Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique FAQ PART II - w/ Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.
DD still has very short hair since she lost all her hair last year from chemo. It will be too short for a bun, can they still do a different style for her? She's not used to hair being pulled back anymore but would look nice with some curls.

They have styles with fake hair.

They did not need our brushes for DDs in March. My older DD has very long, thick red hair, so I was actually very surprised they were able to get it up with the comb. They had no problem.

DD still has very short hair since she lost all her hair last year from chemo. It will be too short for a bun, can they still do a different style for her? She's not used to hair being pulled back anymore but would look nice with some curls.

All the styles require the hair to be combed back, but if she has very little, you can ask if they can work with what she has. They might just pixie dust her hair, gel it with colorful gel, and do the make up.

We just did this in early May for my 4 year old. She loved it and then we got to go the castle for dinner. Such a great experience and she kept getting mad at me when I called her by her name-she informed me she is now Princess Skylar. ;-). I was able to get the hair to last about two days so she dressed up the next day as a princess too in the parks. She loved it and so many people walking by said hi Princess. This will probably be a new tradition when we visit the parks.

th_DSCN2278.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

We are all trained to work with short hair, even as short as a pixie cut. If it is too short for a bun, the Diva is a great choice. I've done it on a pixie cut before and it looks fantastic :)

ibnerd13 said:
We are all trained to work with short hair, even as short as a pixie cut. If it is too short for a bun, the Diva is a great choice. I've done it on a pixie cut before and it looks fantastic :)

Thank you! She's booked at the MK on June 5, a day before her 4th bday.

Just made my DD first BBB reservation!!! I made it for 8:15. Is that a good time for those who have done it? We are staying at AoA...will we have to leave super early to get there on time? Time for pics in front of the castle before? Will we get out too late to have pics in front of the castle after with the hoards of people rushing in?

Just made my DD first BBB reservation!!! I made it for 8:15. Is that a good time for those who have done it? We are staying at AoA...will we have to leave super early to get there on time? Time for pics in front of the castle before? Will we get out too late to have pics in front of the castle after with the hoards of people rushing in?

I think we left AOA about 7:15/7:30 when we went. We were let into MK at 7:45 and photopass photographers were already out on Main Street and in front of the castle. (we missed the first bus and I was stressed but a 2nd one came within 5 minutes) You'll have plenty of time before hand (ours was at 8:30 and we had more than enough time for all kinds of photos).
I think for timing to get out it all depends on the style - the first year DD did the princess bun and it didn't seem to take that long but this last time she did the pop princess and I was watching girls come and go that had the fairytale style (sorry if I called it wrong I don't have a chance to go back and look the right terms up right now)

Thanks! That is helpful! Tis is our first BBB experience, and I'm wondering when during the trip do most people do it? My DD will be four, and we arrive on Sat. And I have an appt. early Sunday morning at MK.i thought it would be a great way to start the trip, but I see some people don't like that? Will the hair (I'm thinking traditional bun) really last and look good the next day? Or should Ijust planon washing it out that night? What about an afternoon swim? Shoulda just try to keep her head out of the water that day? We are having dinner that night at 1900 PF as I just cannot swing eating at the castle for my whole family:(

Sorry for all the post....can you tell I'm new to BBB?;)

I just read this review! Did anyone else find this to be true?

"Like most parents of a 4-year old girl, I felt compelled to indulge my daughter's desires to be made into a little princess at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. We chose the cheaper $56 package that only included hair, make-up and limited accessories. While the "fairy godmother" stylist was very courteous and bubbly, in that Disney way, and my daughter did look all toddler's & tiaras afterwards, the whole experience was negative from my daughter's perspective. Actually, she hated it for one compelling reason. The super-cheap industrial strength gel and hairspray was so toxic smelling that my daughter begged us to take her back to the hotel and wash it off. The smell was so bad that she passed up our promise of an ice cream sundae in order to take a bath! Disney should take care in investing in better hair care products that do not have such strong and gut-wrenching odors to them that make little girls nauseous.

I do not recommend this experience for children.

Visited May 2013"

"Like most parents of a 4-year old girl, I felt compelled to indulge my daughter's desires to be made into a little princess at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. We chose the cheaper $56 package that only included hair, make-up and limited accessories. While the "fairy godmother" stylist was very courteous and bubbly, in that Disney way, and my daughter did look all toddler's & tiaras afterwards, the whole experience was negative from my daughter's perspective. Actually, she hated it for one compelling reason. The super-cheap industrial strength gel and hairspray was so toxic smelling that my daughter begged us to take her back to the hotel and wash it off. The smell was so bad that she passed up our promise of an ice cream sundae in order to take a bath! Disney should take care in investing in better hair care products that do not have such strong and gut-wrenching odors to them that make little girls nauseous.

Visited May 2013"

No! We have done this for both of our trips and didn't notice any toxic smell :confused3

No! We have done this for both of our trips and didn't notice any toxic smell :confused3

No smell here either. In fact, the gel was something I have used at home. Further, of all of the people who have been and posted about the experience, this is the first time I have read anything about the smell of the hair gel here or anywhere else. And I would have noticed because ever since I had my first child, my nose is wayyyyyy sensitive to fragrances.

As to when to do it during the trip, it varies according to the time of year and a family's plan. Personally, this will be our 2nd time and the first time I scheduled it around the day I was able to get Cinderella's Royal Table reservations for dinner and Akershus for breakfast the next morning. It ended up being about midway through the trip. This time I only booked our trip early March for an early June visit and I was just happy to get an appointment at the castle on one of our days. It is on the afternoon of our first park day.

My daughter just did this in early May and we didn't notice any type of toxic smell. I think I smelled her hair at one point and I thought it smelled good but that's my opinion. We did ours on our 2nd day of the trip and her hair lasted through the next day. She didn't go swimming the first night (after it was done) so if she would have it would have probably come out. It is up to personal preference though. My daughter loved being able to dress up as a princess at Magic Kingdom and then since it was still in the next day she dressed up again at Animal Kingdom too. I liked it during the trip so she could dress up at the parks with her hair all dolled up. Enjoy it-it was so fun watching her get it done.

Visited May 2013"

Where did you read that at? Was it on Dis? One thing to look at is how many posts this person has. Sometimes people come on and post negative things and only have a couple of posts. They are usually trolls just stirring things up.

You guys should check Craigslist! I have found most of my girls dresses there and some of the "older models" made different sizes. Also, I have gotten next to new dresses there for a fraction of the cost.

We did that a few years ago; when we had a five year old as part of our group. I treated her to BBB and my neighbor and her husband purchased the gown off e-bay (Belle) and then purchased flats from Target that were multi-colored.

I sew a great deal and I was pleasantly pleased when we got there, to see the quality of the dress she purchased through E-bay was much better than the ones currently in the store.

Just wanted to stop in with info about my dd5's recent BBB appointment. We had an appt for 11:10am at the DTD location. Due to severely ridiculous bus issues we arrived running in at just about 1 hour late. We were still granted our appointment, thankfully!

This BBB visit was a surprise, so I went up to check in first and told the FGMIT that we were surprising her, then we called her over. She told dd (Adison) that she was going to be a princess and what princess would she like. I was surprised that she chose Ariel! She had been saying for weeks that she wanted a Cinderella dress, but when it came down to it, Ariel won out. She chose the gown.

I am not a fan of the glitter shoes that "match" several of the princess gowns. Last year we bought the Sleeping Beauty pink glittered shoes and they were trashed after the first day of wear. We looked all around the Princess shopping area/room for a pair of simple flip flops or sandals that might match, but there was nothing. She wore her crocs, but they were not super noticeable due to the length of the Ariel gown.

Within 10 minutes "Princess Adison" was called in and we were left to wait by the front desk/check in area. Adison was jumping up and down and all smiles at this point, and a woman began talking to her. She was in plain clothes but was a cm, I assume she was some type of manager or supervisor. She was just having general chit chat with Adison about if she was excited, is she having fun, etc.

A few moments later, Adison and I were led to a dressing room with her gown, tiara and wand laid out on the bench. I changed her into her dress and we went out to wait for her FGMIT to appear. We watched some other princesses getting made over and chatted with another mom who was watching her daughter's transformation.

Adison had originally stated she was picking the "princess bun" up-do, which I was pleased with. I like that style the best out of what they offer. When we were watching the other girls, she said she wanted "What those girls have," which was the rainbow hair piece.

After a few minutes, a FGMIT came over and asked us to come with her to the dressing room again. We went in and someone's tutu & shirt were laid out, but we were just in the room so she could comb out Adison's hair. I thought this was a little odd, as last year she was combed out in the chair - but last year we were at the MK location, so I figured they might just have different procedures at each location.

After Adison's hair was combed, we exited the room and the FGMIT started speaking to Adison. She told her she was very special and they has selected her to be their "Window Princess."

We were led to a small closet/armoire that had a few capes hung in it. Adison chose a blue cape to wear and we were paraded across the BBB and out into the Princess room of World of Disney. A PP photographer came with us, snapping all the way. They give a real royal treatment during this process and treat the little girl like a celebrity. It was really very special!

We were led over to the window that faces out of the Princess room and onto the sidewalk at DTD. A PP photographer was with us for a lot of the time. Other guests were outside the window looking as they walked by, some people were inside the store and peeking around the wall watching as the FGMIT worked on Adison's hair.

The FGMIT we were given for the actual appointment was not the same girl that set up our dressing room and combed out Adison's hair. Both girls were equally nice and sweet to Adison though!

Adison ended up choosing pink hair over the bun and over the rainbow hair. She also chose pink shadow, pink nail polish and basically anything that could be pink was pink! She's a fan of the color, I have to say.

There is a little bench for parents to sit on so they have a close view of the child in the salon chair.

After the transformation was complete, we were paraded back to the actual BBB location. We paid our bill and added on the Ariel purse & glove set. We are suckers because we bought the Sleeping Beauty set last year, and it was worn for pictures only and then declared "too hot," and of course the same thing happened with the Ariel set!

We were given a map with the Photopass location shown so we could go get our portrait package done (we had selected the Castle package). The photographer did a nice job and the pictures are ready quite quickly!

We then ate lunch at Earl of Sandwich and just as we were about to leave, we heard an announcement about a Princess Parade that was to start. We made our way back to the BBB/Princess entrance of World of Disney so we could watch. When we walked up toward the parade, the FGMIT leading it called out to Adison and asked if she would like to join, then had her walk right in the front holding the banner with her!

The parade was very cute, they walked a path from WoD to the carousel and all of the little princesses and FGMITs got on and went for a spin. People shopping and eating stopped in their tracks and cleared the path to watch their little march and you could see that the little girls believed they were true Disney Princesses at that moment.

I had been trying and trying to switch our BBB appointment to the MK location with no luck, but to be honest I am glad that we went to the DTD location! I had no idea about the "Window Princess" and no idea about the parade, both of which were highlights of our trip.

I will post some pictures soon!

Sorry if this has been asked -I didn't read though all the posts. But what is the largest dress size at BBB? I was looking at the Disney store and can really only find 7/8 or 10 - I am afraid that the 10 might be a little tight, don't they run a little small?

My DGD is wearing a 10 now and we don't go until November - I was just wandering if I should be looking for something else for her to wear because I don't want to get there and find out that they don't carry anything larger than a 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter