Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique FAQ PART II - w/ Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to stop in with info about my dd5's recent BBB appointment. We had an appt for 11:10am at the DTD location. Due to severely ridiculous bus issues we arrived running in at just about 1 hour late. We were still granted our appointment, thankfully!

This BBB visit was a surprise, so I went up to check in first and told the FGMIT that we were surprising her, then we called her over. She told dd (Adison) that she was going to be a princess and what princess would she like. I was surprised that she chose Ariel! She had been saying for weeks that she wanted a Cinderella dress, but when it came down to it, Ariel won out. She chose the gown.

I am not a fan of the glitter shoes that "match" several of the princess gowns. Last year we bought the Sleeping Beauty pink glittered shoes and they were trashed after the first day of wear. We looked all around the Princess shopping area/room for a pair of simple flip flops or sandals that might match, but there was nothing. She wore her crocs, but they were not super noticeable due to the length of the Ariel gown.

Within 10 minutes "Princess Adison" was called in and we were left to wait by the front desk/check in area. Adison was jumping up and down and all smiles at this point, and a woman began talking to her. She was in plain clothes but was a cm, I assume she was some type of manager or supervisor. She was just having general chit chat with Adison about if she was excited, is she having fun, etc.

A few moments later, Adison and I were led to a dressing room with her gown, tiara and wand laid out on the bench. I changed her into her dress and we went out to wait for her FGMIT to appear. We watched some other princesses getting made over and chatted with another mom who was watching her daughter's transformation.

Adison had originally stated she was picking the "princess bun" up-do, which I was pleased with. I like that style the best out of what they offer. When we were watching the other girls, she said she wanted "What those girls have," which was the rainbow hair piece.

After a few minutes, a FGMIT came over and asked us to come with her to the dressing room again. We went in and someone's tutu & shirt were laid out, but we were just in the room so she could comb out Adison's hair. I thought this was a little odd, as last year she was combed out in the chair - but last year we were at the MK location, so I figured they might just have different procedures at each location.

After Adison's hair was combed, we exited the room and the FGMIT started speaking to Adison. She told her she was very special and they has selected her to be their "Window Princess."

We were led to a small closet/armoire that had a few capes hung in it. Adison chose a blue cape to wear and we were paraded across the BBB and out into the Princess room of World of Disney. A PP photographer came with us, snapping all the way. They give a real royal treatment during this process and treat the little girl like a celebrity. It was really very special!

We were led over to the window that faces out of the Princess room and onto the sidewalk at DTD. A PP photographer was with us for a lot of the time. Other guests were outside the window looking as they walked by, some people were inside the store and peeking around the wall watching as the FGMIT worked on Adison's hair.

The FGMIT we were given for the actual appointment was not the same girl that set up our dressing room and combed out Adison's hair. Both girls were equally nice and sweet to Adison though!

Adison ended up choosing pink hair over the bun and over the rainbow hair. She also chose pink shadow, pink nail polish and basically anything that could be pink was pink! She's a fan of the color, I have to say.

There is a little bench for parents to sit on so they have a close view of the child in the salon chair.

After the transformation was complete, we were paraded back to the actual BBB location. We paid our bill and added on the Ariel purse & glove set. We are suckers because we bought the Sleeping Beauty set last year, and it was worn for pictures only and then declared "too hot," and of course the same thing happened with the Ariel set!

We were given a map with the Photopass location shown so we could go get our portrait package done (we had selected the Castle package). The photographer did a nice job and the pictures are ready quite quickly!

We then ate lunch at Earl of Sandwich and just as we were about to leave, we heard an announcement about a Princess Parade that was to start. We made our way back to the BBB/Princess entrance of World of Disney so we could watch. When we walked up toward the parade, the FGMIT leading it called out to Adison and asked if she would like to join, then had her walk right in the front holding the banner with her!

The parade was very cute, they walked a path from WoD to the carousel and all of the little princesses and FGMITs got on and went for a spin. People shopping and eating stopped in their tracks and cleared the path to watch their little march and you could see that the little girls believed they were true Disney Princesses at that moment.

I had been trying and trying to switch our BBB appointment to the MK location with no luck, but to be honest I am glad that we went to the DTD location! I had no idea about the "Window Princess" and no idea about the parade, both of which were highlights of our trip.

I will post some pictures soon!

I just asked which location and why and this helps! After talking to a few people I'm leaning towards DTD.
anyone know do they parade same time every day? If we do DTD it would be on our MVMCP night. DD looves carousels and I really think she would enjoy that.
How long would I expect all this to take?
TIA!

I am SO excited about visiting the BBB. Izzy is a total princess and had her first mani-pedi this year on birthday money.

If we bring our own dress can they change in the dressing room there? DTD. I want it to be a total surprise that she's getting a princess makeover. princess:

I am SO excited about visiting the BBB. Izzy is a total princess and had her first mani-pedi this year on birthday money.

If we bring our own dress can they change in the dressing room there? DTD. I want it to be a total surprise that she's getting a princess makeover. princess:

Yes you can bring your own dress and change.

FOR ALL YOU MOMMAS WITH QUESTIONS ABOUT LARGER SIZE DRESSES OR CONCERN FOR UNCOMFORTABLE COSTUMES....
Do you know what an upcycle dress is??

This is what DD will be wearing. You can buy them new for about the same price or used (excellent) condition for less. They are handmade from Tshirts. VERY COMFY. Sooo cute! If I could figure out how to post a pic from my phone I would show you. I'm having a special Cinderella one made for DD. haven't seen many on Etsy but there are LOADS on Facebook.

DTD OR MK BBB Lication and why?

We did it at the DTD location on our arrival afternoon so they would be ready for their CRT breakfast the next morning. It worked well for us. Didn't eat up any park time.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We are surprising DD 5 with a trip to BBB on our upcoming trip. I searched high and low for a Belle dress since that is her favorite princess and was unimpressed with the quality of the dresses offered at Disney store. A few weeks ago I was on zulilly.com and happened upon a yellow dress that while not a Disney dress will be perfect. It also cost considerably less than the Disney store dresses and the material is much nicer quality. I ordered it and had DD try it on-she is super excited to have a new princess dress to wear in the parks, I can't wait to see her reaction to BBB. Here's a picture of DD modeling her new dress :)

Belle.jpg

I just asked which location and why and this helps! After talking to a few people I'm leaning towards DTD.
anyone know do they parade same time every day? If we do DTD it would be on our MVMCP night. DD looves carousels and I really think she would enjoy that.
How long would I expect all this to take?
TIA!

I'm not really sure if the parade is the same time daily. I assume that it is, but I could be wrong. I honestly didn't do a lot of research about the DTD location!

We did the Castle pkg at the MK location last year and I read tons of info about that, what to expect, prices, etc. We really enjoyed the MK location too, by the way, it wasn't lacking by any means, and if we didn't have the "window princess" experience along with the parade, it probably would have been equal or even less exciting than the MK location (due to being inside Cinderella's castle, you are right at MK so it's convenient since I would guess most people spend their day there after a BBB appt anyway, and if you are getting the Castle pkg then you just go right next door to Castle Couture for the portraits. Castle Couture is more fitting with the BBB theme than the Photo Pass location you are sent to in the DTD location).

Anyway, so this year I took the DTD appointment only because we couldn't get one at MK. I was actually trying to switch it to MK all the way up until the day before our appointment, but no dice! I am glad that we weren't able to switch though, because we really enjoyed the pixie dust heaped upon us at the DTD location!

As far as how long...Hmm I have never paid attention, but I would say that the entire transformation including checking in, hair/makeup time, portraits and paying takes at least an hour. Someone else can chime in to verify this or correct me!

The carousel in DTD, by the way, is $2 to ride (the ride as part of the little parade was free) so even if you don't end up timing it to be there for the parade, she can still ride!

We are surprising DD 5 with a trip to BBB on our upcoming trip. I searched high and low for a Belle dress since that is her favorite princess and was unimpressed with the quality of the dresses offered at Disney store. A few weeks ago I was on zulilly.com and happened upon a yellow dress that while not a Disney dress will be perfect. It also cost considerably less than the Disney store dresses and the material is much nicer quality. I ordered it and had DD try it on-she is super excited to have a new princess dress to wear in the parks, I can't wait to see her reaction to BBB. Here's a picture of DD modeling her new dress :)

Belle.jpg

Very pretty!

By the way, the dresses used in the BBB are not the Disney Store dresses, for anyone that might be looking at the various styles. I had considered a DS dress, but they were out of DD's size when I was going to buy, so we did a dress from BBB again. I did see a lot of princesses wearing the various Disney Store dresses and they looked nice enough, though. I actually really liked the shoe styles that they have had recently.

It could just be that I'm picky but the fabric at Disney store was terribly scratchy and my DD didn't want to leave the dress on. I considered buying her the dress from BBB but was worried they might not have it in her size and she also wanted to have the dress to wear in the park. Our appt at BBB is toward the middle of our trip.

It could just be that I'm picky but the fabric at Disney store was terribly scratchy and my DD didn't want to leave the dress on. I considered buying her the dress from BBB but was worried they might not have it in her size and she also wanted to have the dress to wear in the park. Our appt at BBB is toward the middle of our trip.

All of those Disney dresses are scratchy. Doesn't matter if it's from the Disney Store, Downtown Disney or BBB.

Try having her wear a camisole underneath.

The dresses at BBB are just as scratchy. The Aurora dress actually leaves bright red marks all over DD's body when she wears it (yet she insists anyway). She wore it the other day to school (royal day, she's in Pre-k) and wore a tank underneath and it was much better.

For the Diva style are there hair pieces that actually match the girl's hair color or is it supposed to look 2 shades off?

For the Diva style are there hair pieces that actually match the girl's hair color or is it supposed to look 2 shades off?

They have several colors. From pink to blonde, brown, red and i think black. Thre are probably more. As for shades of blonder or brown, it's just one shade. My daughter has always picked her own, she has done pink, blonde and red. yes it doesn't match at all, but she is happy. I think the red looked the worst with her blonde hair. That coming from me, who has multi colored hair myself. LOL

They have several colors. From pink to blonde, brown, red and i think black. Thre are probably more. As for shades of blonder or brown, it's just one shade. My daughter has always picked her own, she has done pink, blonde and red. yes it doesn't match at all, but she is happy. I think the red looked the worst with her blonde hair. That coming from me, who has multi colored hair myself. LOL

My dark brunette dd picked pink hair..definitely not a match! She loved it though, which is the whole point! :)

The dresses at BBB are just as scratchy. The Aurora dress actually leaves bright red marks all over DD's body when she wears it (yet she insists anyway). She wore it the other day to school (royal day, she's in Pre-k) and wore a tank underneath and it was much better.

Buy a white cotton tank slip at Hannah Anderssen. Best purchase to prep for a BBB day IMO. Comfy and minimalist for a "barely noticeable" look under the cute but oh-so-scratchy gowns! DD wore the same one at 3 and 5 under Tiana from BBB and Cinderella's pink gown from the Disneystore. It was perfect!

Sydnerella's Mama

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Help! DD4 just decided to try and cut her own hair, so now she is sporting a sort of cut bob (with a couple of way short 1" bangs that I might be able to hide for a couple of months).  We have BBB reserved for her before MNSSHP, but now I am wondering if I should cancel? Her hair is too short for a bun and likely won't grow enough by Oct. She also loves Snow White, so a bob and a headband would work for that costume idea? Other than the experience, and being IN the castle, which would be pretty cool, just not sure it's worth more than $50 now? What would they do with a bob style?

ColonelHathi said:
Help! DD4 just decided to try and cut her own hair, so now she is sporting a sort of cut bob (with a couple of way short 1" bangs that I might be able to hide for a couple of months).  We have BBB reserved for her before MNSSHP, but now I am wondering if I should cancel? Her hair is too short for a bun and likely won't grow enough by Oct. She also loves Snow White, so a bob and a headband would work for that costume idea? Other than the experience, and being IN the castle, which would be pretty cool, just not sure it's worth more than $50 now? What would they do with a bob style?

My daughter had short hair and they were able to work with it. She lost all her hair from chemo last year. So her bangs were eye level and they tied the upper half of her hair and tissed it to look like a bun. I have pictures but not sure how to share it with my Android phone. We brought our own gown and the royal experience was all worth it. You wont regret it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter