Most convenience stores have apples, oranges and bananas,individual string cheese, or individual packets of nuts. You can always buy just one piece of fruit at the grocery store. Even the dreaded McDonalds can get you a grilled piece of chicken (order a snack wrap, grilled, plain with no dressing or cheese.... eat the chicken and throw away the white flour wrap)... a side of apple dippers and you are set (even if you do eat the caramel ;) ).

Try not to get STARVING.... cause it is SO HARD to make smart choices. Or at least, start with a salad or broth-based soup.... eat that and THEN make your dinner choice! I know for myself,
TIRED + HUNGRY + UNPREPARED= OVEREATING... every time!

Good luck with the cooking! Did you check out our BL dinner recipes thread??

Inspirational Quote 6/6/11

Success is a staircase, not a doorway

Tell me your interpretation of this quote.

YOu will have ups and downs.... but you can always keep moving. It isn't all or nothing (one side of the door or the other).

:wave2: Hey everyone! Miss me? :laughing:

I miss you guys so so so so much! I haven't decided yet if I honestly have the time to commit to joining the challenge. I am literally sitting here crying right now because I miss you all so much, and I have totally lost control of my healthy lifestyle.

Just a quick update: I am currently taking 3 grad school classes.:scared1: This means I am up at 3:30 -4 every morning writing, reading, and more reading, go to work, come home, and sit in front of the computer until 11 or so every night working. I am in online class 2-3 nights a week, depending on the week, plus working on a group project AND another class that doesn't meet, but has a lot of work required. I decided to take on 3 this summer because I am ready to just have this degree and be done! Hopefully, I will get my Master's in Dec.:dance3:

Both of the girls are playing ball, and they each have 2-3 games a week. Trying to coordinate ball and classes is enough to make me itch!

Brad has been on me to get back on here, he can tell from my mentality that I need to be. One month from now, we will be in WDW, and I haven't even ordered tickets yet! I have got to do that this week! Thankfully, the last day for the kids was Friday, so once I get all my end of the year stuff done and my room boxed up and cleaned out, I will be done. Then I should have a bit more free time.

See, this is why I am hesitant to formally join the challenge. All I do is whine and complain and eat really unhealthy stuff! :) But I have gained more than I care to disclose at this point, since I haven't been able to run in forever, and have allowed a few bad things to creep back in. In fact, I feel really guilty typing this now instead of reading one of the 6 chapters I have to have read by 5pm today!

But I did want to drop in and say hello. I will try to jump in some this week, but I honestly can't make any promises!

I love you all so much! :grouphug:
Taryn

TARYN! We've missed you! Glad you are well. Even if you don't want to formally join the challenge, we would love to hear from you from time to time! Please don't be a strainger! WOOOHOOO on the upcoming trip! I'm so jealous.... BLT! WOW!!

School must really be keeping you busy, in addition to the rest of "life". But good for you for getting a better education. I honestly believe, in addition to getting healthier, that getting more education is the BEST THING you can do for yourself, both for body and mind!

Okay folks.... I'm slowly catching up but I gotta run now..................P

QOTD Tuesdary, June 7

Stuffed Artichokes :thumbsup2.

I've been able to adapt my Italian grandmother's stuffing recipe (over a dozen eggs, oil, cups and cups of grated cheese and breadcrumbs, etc.) into a pretty points-friendly Weight Watchers recipe. I buy the big artichokes during artichoke season, but am lucky enough to be able to buy the small ones year round at my supermarket.

- Laura

So, I was feeling all funky-monkey this morning and snuck back to bed after DS left for school and DH left for work at 7:30. I closed all the windows against the street noise and turned on the window unit A/C in that room:scared1: which we RARELY EVER do! It's the only A/C we have in the whole apt. I only had to leave it on for about 30 minutes and the room was FREEZING! Then a heavy rain started falling and I slept great until 10:45!!!
What a nice treat. Trying not to feel guilty about it. I still feel a little blue. I just don't want to do all the things I need to do to get ready for our move. I'm in denial. Don't feel like exercising today. I'm giving myself the day off but will need to be careful with eating. So far I've had a bowl of Special K with raisins and milk and a piece of leftover pizza from last night.

I hope you all have a great day:wizard:

Shawn:sad1:

That extra sleep sounds DELICIOUS! I'm so envious!

My Good Morning!!!!!!

Its my week off. I was excited getting up today until I realized TOM has made a visit. ughhh I mean really!!!!! and my dh wanted to know what my problem was today.:mad:

I will try to not let it rain on my parade.:goodvibes

I will take Ryan to school shortly and then come home and clean up our basement. I have 2 1/2 hrs before needing to pick him back up so hopefully I can get it pretty straightened. It is our computer area/laundry room/ and toy/play area so its gotten a bit cluttered and messy. We have the oil guy coming later and I would be embarressed if he saw this place right now.

My plan for today:

Make the beds....DONE
Do the dishes......
Clean the basement.....
NO Soda....................
Run 30-45 min............

I will let you know how I do.

Ummm.... if I had "clean the basement" on my list, it would fill entire WEEK!!:lmao:

Happy Monday!
My students graduated yesterday!! It was so beautiful, touching and yes, I did cry! Thank God the weather was cool and cloudy...we wear heavy robes with academic hoods and a mortar board for the ceremony.

I got a great deal accomplished this weekend - deck flowers are all planted, trash and recycling taken out to the dumpsters, laundry done (not yet put away), grocery shopping done (even if it was at 10pm last night), and dining room table cleaned off :). I was able to do a lot of research on gluten and what it means to be gluten free (recipe sites and such). I've been off gluten (for the most part) for 2 weeks and I feel really good! Still caffeine free as well. Soda went a few months ago so I switched to seltzer, but now I am switching to water. Baby steps!!

Back to the gym today and have stayed OP thus far (brown rice crispies with skim milk and a hard boiled egg for breakfast) and I brought a Lara bar for snack.

Make great choices my friends!

What brand are the brown rice krispies? I'd love to buy some to make some slightly healthier RK treats!

BAby steps are GREAT!

Still trying to catch up here!...............P

QOTD Friday, June 3rd
Introduce yourself! Why are you here?

Hi, I'm Corinna, 37 year old mom of 2, wife of 1, previous loser, previous maintainer, etc. etc. DH and I celebrated 15 years of marriage a couple of weeks ago, and amazingly people were telling me that I hadn't changed at all in the intervening years. Which is ridiculous - I changed a lot, and then I changed back...mostly.

And now for a few photos...

Our wedding day
31757_404679717720_614837720_4687890_664991_n.jpg

And our anniversary, 15 years later:
AndrewCorinna2011.jpg

And I can see where it looks like I haven't changed that much. But what the people saying that didn't see was this:

IMG_1853_2.jpg

Or this:

CorinnaBA.jpg

This is me in the 2009 WDW Half Marathon and the 2010 Disneyland Half Marathon. The photos from the 2010 Half were terrible because of cold weather, but this photo from the Disneyland Half in August 2010 is pretty much the same way I looked in January, except not all bundled up!

So you can see, I spent 10 of our 15 years of marriage gaining, losing or carrying around up to 65 extra pounds. Starting in 2007, I began losing and sometimes regaining while learning to run and planning to run the WDW half marathon in 2009. In 2009 I finished that half marathon at a weight that I was not happy with, but I ran it and realized that if I could do that, I could achieve any dream. At one point, I realized that I could not do it on my own by "trying to eat healthily" or "trying to eat less." I needed a plan and I needed to give myself over to it. I followed Weight Watchers all the way down to my goal weight (with the help and support of many on the Biggest Loser challenges that year!) and maintained for nearly a year before they changed the plan and it no longer was what I needed it to be. I've got a good thing going now with MyFitnessPal.com (which also has an app for the iphone and droid - the droid app has a barcode scanner, the iphone does not) and some WISH friends there as well. I just really need to be able to track my food - all my food - and make it balance with my workouts, and MFP provides those tools for free!

I am here to say that this can be done. It can be maintained, but it takes continuing focus, support and intention. Without those things, it is all to easy for the weight to creep back on, even while training for distance running and lifting weights and eating healthy food (mostly). I'll try to share the things that have helped me along the way, but I'm really here because continuing to focus on healthy weight habits is crucial to my continuing to stay at a weight that is happy and healthy for me.

QOTD Saturday, June 4
What are your goals for the challenge? A lot of things I have read say that in order to be successful it works best to break a larger goal into smaller goals. Do you have intermediate goals? Do you have any rewards for along the way

I thought I'd be doing this as a maintainer - my pants fit, I am under my "Scream Weight" but I'm not back to where I was at my "best" goal weight. So I'm going to lose a couple more pounds in this challenge toward the team goal before transitioning back to full-on maintenance. We're talking at this point...like....3.5 pounds. Some of which actually may be muscle - I've been upping the ante in Bodypump and TRX classes. So we'll see - I think I'll recognize that sweet spot when I'm in it again.

QOTD Sunday, June 5
So, I think everyone has some great goals. But as I have learned the hard way, things don't always go exactly as planned. The hardest thing about healthy living in my opinion, is just staying on the wagon. Do you have a plan in place to deal with weeks when you may not loose or days when you just fall off the wagon?

The plan is: Just pick one "on track" thing to focus on at a time. A couple of weeks back, I was struggling with tracking, so I resolved to "complete" my food journal each day. It didn't matter if I was over, under or right on the money, just track and complete. I've been doing it for three weeks now and in general, I am hitting my target each day. Focus on being consistent with ONE doable thing. The rest falls into place.

QOTD Monday, June 6
Do you have an exercise plan?

I need to get a training plan. My plans have been fluxed a lot this spring because of a triathlon I thought I was doing but then couldn't, changing kids schedules and swimming lessons. In general, I plan to run on most of the days I don't have another class planned. This summer is going to be different because I'll be away from my YMCA, so I am working with a trainer to set up a strength plan during that time that I can do on my own with a TRX and a few other things.

I also need to get a marathon training plan...cause I'm planning on the Twin Cities Marathon in October, followed by the Goofy Challenge in January. Which is Half Marathon on Saturday, Full Marathon on Sunday. I'm going to run it and stop for photos and have lots of fun with some other WISH teammates.

Soooo....that's probably enough for now. Thanks so much, Biggest Loser friends!

Thanks for sharing so much about yourself.... both for us "oldies" and for the newbies. It is so inspiring to hear from someone who has "been there, done that" as far as the weight loss journey is concerned!....................P

What brand are the brown rice krispies? I'd love to buy some to make some slightly healthier RK treats!

BAby steps are GREAT!

Still trying to catch up here!...............P
The brand is Erewhon and I usually get them at Stop and SHop. I also just found that Kelloggs is making Gluten Free Rice Krispies!! I have yet to see them stores but I will be ordering them from amazon.com - 4 12oz boxes for 15.90 plus 10% off with the coupon code :) The Erewhon ones come in cocoa as well!

QOTD Tuesday, June 7

Ummm... all of them? No, actually, artichokes are a bit above my skill level...
I think tomatoes win this one by just a little. I like to eat them raw, like an apple, on sandwiches, in salads, and of course sauces and soups... but the humble carrot is a close second... raw when you need something crunchy, oven roasted is soooo good, boiled in orange juice, or thrown into the soup with the tomatoes above... Mushrooms, fresh or canned... and, when I'm NOT on the wagon, battered and deep fried (BLISS!!!!):rotfl:

So a "dish"... either vegetable soup, or cucumbers vinaigrette (equal parts water and vinegar, a small onion sliced into rings, two or so cukes, and enough salt to balance the vinegar, throw it all in the fridge and let it marinate)

Umm.. now I'm hungry! :laughing:

New discovery last week at the $ Store! Skinny Cow candies! They are quite tasty and 110-120 calories. They have caramel chocolate clusters and another called Heavenly Crisp which is a wafer covered in milk chocolate creme! That's my snack in a few minutes.

:tigger:

I saw these at 7-eleven and was thinking I'll have to try them sometime! Glad to hear they don't suck!

I don't care how "healthy" it is, a life devoid of chocolate is no life for me! :)

QOTD: At the holidays I love green bean casserole.

Love green bean casserole for the holidays.

QOTD: My favorite veggies are brussel spouts, roasted with a little olive oil, salt and pepper. I've been know to eat leftovers for breakfast.

Sounds yummy!

Stuffed Artichokes :thumbsup2.

I've been able to adapt my Italian grandmother's stuffing recipe (over a dozen eggs, oil, cups and cups of grated cheese and breadcrumbs, etc.) into a pretty points-friendly Weight Watchers recipe. I buy the big artichokes during artichoke season, but am lucky enough to be able to buy the small ones year round at my supermarket.

- Laura

Love artichokes

Im so behind with replies but i dont want to play catch up at the moment so i'll just get to replies later. I've been pretty good so far today. Did Day 3 of Week 1 for C25K and can i just say i'm REALLY LOVING running. I know couch 2 5k only says to do it every other day but i want to run EVERY DAY if i can find the time! One thing that has really helped me was to make a playlist of motivational upbeat songs that help me get through my run! Id love to share my playlist with you guys if anyones interested! I also did Day 8 of 30 day shred as soon as i got back from my run just to get it out of the way and i was already in my work our clothes!

As a reward for my hardwork I let myself step on the scale even though i only want to weigh in once a week but i really wanted to know if this hard work was getting me anywhere...

I'm pleased to report that I have lost 3lbs since friday!!!!!!:cheer2:

it might not seem like much but thats the first time ive seen my weight go down in months!

Food wise ive been pretty good so far. My mom got me some healthy choice soups (tomato basil and country vegetable) that are 100 calories each and they are tasty and great for lunch! I also had my special K for breakfast and im going to be asking my mom to get me some special k protein bars and protein shakes to replace some meals this week.

Later might be difficult, my boyfriend and I are celebrating our 3 year anniversary and we are going to olive garden for dinner and then a movie. I really want to get something tasty but good for me i know its going to be rough! But i will try to keep the portions small. I also sent the boyfriend on a hunt for some "low calorie candy" for me to snack on, lets see what he comes back with!

QOTD I like a lot of veggies. Green beans would be my fav, but i would also do anything for cauliflower. Turnips, squash, broccoli, asparagus, (does mushrooms count cause i would put mushrooms in anything, and SPINACH!! i try to have at least 3 servings of spinach a day thats how much i like it. My favorite dish? I like many others love green bean caserol, but its not very healthy is it? I also make pizza with tomatoes, spinach, garlic, mushrooms, and feta cheese that i love!

Question for all you folks, what are some healthy snacks that you favor? My mom asked me for my grocery list. I usually stick to grapes, carrots, and tlc crakers with hummus, would love to get some new ideas!

And for those who asked the program i use to count calories on my phone is myfitnesspal. Its wonderful!
Trina

I don't remember if I had shared this on the thread or not (my memory isn't as good as it used to be) but I scheduled a trip to Disney in January during marathon weekend. I am hoping to walk/run the 5K. Well Alan can't make the trip & best friend can't get the time off from work so I'm taking my very first SOLO trip to Disney!

AWESOME!! you will have a great time! and i think doing the 5k is the PERFECT reason to go on a solo trip! my first solo trip was this past february for the princess half. let me tell you, it was awesome! sure, it was only friday-sunday but i really enjoyed myself. plus, there are so many people who are there for the same reason you are that you'll have plenty to chit chat about! i'm sure there will be a DIS meet-up at some point too! good luck to you!

Wow.... I didn't realize that they could tell so soon? Aren't you only about 12 weeks? Or maybe I'm wrong. I didn't find out with either of mine, so I guess I wouldn't really know.

i didn't think you could find out til like 18 weeks or so but the ultrasound tech told me a couple weeks ago that 15 weeks is the earliest. i'm 15 1/2 weeks preggo now so hopefully we'll be able to tell.

before i was pregnant with my first i thought that i would never find out gender. and we even told people we weren't finding out! then of course at the big ultrasound when they asked if we wanted to know gender i spit out YES!!! before i even had a chance to realize what i said. haha. i'm finding out again because i'm a control freak and like to know everything! :)

left my house at 7:15 this morning to make it downtown for my 8am appt. i had planned on stopping in a deli and getting a roll or something for thomas before the appt. well of course there was some crazy accident on the george washington bridge and the traffic was backed up all the way into the bronx! gah! took me an hour and 15 min to get there. so, i was 30 min late but thought i got a legit spot on the street so i felt ok. we waited forever and once i saw the doctor he was maybe in there for 3 minutes. "how are you feeling?" "fine" "is your stomach better after that bad c.diff?" "yeah, totally fine." "any questions?" "nope, not really. i'm a little crampy but i think that's normal." "oh yes, totally normal. let's listen to the heartbeat." thumpity thumpity thumpity "sounds great! now i'll have the nurse come in to take blood for the blah blah blah test. see you in a few weeks"

since i had my FREE spot on the street i thought it'd be fun to get a second breakfast with thomas. egg whites, mushroom, avocado and cheddar omelet with two pieces of wheat toast and a bite of potatoes. delish!

head back to the car.... TICKET!!! WHAT THE???? looked around for a sign and don't you know some stupid street cleaning sign is there hiding behind a tree. $45. um, yeah, i'm not telling DH. thank you personal credit card! i'm annoyed though because i really looked around and the doorman in the building right there could have opened his stupid mouth and told me!

so, it's 2pm now and thomas is up from his lame excuse for a nap. i'm exhausted...and hot. i should do something with him...but i'm feeling so lazy.

tomorrow i have to haul my butt back downtown to the hospital for the ultrasound. probably find out the sex! i think they are having me in for one at 15 weeks since we had some issues while i was pregnant with thomas.

i'm making enchilada casserole tonight from a recipe i found on spark people. really don't want to turn on the oven but i have all the ingredients for it and it only needs to be on for about 35 min. better do it today before it's 95 here tomorrow! :scared:

QOTD: i think my favorite vegetable is fresh green beans. or maybe mushrooms? or spinach? dunno! i really enjoy veggies! favorite veggie dishes are ones that aren't good for you. i love eggplant parm. or stuffed mushrooms!

you know, i really love salads but really only if someone else makes them. weird, right? there was a lunch place by my office that had a salad bar. you'd tell the guy all the stuff you wanted in it and then he'd toss it all up with the dressing. mmmm...i could go for one of those right now. used to have one almost every day when i was pg with thomas. but at almost $10 a pop those days are over!

And for those who asked the program i use to count calories on my phone is myfitnesspal. Its wonderful!

I use My Fitness Pal on my android phone, on my old iPhone (that I still play games and stuff on since we escaped from AT&T) and on the web... whichever is easiest to get to at the time I want to record something. I'm connie96 on MFP too, if you wanna look me up.

I hate bad days when you want to emotionally eat! I've had one of those days - already over 1000 calories. Car broke down AGAIN - had to wait for DH to come fix it. He loves the car - I hate it - only because I'm always the one driving when it breaks down! So, I was really wanting to break down and have a chocolate caramel shake because I was so hot sitting in a black car, that the drivers window only rolls down 3 inches because DH hasn't fixed that yet either! So I yelled at him!

I didn't have the shake but I ate 2 protein bars - so that was an extra 400 calories. Then yes - I'm still feeling bad for breaking down and eating just because I was upset and not because I needed the food! :mad:

Sorry for the rant! Thanks for listening!

Favorite veggie - that's a toss up - hubby would say it's broccoli since I fix it all of the time. I think my favorite is asparagus - grilled or steamed with sea salt and coarse ground pepper. YUM! I also love mushrooms and this time of year home-grown tomatoes.

On the bright side I've already finished my 66 oz. of water for the day!

Angie

I am here to say that this can be done.

Corinna you are so inspiring and a true example that it can be done. Thanks for sharing your story.

Inspirational Quote 6/7/11

Life isn't about finding yourself, It's about creating yourself

Are you creating the person you want to be?

I feel pretty comfortable with who I am emotionally now I am just working on the physical part.

QOTD Tuesday, June 7

Not a big veggie lover but I have grown to love spinach. I recently made a quesadilla using whole grain tortilla's, fat free mozz cheese, spinach and tomatoe. It was so yummy.

you know, i really love salads but really only if someone else makes them. weird, right? there was a lunch place by my office that had a salad bar. you'd tell the guy all the stuff you wanted in it and then he'd toss it all up with the dressing. mmmm...i could go for one of those right now. used to have one almost every day when i was pg with thomas. but at almost $10 a pop those days are over!

getting tickets really stink even more when you dont realize your in a non-parking zone.

The place sounds like salad works. We have one here and it is so good but I agree too expensive. I have the same thing though. Very rarely do I make a salad at home they just dont taste the same.:lmao:

I feel like I had another busy day of doing nothing.:lmao: I took Ryan to school, ran home and showered, stopped and got gas, stopped at the grocery store and post office, picked Ryan up. Came home and ate lunch. Picked up nick at daycare. Took the boys to the shoppes we have with a fountain for them to play in. I sat back and relaxed while they played and it was a moment that I was thankful that my boys are growing up. I saw a bunch of other mom's chasing there toddlers around and never was happier for those days to be over.:lmao: Then we drove to the bank and now we are visiting at my parents house. whew I am more tired this week than when I go to work everyday.:confused3

Eating is going well except with a brief run in at mcd's today.....dont worry I am counting it. the boys wanted a snack and so horrible mother I am I got them french fries. It was the only thing around. No excuse though. Next time I will remember to bring a snack along. I thought they had enough with lunch but they are growing boys...silly me.

I am planning to do a yoga video tonight.:thumbsup2

I will check in with you all later.

I'm pleased to report that I have lost 3lbs since friday!!!!!!:cheer2:
--Congratulations! :banana:

we are going to olive garden for dinner and then a movie. I really want to get something tasty but good for me i know its going to be rough! But i will try to keep the portions small.

-- I did a super-quick search and the Venetian Chicken and the Seafood Brodetto both look ok, calorie wise, have no idea if they taste decent or not, never had them! :laughing: Also herb-grilled salmon or crusted tilapia. I am also pretty sure that you can ask them to bring the salad to the table w/o dressing and DBF can add his dressing on his plate. You don't have to totally go without dressing, but you can either do the old "squeeze of lemon" trick, or try dipping the tines of your fork in the dressing before stabbing the salad, works great!

I also sent the boyfriend on a hunt for some "low calorie candy" for me to snack on, lets see what he comes back with!

Aside from all the sugar-free hard candies out there, I love chocolate covered pretzels! You can find them in 100-calorie packs these days... you only get a handful, but better than nothing!

Question for all you folks, what are some healthy snacks that you favor? My mom asked me for my grocery list. I usually stick to grapes, carrots, and tlc crakers with hummus, would love to get some new ideas!

--I like all my sweets and salties in the 100 calorie packs, of course all the fruits and veggies, 94% fat free microwave popcorn. My latest find is "Mrs Kim's Magic Pop," I've only seen it at Whole Foods and our commissary on base. It's like a rice cake, but it has wheat in it too, so I don't think it would work for G-F... but they are soooo yummy, and it's 15 calories for one the size of a pita, so you can have more than one. I like them with hummus, but they are also good on their own.

I hate bad days when you want to emotionally eat! I've had one of those days - already over 1000 calories.
1000 at 3? That's not so bad, can you "come down" enough to settle for baked chicken or fish with salad and cooked veggies for dinner, maybe watermelon for dessert? So yummy, so low-cal, AND diuretic! I challenge anyone to stay unhappy while eating good watermelon! :)

On the bright side I've already finished my 66 oz. of water for the day!

See, that's good, and staying the in the hot car, just imagine how many toxins you sweated out. Rich ladies around here pay serious money to do that at a spa! :rotfl2:

Tonight is Mexican food, so that means sour cream, flour tortillas, and unhealthy choices. It's so frustrating to have to live with what I have, wishing I had more control over the situation. But at the same time, it's teaching me self-control in a way: I know I have a big tendency to overeat, especially Mexican food, but I am going to have to learn how to control myself and limit it to one taco or small burrito and have more veggies and less fattening condiments.

Wish me luck!

Try a taco salad. Take a cruchy taco shell and break it in pieces, make sure you can see them on the sides of the plate (it's a psych thing!), then load up with tons of lettuce and tomatoes and green onions, etc. Add about 3 oz of taco meat, sprinkled all over the salad so the salad picks up the flavor, one scoop of fat-free sour cream, to make it look pretty, a scoop of fat-free refried beans, and a scoop of guacamole. Instead of salad dressing, try fresh salsa (chopped tomatoes, chopped onions, cilantro, garlic, lime juice, salt to taste) Give it all a stir and it's pretty good, and you can use the shell to scoop up the beans and guacamole. The beans add so much depth! (And yes you can add shredded cheese if you can "afford" it... I just don't so I can have more yummy beans)

Back from the gym! Whew my trainer kicked my butt again..

I just made a ham and cheese sandwich on wheat and drinking a 20 oz bottle of water. Going to sit here a few more minutes and then work on laundry stuff. I need to also pick up the kitchen and vacuum. Oh and call the vet!

Be back in a flash.. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter