• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Between the BLs (Biggest Loser) Summer Challenge 2010 Part 2

Here is today's unofficial QOTD:

Chinese or Italian? Italian

Penthouse or ground floor? Penthouse (preferrably with a mountain view :goodvibes)

Plain or peanut? peanut

music or tv? music,

ocean or lake? lake

horror movie or chick flick? chick flick

math or reading? reading

soup or salad? salad

video game or board game? board game

sushi or no sushi? NO sushi

outgoing or shy? shy, until I get to know someone

saver or tosser? saver

cooking or baking? baking

hot cereal or cold cereal? cold cereal, no milk

newspaper or tv news? newspaper

optimist or pessimist? optimist, at least I try to be!

That's all for today!!.............P

Work is blah today, needed a DIS break!

Stressful time here. My DH was laid off from his teaching job (after 9 years at the same public high school) and school starts next Tuesday and he still hasn't been able to secure a position. He is very very depressed and defeated and it's infecting me too. He has had a bunch of interviews and has made it o the last round and then...nothing. Big disappointment came last night when his school district announced it was rehiring 10 of the 29 teachers it laid off but, despite his having the most seniority of the teachers laid off, his position was not targeted as a "necessary" one to reinstate. Tried to run today but ended up taking a pilates class instead. We're working through this but it really stinks....
Sorry for the pity party. :confused3 Thanks for listening.

Jude - sorry to hear about DHs position. That stinks! Hope something works out soon.

Thanks! My dad just called and checked me on me actually. We are going to give it until tomorrow because even at 26, I still have ear infections.

A neurotologist (because most people have never heard of one) is usually also a surgeon. Mine does surgery a few days a week, so if I have to call him, I probably won't be able to see him until Friday.

CC - hope you are feeling better. My Step Father has had life long ear issues (fell in river as a kid and got an infection that led to partial deafness) so I have a small inkling of what you are going through. Your journey through a maze of doctors sounds crazy, but hopefully you have found the one that get you where you need to be. Good luck.

Tracey - hope your DD is feeling better!

I found this quote today, and my very first thought was the group of you very special people.

Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family: Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one.

Jane Howard, American Journalist

I am glad I found this clan/network/tribe/family with all of you! Finding this group at the begining of the summer was meant to be!

Dahly

I found this quote today, and my very first thought was the group of you very special people.

Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family: Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one.

I am glad I found this clan/network/tribe/family with all of you! Finding this group at the begining of the summer was meant to be!

Dahly

Thank you for sharing that! It is a wonderful clan/network/tribe/family to belong to and I really am thankful as well!

Ok, just skimmed the replies quick. I will be back later to read the replies to Ps questions and to answer them!

Cam--loved your post!

Jen--I am almost always up after a long run (over 9 miles). I really think it's my body holding onto water and fixing things. Those three pounds will be gone quick!

Jude--sending good thoughts your Dh's way. I hate hearing about all these teachers out of work!:hug:

Dahly--almost forgot to say, loved that quote!

CC--thanks for sharing about your ear. I think I told you all before that DS has a rare genetic disorder. It was so hard to get it diagnosed. Sounds like you are on the right track to getting some answers. And fwiw, we taught DS growing up, that some days you just have to have poor me parties. Of course there are always people who have worse things to deal with, but sometimes you just have to say this stinks, I'm sick of dealing with it, be sad, angry, frustrated for a while and move on. He doesn't talk about it very much, but every once in a while he will still say--I hate this. Usually that's all he says. I am happy to listen anytime you need to say this stinks!:hug:

Ok, I'll be back later. We need to get ready to run!

You all are so AWESOME! DD2 is slowly getting back to normal She ate some Saltines and perked up. She ended up taking a nap for another hour late this afternoon but woke up grumpy again. Finally drinking again!

Had tomorrow morning off but took the rest of the day off tomorrow mainly for her but DH has his work fantasy football draft tomorrow after work and DD1 has her 2nd soccer practice. If DD2 feels ok we'll take her bike and she can ride around the track with me while I walk. Won't get in 4 miles but should get in at least 2. Won't let her overdo it though and if it's too hot, which may be an issue, we'll come home or do some grocery shopping.

Didn't get in a workout and I broke my rule and made a Mint Mudslide for DH and me! I've been so worried about DD2 and hopefully this will help me sleep well again tonight. Not a good excuse!

Looking forward to 2 episodes of Glee tonight at 8! We just found the opening of the Emmys online and that was great!

Need to make some phone calls!

I'll check in tomorrow morning AFTER a workout! Plan on getting up at 6 for an elliptical workout! Enjoy the rest of your night!

Dahly

Love that! Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy about you guys!!:grouphug: I agree with this statement. There is NO WAY I could have stuck it out on my own with WW without the support of this group!

CC--thanks for sharing about your ear. I think I told you all before that DS has a rare genetic disorder. It was so hard to get it diagnosed. Sounds like you are on the right track to getting some answers. And fwiw, we taught DS growing up, that some days you just have to have poor me parties. Of course there are always people who have worse things to deal with, but sometimes you just have to say this stinks, I'm sick of dealing with it, be sad, angry, frustrated for a while and move on. He doesn't talk about it very much, but every once in a while he will still say--I hate this. Usually that's all he says. I am happy to listen anytime you need to say this stinks!:hug:

Ok, I'll be back later. We need to get ready to run!

Rose....I know you've shared with me about your son's disorder when I was lamenting about my DS's skin issues. As hard as it is, it certainly teaches people to be more understanding of other people's issues.... but you're right.. sometimes you just need to have a short pity party! And then you remember everything that is GOOD and RIGHT in your life and move on.

Well... the fried rice wasn't as good as last time.... the bok choy was a little bitter... and I probably used too much in my attempt to add extra veggies. Next time I'll use less bok choy and throw in some celery. But overall it was good. DS didn't love it, but he didn't complain out loud so I "rewarded" him for not complaining by allowing him to have a peanut butter sandwich after he ate a small serving of the rice. He was thrilled and I hopefully helped reinforced the lesson about NOT COMPLAINING about the food you are served! Tougher where there's NONE! (I use that saying a LOT around my house!! :laughing:)

I've got a few points left for a small dessert... not sure what that will be yet. DH did me a "favor" :eek: and left me a scoop of cookie dough in the fridge from the batch of cookies he made Sunday night... but so far I have resisted. I will PLAN to save it until Friday night and splurge on it then (and share it with DD, who shares my loves of DOUGH!). Maybe I'll make some pudding tonight. I've been trying to not eat past 8:30 pm, so if I'm going to have it, I better make it soon.

Brought the laundry in from the line, but now it needs folding... oh well.:laundy: I've got errands to run tomorrow, so I need to get it done tonight. Not even anything fun to watch on tv while I'm folding.

TTY tomorrow!...................P

Wow I can't believe how many posts have gone up since I posted on Sunday. I went out to a Sweet 16 party on Sunday . BY the time I got home I raced to the bathroom and spent most of SUnday night there. I have been out of it pretty much since then. I have been sleeping on and off for the last 48 hours. This is the first time I have been on the computer since Sunday.

I did glance through the posts but not in the mode to read so I just skimmed.

I won't be long on here today since I think I should eat something. Since Sunday night I have had 1/2 cup of cheerios and 1/2 a bagel and this afternoon I had 1 piece of dry toast. I am planning on eating some watermelon and maybe some green tea.

I saw the questions and wanted to try them

Anyhow.... on to today's unofficial QOTD!! Feel free to skip it or give one word answers or go on and on about it... it is up to you. It is just kind of a "get to know each other better" type of thing.

These are "which do you prefer" or "what type are you" kind of questions...

chocolate or potato chips?chocolate

fiction or nonfiction? both

traveler or homebody?both

neat or messy?messy

planner or free spirit?planner

skirt or pants? pants

morning or evening?morning

summer or winter?fall summer if not too hot like this year.

girly-girl or plain jane?plain jane

coffee or tea?tea

cat or dog?both

country or city?both

little sports car or big SUV? SUV

Democrat or Republican? (JUST KIDDING... can't ask that question on the Dis any more!! Plus I don't really care! I hate politics!!)

talk radio or music? music in the morning, news radio in the afternoon

pink or blue?blue

laundry or dishes?dishes

outdoors or indoors?outdoor

ice cream or cake? both

reality tv or sit-coms?both

Have agreat evening everyone.

Chinese or Italian? Italian--there in lies part of my problem--I love pasta!

Penthouse or ground floor?--penthouse

Plain or peanut?--I'm with you P--peanut butter

music or tv?--this is interesting, since I've started working out more, I'd say music and a lot less tv. Last fall, waaaaay too much tv

ocean or lake?--ocean--we used to live in San Diego, and I loved being able to go to the beach everyday if I wanted!

horror movie or chick flick?--chick flik or action movie

math or reading?--reading, for someoene that uses excel so much, I really don't like math!

soup or salad?--soup

video game or board game?--cards:goodvibes

sushi or no sushi?--no sushi

outgoing or shy?--reserved until I feel comfortable

saver or tosser?--saver, though I do go on huge tossing sprees

cooking or baking?--both:goodvibes

hot cereal or cold cereal?--cold cereal w/plain greek yogurt and a banana

newspaper or tv news?--tv news, though I have been watching less and less this summer!

optimist or pessimist?--pessimist and Mike is an optimist. Not always a good combo!

Well we're back from our run! It was a cool 90 when we started at 7:00 or so. I need to download the Garmin so I can get the minutes and update my exercise challenge minutes for the month. Can't wait for the results!

Tracey--glad your DD is doing better!

Dona--feel better soon!

Thanks Rose, Pamela, Dahly, Jen, and Lisa! I am really glad I shared this will my BL friends. I realized today that it really is a bigger part of me than I want to admit most of the time so definitely worth sharing. :)

Jude-:hug:

Donac-Feel better! :goodvibes

Lisa-I am jealous of you having a trainer. I considered it before my sister got married, but the trainer at my gym talked me out of it. :confused3

Octoberbride-Good luck in the job search! :goodvibes

Dalhy-Love the quote!

Pjlla-You've inspired me to go clean up a bit before I head over to the BL 10 thread.

Tracey-Glad to hear DD is doing even better!

Well, I'm off for a few. Time to pick up some laundry from around the house. My mom does the laundry (I CAN, but she insists) and then leaves piles of clean clothes throuhout the house. Then, she complains because I don't pick them up. I guess I'm supposed to be like Tink and follow her around. :rotfl2:

Have a great night everyone!

Finding something to be proud of in my day.

Tonight, I changed clothes at work and went to the Y on the way home. I was only able to manage 15 minutes on the bike and even though I thought about trying some strength exercises, I was nauseous from pain and decided it would be better to try again in the morning. So, my first 15 minutes on the bike since my surgery. :woohoo: They were slow miles, but I did 2.35 and that's more than I had in the bag when I left work.

I also stayed within my points, even with a snack tonight. Day 6 of my new WW effort is done, successfully. And I am looking forward to going to the gym in the morning with a friend and really hoping to see a good weigh in on Thursday morning at WW.

Taryn, most of my summer was like that so I can empathize. I felt like I was running around in circles and not going anywhere. (And, frankly, I wasn't!!) Maybe it's a phase we all have to go through when trying to change our body image???
Thanks Jude. I think the fear of going back to where I was can be overpowering sometimes! I did so well for so long, it stinks to feel like the momentum is gone! Hopefully, you and I both will have a great fall challenge!

Taryn-You are doing great. No, I take that back. You are doing amazingly well, absolutely wonderful. Now, teacher to teacher, there is a law (I'm pretty sure it's federal, but know it is in CT) that you cannot give the kids candy.
Thanks Rose! I woke up feeling better today. I must have slept on my left side because my left ear hurts.I thought I would take a Dis/BL break (yeah, right :rolleyes1) and respond in a bit, but I wouldn't feel right going about my day without responding personally to all of you. We really are a tight-knit group. :)
CC - thanks for your sweet words! I wish it was a law, I get so sick of all the junk! Some give out Dum-dums. Candy is actually on every teacher's supply list to send in! We're in the stone ages. We just made a no homebaked foods served at school rule 3 years ago! But school nutrition is another high horse I don't have the energy for right now. Thank you for sharing with us about your ear. I hope that the right dr, with the correct diagnosis, finds his/her way to you soon! I know what you mean by the tight-knit group. ITA!

A big thank you to our weightkeeper, LuvBaloo, who is juggling a new job, move, family and still takes care of us! :flower3:
You have to forgive yourself and get back on the wagon but don't think every time that you fall off that it will leave you behind. It won't. We won't leave you behind -- ever. You can do it! :flower3:
Thanks Lisa! You better not leave me behind. I'd really run then to catch up!:hug:

Seriously?? 4 miles in under 30 minutes?? Holy cow!!
Second.....:hug: I can so relate to that scary, scary feeling. It is kind of like falling from a cliff. You try to catch yourself... you know what to do (reach out and grab a branch), but you just can't seem to do it! If it would help, you could start a food journal here on the Dis. One thing that I do when I have a stressful/tempting situation is that I ask myself a question...."Is doing this going to help me attain my goal?" ere is today's unofficial QOTD:

Chinese or Italian? Italian, I hate chinese!

Penthouse or ground floor? Penthouse, love the view

Plain or peanut? peanut!

music or tv? usually music, but can I pick silence?

ocean or lake? ocean!, unless it's Bay Lake!;)

horror movie or chick flick? chick flick!

math or reading? READING!! I HATE MATH!

soup or salad? Salad, usually, but I love soup on chilly days!

video game or board game? don't like either!

sushi or no sushi? can't get myself to try it!

outgoing or shy? I'll let you decide! But in IRL, very lacking in self-confidence!

saver or tosser? TOSSER surrounded by savers! But I save a few sentimental things.

cooking or baking? I love to bake breads!

hot cereal or cold cereal? cold, but don't love either

newspaper or tv news? neither, too depressing!

optimist or pessimist? forced myself really be truthful, I want to be an optimist, I really do, but am usually a pessimist

Definitely feel like falling off a cliff. Thanks for you offer to help. Today: Kashi trail mix bar and coffee for breakfast, banana at 10am, kashi pumpkin pie bar, peach, string cheese at lunch (11:10), fat free yogurt at 2, 2 kisses (better than 10) around 3, dinner: cantaloupe, 4 ounces chicken, about 1oz. chorizo, 2tsp. cheese, 1tsp. sour cream. About 1150 calories. I feel much better if I stay in the 1100 range, just to compensate for any misjudgements in quantity, although I typically underestimate ounces. Also had about 100 oz. of water. I know I need more veggies in there. I also have learned I do better if I have most of my calories by 3pm, hence the heavier eating at work!

You are very inspirational to me. Even when I haven't had time to read all the posts, I have read yours and several others and taken something from them. No, I wanted to FINISH a marathon. And I was determined to get that Mickey medal. So, keep pushing for the finish line (your ultimate goal weight, maintenance, whatever) because all of your effort has been taking you closer and closer. Just keep pushing.

Cam, that was really sweet, and really meant a lot to me. It's so sweet to know that somewhere along the way, I might have motivated or inspired others. I think my piece of our puzzle could be the woman who tries to do it all, and unfortunately has to, and still has some success. You have a lot to offer, too, so be sure to post more often next challenge! Your determination despite the knee surgery really inspired me - I even had cold green beans for lunch one day last week! ;) And onyone that has ever run a marathon is awesome!!!!!

Ended up staying home with the girls. DD2 kept crying this morning after she got up. Her throat really hurt and she was just miserable.
Poor baby, that really breaks my heart, too. I hate it when my babies, or anyone's babies are sick! Hope the sore throat part gets better soon!

You have not lost control. You are strong and in control. I really think that so much of this is that you have too much on your plate right now. You can do this! Okay – have I rambled on enough yet? Seriously Taryn, you are a strong person who can get through this. I have so much faith in you and I know you will pull through it.
I was not feeling so good because when I got on the scale today, I had gained 3 pounds since yesterday! Seriously after running 13.1 miles I GAINED 3 pounds.

Jen, thank you, too. I think the word CONTROL is the key here. I am one of those people that needs to feel in control. I have to feel like my class is controlled, my house, my kids, my food, my exercise, my own master's class, my family's food, my schedule. I think you hit the nail on the head, I have soo much on my plate, that the threads of control everywhere are slipping. As for your weight gain, every time I run more than 7 miles, I have a gain of about 5 lbs the next day. Unfortunately, for me, it hung around for several days, which left me feeling out of control again. Since you are much more conditioned than I am, it will probably come off quicker. I never commented on your first day of work blues, because I have no advice. Honestly, I truly wish we were financially okay enough for me to be a SAHM. That's my true calling, I get so much satisfaction from taking care of my family. So, any words of advice I have would not ring true. All I do know is that you are such an amazing person, and I just feel like something wonderful is coming your way. I really do, and I think it will be beyond your wildest expectations!
And I am glad you love your new do! Mom wants me to cut mine really short, but I love my ponytail!!! I've made a do change, sorta. Instead of straightening it everyday, I've been moussing and scrunching to let it just keep it's curls. It's pretty Farah Fawcett right now! But, it seems like big and curly is coming back, and someone said it made me look more alive, so that's a plus! I've been getting lots of "you look tired, are you okay?"comments.

Would really LOVE a new job, and have been trying to find something that would work for me. Now I think i may just look for a reasonable out once i start driving. Really hope to be gone from target before Christmas. If not by then then definitely early next year.
Good luck with your new job search, and hope to see you around a bunch!

Stressful time here. My DH was laid off from his teaching job (after 9 years at the same public high school) and school starts next Tuesday and he still hasn't been able to secure a position.
Jude, thanks for sharing. I hate that so many people are out of work right now, against their wishes, and the stress it means on the family. I hope that something great comes for him, CC, and Jen!

Thanks for doing these questions, Pamela. I was going to do a quiz "Are you Roller Derby Queen material?" so this was much better! So you guys had better watch out for the fall challenge 'cause I am ready to rock it!!
YOU ARE ON!!! And the roller derby comment? :lmao: I was honestly thinking about how we don't stress "competition", but motivate and inspire each other. Truly awesome!

I love this!!! Makes me want to sing "Can you feel the love tonight?". ITA, we are a clan, tribe, family!

You all are so AWESOME! DD2 is slowly getting back to normal She ate some Saltines and perked up. She ended up taking a nap for another hour late this afternoon but woke up grumpy again. Finally drinking again!
So glad she is better! I know you must be really stressed!

BY the time I got home I raced to the bathroom and spent most of SUnday night there. I have been out of it pretty much since then. I have been sleeping on and off for the last 48 hours.
So sorry Dona! hope you are better soon!

Okay, that took an hour! I just needed to talk to my buds tonight. You get me! I guess I feel a bit of loss that this challenge is ending, not sure why! I have a tummyache tonight, broke one of my cardinal rules and made some coffee after dinner. I might be up half the night, but usually takes care of constipation, which feels like my issue. Sorry, TMI!

I just want to say that the Jenny Craig and Nutrisystem commercials are making me feel pretty good about myself. You know, doing this without any formal program other than you guys, 1200 cal/day, and running, pretty good! AND INEXPENSIVE!

Off to do a bit of housework. I did get a bit of a nap this afternoon. 20 minutes does me a world of good! DD had an eye dr. appt this afternoon, and what we suspected is coming true - glasses. DH and I have terrible eyesight, so it was just a matter of time. Thankfully, right now, it's just for reading the board, so she is going with glasses instead of contacts. Her depth perception and close vision is good, thankfully. Tomorrow is a wild day. I have to leave at 6:40 for my 45 minute trip to take Sophie to MIL and FIL, come home and get AK ready. Then, school, quick stop at home for AK dinner and grab something for Sophie and me for dinner, then gym from 5-8, home at 9. Won't see DH at all tomorrow. Had to help him write another essay tonight for his management course. UGH. I don't even have it in my to do anything for myself!

I might check in if I have time tomorrow. Is that when we are officially supposed to stop posting here?

NIGHT! I love you guys!
Taryn

Wow! Took a few days off and fall behind by 6 pages! I skimmed, but didn't have time to read everything as closely as I would like.

Happy Birthday Connie!!!!!party:

Hope you had a great weekend, and that you have a wonderful birthday! :goodvibes

Happy Birthday Connie:bday:party::jumping1:

party:Happy Birthday, Connie!!party:

party::bday: Connie! I hope you have a great day!

Happy Birthday, Connie!! Have a wonderful day!!! :wizard:

Connie – Happy Birthday!

Thank you all for the birthday wishes. I took off work yesterday (for my bday) and today (for my wedding anniversary). My folks kept DD from Friday evening thru Monday morning, so DH and I had some nice alone time and then we basically had our "weekend" family time yesterday and today. For my bday, I got Disney videos from DD and new running shoes from DH. Love it all!!

PART 1 WINNER = connie96
PART 2 WINNER =lisah0711[/B]

Jen, it is so cool that you do these prizes. Since you have already drawn my name once before during this challenge, please feel free to save my prize for the next challenge. I'd love to see one of our new participants find inspiration in your generosity.

No running for 2 days = fresh legs. no running for 8 days = weak legs! ;)
I'm dreading this myself. I ran last Wednesday morning and blew off my usual weekend run - while DD was staying with my folks, I took advantage and slept late. And, I ate such total junk and had a few drinks over the weekend, I just didn't wanna wake up early enough to run yesterday or today. I thought I was gonna try to run after work tomorrow, BUT... one of the things we did today was buy a "big girl" bed for DD. It'll be delivered tomorrow, so I'll be deconstructing her toddler bed and assembling the full size one. Not sure if I'll run Thursday evening or if I'll wait until the weekend, so I'm looking at 7-10 days between runs. YIKES!!

Lisa - Should I post final instructions for the WIN! challenge in the new thread or should I PM them to you to post into the first page with other challenge info??

If anyone has further questions about the challenge, please holler at me as soon as possible so we can have answers by Friday.

And... CAM!!! Great to see you again!

dona, hope that you are feeling better soon! :flower3:

Rose, I'm so impressed that you ran today when it was so hot! :worship:

Tracey, glad your DD in on the mend!

Lisa-I am jealous of you having a trainer. I considered it before my sister got married, but the trainer at my gym talked me out of it. :confused3

I'm giving it a try to kick start things -- I feel like I need it to get back on track. I've worked with a trainer before and they push me much harder than I would push myself. As part of the BL challenge I also get 8 last chance workouts with my team -- my time 5:30 am on Wednesdays -- should be interesting! I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Finding something to be proud of in my day.

Tonight, I changed clothes at work and went to the Y on the way home. I was only able to manage 15 minutes on the bike and even though I thought about trying some strength exercises, I was nauseous from pain and decided it would be better to try again in the morning. So, my first 15 minutes on the bike since my surgery. :woohoo: They were slow miles, but I did 2.35 and that's more than I had in the bag when I left work.

I also stayed within my points, even with a snack tonight. Day 6 of my new WW effort is done, successfully. And I am looking forward to going to the gym in the morning with a friend and really hoping to see a good weigh in on Thursday morning at WW.

Way to go on the exercise, Cam, but don't overdo it! :cheer2:

YOU ARE ON!!! And the roller derby comment? :lmao: I was honestly thinking about how we don't stress "competition", but motivate and inspire each other.

Truly awesome!I might check in if I have time tomorrow. Is that when we are officially supposed to stop posting here?

Actually the roller derby queen quiz is on NPR -- I heard a story about it this morning. Don't know why I thought this group might be interested! :rotfl2:

Ususally at the end of the challenge we congratulate our winners and drift over to the new thread. I have posted the warm up QOTD and will start with the official QOTD on Friday. I will not ask that this thread be closed but let it go as time goes on. I will put in a final post to remind folks to come over to the fall challenge late tomorrow or early Friday.

Lisa - Should I post final instructions for the WIN! challenge in the new thread or should I PM them to you to post into the first page with other challenge info??

If anyone has further questions about the challenge, please holler at me as soon as possible so we can have answers by Friday.

Hello, birthday girl! Glad that you had a great day and happy anniversary!

Is your daughter excited about her new bed? princess:

It's probably best if you do a post on the new thread explaining the challenge, what you want the participants to do, and let me know if you want to incorporate anything on the first post.

Thank you so much for being our WIN! coach!

I'm looking forward to our new Healthy Habits and WIN!

Wow I am impressed that even after over sleeping you still found a way to get a run in. You may just be motivating me to get up earlier in the a.m and run. I will let you know if it really happens.:lmao:

PART 1 WINNER = mommyof2Pirates
PART 2 WINNER =Rose&Mike

:yay:Im so excited to be the winner! Thanks jen I will Pm you my information. I am vowing to participate in the HH every week next challenge. They are so helpful.

Stressful time here. My DH was laid off from his teaching job (after 9 years at the same public high school) and school starts next Tuesday and he still hasn't been able to secure a position. He is very very depressed and defeated and it's infecting me too. He has had a bunch of interviews and has made it o the last round and then...nothing. Big disappointment came last night when his school district announced it was rehiring 10 of the 29 teachers it laid off but, despite his having the most seniority of the teachers laid off, his position was not targeted as a "necessary" one to reinstate. Tried to run today but ended up taking a pilates class instead. We're working through this but it really stinks....
Sorry for the pity party. :confused3 Thanks for listening.

Sorry to hear about the job issues jude. That really takes a toll on the entire family. I hope DH finds a new position that he really enjoys.:hug:

rock it![/U]! :teeth:

Wow Lisa that sounds so motivating. You are going to do awesome this fall.

We are planning on going to see the Twins play baseball tonight - here is to hoping the storms pass by us and that we don't get rain!

I hope you had a great night at the game with no rain!

Wow I can't believe how many posts have gone up since I posted on Sunday. I went out to a Sweet 16 party on Sunday . BY the time I got home I raced to the bathroom and spent most of SUnday night there. I have been out of it pretty much since then. I have been sleeping on and off for the last 48 hours. This is the first time I have been on the computer since Sunday.

Hope you are feeling better soon:hug:

You should be very proud of yourself Cam....sounds like a great day.

I have been so busy the past two days. We are trying to get some kind of routine going in our house. We go in two different directions in the morning with the kids. My dh started classes tonight from 6-9. I am getting use to all the school stuff. I got ryans homework calendar today....Homework in kindergarten. He has 3 "sight" words to learn this month. I dont think I was able to spell until I was in 2nd grade.:lmao: These kids are so advanced these days. I am going to run tomorrow no matter what. I just need to figure out what time. I am considering trying to get my runs done in the a.m. Just not a huge fan of morning runs. I cant wait to see who the biggest loser is. The suspense it killing me.:laughing:

Chinese or Italian? Italian

Penthouse or ground floor? Penthouse

Plain or peanut? Plain

music or tv? TV

ocean or lake? Ocean

horror movie or chick flick? Chick flick

math or reading? oh this is tought I dont like either:lmao:

soup or salad? Soup

video game or board game? Board game

sushi or no sushi? NO

outgoing or shy? Outgoing

saver or tosser? Tosser

cooking or baking? cooking

hot cereal or cold cereal? cold

newspaper or tv news? TV

optimist or pessimist? Optimist....it drives people crazy sometimes.

Thanks again for the fun questions.

I am off to bed. Talk to you all tomorrow.

Here we celebrate our progress and recognize our superstars.

Reminders:
-after 3 weeks of no reporting, you are dropped from the challenged – can re-start at any time, though
-if anybody knows they will miss weighing in, just PM and let me know and you’ll be marked excused

First some stats

MAINTAINERS:
(staying within 2 lbs of their maintain weight is successfully maintaining!)
# of Maintainers Reporting In & Successfully Maintaining: 3
(congrats princessbride6205 & 50sjayne & Rose&Mike!)

LOSERS:
Current Participants-------------34!
not reporting in for 1 week------ 4
not reporting in for 2 weeks------ 5
not reporting in for 3 weeks------ 3
Excused------------------------- 2
weigh ins----------------------- 19
gains---------------------------- 1
maintains------------------------ 6
losses-------------------------- 12
new or returning members -------- 0

Biggest Loser Summer Challenge Week 12!
This week’s group loss = 12.3 pounds!
Average percentage of weight lost 0.32 %
Total group weight loss so far 439.5 pounds! (This includes the weight loss by people before switching to maintainer status!) It was a great summer!
YEAH! We passed 400! AWESOME!

Retention Rate (compared to the 78 weighins for our start weigh-in on May 28th)
(19+2+3)/ 78 = 31% (this includes the Losers and Maintainer and Excused people!)

Before the weekly superstar list comes the disclaimer. I am human and I make mistakes. If you have any questions please contact me. For your reference this is the magic percentage of weight lost formula - weight loss for the week divided by weight for last week times 100, that gives us the percentage. Now let me test that with my numbers for week 1, click, click, click goes the calculator. Yes, that agrees with the percentage on the magic spreadsheet. (btw if its been more than 1 week between weigh-ins, then the % loss is divided by the number of weeks, to keep everybody on the same basis)

Now let's get to the good stuff. Who were our superstars of week 12? This time I’ve done a TOP 10 LIST ! That criteria may change from week to week. Hey I'm in charge here and I get paid nothin' to do this so you better take what you can get! (and if there’s something you want to know, just ask me!)

The WISH Biggest Loser Summer Challenge Week 12 Superstars!!
#10- 0.21% - mommyof2Pirates
#9- 0.22% - OctoberBride03
#8- 0.29% -mikamah
#7- 0.30% -DisneyTaylors
#6- 0.32% - jenanderson
#5- 0.61% - Connie96
#4- 0.72% - Dahly
#3- 0.89% - disneymom2one
#2- 0.90% - tiki23
and now
The WISH Biggest Loser Summer Challenge
Week 11 Biggest Loser is:
#1- 1.71% - carmiedog

Quote from Dare2Dream: How is your week going? Are you OP (on program)? Are you exercising? Drinking that water? You know what to do to make the magic happen. Get on the wagon. We are all here to help you on the journey. We can do this one day at a time. One bite at a time.

Have a healthy day!
Congratulations carmiedog!!!
What a great week you had. Keep up the good work. We have a very special clippie reserved for our weekly Biggest Loser. Wear it with pride this week! :

This is our weekly reigning Biggest Loser clippie. We have the large version

or use this
http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/31040weeklyBLsmall1.jpg
followed by

or we have a medium version

or use this
http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/31040weeklyBLmed.jpg
followed by

and we have a small version

or use
http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/31040weeklyBLsm.jpg
followed by

Thanks to ohMom-Molli for these clippies. They were used for a previous BL but we can recycle. Don't they look great!

First off, sorry but there's no goal results post tonight. I don't have wireless internet, so I can't get use cut and paste to get the results on line.

But I will get out the group final results:

Overall it was a successful summer of LOSING! Some of us may have wanted more loss, but we all did better than we would have if we weren't trying!

We all deserve a round of applause for sticking around! :banana::worship::thumbsup2:cool1::goodvibes

TOTAL LOSS = 439.5lbs!:thumbsup2

Average %loss over the summer = 3.7%

And now for our top losers of the challenge:

#10: at 5.94% DisneyTaylors

#9: at 6.04% aamomma

#8: a tie at 7.57% JOANNEL & Dahly

#7: at 7.74% flipflopmom

#6: at 8.02% mommyof2Pirates

#5: at 8.51% Connie96

#4: at 9.80% carmiedog

#3: at 10.38% A.Mickey

#2: at 10.67% tiki23

And now for the Biggest Loser Summer Dis-Challenge

at 12.62%

its disneymom2one!

Please copy the instructions from the weekly results post and add the biggest loser segment to your signature if you want to!

Sorry folks, but I'm out of computer time for tonight!
I will do a better final results post in the fall challenge.

Before I sign off, I just wanted to say I'm excited to see so many of you sticking around to the end! Sorry I was unable to be more active.

Quick update on me.
The family is all in one town. We're staying at my parents for the rest of this week and part of next, and then we'll be staying at the in-laws.
We will be going back to our old house on the weekends for at least 2 weeks to finish getting it packed and ready for sale. But this weekend is my sister-in-law's wedding, and both DH & I are in the wedding party so we can't leave until Sunday. Its getting busy as out-of-town relatives are arriving for the wedding.

We've got a house picked out and are just waiting for the home inspection to finalize the purchase deal, and set up a possession date. Hopefully we'll be in our own house by the end of September (mid-Oct at the latest).

My new job started yesterday and so far its going well.
I haven't weighed in for 3 weeks and the scale is packed, so I'll be marking myself excused for the first couple weeks of the fall challenge.
But my clothes are fitting the same, so I think I'm at least maintaining!

Thanks to everybody for all you do to keep the challenge a success. Its takes everybody to keep it fun and active! :goodvibes

Wow - great job Disneymom2one! :thumbsup2

I think all of us losers deserve a hand - and a new nail polish color! :goodvibes

Thanks so much to LuvBaloo, too!

now for our top losers of the challenge:

#10: at 5.94% DisneyTaylors

#9: at 6.04% aamomma

#8: a tie at 7.57% JOANNEL & Dahly

#7: at 7.74% flipflopmom

#6: at 8.02% mommyof2Pirates

#5: at 8.51% Connie96

#4: at 9.80% carmiedog

#3: at 10.38% A.Mickey

#2: at 10.67% tiki23

And now for the Biggest Loser Summer Dis-Challenge

at 12.62%

its disneymom2one!

:cool1::thumbsup2:):banana::woohoo: to the Top 10 "Losers!"

Before I sign off, I just wanted to say I'm excited to see so many of you sticking around to the end! Sorry I was unable to be more active.

Quick update on me.
The family is all in one town. We're staying at my parents for the rest of this week and part of next, and then we'll be staying at the in-laws.
We will be going back to our old house on the weekends for at least 2 weeks to finish getting it packed and ready for sale. But this weekend is my sister-in-law's wedding, and both DH & I are in the wedding party so we can't leave until Sunday. Its getting busy as out-of-town relatives are arriving for the wedding.

We've got a house picked out and are just waiting for the home inspection to finalize the purchase deal, and set up a possession date. Hopefully we'll be in our own house by the end of September (mid-Oct at the latest).

My new job started yesterday and so far its going well.
I haven't weighed in for 3 weeks and the scale is packed, so I'll be marking myself excused for the first couple weeks of the fall challenge.
But my clothes are fitting the same, so I think I'm at least maintaining!

Thanks to everybody for all you do to keep the challenge a success. Its takes everybody to keep it fun and active! :goodvibes

Thanks so so so much Shannon! :goodvibes for inspection and enjoy the wedding!

CC

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. I feel bad - I mostly lurk due to a very busy and stressful life. My husband and I have one child - a beautiful, intelligent, funny 15 year old who we just adore. Unfortunately, she has high functioning autism and she doesn't currently think any of those things about herself. She's in her third week of her freshman year of high school and it's just taken a lot out of both my husband and I. We're hoping that eventually things will get better but like anything else with autism, it will happen on its own time - and not ours.

I also work - I'm an adjunct math professor at the same college where my husband is full time. I have a three course load this semester which won't be bad once we get past the first few weeks and settle in.

Anyway, this thread has meant everything to me. I keep it open and read it constantly. My weight has been a constant battle for me and it's meant a lot to me to have this support system. So I'm sorry I haven't been around more - and really appreciate everyone who posts on these threads.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter