Biggest Loser Alumni Holiday Edition: past, present and future participants welcome!

lisah0711

♥ her Disney office
Welcome Past, Present and Future WISH Biggest Loser Participants!

This thread is to help us get through the holidays and give us a “home” until the next round of Biggest Loser starts ~ WISH style! We will be starting a new Biggest Loser challenge on January 1st. There will be some changes this time around so stay tuned for some exciting changes! Until then lets support each other as we navigate the tricky holiday season.

We will have 2 weeks of the alumni thread. We are going to keep track of our weight loss ourselves. I'm hoping to do a coach of the day rotation schedule so if you are interested in being a coach for a day or two please let me know. :flower3:

We are here to offer support, cheer you on, and every so often ask a Question of the Day to keep it all “fresh”.

Since our Biggest Loser Fall Challenge will still be active through December 17th I won't post a warm up QOTD until around December 13th. In the meantime, please feel free to join us here: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=37971045&postcount=1

Think of this as our BL virtual holiday open house party. :santa: I'm hoping to see as many BL folks as we can find at least stop by and say "hello" so if you know of a previous (or future) participant send them a PM and encourage them to stop by once the thread gets going!

COACHING SCHEDULE :santa:

This is a busy time of year so we are doing a coach of the day rotation.

Fri 12/17 lisah0711
Sat 12/18 pjlla
Sun 12/19 mikamah
Mon 12/20 flipflopmom
Tues 12/21 lisah0711
Weds 12/22 lisah0711
Thurs 12/23 SettinSail
Fri 12/24 mommyof2pirates
Sat 12/25 :santa: No coach today -- happy holidays!
Sun 12/26 keenercam
Mon 12/27 dvccruiser76
Tues 12/28 donac
Weds 12/29 cclovesdis
Thurs 12/30 cclovedis
Fri 12/31 Rose&Mike

Thank you to all our coaches! We could not do a challenge without you! :flower3: Coaches post a question of the day, do replies and keep our conversation moving.

If you want to volunteer to coach a day or two please PM me.

Warm up QOTD: Tell us a little about yourself, your past BL challenges, and what you hope to accomplish regarding your health goals during the holidays?

Warm up QOTD: Tell us a little about yourself, your past BL challenges, and what you hope to accomplish regarding your health goals during the holidays?

Am I the first one at the party?? COOL!

Well... .I'll be brief since you all know me already! I'm a 40-something mostly SAHM to two kids (DS almost 13 and DD 15 1/2), married for 18 years. I have struggled with weight issues for my entire teen/adult life. WW has taken more of my $$ over the years than I care to think about. But I decided to make one more attempt at it on January 2, 2008 and I haven't stopped yet! I have lost 87 pounds as of this week. I am struggling with a final 2-4 pounds, but I'm trying not to let that bother me too much. I pretty much consider myeslf a maintainer these days.

I have finally realized that it is definitely a life-long journey, not a short excursion. I have made changes that I believe will last a LIFETIME. I could go all "psycho-babble" on you right now about these changes, but I won't (unless you make the mistake of asking me about it directly ;) ).

This is my 3rd or 4th BL challenge here on the WISH board. I've lost track. And my goals for this holiday season are.... maintain, maintain, maintain!! And that would involve maintaining my exercise routines, as well as maintaining my weight.

Personally.... I consider myself a Disney-lovin', scrapbookin', kid-taxiing Mom.... and I'm very happy with that!!

My side job, right now, is nurse and dietician and physical therapist to DH, who is recovering from a major injury. That is keeping me very busy, but I'm so glad I'm here to do it.

That's it about me!! Lisa... I'll PM you about a few coaching dates!......P

I always forget to answer my own QOTD! :lmao: I am Lisa and I have been on the WISH boards since 2009. I am your hostess for this thread. I think this is my eighth BL challenge but it is my first holiday challenge. :santa: I have been hostessing the BL challenges since summer of 2009 and this while this is my last challenge as hostess, it won't be my last BL challenge because I really love and need these challenges! :cool2:

My weight loss journey has been very slow but I'm picking up momentum, especially as I am running the Princess with several of my BL friends. princess: I've lost over 40 pounds, I've finished the last two years weighing less than I started for the first time in literally years, and I've lost over 8" inches since the end of September (didn't count before then). I know that the reason I've finally been successful with my health goals is thanks to the WISH boards and the BL challenges! I love all you guys! :love:

Am I the first one at the party?? COOL!

Well... .I'll be brief since you all know me already! I'm a 40-something mostly SAHM to two kids (DS almost 13 and DD 15 1/2), married for 18 years. I have struggled with weight issues for my entire teen/adult life. WW has taken more of my $$ over the years than I care to think about. But I decided to make one more attempt at it on January 2, 2008 and I haven't stopped yet! I have lost 87 pounds as of this week. I am struggling with a final 2-4 pounds, but I'm trying not to let that bother me too much. I pretty much consider myeslf a maintainer these days.

I have finally realized that it is definitely a life-long journey, not a short excursion. I have made changes that I believe will last a LIFETIME. I could go all "psycho-babble" on you right now about these changes, but I won't (unless you make the mistake of asking me about it directly ;) ).

This is my 3rd or 4th BL challenge here on the WISH board. I've lost track. And my goals for this holiday season are.... maintain, maintain, maintain!! And that would involve maintaining my exercise routines, as well as maintaining my weight.

Personally.... I consider myself a Disney-lovin', scrapbookin', kid-taxiing Mom.... and I'm very happy with that!!

My side job, right now, is nurse and dietician and physical therapist to DH, who is recovering from a major injury. That is keeping me very busy, but I'm so glad I'm here to do it.

That's it about me!! Lisa... I'll PM you about a few coaching dates!......P

Thanks for volunteering to coach. :flower3: I have you on the list!

just subbing for right now! I'll post later!!!

TTFN :tigger:

:wave2: Hi Tracey!

Hi Lisa!

Hi everyone,

I'm Tracey and I've been here for 3-4 challenges! I started my weight loss in Dec. 08 and am just about at goal! I just got back from Disney last Thursday so I have a few pounds to get rid of but not much! I am also known as the Energizer Bunny by some of the Alumni as when I get working out I REALLY workout! I am a wife and Mom of 2 girls (10 and 6). I am a former teacher and now work part time as a massage therapist. I love to cook and shop and watch movies of all types. I also love to read and listen to audio books when I have time.

I'm also finishing up a BL challenge at my local wellness center. I have lost over 14 pounds in 12 weeks and at the 6 week point I had lost over 9 3/4 inches! I have my final weigh in there on Friday as well. I will find out next Wednesday night if I have won over $300! That's a lot of motivation right there. I'm kicking my workouts and eating healthy into full gear this week. I'd like a nice big loss this week. I'm drinking a lot of protein shakes and water and doing at least 2 miles on the elliptical everyday! I usually get up at 5:15 every morning to get that in. After the holidays I am becoming a wellness coach in my area. The leader of our weight loss challenge thinks I would be great at it.

Hanging at work right now waiting for the afternoon/evening girl to arrive. My boss got stuck/lost in Boston this morning so I have to wait before heading out to do more Christmas shopping. I need to be back at my house by 3:20 so I will be cutting it close after I leave here. Luckily I know what I need to get and where to find it. Unfortunately it's a 20 minute drive both ways. If time I want to run into BB&B and Target. My main place is Best Buy to get Despicable Me and a compute game for DH.

Time to go wash up the stones from the hot stone massage I gave!

TTFN :tigger:

Hi! I'm Rose.:goodvibes I started doing BL challenges in January. I have lost 47 pounds this year and have been a maintainer since September. I have a 19 year old who is away at college--though he is currently home for winter break. I am married and work part time in the development/marketing group at a non-profit. What else--I am a vegetarian and I enjoy working out. I ran 2 half marathons this year and I am registered for the Disney Princess in January. DH is looking at running the Seattle marathon this spring, so I am contemplating running the 1/2 there.

I agree with Pamela--this is a lifelong journey. There is not anything magical that happens when you hit maintain--you have to still keep doing the work. BUT--the rewards of all that hard work are so worth it. I have also learned that it is ok to fall off the wagon--everyone falls off the wagon on occasion. You do not have to be perfect, you just have to work hard!:goodvibes

I will be hosting the BL spring challenge and running one of the two team threads. Look for more details this weekend!:goodvibes

Hello!:goodvibes

My name is Shawn and I just finished participating in the Fall Challenge, my first. It was a very rewarding experience and I lost 12.5 pounds in 15 weeks, thanks to the encouragement and motivation of my team mates. I hope to lose even more in the upcoming Spring Challenge.

I have been married for 16 years and have a 13 year old son. We are Americans who live in Germany thanks to my DH's company! We are half way through with our assigment here and hope to come back home to the States July 2012. We will be home for 3 weeks visiting over the Holidays.

I never had a weight problem until I got married. I gained up to about 20 pounds over my normal BMI range but I got very out of shape after having a baby, about 73 pounds over my normal BMI. I tried for many years to lose the weight but always gained it back. I finally decided to try to maintain my highest weight for fear of gaining even more weight. For about 2 years I was succesful at maintaining my weight. Last year on my birthday, I vowed to lose 50 pounds before the next birthday, which would be my 50th. My birthday is coming up Feb 17th so I may not make my goal but I believe I will have atleast 30 pounds off by then. I have lost 23.5 pounds to date. I have done it all on my own, without following a program or a trainer.

Good luck to you on your WL journey and I hope you will join us on the BL Spring Challenge!

Shawnprincess:

PS: Lisa, I am happy to coach Dec 23rd:goodvibes

Really, you need to know more about me?? :lmao:

Taryn - 35. 2 girls, 11 and 3. Kindergarten Teacher. Working on Master's Degree. Pampered Chef consultant. Busy, stressed, disney obsessed, wordy, couldn't make it without my BL friends that I am "closer" to than my real life friends.

Started my first challenge in February after losing 16 pounds on my own in January. I've lost 68 pounds this year, and am mostly a maintainer. I would love to lose 2 more to make it a nice even 70, but I'm not going to think about loss until January. Maintain is the name of the game for the next 3 weeks!

Lisa, thanks so MUCH for doing this thread! The thoughts of being challenge-less (unchallenged? dischallenged?) for a few weeks from my friends over the holidays would have made me cry!:hug:

On the first day of the holiday challenge, my true love gave to me . . . a big drink of water for me! :santa:

QOTD: Tell me what you are hoping to accomplish with your health goals during the holidays and how you hope this thread will help you meet those goals?

PS: Lisa, I am happy to coach Dec 23rd:goodvibes

Thanks, Shawn! :flower3: Safe travels home today!

Really, you need to know more about me?? :lmao:

Taryn - 35. 2 girls, 11 and 3. Kindergarten Teacher. Working on Master's Degree. Pampered Chef consultant. Busy, stressed, disney obsessed, wordy, couldn't make it without my BL friends that I am "closer" to than my real life friends.

Started my first challenge in February after losing 16 pounds on my own in January. I've lost 68 pounds this year, and am mostly a maintainer. I would love to lose 2 more to make it a nice even 70, but I'm not going to think about loss until January. Maintain is the name of the game for the next 3 weeks!

Lisa, thanks so MUCH for doing this thread! The thoughts of being challenge-less (unchallenged? dischallenged?) for a few weeks from my friends over the holidays would have made me cry!:hug:

Well, not everyone knows you, Taryn! :flower3: You've done so well. I know it's been a tough year for you but look at how far you've come and you have a wonderful family vacation to look forward to soon. :hug:

My health goals for the holidays are to stay in my new decade and to continue my training for the Princess! princess: I know by having a place to come and talk with all my BL friends will help keep me on the straight and narrow! :santa:

And I'm hoping to find some of our folks who've drifted away or haven't been around much and see how they are doing! :flower3:

QOTD: My goal is to drink lots and lots and lots and lots of water! I am too tempted to head for punch, etc, and the snacks. I also have to stay out of the kitchen, since I am a teacher and home for the duration. I also want to MOVE with my girls every day, dancing, wii, whatever.

Happy Friday!

QOTD: Tell me what you are hoping to accomplish with your health goals during the holidays and how you hope this thread will help you meet those goals?

I am planning on running 10 miles this weekend, and getting 3 short runs in while we are at wdw.:goodvibes I am going to try to eat as healthy as possible, but I am ok if I start off the next challenge a tiny bit up.:goodvibes

Taryn--glad you said water...I need to do a garden grocer order and I keep forgetting!!:lmao:

Shawn--have a safe trip.:goodvibes

Lisa--thanks for hosting the thread over the holidays.:goodvibes

Warm up QOTD: Tell us a little about yourself.

:wave: Hi everyone, I'm Nicole. I am 29 and married with a 2 year old son.

I'm very excited to be here and the support I have received since I started replying on the last challenge have really helped me keep on the straight and narrow. It really makes me feel accountable for my actions :banana: And there is something about writing how my daily diet and exercise are going really helps keep me encouraged!

My health goal goals during the holiday is to keep drinking my water, get in my exercise EVERYDAY, and to be okay with the few indulgences I plan on taking over the holidays.

I'm ready!

:cheer2: Nicole

I don't have too much time to post. Just wanted to check in and will talk later.

I had a pretty productive day. I did 3 loads of laundry, a 1 mile watp, ordered my garden grocer, got the team threads up and running, and posted an info thread on the community board and the podcast board for the next challenge.

If anyone frequents those boards and can give them an occasional bump, that would be great! I am not going to have a lot of extra time.

Did you know that eggland's best sells hardboiled eggs? (Please don't tell me they taste bad!) I have a hard time getting enough protein when we are traveling, so I am really excited. In October we had a one bedroom so we just boiled eggs. This time we are in a studio, so this will be great. I love hardboiled eggs.

I also ordered apples, bananas, nuts, cheddar cheese slices, water, beer:thumbsup2, pb&j for ds, bread for ds, goldfish for ds. I think that might be it. I might call and see if they can get the mini bagels that Mike and I like. I will take luna bars and pistachio crisps in my carry on along with some nuts in case we get stuck somewhere and I can't find anything except lettuce to eat.:lmao: I packed some mini chocolates in the box we shipped. Mike called and they have our box, it's just waiting for us to arrive!

It looks like we are going to get snow Tuesday morning, so traveling without checked luggage was a good call. This way we have some flight flexibility.

Ok, probably need to get back to doing something productive!:goodvibes

Hello everybody. I just signed up for the spring challenge, which will be my first.

I'm 39 and have had a very difficult year. I was a surrogate mother, having 3 of my own children and 5 children for other couples. My last surrogacy was particularly difficult when our full term baby died in March, and had to be delivered the following day. To complicate matters, my intended parents blamed me and were pretty awful about the whole thing. Truth is, I'm still dealing with the trauma of it all.

After 8 babies and a lot of grief, I have a good amount of weight to lose. I deal with sleep issues and depression currently, but I really want to get a grip on my life again - and losing the weight to the point that I find "me" is becoming more and more important.

I eventually want to be consistent with calorie counting, but my biggest goal right now is to start exercising every day.

My other stats: I'll be married 18 years in February to my beloved IT geek, have three kids (11, 14, 17), my middle son is a ballet dancer attending HS at the NC school of the arts, I'm a artist but haven't been doing much this year and we live in central IL.

I think that about covers it!

Hello everybody. I just signed up for the spring challenge, which will be my first.

I'm 39 and have had a very difficult year. I was a surrogate mother, having 3 of my own children and 5 children for other couples. My last surrogacy was particularly difficult when our full term baby died in March, and had to be delivered the following day. To complicate matters, my intended parents blamed me and were pretty awful about the whole thing. Truth is, I'm still dealing with the trauma of it all.

After 8 babies and a lot of grief, I have a good amount of weight to lose. I deal with sleep issues and depression currently, but I really want to get a grip on my life again - and losing the weight to the point that I find "me" is becoming more and more important.

I eventually want to be consistent with calorie counting, but my biggest goal right now is to start exercising every day.

My other stats: I'll be married 18 years in February to my beloved IT geek, have three kids (11, 14, 17), my middle son is a ballet dancer attending HS at the NC school of the arts, I'm a artist but haven't been doing much this year and we live in central IL.

I think that about covers it!

You came to the right place! Not only are these challenges helpful in weight loss the support you get mentally is amazing. There are days when I feel horrible...I vent on here and get so much support and guidance that it almost instantly makes me feel better. Everyone here is truly amazing. Im so sorry what has recently happened to you. How horrible to be blamed after the unselfish act you had provided and tried to provide to that couple. Hang in there. We are all here for you.:hug:

My name is Lindsay. I will be 32 in January. I am a wife and mother of two boys ages 6 and 3. I work full time as a practice manager of a pediatricians office. I Joined the BL challenges this year and just completed my 2nd one. Since may 2010 I have lost 35.4lbs. I would like to loose another 25lbs. I always was very athletic and fit but after my two children I put on alot of weight. I decided to get back to my athletic status and began running. I am currently training for the disney princess half marathonprincess: in feb 2011. I am excited to meet some of my BL friends there too.

Thanks to Lisa for getting this thread going to keep us on track over the holidays. I will Pm you some dates for coaching.:goodvibes

Hello everyone!! I'm Kathy, a single mom to 9 yo son Michael who pretty much is my life. I work as a nurse in endoscopy, and love WDW. I found WISH after our first trip in 07, and have done quite a few BL challenges, some I've lost on some maintained, and the one after my mom died in 09, I gained. I've been up and down with weight in the past but since I've been doing these challenges, I don't yo-yo as far up as I used to. I did couch to 5k in the spring, and I think running has become a way to get another disney trip, and am run/walking the princess half marathon in feb with Lisa and am so looking forward to meeting some of my "imaginary internet friends" in real life.
Over the next 2 weeks, I plan to maintain overall, which may mean putting on a few pounds over christmas, but on 12/26, I plan to get back on track, and really buckle down and lose some weight. I will continue my run/walking during these two weeks as well.

Thanks Lisa for hosting this challenge over the holidays. It will definitely be a big help to keep some healthy habits going.

Rose- Thanks for hostessing and getting the spring challenge going. The threads and clippies look awesome, and it's going to be a great challenge.

Tauwillow- Welcome and I am so sorry for your loss and all you have been through. So much of our weight loss and health is related to all that is going on in our lives, mentally and physically, and this group has been an amazing support system for me, in so many ways. I look forward to getting to know you too.

Gotta watch Yes virginia, there is a santa claus now. Have a great night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter