Biggest Loser Alumni Holiday Edition: past, present and future participants welcome!

Good morning all! :santa:

Thanks for all the :hug: and pixiedust: yesterday -- they really helped! :flower3:

I thought with being home I would have more time to post and relax but my kids are keeping me super busy and by the end of the night quite exhausted. It has been fun spending all my time with them and not having to go to work.:cloud9: Today is another PJ day for us.:woohoo: Although currently my boys are dressing up like police officers.:lmao: They have such an imagination...I love it.:lovestruc I am trying to talk my parents into coming down for a little so I can go running the afternoon. I still havent been doing all that great with eating...just picking at everything. I cant wait until 1/1/11 to start fresh again. I will try to check back later but if not have a great day.

Sounds like a nice day, Lindsay, and you got your run in, too! :worship:

Hope everyone is doing well. I'm off to get the team threads updated. Thank you Lisa and for everyone else who kept an eye on things for me.:goodvibes

Thank you for hostessing the spring challenge! :flower3: Can't wait to hear more about your trip!

I hope everyone is having a good winter break. To everyone with all the snow, could you send some our way? The mountains have plenty, but the rest of Colorado is so dry. We have been having to water our plants and trees to keep them alive. It is forecasted to snow tomorrow, hopefully we get some.

We had a foot of snow yesterday -- you're welcome to some of that! ;)

Hi, everyone! I am dreading my WW weigh in tomorrow, especially since I'd done so well the first 3 weeks of the new WW plan. I have been much better the past few days and today, but have not been reassured by what the home scale is showing. I am determined to have a net loss by next week the day we leave for Disney -- UGH!

pixiedust: for a good weigh in today, Cam, and having a Disney trip right around the corner makes everything better IMHO! :thumbsup2

QOTD Wednesday: Last year MIL gave us 5 snuggies. I can't imagine why a family would need 5 snuggies. It's not like we all sit in the living room wearing snuggies :confused3 She's given me lots of size XL clothing even after I lost 50 lbs and was wearing a small/medium.

:confused3 Maybe they were out of the other sizes?

People have been wondering how much snow we have at my house. Here are a couple of pictures.

dona, that is a heck of a lot of snow! :eek: Are you going to have to have your roof shovelled?

Hey!!! We are having a blast! Walked on the pier, played on the playground, went to "jiggly wiggly" for groceries, sandwiches for dinner, walked around the resort for a while. Going to play on the beach tomorrow, go to a magic show, listen to ghost stories(maybe) and go to campfire! Kids are conked out, so we are getting ready to watch TS3 and go to bed early!

Glad that you are having a good time! :goodvibes

So my DH says to me that's perfect, now he can get me for my birthday what he wanted to. An IPAD!!!! We are going to get it tomorrow night!! (I get to get it early!) Apparently, he has been trying to figure out how to afford it for a few days now, and the extra in the bonus made it work. I am so excited!

Congrats on the bonus and the iPad! :cool1:

Yeah, Taryn! I need to sweat more and eat less! I feel like I'm PMSing early as all I want to do is eat! Need to get rid of that feeling ASAP! I'll probably do mile 1, 2 and 4 tomorrow on the BL Power Walk in the morning and drink lots of water.

Wow! That sounds pretty intense but worth it! :thumbsup2

So many of you are talking about exercise videos - can you all share your favorite ones? (especially for newbies like me, so nothing too punishing)

The Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds DVDs are a pretty good place to start. She is a little too perky for me sometimes, especially early in the morning. :rotfl:

QOTD for Thursday, 12/30: What is one thing you can do today to make 2011 a great year?

I'm leaving the house in a few minutes to go to the gym at 5 am. :cool2:

It's a very quiet day, only 8 patients scheduled but they are spread out through the day, so it will be a long day. We usually have 40-50 average, so it will be nice and we'll fill the free time with cleaning and organizing. I'm going in at 8 so my dis time is limited this am.

And then another long week-end! :yay:

Have a great day all!

Tracey--sent you an email this morning. :)

Hey!!! We are having a blast! Walked on the pier, played on the playground, went to "jiggly wiggly" for groceries, sandwiches for dinner, walked around the resort for a while. Going to play on the beach tomorrow, go to a magic show, listen to ghost stories(maybe) and go to campfire! Kids are conked out, so we are getting ready to watch TS3 and go to bed early!

So glad you made it safely and are having fun!:goodvibes

So my DH says to me that's perfect, now he can get me for my birthday what he wanted to. An IPAD!!!! We are going to get it tomorrow night!! (I get to get it early!) Apparently, he has been trying to figure out how to afford it for a few days now, and the extra in the bonus made it work. I am so excited!

!
Very exciting!!!

I got my run in today too:banana: I am now off to bed. We are traveling to visit my aunt and grammy tomorrow. They live about 1 1/2 hours away. We will stay there for a little and get back home before dinner. So i might not be on until later.

Take care!
Great job on getting the run in! Enjoy your visit!:goodvibes

I signed up for Weight Watcher's tonight. It is going to take me a while to sort through all the literature. I'm hoping to be all set to start on Saturday. I think this program will be excellent since I will need to be diligent about journeling, looking up points etc. I am 4.6 lbs above the high end of my weight range so my goal is to hit middle of my range. I'm pretty excited and motivated at the moment:thumbsup2
Very exciting about joining WW, Deb!

Hi Everyone!

I am way ahead of schedule this morning. I don't know what's been happening, but I'm actually waking up when the alarm goes off. And, I feel well-rested! :banana: I can't figure out what I'm doing right. :rotfl:

My resolution is to get to my goal weight. That's less than 2 pounds per week by the end of BL 11, so it's very likely that I'll make it by next Dec. 31st. So, with that in mind, one of the things I am going to do is make sure to pack a lunch that does not need to be refrigerated. To do that, I'm going grocery shopping after work. I would have started today, but work is providing lunch today because someone is retiring.

:
Isn't it great to get some sleep! I didn't get up until 6:22! I feel so rested!

Here's to making your goal in 2011!!!:goodvibes

Hi Kathy! Enjoy your quiet day!

And then another long week-end! :yay:

Have a great day all!
Lisa--you are becoming quite the gym junkie!;) Great job!

QOTD for today--I can get my house re-organized today and plan our meals for the rest of the week. It was soooo wonderful to come home to a really clean house and we are going to try to keep it up. And I always do better when I have planned meals!

I am exactly at the high end of my maintain today! So pretty happy about that.:goodvibes I went to the Y and ran 5k and did a mile on the elliptical last night and then came home and went to bed--my headache came back again. Feeling better today. The plan is to go to the Y and ride the bike for a little bit and then do an 11 or 12 mile run on the dreadmill in the morning. I figure that's a good way to end the year. I need to get all my salty snacks ready for after the run to avoid the nausea.:goodvibes

Hope everyone has a great day! I am hoping to check in a little more today and maybe even post some stuff about our trip!

QOTD for Thursday, 12/30: What is one thing you can do today to make 2011 a great year?

Come up with an idea TODAY on how to organized for the challenge.

With work , kids and everything else called LIFE :rotfl2: I need to be ready when I have day like:
at work the copy machine broke at 11:45 and I need 700 copies by noon, The car had 2 flat tires, The washing machine died and flooded the laundry room, DS got suspended from school and There is no food in the house so we stop through McDonalds.
It is so easy to make excuses to keep going to fast food places and not exercise.

I get distracted easily :( so I need to think of ways to deal with crisis days. Thankfully they are not a weekly thing! One of my biggest challenges is I am gluten free due to allergies. Most of my pasta is rice pasta and has little to no fiber in it and way too many carbs. I need to go talk to a nutitionist to see how I can change things up or add things I never thought of.

I am looking forward to talking to others and asking questions like :
Does spaghetti squash really taste ok? I am also looking for some good vegetarian recipes too.
Have a good day everyone!
Abby

cclovesdis - Thanks for the dvd suggestion, it seems likes its a popular one! I will definitely check it out.

And thank you for the kind words as well. I am super proud of my kids - there is no questioning that they can be real PITAs some days, but overall they are great kids.

Mikamah - That whole work gig sure seems hugely inconvenient! ;)

lisah0711 - With both you and CC giving WATP the thumbs up, I certainly have to find a copy!

Rose&Mike - Hope the headaches stay away! My husband struggles with chronic headaches, and boy do they really impact all facets of his life.

pudge_the_fish - What an epically rotten day! Maybe this will help some - my daughter is a vegetarian and her current fave dish is a Summer Squash Chili that is pretty easy to make.

I signed up for beginning ballroom classes with my husband!! (Waltz, Swing, Foxtrot and Rumba) It was his idea originally, and I can't tell you how excited I am. What a fun way to work out. :D

My very mini trip report. :goodvibes
December 21-28 at BWV.

We got out of town no problems. It was raining here, but snowing in Cincy, so we were happy that we were on an early flight. As the morning wore on, a lot of flights started showing up as cancelled on the screens at the airport.
We made it to BW with no problems and had lunch at ESPN zone. I had the grilled veggie sand with ff. We also had some chips and salsa because my blood sugar was crashing. I have to talk to my dr. about this because I can’t go more than 2-3 hours without eating or I start feeling cruddy. It might be because we are ramping up our miles again.

Anyhow, We went to Epcot that afternoon. We ended up not really eating dinner because we ate such a late lunch. We pooped out pretty early cause we’d been up since 3am.

The next day we went to Narcoosee’s for dinner. I love Narcoosee! Our server was wonderful and the food was great! I had a small salad and butternut squash soup. We shared an appy and a dessert. So yummy! It got cool in the evening so the trend was to go to bed pretty early. On Thursday we went to Raglan Road for the first time. We had a great time there too! (Much of our trip revolved around dinner time—it was really relaxing to hang out as a family—plus we’d all just been at wdw in October, so we didn’t feel like we had to do the park commando thing.) I had potato soup and an asparagus tart (which was like a tiny quiche.)

On one of those nights we went to DHS and saw the Osbourne lights. I have some pics I will try to post later. And DS and I rode Dumbo together during this trip--since it will probably be our last chance before they redo it. Mike got some cute pics.:goodvibes We met a family at Dumbo who was taking their preschooler to WDW before being stationed overseas.

On Friday morning we went on the Segway tour. I must say I was quite nervous. (I actually was so nervous I was feeling queasy). But it ended up being a lot of fun! I did everything except this one hill at the end, but I was ok with that. I decided that all the elliptical I did this year really helped with the segway, because I have outstanding balance, if I do say so myself! I was really proud of myself, because DS has been wanting to do this for a long time, so glad I didn’t let my fears keep me from doing it!

The rest of our trip was pretty low key, some dinners, some parks, etc. We did go to the Sushi Bar at the Swan (I think). I did not have sushi, but we had fun.

I do have a funny story involving a family with three children—the kids names were Pierce and Preston, not sure about the baby’s name. I would say Preston was ~6, and Pierce was 4 and the baby was ~18 months. (Let me apologize ahead of time if you by some chance know these kids or your children have these names). This family got on the bus with us—I think on Christmas eve from the Magic Kingdom, can’t remember. Anyhow, let me say that there was drama and issues and strollers in the aisle, etc. The whole back of the bus was making jokes about it. So Christmas morning we had breakfast at Fresh Market—fabulous, by the way!—and I was walking back to my seat and someone is shoving a chair from another table right up next to mine and there were kids everywhere and screeching—you guessed it. Preston at one point was refusing (loudly) to go get food because he wouldn’t put his shoes on. The baby was SCREAMING and the mom kept saying—tell me what you need over and over, the middle one was dripping pancake syrup on to his finger from his pancake and licking it off, Preston finally put his shoes on but when he came back he kicked them down the aisle between the tables. We were at that point trying not to howl. We warned the waitress when they first sat down, and everytime she saw us she started smiling. I think it just became this huge inside joke. The mom dumped creamer all over the table because she thought it was milk. It was a three ring circus. DS said—how do people live like that. :lmao:

Anyhow, it kind of became a running joke, about whether we were going to see them again.

All in all we had a very nice trip. I finally slept for more than 5 or 6 hours at a time. Mike and I got 2 runs in, and except for one little dramafest, DS was pretty reasonable. I feel kind of bad, because usually I write down everything we do, and I didn’t do it this time, but I think despite that, this will probably go down as one of our best trips, despite the cool weather.

If I get a chance I'll post some pics!:goodvibes

Scrambling to check in between meetings and teleconferences.

Tauwillow - I LOVE trying new cooking sauces. I have a couple that a friend sent from Texas that I think could be found in most major grocery stores. One is Mango Ginger Habanero and the other is Raspberry Chipotle. I saw similar flavors at Williams Sonoma where I bought the Chili Peanut Barbecue sauce. I have now tried the chicken that I cooked in each of those sauces and every one of them was delicious.

Weigh in went sooo much better than I'd expected this morning. Down .6. I am not even going to say "only .6". I am grateful to have a loss at all. I hit my 15 pounds since I re-started WW. More than that before I joined but am glad to have gotten another 5 pound star today. You'd think I was 5. :)

Year-end is so busy here and I haven't had time to post though I am keeping up on reading. Just wanted to wish you all a wonderful new year celebration and a 2011 filled with love, happiness, good health and prosperity. :goodvibes

Thanks, Rose! I got them. I'll get started on using them tonight after work.

Slept in a bit this morning. I have been cleaning since 7:45 this morning. I purged a lot of clothes and trash. DD2s room is done. Ours is mostly done and DD1 needs to finish hers while I'm at work. No exercise except for the cleaning. We then ran to the dump and Shaw's to get gift cards for friends we are getting together with tomorrow night.

I'll be starting this challenge as a loser. I've gained A LOT and am having trouble controlling myself. I know I will get back with it next week once things return to normal and the kids are back in school.

Planning on taking down the tree on Sunday afternoon. I put away a bunch of Christmas stuff while cleaning. I have 2 tubs with sweatshirts and our stockings and such. I put together about 4 bags of clothing and another 3 bags of trash.

Heading out to work in about an hour. I'll feed the family before I go. I had a grilled chicken salad. I'll fix DH the same and not sure what I'll give the kids. We're watching a movie called The Santa Incident that was on Hallmark Channel last week. Still trying to finish up watching everything from the holidays.

DH and I stayed up late watching Ghost Hunters. There was a really scary one on. We both had trouble sleeping! It was a long night. Hopefully I'll sleep better tonight. Hopefully I will be able to get up and workout in the morning. If not, I will just start the New Year out right! Still need to bring the Wii back downstairs and start the EASA2!

Time to make the family supper!

TTFN :tigger:

Hi everyone! I am your coach for Friday, December 31st! I am running 12 miles or so in the morning, so thought I'd post the QOTD tonight.:goodvibes

QOTD for Friday, December 31st.
Reflect back on 2010. List at least one positive accomplishment for the year, more if you can.
:)

I am a firm believer that we beat ourselves up a little too much, and I know that at this time last year this would have been hard for me. I had positive accomplishments in 2009, but I was having trouble seeing them because I was feeling cruddy about so many things. Listing positive things is not the same as being indenial (sp?) about the things we need to work on. Those are two entirely different things. So just for today, let's celebrate some victories.:goodvibes

Have a great evening everyone!

Hope so too! :thumbsup2 How is DS doing?

Now I definitely need to buy that DVD! :worship:

Dylan is doing well. He's over his stomach bug and his ENT said his tubes look like they're working well. He is getting 4 teeth in at once though. They're the ones between his front teeth and the big back one. Maybe they're called eye teeth?? :confused3 So those are bothering him, but par for the course at that age I'm thinking.

Yes, I think I may have to get that DVD too.

The next day we went to Narcoosee’s for dinner. I love Narcoosee! Our server was wonderful and the food was great! I had a small salad and butternut squash soup. We shared an appy and a dessert. So yummy! It got cool in the evening so the trend was to go to bed pretty early. On Thursday we went to Raglan Road for the first time. We had a great time there too! (Much of our trip revolved around dinner time—it was really relaxing to hang out as a family—plus we’d all just been at wdw in October, so we didn’t feel like we had to do the park commando thing.) I had potato soup and an asparagus tart (which was like a tiny quiche.)

On one of those nights we went to DHS and saw the Osbourne lights. I have some pics I will try to post later. And DS and I rode Dumbo together during this trip--since it will probably be our last chance before they redo it. Mike got some cute pics.:goodvibes We met a family at Dumbo who was taking their preschooler to WDW before being stationed overseas.

Sounds like a nice relaxing trip. Narcoosee's and Raglan Road are on my list of places to try. Did you like Raglan Road?

HA! All of my vacation time revolves around dinner... and breakfast... and lunch... and snacktime... and trying new drinks... and well you get the point :lmao:

Osborne lights :love::cloud9:

Weigh in went sooo much better than I'd expected this morning. Down .6. I am not even going to say "only .6". I am grateful to have a loss at all. I hit my 15 pounds since I re-started WW. More than that before I joined but am glad to have gotten another 5 pound star today. You'd think I was 5. :)

Good job :thumbsup2

Reflect back on 2010. List at least one positive accomplishment for the year, more if you can.

I didn't crack while getting through my first tax season as a mom, we took our first vacation as a family (HHI), and I joined the BL thread and reached my goal :cool1: I'm sure there are other things, but those come to mind first.

Evening!

Busy day today, but I got so much done!

My plan for tomorrow is to sleep in and then join many of you in cleaning. :cool1:

Have a great day everyone! I can't believe BL 11 starts in less than 28 hours! :scared1:

QOTD One of my goals for 2011 is to get more organized. I have been working in my sewing space this week to put things away and I finally found my table. I have thrown out two bags of garbage and another of paper to go to recycle.

I am trying to clean out some of my half-used teaching supplies and just making the area with the 20+ containers that I plan to save much more organized myself. :thumbsup2

Kathy: Hope your quiet day was relaxing!

:worship:

Rose: Sounds like you had a great trip! :cool1:

:yay: for sleep! Hope you have another great night!

Abby: Hope all your days aren't like that. :scared1:

I have a friend who eats GF (dr.'s direction, but no diagnosis). What works the best for her is to stick to products that are naturally GF, like veggies, meats, dairy, instead of using rice products. :goodvibes

I signed up for beginning ballroom classes with my husband!! (Waltz, Swing, Foxtrot and Rumba) It was his idea originally, and I can't tell you how excited I am. What a fun way to work out. :D

Sounds like fun! I'm going to start going to Zumba again. Although, I may use YouTube to "revisit" the steps again. ;)

Cam: :woohoo: for weigh-in!

Tracey: I don't think I've said thank you for being our weightkeeper for BL 11 yet! :cool1:

Hi everyone! I am your coach for Friday, December 31st! I am running 12 miles or so in the morning, so thought I'd post the QOTD tonight.:goodvibes

1. Successfully finding a new doctor and finding the perfect combination of meds 2. Losing weight while I had a fractured foot
3. Finding a new job
4. Ending BL 10 with a loss :banana:
5. Saving some money
6. Joining the BL challenges (Believe it or not, I was very nervous. ;))
7. Eating more soup (I used to really dislike it-and many are so healthy!)
8. Taking Zumba classes
9. Keeping a gym membership for longer than 1 year
10. Helping/tutoring my neighbor well enough that she improved her grades

That's all that come to mind now. I'll keep thinking though. #1 is a big one. I am no longer gaining huge amounts of weight. :cloud9:

QOTD- I arrived at hhi Dec 29 2009 in size 16/18 clothes. Arrived December 29, 2010 in size 4/6 sweats!!!!

I am so psyched- I ran this am!!! For those keeping up, that's the first run since late October!!! I was able to run 3 miles, I was afraid I'd lost the ability to run 3 without stopping. Ran to the beach house and back, was cool tone stared at by pelicans!!!

Magic show, board games, a few games of pool, ghost tales and legends, and a wonderful campfire!!! I hugged Brad in the middle of one of the songs just b/c I was so happy! AND we haven't spent a dime outside if $30 for groceries!

Going to be mid 60's tomorrow, hoping to swim in the heated pool mid day, then all the NYE stuff tomorrow night'

Love you guys! Have fun tomorrow and be safe!
Taryn

Good evening again everyone!

Home from work! My whole entire head is blocked so I'm not feeling all that well. I of course, came home and pulled out cheese and crackers. My head is starting to hurt too!!!

Starting to get people's weigh ins so I will start getting organized this weekend!

Going to print out a spreadsheet and have a hard copy and one on the computer so I can keep everything straight. Mondays will be my day to really get things done and sometimes Wednesdays as those are the days I am free while the kids are in school.

Thanks for all the :hug: and pixiedust: yesterday -- they really helped! :flower3:

I hope your day ended up better than you were planning Lisa.

I am exactly at the high end of my maintain today!

Good for you Rose. Way to get back on the workouts. You are awesome.:goodvibes

I think for me its all about planning ahead and getting organized. I didnt have time to do anything of the sort today but I am hoping to make time this weekend to get ready for a fresh start.

How exciting. My dh would never go for this but I would love to do this someday. I bet you will get an excellent workout.

My very mini trip report. :goodvibes
December 21-28 at BWV.

1. Your trip sounded very magical and relaxing. Im so glad you had a great time. Sorry the weather wasnt warm but hopefully in feb. we will have some luck and get some sun and warmth.

2. The family with kids story had me hysterical. My dh was like what the heck are you laughing at. Honestly that just cracked me up. We have some families like them that come into the office and we cant help but laughing. Its usually the familys that we want to secretly send a copy of the super nanny dvd.:lmao: Glad you could get a laugh at of it.:rotfl2:

3. Im so glad you didnt let your fears get the best of you. The tour sounded like a blast. I was just talking to my mom today about being afraid to do things or go places. You have to "live like you were dying".

Weigh in went sooo much better than I'd expected this morning. Down .6.

:banana: Great job cam. Glad it was a good weigh in and :yay: for the new star. I remember going to meeting and getting those and it was so exciting. You have every right to act like your 5 and enjoy it...you work hard.

I'll be starting this challenge as a loser. I've gained A LOT and am having trouble controlling myself. I know I will get back with it next week once things return to normal and the kids are back in school.

I bet it wont take you long to get back on your routine and back to maintaining weight. No worries you can do it.

QOTD- I arrived at hhi Dec 29 2009 in size 16/18 clothes. Arrived December 29, 2010 in size 4/6 sweats!!!!

That is truly amazing. You are awesome and should be so proud of your accomplishments.

Im so happy to hear that you are happy and having a great time and :woohoo: on only spending 30.00. Thats amazing. What a great run you had to. See you still got it girl. Have a very happy new year and a wonderful rest of your trip.

Starting to get people's weigh ins so I will start getting organized this weekend!

Going to print out a spreadsheet and have a hard copy and one on the computer so I can keep everything straight. Mondays will be my day to really get things done and sometimes Wednesdays as those are the days I am free while the kids are in school.

Thanks for being our weightkeeper tracey. You will do a great job!!!!!!

I had a very nice day. Visited with my aunt and talked all about our trip and our plans for feb. Spent some time with my grammy who is almost 98 years old. My boys for the most part were very well behaved all day. That is a blessing in itself.:littleangel:

I stopped by our office to say goodbye to my favorite doctor who after 49 years of practice is retiring and today was his last day. I worked with him for 15 years and will miss him greatly. For his last patient today he wrote on a prescription blank..." this is the last prescription I will write, save this along with this dollar, keep it safe in your piggy bank and watch it grow over the next 50 years". I was in tears. He is such a wonderful doctor...one who spends time with his patients, will go to their home and check on them, call them in the middle of the night if there child is very sick, etc. He truly cares for each and every one of them.

Then I went with my parents and sons to texas roadhouse which is a steak house. Totally over induldge. It was delicious and I have to admit it was really worth it. I will be running 45min tomorrow and 6 miles on saturday so thats how I am justifying it.:rotfl: My dh went to eat with a bunch of coworkers for the holidays.

I am now off to bed. I will be back in the morning.

We've already talked about resolutions, so

Interestingly enough today we tore apart our master bedroom closet and went to home depot to get a new shelving system to organize it. We will paint it and install the laminate flooring, then the shelving system (customized for our needs) and get everything put back in there. We've been working on better organizing our house as we find we can better keep up with the chores if everything has a place.

I am a firm believer that we beat ourselves up a little too much, and I know that at this time last year this would have been hard for me. I had positive accomplishments in 2009, but I was having trouble seeing them because I was feeling cruddy about so many things. Listing positive things is not the same as being indenial (sp?) about the things we need to work on. Those are two entirely different things. So just for today, let's celebrate some victories.:goodvibes

-We made great strides in the home improvement and organization department

-We had a fabulous vacation
-Hunter remained tumor free and everyone is healthy
-I landed a full time job
-The kids are doing fabulous in school
-We have a plan in place to get in shape in the new year.

Thanks for posting this. I feel like I suck for not being on this thread more since it started. I went through a really rough patch with my disease and I'm still having issues. We switched over to prednisone thinking that would help, but it didn't so I had to switch back to hydrocortisone and my body is not a happy body. Sigh. I haven't even felt well enough to workout or go for a skate. Very frustrating!

But I needed this QOTD because I beat myself up a lot. They don't call Cushing's the ugly disease for nothing. I grew a hump, stretch marks and gained a ton of weight so it's really hard to find something positive in your life. I deal with hating myself all the time (yes, I do mean hate). I never look at myself in the mirror because I'm so ugly. So here goes...

1. I took a flying leap and had my adrenal glands removed on the chance I would have a better life and for the most part, I do.

2. I've had 2 straight 4.0 quarters at school which I've never had before

3. I'm actually excited to go back to school on Monday. I love learning chemistry even though I have to work really, really hard at it. I've never been this passionate about school before.

4. I went skating for the first time in a year and a half on Christmas Eve. It took a lot of guts to do that because I'm nowhere near the skater I used to be so I'm having to learn to adjust my expectations and be OK with not being perfect or the best.

5. I finished 2 5K's this year after surgery. I'm doing another one on Jan 1.

I think that's it. It's a start I guess...

Mikamah[/b] - That whole work gig sure seems hugely inconvenient! ;)

I signed up for beginning ballroom classes with my husband!! (Waltz, Swing, Foxtrot and Rumba) It was his idea originally, and I can't tell you how excited I am. What a fun way to work out.
You're right, work is very inconvenient. That's why I stopped on the way home and bought 5 megamillions tickets. Maybe I'll be putting my notice in on monday.:rotfl:
Ballroom dance classes sound like so much fun. I used to country dance, and loved the waltz. It's such a beautiful dance, and I felt so feminine and beautiful being twirled around the dance floor. Have fun.
With work , kids and everything else called LIFE I need to be ready when I have day like:
at work the copy machine broke at 11:45 and I need 700 copies by noon, The car had 2 flat tires, The washing machine died and flooded the laundry room, DS got suspended from school and There is no food in the house so we stop through McDonalds.
It is so easy to make excuses to keep going to fast food places and not exercise.
:hug:Sorry about your awful day. Hope it's all over now, and tomorrow is better. The fast food habit is hard to break, and we were going a ton last year, but after my ds's physical where he had also gained too much weight, he and I made a commitment to only have fast food once a month. In the beginning, I was tempted more than he was, and now like this month it's the last week and we'll go. Spaghetti squash does taste good, and you can use it just like spaghetti with sauce on top. My ds even liked it.

Weigh in went sooo much better than I'd expected this morning. Down .6. I am not even going to say "only .6". I am grateful to have a loss at all. I hit my 15 pounds since I re-started WW. More than that before I joined but am glad to have gotten another 5 pound star today. You'd think I was 5.
:cool1:Whoo hoo on your star and 15 pounds!!! Here's a banana too.:banana: they are so fun. My old ww leader, loved giving out the stars and they are so fun. I'm so excited for you that you had a loss this week that you weren't expecting.

I'm leaving the house in a few minutes to go to the gym at 5 am.
And then another long week-end!
:worship:5am at the gym, can you wear your pajamas? So excited for another long weekend. :cool1:

I am exactly at the high end of my maintain today! So pretty happy about that.:goodvibes I went to the Y and ran 5k and did a mile on the elliptical last night and then came home and went to bed--my headache came back again. Feeling better today. The plan is to go to the Y and ride the bike for a little bit and then do an 11 or 12 mile run on the dreadmill in the morning. I figure that's a good way to end the year. I need to get all my salty snacks ready for after the run to avoid the nausea.
Congrats on staying in your maintain weight. Do you eat any of those refueling gels or beans during your run too? Good luck with your run this morning.

All in all we had a very nice trip. I finally slept for more than 5 or 6 hours at a time. Mike and I got 2 runs in, and except for one little dramafest, DS was pretty reasonable. I feel kind of bad, because usually I write down everything we do, and I didn’t do it this time, but I think despite that, this will probably go down as one of our best trips, despite the cool weather.

If I get a chance I'll post some pics!
Sounds like a fun trip and lots of nice memories were made. Love you and ds going on dumbo.:cloud9: So sweet. I keep a journal for our trips, and the first trip I wrote every day, and each successive trip I've written less and less. I figure the pictures tell it all, and still take a bunch of pics. I'd love to see some pics from your trip.

I did not gain weight; I started running, and didn't quit; I cut fast food to once a month.

HA! All of my vacation time revolves around dinner... and breakfast... and lunch... and snacktime... and trying new drinks... and well you get the point :lmao:

I didn't crack while getting through my first tax season as a mom, we took our first vacation as a family (HHI), and I joined the BL thread and reached my goal :cool1: I'm sure there are other things, but those come to mind first.
Sounds like a marvelous vacation. I think you had talked of margariteas in epcot, and I don't know what kind I will have. For our trip, I think I'll have a couple drinks the day we get there, and the have a few days without alcohol before the race, so after the race, I'll need to catch up. :rotfl: I'll probably start with a regular margarita with some salt to help replenish my electrolytes.
Great accomplishments, Sue. Isn't is amazing how crazy things can seem before you have a child, but add that child into the picture, and it can seem impossible, but you just set your mind to it, and you can get through anything.

My plan for tomorrow is to sleep in and then join many of you in cleaning. :cool1:

1. Successfully finding a new doctor and finding the perfect combination of meds 2. Losing weight while I had a fractured foot
3. Finding a new job
4. Ending BL 10 with a loss :banana:
5. Saving some money
6. Joining the BL challenges (Believe it or not, I was very nervous. ;))
7. Eating more soup (I used to really dislike it-and many are so healthy!)
8. Taking Zumba classes
9. Keeping a gym membership for longer than 1 year
10. Helping/tutoring my neighbor well enough that she improved her grades
I'm not cleaning today, maybe tomorrow.;) I love your list, Cc. You have truly accomplished so much. Don't forget studying so hard and passing those exams. :thumbsup2

I am so psyched- I ran this am!!! For those keeping up, that's the first run since late October!!! I was able to run 3 miles, I was afraid I'd lost the ability to run 3 without stopping. Ran to the beach house and back, was cool tone stared at by pelicans!!!
Amazing!! I'm sure HHI is a whole new vacation for you this year. Did you ever think last year you'd be going out for a run this year? congratulations Taryn, and Happy new year!!!:hug:

Hope you're feeling better soon, and I don't think I've said thank you yet either, so thank you so much for taking over as weightkeeper for the new challenge. Looks like a big group is forming.:thumbsup2

II had a very nice day. Visited with my aunt and talked all about our trip and our plans for feb. Spent some time with my grammy who is almost 98 years old. My boys for the most part were very well behaved all day. That is a blessing in itself.:littleangel:

I stopped by our office to say goodbye to my favorite doctor who after 49 years of practice is retiring and today was his last day. I worked with him for 15 years and will miss him greatly. For his last patient today he wrote on a prescription blank..." this is the last prescription I will write, save this along with this dollar, keep it safe in your piggy bank and watch it grow over the next 50 years". I was in tears. He is such a wonderful doctor...one who spends time with his patients, will go to their home and check on them, call them in the middle of the night if there child is very sick, etc. He truly cares for each and every one of them.

Then I went with my parents and sons to texas roadhouse which is a steak house. Totally over induldge. It was delicious and I have to admit it was really worth it. I will be running 45min tomorrow and 6 miles on saturday so thats how I am justifying it.:rotfl: My dh went to eat with a bunch of coworkers for the holidays.

I am now off to bed. I will be back in the morning.
:hug:Sounds like you will miss that doctor lots. He sounds like a very sweet and caring guy. Love that he wrote his last prescription to his last patient. What a great idea.
YOur aunt must be getting excited for her first trip. I'm feeling like I need to get planning too. I've not been to the Texas roadhouse, but everyone I know loves it. It's vacation week, I'm cutting myself some slack this week too. The weekend looks good for running!!

-We made great strides in the home improvement and organization department

-We had a fabulous vacation
-Hunter remained tumor free and everyone is healthy
-I landed a full time job
-The kids are doing fabulous in school
-We have a plan in place to get in shape in the new year.
Love your list, and you definitely get the award for home improvement and organization. I am so impressed with all that you are doing.

Good morning everyone. I started posting last night, but then laid down with micheal and now it's morning. Though in my defense it is vacation week, so he's staying up later now. I think it was 9:30.:rotfl: At least the post was still here.
I'm on call til 3, and then I want to get out and do something fun. We may go into boston and see the ice sculptures, but come home early. If I don't get called in we'll go to a friends for a visit, and I"m going to try out her treadmill.
I did better eating yesterday, and am liking the new ww. I went to tally my dinner points, and winter squash was free. I think it used to be points. So that was a bonus.
Cant' believe it's the last day of 2010. I'm looking forward to the new challenge but I'll miss chatting with all my team Mickey friends. It will be fun to meet lots of new dis-ers too.

I will you all a happy, healthy new year. :hug:

Thanks for posting this. I feel like I suck for not being on this thread more since it started. I went through a really rough patch with my disease and I'm still having issues. We switched over to prednisone thinking that would help, but it didn't so I had to switch back to hydrocortisone and my body is not a happy body. Sigh. I haven't even felt well enough to workout or go for a skate. Very frustrating!

But I needed this QOTD because I beat myself up a lot. They don't call Cushing's the ugly disease for nothing. I grew a hump, stretch marks and gained a ton of weight so it's really hard to find something positive in your life. I deal with hating myself all the time (yes, I do mean hate). I never look at myself in the mirror because I'm so ugly. So here goes...

1. I took a flying leap and had my adrenal glands removed on the chance I would have a better life and for the most part, I do.

2. I've had 2 straight 4.0 quarters at school which I've never had before

3. I'm actually excited to go back to school on Monday. I love learning chemistry even though I have to work really, really hard at it. I've never been this passionate about school before.

4. I went skating for the first time in a year and a half on Christmas Eve. It took a lot of guts to do that because I'm nowhere near the skater I used to be so I'm having to learn to adjust my expectations and be OK with not being perfect or the best.

5. I finished 2 5K's this year after surgery. I'm doing another one on Jan 1.

I think that's it. It's a start I guess...
:hug: I'm sorry you are having such a struggle with the cushings. I hope they can find something that helps you soon. You have accomplished so much this past year. Your list is so positive, and I hope you're able to see many more positives in the new year. 2 5k's after having surgery is awesome, and good for you for getting out and skating again. I hope it was as much fun as before for you. Good luck with your 5k tomorrow!! You'll have to tell us all about it. I'll see you on Team Donald!!

1. I now love spinach.:lmao: never ate any green veggies and who would have thought I would find a love for spinach.:lmao:

2. lost 35lbs. going from a size 16 to a 12.

3. Kept up with running. I have run 2-3x a wk since april. Going as far as 7 miles.

4. Got a promotion at work.

Thanks rose for letting us take the moment to feel proud of what we did. It is so easy to look at all the negative stuff.

Cant' believe it's the last day of 2010. I'm looking forward to the new challenge but I'll miss chatting with all my team Mickey friends. It will be fun to meet lots of new dis-ers too.

Kathy I will miss you too but at least we have the princess thread now.:banana:

Good morning everyone. My kiddos slept until 8am today.:banana::banana: It felt good to just sleep without any interruptions.

So its the last day of the year, we better make it a good one.

Here are my plans:
-go make breakfast. Bacon and french toast.
-run for 45 min.
-go to the grocery store, stock up on the good food for our fresh start tomorrow, and get something for dinner tonight.
-rest, while the kids nap Im going to finish watching the movie I started last night before falling asleep.
- We have whats called first night in our city. They have a Giant Lightup Peep that drops after the countdown and then fireworks. (our area has a just born plant where the peeps are made) They do this at 6pm for the kids, and again at midnight. It is really cool.
-come home for dinner
-play games/wii etc.
-watch the NYE shows on tv.
-Cry as the ball drops in NYC.:confused3
-Give hugs and kisses and go to sleep

I hope you all enjoy your day as much as I will. I wish you all the most healthy and happy new year possible.

Take Care!!!!!

Good morning all! It's hard to believe that this is the last day of the holiday challenge and tomorrow we will all be starting the spring challenge!

Thanks to you all for helping get us through that busy, hard on your lifestyle change, holiday season!

I am exactly at the high end of my maintain today! So pretty happy about that.:goodvibes I went to the Y and ran 5k and did a mile on the elliptical last night and then came home and went to bed--my headache came back again. Feeling better today. The plan is to go to the Y and ride the bike for a little bit and then do an 11 or 12 mile run on the dreadmill in the morning. I figure that's a good way to end the year.

Great job staying at your maintain range after vacation, Rose! :thumbsup2 And :worship: on the 12 miles today!

Come up with an idea TODAY on how to organized for the challenge.

With work , kids and everything else called LIFE :rotfl2: I need to be ready when I have day like:

I get distracted easily so I need to think of ways to deal with crisis days. Thankfully they are not a weekly thing! One of my biggest challenges is I am gluten free due to allergies. Most of my pasta is rice pasta and has little to no fiber in it and way too many carbs. I need to go talk to a nutitionist to see how I can change things up or add things I never thought of.

I am looking forward to talking to others and asking questions like :
Does spaghetti squash really taste ok? I am also looking for some good vegetarian recipes too.
Have a good day everyone!
Abby

Abby, a "plan B" is a must for this lifestyle change thing to work. It takes awhile to figure out what works for you so don't get discouraged. :flower3:

And, although I generally like squash, I'm not a big fan of spagetti squash. And IMHO it tastes nothing like pasta. :laughing:

lisah0711[/b] - With both you and CC giving WATP the thumbs up, I certainly have to find a copy!

I bet they will be on sale on Sunday at Target. :goodvibes Ballroom dancing sounds like a blast!

I do have a funny story involving a family with three children—the kids names were Pierce and Preston, not sure about the baby’s name. I would say Preston was ~6, and Pierce was 4 and the baby was ~18 months. (Let me apologize ahead of time if you by some chance know these kids or your children have these names).

:lmao: Love the story about Preston, Rose. We had a similar run in at Sea World in San Diego with a kid we still fondly call "Dudley." We first ran into Dudley waiting for a tour, then Dudley was on our tour, Dudley ate at the same place we did for lunch, and lastly we ran into him at the gift shop. Everywhere Dudley went he and his parents gave us a lot of entertainment in a not so good way. Sad, but true. :sad2:

Weigh in went sooo much better than I'd expected this morning. Down .6. I am not even going to say "only .6". I am grateful to have a loss at all. I hit my 15 pounds since I re-started WW. More than that before I joined but am glad to have gotten another 5 pound star today. You'd think I was 5.

:woohoo: for a great weigh in and your 15 pounds lost! :yay:

I'll be starting this challenge as a loser. I've gained A LOT and am having trouble controlling myself. I know I will get back with it next week once things return to normal and the kids are back in school.:

You'll be back on track in no time, Tracey! Thanks for being our weightkeeper! :flower3:

I'm midway through training for my first half marathon! princess:

Hope that Dylan is feeling better soon! :hug:

My guy is having tooth pain due to getting ready to have his growth appliance installed for his braces so unfortunately you'll be dealing with this for awhile! ;)

Have a great day everyone! I can't believe BL 11 starts in less than 28 hours! :scared1:

And thank you, CC, for being our healthy habits coach!

:woohoo: That is an accomplishment! Have a wonderful time at HHI! :flower3:

I had a very nice day. Visited with my aunt and talked all about our trip and our plans for feb. Spent some time with my grammy who is almost 98 years old. My boys for the most part were very well behaved all day. That is a blessing in itself.:littleangel:

Then I went with my parents and sons to texas roadhouse which is a steak house. Totally over induldge. It was delicious and I have to admit it was really worth it. I will be running 45min tomorrow and 6 miles on saturday so thats how I am justifying it.:rotfl: My dh went to eat with a bunch of coworkers for the holidays..

I'm glad that you had a nice day, Lindsay. Good luck with your 6 miler! :flower3: I did mine yesterday and it was the farthest I've ever gone so I can't complain a bit! princess:

BRB worried about the smilie police! ;)

I signed up for this challenge !
I understand what I have to do to avoid health issues and I am ready to follow through.
Walking for Exercise isn't all that bad. :lmao:

other than that for health type things, well... it was a bad year.

I took a lot of college classes and loved them. I made A's all the way.
I learned how to be calm when DH's plant closed down and he was out of work for 4 months.
My kids had an awesome year! I am proud of them and their hard work.
The begining of the year was not so great, BUT the last few months have been good. REALLY good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter